WordPress Sucks Balls

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 23, 2015

For those of you following the “wordpress scam” saga where they charge their customers twice but still say they owe them, here is the update:

I still haven’t head back from either email that I sent them regarding this clerical error. There is still a message that pops up (usually if you use your phone) that says the Flap’s domain is about to expire. The one piece of good news is that the second fraudulent charge they hit me with has come off my credit card statement. So maybe they are just horrible at customer service and plan on resolving this without ever communicating with me.

There is still a *custom design* fee that I need to renew but I’m not an idiot. I’m not paying for services and having them still tell me I owe them for services.

I’m out of town and I doubt I could reach anyone there on the weekend anyway (there is a 1-877 number next to the charge on my credit card that I will call on Monday if I have to). Hopefully this works itself out before the domain expires on May 29th.

Also: the pop messages are only going to happen to you if you’re an editor here at the Flap.

Double header today plus Game 3 of Western Conference Finals tonight. Wow, what a day of sports.

____________________________

and to trump Snarkk’s *for what it’s worth* stat on the last thread I give you this:

Steph Curry: 10.6 million

Andrea Bargnani (Nicks): 11.5 million

And if you don’t want to puke, please don’t go look at what Joe Johnson has made in his career…..

1. wilcojoe said, on May 23, 2015 at 7:04 am

For whatever it’s worth, I log in exclusively on my phone and have not had any issues.

2. wilcojoe said, on May 23, 2015 at 7:06 am

Of course I don’t have editor status, so that could be it.

3. willedav said, on May 23, 2015 at 7:17 am

Today is first time pop up hasn’t shown up. Maybe no need to have someone from WordPress sleep with the fish.
    And anyway, since Monday is still a Holiday, Flav might have wound up with customer support from Bangalore.

Double headers are cool—everyone gets in there, which I’m sure all the hitters dig at Launching Pad West…
    Speaking of which, um Strickland joins the club for today.
    So far 1.66 ERA 25 Ks 3 BBs and no HRs allowed for Sac. Hmmnn.

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:09 am

Granted Affeldt is a highly paid lefty, but the dude has been pretty much shit all season to date. The time may not be far away where he gets traded off and Strickland comes up on a fulltime basis.

4. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2015 at 7:25 am

Well, I hung for an hour or so and went to bed. Even took a few peeks at my phone from the rack. Glad to see our boys persevered…which is no easy task in that abomination called Coors Field. Fuck, I hate baseball in Colorado. Affeldt needs to get it together.I think he will, but the sooner the better.

Speaking of today’s starters, specifically Ben-Hur, regardless of how he does today, is he the short man out when Cain and/or Peavy returns? Could get interesting if both return in the next month or two. What do you do in that scenario?

Hoping Flav gets shit worked out with WordPress…otherwise??? (I suggested earlier that if this place dies, at least temporarily, that we storm “The Splash.”)

I will be out competing with my dog today…hope we finish prior to the game, but I will be trying to track on the ol’ transistor until then. Make it an awesome day Flap Universe.

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:11 am

Chi: Logic has it that Machi would be the first to go. He seems to have lost his touch. If Affeldt does not get his act together soonest, he could wind up on the trading block.

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2015 at 12:13 pm

I don’t see that happening (talking Affeldt, here). That is just not the Giants MO, and Bochy sticks with his vets, sometimes, I believe, to a fault. And who the hell wants to trade for an aging lefty who is struggling (would have to be a special situation that steeps in desperation). If they ever “swapped-out” Affeldt, it would be for a lefty. I don’t see Strickland getting a call (outside of today) until rosters expand. Pitchers, like hitters, go through rough spots. I expect Affeldt to turn it around, and as I said earlier, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Regarding Machi being the first to go, I disagree if we are talking a situation of Cain or Peavy getting activated. They will not jettison a reliever for a starter’s spot, IMO. Again, I think in this situation, Heston is the starter who draws the short stick and packs his bags for Sacto.

5. willedav said, on May 23, 2015 at 7:38 am

I realize his value is at highest point right now, but Belt is making 3.6 mil this year and isn’t FA til 2018.
    Current numbers: .317 BA .391 OB and .520 slugging for .912 OPS.
    Saw the replay of the monster shot into “Bonds territory” last night. Heard the AB on radio where he took SP to 12 pitches with a couple loud fouls before flying out. Belt apologists unite!
    Just hope this nice run doesn’t turn into something like what happened last year at 42-21 point.

