Giants Win Again

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 21, 2015

Shutting out the Dodgers again….lqtm.

Great game, Timmy was the stud I expected him to be.

But did any of you see Bryce Harper get tossed yesterday? WTF was up with that? He mildly complained about a ball that got called a strike but he got back in the box ready to go. All of a sudden, dipshit Matt Williams starts barking at the ump who walks away from his spot behind homeplate towards the dugout and engages Williams. At that point, Harper steps out of the box to let those 2 argue. The ump comes back and promptly throws harper out of the game for not being in the box ready to bat.

I mean, that was just absurd. And Matt Williams is showing how far he still needs to come, in my eyes, before he’s even seen as a competent manager. It is a JOKE that this guy won MOY last year. He got taken to the woodshed by Bochy in the playoffs and this year he seems more interested in being a hot head and getting thrown out of games. His team, not surprisingly, has taken on his persona.

_________________________

What a day for Bay Area sports. Bum/Kershaw in the day, Warriors in Game 2 of Western Conference Finals tonight.

1. Irish Kevin said, on May 21, 2015 at 7:59 am

This has been an exciting year, some highs and lows, which is to be expected over a long season, with that said the Giants are showing that last year was no fluke they are the World Series Champions.

• blade3colorado said, on May 21, 2015 at 8:15 am

That about says it all Kev.

2. willedav said, on May 21, 2015 at 8:04 am

Pagan got shit last night for stepping out. The ump ordered him back in there and then pointed to mound to say just pitch. After he struck out discussion continued. Pagan almost got tossed.
    Harper is such a drama queen, getting bent over 1 pitch in 3rd inning and early in AB. STFU and get back in there and hit. I actually hope umps continue to eject his stupid ass. I can remember getting the hand up sign from b-ball refs that meant “don’t say anything more”, and I’d bet Harper has short leash from most umps.
    The guy can obviously play, but what a bad look.

? would be whether mgr. can come out and argue about that as opposed to balls strikes or a balk.

3. Carstie Clausen said, on May 21, 2015 at 8:32 am

Has Timmy successfully reinvented himself? Beginning to look that way. Becoming a pitcher after copping two Cys and three Rings. Only in baseball do you get such perpetual amazing weirdness.

4. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 21, 2015 at 8:34 am

Wasn’t Angel Hernandez the home plate ump last night? He’s always pulling lame shit to go along with his terrible work performance. On the other hand, Angel Pagan is always talking shit and looking sideways at the umps so maybe they’ve got some history there. The whole “stay on the box” rule is stupid anyway. If a hitter needs ten more seconds to stand in against MLB pitching I have no problem with it. Hey, new commissioner. Want to speed up games? Do away with the DH.

5. Carstie Clausen said, on May 21, 2015 at 8:41 am

So here’s this team sporting the top offensive stats in the league ~ and right near the top in ERA as well. ALL the poobahs, pundits and prognosticators predicted they would win the West and quite possibly the pennant and maybe even the World Series. They made a habit of pounding just about every opponent on their way to being crowned. One little snag on the path to glory ~ they had to beat the World Champs.

Getting shut out two games in a row ~ that by SF’s #4 and 5 starters ~ has got to have gotten into the heads of the, what is it, $260M salaried squad? Granted, the SoCals have lost Ryu for the season, Jansen for a while and Puig for a term. But with all those highly paid athletes left over, they have not accounted themselves particularly well vs the Halloween Machine. Some teams know how to win the big ones ~ even when the chips are down such as vs the Reds in that that amazing NLDS comeback. Some teams just do not have that knack.

Whatever the outcome, it is not likely that the LaBumbos are much looking forward to facing that country boy from Bumtown, Carolina this afternoon.

6. Macdog said, on May 21, 2015 at 9:15 am

Since I had Harper yesterday in MLB’s Streak contest, I was watching the Yanks when the ejection happened. Needless to say, I wasn’t too thrilled with home plate ump Marvin Hudson.

On the other hand, if Harper’s going to act like an arrogant prick over a first-pitch strike he didn’t like with two outs in the bottom of the third, screw him. And really Flav, once Harper was gone, Williams had to go out there to give Hudson hell and get tossed as well. And wouldn’t you know it, the Nats won anyway and are back in first place.

• blade3colorado said, on May 21, 2015 at 9:38 am

I didn’t find out about Harper being tossed until late last night (didn’t know the reason) – so a bit perturbed too, since I had him in a couple of DK tourneys I placed in . . . It could have been so much better if the MOFO had played or I was able to have someone else in his place (in fake DFS salary – Harper is currently the most expensive player at the moment, upwards of $6K plus, which is almost a thousand more then any other position player in MLB).