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:18 am

Wille: Belt is valuable in so many ways. He is a doubles machine with his slashing stroke. He has been learning to go the other way when the shift is on. His power is indisputable. My favorite, though, you alluded to with that 12 pitch A.B. He wears down pitches like few others in the game. Commonly he goes to 3-2 counts with two or three foul-offs added in for good measure. When the dude is on he is easily one of the most-feared hitters in the game. If he can stay away from the injury-bug, this could be his year.

As to last season’s drop off after a stellar spring, much of it can be attributed to injuries to Pagan and Belt. Giants offense is a finely tuned machine. Knock out a couple of key pieces and it sputters a lot. Also, it is possible that the April awful spell might just have innocculated the team against the June swoon.

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:19 am

“wears down pitchers” rather than pitches. Another gripe with the wordpress situation is that one can no longer go back and edit before posting. Makes for awkward moments now and again.

• snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:51 am

As far as I’m concerned Belt’s defensive prowess cannot be overemphasized. The guy’s throws to 2nd on DPs are awesome. He’s approaching JT Snow territory with the glove. Rarely botches a short or long hop throw into first…

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2015 at 12:15 pm

I have been one who has “Bagged on Belt” this year, but when I was doing so, he deserved it. Consistency is the key, and it is something I have yet to see from BB9 on a long-term basis. I am off his case…for now. 😉

6. willedav said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:52 am

Stix, Affeldt and Lopez make up the loogy brigade. Lopez really struggles vs. RH and rarely is brought in to face them (unlike Affeldt). Being one of the long term vets, I don’t think Affeldt is going anywhere. And Cape Coors isn’t a fair place to judge any pitcher; I think Bochy will try and spot him in there somewhere before 8th if possible so he regains confidence.

Saw this one in Chron baseball heading: “The Charlotte Stone Crabs of the Florida State League, a Rays affiliate, canceled their ‘A-Rod Juice Box’ promotion night after a complaint by the Yankees…”

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Juice box promotion…that is some funny shit.

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 23, 2015 at 2:32 pm

As much as a critique of our HOF-bound manager is taken by some as a violation of Holy Writ; i do have an issue with BB15 dangling Affeldt out there last night. Sure the lead was genormous and i’m sure it was meant as a confidence booster, but it plumb didn’t work. Worst part is that he kinda hung him out to dry until the situation got squeezy and Casilla had to get the call to clean up the mess.

Yes, i’m as down on Affeldt right not as Chi has been on Belt. Doesn’t say i don’t wish him the best. But as good a pitcher purveyor as Bochy happens to be, he currently does not know what to do with Affeldt.

7. djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:01 am

Affeldt’s earned the right to suck and I’m sure will be given every chance to get it together. If he doesn’t, than he just won’t be re-signed. He’s in the final year of his deal. He don’t owe the Giants a damn thing…

• wilcojoe said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:31 am

Seems like Affeldt gets off to a slow start every year but always seems to turn it on in the second half (and postseason in even years).

8. Bozo said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:05 am

I read where the groin injury at the start of the year affected Belt’s rhythm and it can take him awhile to get back in the groove. After a 475 foot poke, I’d have to say that the groin pull is healed and it’s Big Balls in Cowtown time (tip of the Stetson to Bob Wills).

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Ah-Ha…

And the Texas Playboys…

9. alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:46 am

Yes Brandon Belt had some night, a tape measure HR,a double, and a scolding line drive off an umpire’s right hand that will need x- Rays..
    Speaking of that play, just my opinion ,but I believe that should of been a live play and Posey should of been awarded 3rd,just a stupid rule that should be changed.

10. xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:12 am

Is there any sound in baseball more disheartening than thunder over coors field? The place is horrible when the weather’s good, and flat out ludicrous when clouds full of rain or snow roll in. An open baseball park in Denver makes about as much sense as unsupervised toddler swim time at Ocean Beach. Hmmm. Speaking of nonsense . . . .

Hope you get the blog bill collectors straightened out, BF. Sounds like they’re just incompetently trying to crack down on late payments. Last thing they really want is to drive customers away. I saw your reference to gethuman.com yesterday. Now that’s a useful website.

11. snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:51 am

Got on the Flap twice this morning, no pop up message…

• chipower9 said, on May 23, 2015 at 12:27 pm

I have not seen a pop-up today, either. Let’s hope the WordPress geeks got shit figured out for our man Flav.

12. snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:53 am

Strickland up for the DHeader. Hmmm. I hope he’s got a better handle on that slider with some more work since last post-season, since sliders tend to flatten out at 5280 feet. Love to see him get through an inning 1-2-3 with NO dinger action…

13. chipower9 said, on May 23, 2015 at 12:28 pm

I will bag on players when I feel it is deserved (I have gotten down hard on BB9 twice this year), but I also give credit where credit is due, and I give a huge tip of the cap to Belt for his recent resurgence. The HR was monster, and you have the double, but the AB where he worked the pitcher for 12 pitches was key, too (I think WillieD mentioned that earlier). Keep it up BB9!

14. snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Weather forecast today looks like a mess in Denver. Rain off/on all day and night. Rain tomorrow, too…

15. snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 1:02 pm

I just heard Bochy on his pre-game show, re the double header he sounded like the guys were going to go through a Bataan Death march. I’ll sound like a mossback, but in the old days, there were doubleheaders all the time. Starters pitched deep into games, lots of the guys played both ends. Big deal, that was just the way it was. The real difference now is the regular, liberal use of the Pen, and worry about expensive arms getting taxed in one day. I think it’s overblown. Half the game you’re sitting in the dugout, or watching the game on the clubhouse TVs. I’m sure construction dudes and garbage men and farmworkers working all day in heat and freezing cold are feeling sorry for how rough it is for ballplayers in a double header. Oh, heavens, the difficulty and exhaustion that Javi Lopez will encounter today…

16. mrsprtdude said, on May 23, 2015 at 1:43 pm

We don’t win WS 2014 without the amazing job Affelt did in game 7. We can and should wait for him to come around…Belt and Timmy Giant leaders! Who would have guessed that a month ago!

17. djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Do they wait out the first game or postpone it and start waiting out the second game?

18. djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Nothing like a strikeout triple to start things off…

19. djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 4:49 pm

The Pence deal might be the greatest trade in SFG history – maybe world history.
    If you think I’m gonna just talk to myself here all fuckin’ night you’re crazier than I am.
    Good luck with your “Dubs”…

• Bozo said, on May 23, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Agreed Loo. And re-signing Pence was probably our best FA signing in a long time.
      I’m also digging on Crawford, when he was first called up, I was just hoping for Robby Thompson type numbers, now….

• xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:13 pm

The Matt Williams for Jeff Kent deal was pretty good.

• Bozo said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Agreed Xoot, that turned out to be a good trade, I;m just saying re-signing our own guy was the best move on the market, and probably the best FA signing we’ve made since Bonds.

• xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:40 pm

The Jason Schmidt trade, followed by his FA signing–pretty good, too. The Bonds signing was just beyond good. The brand new owners changed the future with that deal.

20. alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 4:53 pm

I will make human contact with you Loo!
    Giants sure made the most of almost screwing up a base loaded no out scenario. Props to Pence& and especially Crawfish, who’s just taking the ball right now..

• djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 4:56 pm

God bless you both…

21. xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 4:58 pm

The Oakland Warriors landed late in Houston. Some sort of airport delay on the take off here in W-Town. They’ll be stiff and tired tonight, but pissed off. I’d like to know what the hoops mavens think of Steve Kerr. He sure looks like a great coach to me.

effing coors field. I hate efffing coors field.

• alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Xoot,
      Those young bucks can handle it.
      “I’m just tired& not as stiff anymore”.

22. alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Time to think about pulling Heston. He’s throwing like Strickland now..

23. Bozo said, on May 23, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Come on Heston. I know it is in Colorado, but you get a seven run lead and ya really just need to put some folks down.

24. djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 5:14 pm

25. alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Great 2 out hitting for RBI’s tonight (5-7) oops make that 6-8 with Belt coming thru.Awesome stuff!!

26. xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 5:17 pm

we may be looking at 30-40 runs in an 8 hour double header, even if Petit’s perfect

27. alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Loo,
    Your 2:52 post cracked me up..
    Wonder if Ernie Banks ever wanted to say: Let’s play 3

• djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Yes, it was rather clever…

28. alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:22 pm

That stupid ass dinosaur are whatever it is? Is really annoying behind the plate. Sure he parks his ass there on purpose.

29. Bozo said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Put this fucker down.

30. wilcojoe said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Piece of shit Casilla just lost me $50. I hate this effing ballpark.

31. Bozo said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Wow, close one and I agree wilco, fuck this ballpark. Hey, lets do it again.

32. mannyman46 said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Belt’s big feet come through again for the Giants.

33. sandog said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Did someone say something about Belt’s D being a big advantage?
    That was getting pretty damn messy there–nice play by BB.

34. Carstie Clausen said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:41 pm

With two innings pitched in the Box of Rox, Strickland faced exactly 6 batters, cussin onaccounta the one guy to single off him got caught stealing. One could say he passed tonight’s test with flying colors. I still think he gets the call before September. How can they keep him down on the farm?

35. Carstie Clausen said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:46 pm

All these double figure scoring adventures are adding up. Now with 31 RBI’s Crawford is fast scooting up the leader board. He’s jumped from 8th to 6th and threatens to climb higher. Two more with Colorado and then on to Milwaukee should give him some opportunities. Belt has quietly (well maybe not silently) shot up to 18 ribbies and Duffy still one ups him as he’s now at 19. That kid is dangerous with ducks on the pond.

Since the Cincinnati series SF has jumped from 14th in runs scored and appears to currently be toodling along as #8 in the 15 team league. If the guys didn’t wear themselves out in the first two games, we could be looking at seventh by tomorrow evening.

36. alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 6:52 pm

8 straight wins!
    51 runs scored in their last 5 road games, undefeated since Pence came back,11O runs scored this May , leads all teams, chance to tie up the Dogpile with another win and their loss, good times indeed right now Flappers!!!

37. alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Warriors bitch slapping Rockets right now.Nothing like taking a crowd out of it.Great D, Great O

38. xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:03 pm

Pence out, McG and Maxwell in for game 2. Maybe Maxwell will go 5 for 5 and even things out.

39. djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Crawford runs through Maxwell’s stop sign to score.
    Maxwell is starting to look like this year’s Brandon Hicks.

• Macdog said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:42 pm

What, Maxwell’s coaching 3rd?

• djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:45 pm

He was batting, Mac and he held up his hand for Crawford to stay at 3rd when a pitch got away from the catcher…

• Macdog said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Just wishful thinking on my part.

40. Flavor said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:44 pm

McGehee reminds me of Aubrey Huff, minus the thong and post 2010 WS glory…..

41. xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Dubs destroyed Houston. Meanwhile, the Giants have scored in game 2. They need only 10 more WP runs to put this one out of reach.

• Macdog said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:54 pm

40 for Curry — or half of Houston’s total. Amazing.

42. willedav said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Warriors by 35. Houston needs to go back on the road I guess, but might not have a chance.
    James Harden with 3 baskets all night–Steph with 40 pts in his back yard (37 in 31 minutes when I stopped watching) including 7 for 9 on 3s. Still wonder who is MVP, Mr. Harden?

• xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 8:57 pm

The players are great, the bench depth is terrific. But what defensive adjustment did Steve Kerr make tonight that just shut Houston down? Or did he?

43. djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Bochy will absolutely take Crawford and Pagan to the ASG if they’re not elected. Casilla, too as someone mentioned and maybe even Panik and Belt. Of course, Bum, and maybe Petit.
    WTF, Torre would regularly take 8 Yankees…

• Macdog said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:06 pm

I’ll never forget Russo screaming at Torre for doing just that one of those years.

44. wilcojoe said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:04 pm

If this game continues with no offense, I may win $1200 on Fanduel. I am currently 1pt out of first place in one of my tournaments. However this is me I’am talking about so I am sure 12 more runs will score and I won’t win $1.

45. wilcojoe said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Please do a rain dance so this game can end now in a postponement.

• Flavor said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:12 pm

lol rooting for you dude! I’m out tonight but hit me up with the results later!

46. wilcojoe said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Phew…Those runs didn’t hurt me.

47. djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Giggles blows a golden DP opportunity…

48. djloo27 said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Per Colorado telecast, Aoki leading NL hitter with RISP and 2 outs:
    Hitting .538 before that knock…

49. pawliekokonuts said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Magnus, as I said in voicemail, is it possible it is not WordPress but some sort of malware? At any rate, here’s an out. Posterous shut down its free platform a few years ago. I was using it for baseballstarrynight dot com. Posthaven followed in its wake. They promise to keep their domain, so they charge a nominal $5 a month. I like it. It’s easy. So, consider posthaven.com if you have to move your domain to another platform.

50. xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Krukow definitely had some beers between games. He never does that “Red Hot, Get Your Red Hots” impersonation of a vendor unless he’s half lit, or doing a ST game with Jon Miller. (Hell, maybe he drinks beer while he comments on ST games.)

Meanwhile, McG executes an incompetent slide and gets clocked in the process. wtf?

• willedav said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:32 pm

a brad penny year.

51. willedav said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Hey Flav, talk about salaries, how you think the Rockies feel with Tulo at 4 yrs and a billion with 16 rbis and Crawford at making 4 mil with 31?
    what would Craw do if the could hit half year in Denver…esp off the rockies pitching staff? Tho he’s hammering everybody right now.

52. xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Now Krukow’s imitating the John Lee Hooker like laugh of Jim Ray Hart (HOW HOW HOW HOW!) and Flemming’s getting agitated over the garulity. Pretty funny.

• xoot said, on May 23, 2015 at 9:43 pm

Jon Miller would just urge Kruk on.

53. snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Curry was all-world tonite. 40 points, crazy passing, etc. Looked like Pistol Pete redux. Fantastic performance…

54. Macdog said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Maybe Affeldt should just go on ahead to Milwaukee.

55. alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Yeah Curry was everything Harden’s not. Easily justifies his NBA MVP Award! Plays at a level that’s just makes every player& fan shaking their heads in amazement..

56. snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:38 pm

McDP’s slide in the 5th — saw the highlight — the dude can’t keep his foot on the ground, else he’d be safe as his foot clearly beat the throw, plus he inexplicably slowed down from his snail pace speed for some reason about 15 feet from home. Duffy easily scores there. I’m missing why this dude is on the 25 other than he has a contract, and Bochy realizes he’s a vet. I’m hoping he comes through big time at some point…

57. snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Game 1, Strickland had some nasty sliders going. Definite improvement…

58. snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:48 pm

alright, Blanco on in the 9th, let’s get some runs here…

• snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:50 pm

Uh, Blanco with the idiotic running into an out at 3rd, with one out and down by 2 runs in the 9th. WTF? With the big bats coming up, that is the very definition of dumbass. Sometimes I have no clue whatinhell Blanco is thinking in the field, or at the plate. I don’t know what Roberto Kelly was doing there, either, but whatever it was, it was lame…

59. Macdog said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Blanc-oh.

60. snarkk said, on May 23, 2015 at 10:57 pm

Well, they guaranteed a split today at this BS yard. That’s cool. A win tomorrow gives them a series win, which would be gravy in this nutjob of a ballpark…

61. alleykat69 said, on May 23, 2015 at 11:05 pm

He slides,he’s safe, just stupid base running that should never happen, your always taught to slide, then to compound it he didn’t hustle and eased up. Just the opposite of what Craw did early in the game and literally stole a run with hustle.

62. snarkk said, on May 24, 2015 at 12:05 am

Hey, Unca Chuck, if you’re still on Kauai, the Dolphin restaurant in Hanalei has great fresh fish. The fish store in back is an awesome source for great, fresh islands ono, opa, mahi and other super fish. If they have some called walu, that’s highly recommended (though small portions, it’ll give you the runs in big portions), along with belly ahi tuna — that’s super stuff…

63. snarkk said, on May 24, 2015 at 12:25 am

From the LA Times: (MLB rankings, with SF at 4)

8. DODGERS: It’s pretty clear that San Francisco owns the Dodgers, so maybe the Giants can fix the TV situation? (1)

64. eddacker said, on May 24, 2015 at 7:28 am

Pressure on the doggers masterminds in Lozanges.
    A clink of the coffee cup to my team. 3 against the brew crew and then the east coast comes to phone park.
    Another physically grueling series of games.
    Go Gigantes!

65. willedav said, on May 24, 2015 at 7:35 am

At his current pace (22 hits in 118 ABs/35 games) it would take MacG 944 ABs/280 games to match last year total of 177 hits.