7. willedav said, on May 21, 2015 at 10:51 am

Dirt, I’ll disagree with you on guys stepping out. I think it’s stupid, esp just because you don’t like a call. Any pitcher that gives a “where was that?” hands up gesture to an ump gets immediate reaction which I think is justified.
    Hitters (like Sandoval) with all the ritual moves before stepping in, then stepping out all the time to take a little walk or readjust something like Hanley and others definitely slows down the game, imo without any good reason. I realize one of the good things about baseball is absence of time limit, but I am in favor of not allowing batters to continue to waste time up there.
    Blanco, btw, is another guy who does this a lot and I think was on league radar for it.

• chipower9 said, on May 22, 2015 at 7:49 am

I agree whole-heartedly with WillieD on this one. Quit scratching your nuts and get in the fucking box and hit!

8. blade3colorado said, on May 21, 2015 at 11:01 am

Watching him right now.

9. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 21, 2015 at 11:07 am

Fair point, wille. I guess it just doesn’t bug me that much. Regarding game time, the last game I was at I noticed the clock for pitchers on the score board. Warm ups were consistently under the allotted time. I just think all the talk about speeding up the game is a bunch of bs. Want to speed up the game? Have one lesss commercial between every inning. I don’t think that happening.

Anyway, I’m heading north on Caltrain and will be looking for fellow flappers at the yard.

Go Giants!

10. willedav said, on May 21, 2015 at 11:07 am

Meanwhile, somewhere Mike Hargove is lqth.

Zum usually has pretty good luck at the yard. What a coup that would be, to sweep LA again, doubly so if they could pin another L on Op courtesy of Bum and friends.

• blade3colorado said, on May 21, 2015 at 11:13 am

Looking for a win here. Not just saying this for noise either . . . Against left-handed pitching, the Dodgers have produced a weighted on-base average of just .307, which ranks bottom-five in the NL, so this isn’t as tough a matchup for Madbum as you might think. I know, you’re thinking the Dodgers have scored the second-most runs in the National League, but wait – most of that damage has come against right-handed pitching (.367 wOBA). In my opinion, the Giants get the sweep. So bring it home Flappers!

11. Irish Kevin said, on May 21, 2015 at 12:03 pm

I don’t know why the rule was created for the batter, the pitcher is the one who controls the time of the game, all the minor league teams have a timer for the pitcher to get the next pitch thrown. Relief pitchers are the worst, leaning over staring, staring….what the hell are they staring at?? Pitch the fucking ball!!!

12. pawliekokonuts said, on May 21, 2015 at 12:53 pm

On Route 17, I was listeing to Mets announcers. They said Harpur showed up the ump by drawing a line in the dirt, literally.

13. pawliekokonuts said, on May 21, 2015 at 12:56 pm

I don’t think i mentioned this, but I was at a AAA game when they started implementing the clock for the batter and pitcher (I believe May 1). Twenty seconds, I think. Digital clock in the outfield and on wall near plate. There were at least two infractions on the pitcher, maybe one on the batter. I do not like it. The pitcher had a ball called on him. In one case, the hurler was definitely rattled. The count turned out of his favor and two pitches later he gave up a deep double. I dunno. I’m not crazy about this.

14. wilcojoe said, on May 21, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Wtf isn’t Crawford playing? He has destroyed lefty’s all year.

15. alleykat69 said, on May 21, 2015 at 1:27 pm

WJ, Flemming was saying Craw has a bit of a tight hammy, and Arias has good stats against Kershaw 12-36 , with the road trip starting up, just a day-off for him.

16. wilcojoe said, on May 21, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Bum!!!

17. Macdog said, on May 21, 2015 at 1:32 pm

MadBomb!

18. Carstie Clausen said, on May 21, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Do it yourself day at the old ballpark. Bum Boom. His pitch count is high, though: 51 in three.

19. alleykat69 said, on May 21, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Mad bum!!!
    Take that Kershaw, Going Deep, 1st ever homer off of Kershaw for a pitcher!!

20. Bozo said, on May 21, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Gotta love a Bum Blast.

21. wilcojoe said, on May 21, 2015 at 2:08 pm

How many more chances will McDeePee get with Duvall tearing it up in Sacto?

22. Macdog said, on May 21, 2015 at 3:39 pm

SWEEEEEEEEEEP L.A.!

23. Bozo said, on May 21, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Swept that trash right up.

24. Macdog said, on May 21, 2015 at 3:41 pm

How ’bout them D 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 dgers!

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 21, 2015 at 8:10 pm

brilliant hed

25. Lurker John said, on May 21, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Wow, sweeping the Dodgers is one thing, but doing it and not allowing a run in any of the games? Holy smokes. We’ve got their number right now. Great series!

26. wilcojoe said, on May 21, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Three straight shutouts of the Dodgers, with one of the best lineups (on paper) to ever come into AT&T. Unreal!

27. wilcojoe said, on May 21, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Now they head on the road to play the two worst teams in the league. Watch them go 2-5 😉

28. Lurker John said, on May 21, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Joe, I think Duvall getting called up will go a lot like calling up Panik did last year. McGiggles is being given every chance, but it’s still only May. If he doesn’t pick it up soon, he’s going to be riding some pine. Duvall doesn’t look like much of a fielder (based only on stats) but neither does McGehee, and the kid can hit.

Great win!

29. Macdog said, on May 21, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Giants 9-0 at home vs. L.A. teams.

• sandog said, on May 21, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Unbelievable! $78 each for those tickets was a bargain!!

30. Flavor said, on May 21, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Hey, why am I so clueless that I just found out there was a Flapalooza today? I saw Dirt post some pics on facebook and I think I see Zummie in one of the pics. Who else went? Snarkk?

31. Carstie Clausen said, on May 21, 2015 at 6:03 pm

What a statement! Three consecutive shutouts vs the overall top offensive team in the NL. Wondering if all those navel-gazing forecasters saw this one coming. Bumgarner pitched in traffic a lot and did not maintain his usually economical pitch count, but he held the fort…and that shocking dinger. Dude now OWNS Opie ~ and the Bums. Game and a half out, gang. Who foresaw this in mid-April. Baseball pundits would do well not to dis and dismiss the World Champs.

• Lurker John said, on May 21, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Like a lot of Flappers said towards the beginning of the season, you have to give things a couple of months to sort themselves out. Panicking in April is pointless. Many wise baseball fans here.

32. Lurker John said, on May 21, 2015 at 7:12 pm

The Warriors have an amazing propensity for coughing the ball up. It kills them at times and it’s killing them right now. They play with this playground mentality, just slinging the ball around and the Rockets are taking them apart because of it. Curry is as bad as any of them, but Green is king. At times he just seems incapable of securing the basketball. 17 point lead blown in about 3 minutes. I don’t know why they can’t step out of that mode, but right now they’re stuck in the middle of it.

33. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 21, 2015 at 7:34 pm

Big Flavor, I think it was all coincidence really. Snarkk or Zum had some tickets and other Flappers picked up the opportunity. I was there with my season tickets. I didn’t end up hooking up with those fellas as I was with my FIL who never shuts the fuck up and couldn’t get away. Hoping you noticed that seat to the left in my pick on Facebook. Oneflapdown baby!

34. Macdog said, on May 21, 2015 at 8:37 pm

What an awful finish by the Rockets.

• wilcojoe said, on May 21, 2015 at 8:41 pm

Terrible. This series is over.

• Lurker John said, on May 22, 2015 at 7:40 am

I’m not going to go that far just yet. It’ll be tough for the Dubs in Houston and they have a lot of improving to do with turnovers.

35. wilcojoe said, on May 21, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Harden flat out choked. Why the hell did he pass it to Howard? He obviously didn’t want to be the guy to win it. Clutch city is once again choke city.

36. snarkk said, on May 21, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Hey, I had nothing to do with a miniFlapalooza today, but I wish I had.
    A sweep of shutouts is beyond awesome. The Flap parade continues with yet another win with Flappers in
    attendance. Hope a good time was had by those attending.
    I gotta look at some highlights…

37. chipower9 said, on May 22, 2015 at 7:56 am

I was with Zumiee yesterday. It was Edd, Zumiee, me, and Zume’s friend Mike (really nice guy). I met Zume and Mike at the Embarcadero station and we walked to the yard, and then walked back after the game. We had a GREAT time.

What an awesome game, and $78 for Club seats…THANK YOU Zume-man!

The park was electric…it almost had a playoff atmosphere. Just a kick-ass day all around. And then I get home and watch the end of the Warrior game as they win a nail-biter against the Spacely’s Sprockets. A damned fine day indeed!

To cap it off, we get released two hours early today, it is a three day weekend, and I get to compete with my dog this weekend!

Thanks again for the ticket, Zumiee! You DA MAN!

• zumiee said, on May 22, 2015 at 8:03 am

You’re welcome! Great to see you guys again! Great game!

38. Carstie Clausen said, on May 22, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Oh yes! Was vibing him “0 for two and overdue. Time to come through”. He musta picked it up ~ and similar vibes from other Giants fans ~ BELTED.