Feelin’ It

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 27, 2015

Serious question: How good do you guys feel about our team right now? Because I am feeling pretty confident, barring injury, about us taking down the West this year. Crazy? Maybe.

But look at the facts so far this year: The Padres? They are who I thought they were going to be. Overrated. As June is hitting, and Matt Kemp isn’t, I see that team toiling for most of the Summer. The Dodgers? Sure, they could go trade for Cole Hamels and that wouldn’t really surprise me if they pick him up. But who’s their number 3 right now? Anderson? Freaking Bolsinger? The Art Dealers have lost 17 games this year.

Seven of those losses were to us.

So I’m just sayin’, Pence is back. The Flap is guaranteed to hum for at least another year. I’m feeling a strange sense of confidence this morning…..

1. Carstie Clausen said, on May 27, 2015 at 7:13 am

Giants now lead all of MLB in base hits. Let that little stat sink in for a minute. Couple days ago in Milwaukee the Brewers got treated to a little Conga Line demonstration. Yesterday, the damage came mainly from the Brewers’ own forte’, the long-ball. The big bugaboo of the team’s recent past appears to have gone with the wind. This team can handle that stick. Essentially no hackers (except maybe the Very Most High Reverend) but a lineup of patient batters who abrade opposing starters and do not relent till they have piled up a nice, big lead.

Currently 6th in the NL in ERA, the Giants pitchers are doing it without their #2 and three starters. Think about that for a minute too. Bullies get a bit worn down due to some relatively short starts and other factors and what does the team do? They bring up a WEAPON. Seems like ST and his time at Sacville have added a bit to Strickland’s repertoire. Opposing batters now realize he has more than pure heat.

So what about them kids? Strickland is merely the latest in an ongoing parade of pipeline products. Panik came up last summer and solved the simmering second base problem, becoming in the process a major contributor to the ultimate World Championship. Now Duffy has come outta nowhere, so to speak, and with four dingers and 20+ RBI’s, is on the road to serious consideration for Rookie of the Year.

This team is solid. It’s what we have come to expect from the World Champions.

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:50 am

excellent summary, as is typical

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 27, 2015 at 11:26 am

…THE TEAM definitely looks solid… and when some of the starters sit out a game, it only makes our bench stronger! CAIN should be back soon ~ seems to me his “injury” is probably due to returning to his original pitching mechanics, which had been modified to alleviate the pain from the bone chips… PEAVY, if he ever comes back, is, like HUDSON, a 5-6 inning pitcher, which will get us to the pen, another of our strong points… CAN’T think of any starters I’d want to replace at the trade deadline… figurin’, of course, that the hit parade continues, and isn’t a fluke like the first 2 months of last year…

2. willedav said, on May 27, 2015 at 7:16 am

Agreed, but it is early, even earlier than last year 42-21 after 65 games, and we all know what immediately followed that. I have a bad feeling this isn’t going to be Bum’s best year either so offense is going to have to continue to pick up the others in rotation. See what happens with Peavy and subsequent roster move(s).

Interesting that the Uribe deal came one night after Guerrero had a PH 2 run HR. Guess LA figured the guy has to play regularly and OF just too crowded even without Puig. They are still very formidable team (esp vs. everybody else) and picking up an elite SP likely a part of future.

3. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 7:51 am

I am with you Flav, with a shot of cautious optimism. Sure, we have passed the quarter-point of the season and are only two behind the hated bumbinos while owning their sorry asses, but the season is still young. With your caveat of “barring injury” I really like this team, and their chances. Actually, I like this team a lot!

Early in the season when our boys were toiling in last place, I (and there were other Flappers) said to stay calm, await Pence’s return, and to see what happens with Cain and Peavy. Now, Peavy is on a rehab assignment, and Cain threw 25 pitches to live hitters yesterday. Cain said afterwards that he feels really good, and hopes to return prior to the all star break.

The kids are really contributing and I love that. DuffMan with another homer yesterday. This kid kind of reminds me of Bill Mueller who played 3rd sack for the Giants (late 90s if I remember correctly).

Anyway, I am quite optimistic with the year. Just stay healthy and play your brand of ball. And of course, it will all come down to the pitching.

Orange and Black Forever – GO GIANTS!

4. James said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:01 am

There’s corroboration of Cliff Ray’s desertion of duty at the end of yesterday’s thread for anyone interested.

5. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:02 am

6. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:13 am

Not sure he can maintain the pace for the year, but I want to give big props to Crawford. The dude is as good as there is with the glove at SS, and his bat has been spectacular. The diving catch he made to get Bum out of the 6th yesterday was another highlight reel play, but what we have come to expect from him. And that he is a local kid who grew up dreaming of playing SS for our Giants…doesn’t get much better.

• Bozo said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:45 am

I hear that chi. What a start Craw has had. Hitting .299, leads the team in Runs and RBIs, second with the long ball, not too shabby. Plus, it seems he’s made a defensive highlight every dang day. I think there are probably more than a few teams out there that would want our SS, hell, some teams probably would like our whole homegrown infield. Right now those starting four are only costing the team $7.8 mil, I’d call that a bargain, so I’m not sweating any contract that may get eaten (after he passed through waivers and opted for AAA instead of declaring himself a FA, I wonder if McGehee still gets paid his $4.8?).

• chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:34 am

John, my understanding is that Casey had an option left, so he was not required to clear waivers. I do believe the team is on the hook for all of his major league salary, but am not sure on that.

• Bozo said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:20 am

Thanks chi, I hadn’t read the latest in the Casey at the bat saga.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 27, 2015 at 11:48 am

…EVERYTHING I’ve heard thus far, is that the Giants are on-the-hook for McG’s salary… if another team would have claimed him, they would have only had to pay the league minimum, with the Giants picking up the balance…

7. Irish Kevin said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:16 am

Reading up on the Uribe trade. This is what the Dodgers website is reporting.

Callaspo is batting .223 this year, Uribe .247. But for the Dodgers this deal is more a case of moving Uribe than acquiring Callaspo.

As popular as the 36-year-old Uribe is, and as productive as he’s been at times, he had become obsolete as a third baseman with the play of Justin Turner and Alex Guerrero.

• chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:33 am

I think it was more about acquiring arms that they could potentially use in the near future.

8. Flavor said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:37 am

had some questions about this, I think Twin’s new email is twinfan1@hotmail.com

• blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:54 am

michael.scott2@mchsi.com is another one.

• chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:27 am

Thanks to both of you. I will give both a try. Just wanted to check in and see how Twin and Merna are doing.

9. Flavor said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:40 am

James– thanks for the link. I now consider this debate I have had with my buddy at work to be closed. And my vindication continues on….

10. willedav said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:40 am

Props to James for finding that info on Ray’s “retirement” from Warriors in March, about 17 games early. So it really did happen, just a little sooner than right before end of season.

2 words: park factor. Monday Brewers blast 3 HRs in 5 innings off Lincecum, yesterday Giants respond with 3 of their own, including another monster bash from Belt and Duffy taking one deep over CF fence. No doubt in my mind if he played 81 games there Belt would wind up with 25+ HRs, and maybe Posey/Pence too. Playing at ATT, 20 likely about tops, esp with all the night games.

Braves west coast road trip not off to good start, as Opie shuts them out for 7 while striking out 10 and LA pounds Julio Teheran for 8 earned. Hopefully appearance of Mr and Mrs. Zum during homestand = Giants W.

• zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:01 am

I think it’s the “We Score We Win” shirt. That shirt has STRONG mojo!! πŸ™‚

11. blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:41 am

Flavor, you owe James a beer or cocktail of his choice. He was “gold” finding the LA Times article about Ray telling the Police (who had visited his home at the Warriors request) . . . “Tell ’em I retired.”

Question for James . . . I went to numerous archive listings, including those mentioned at the Library of Congress. No listing that I can recall for LA papers (where you got the article), unless it was a pay site. So my question – Does your university gig give you free access to archive pay sites? Regardless, good investigative work. πŸ™‚

• James said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:02 am

Blade, indeed I used free remote access to those services via the university library. Proquest, one of the content aggregators that UCB licenses, is cited at the top of the LA Times article. I am claiming fair use :-). There’s still a lot of online stuff the library holds that isn’t freely available.

• blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:10 am

Regardless – again, good job! I actually found a paper (Press Courier), which was located down south (CA, but forgot which city) and it actually had a fairly large sports section. However, I gave up after going through all of April, which is normally the end of the NBA basketball season. I saw the date on your article, March 30th. Hilarious.

12. Bozo said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:46 am

Right now the Giants are playing good baseball. I agree they have a chance at winning the Division, but they’ll need to continue playing solid ball. Everyone in the West will playing us tough, so I see a battle up to the final week.

13. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:06 am

So much for pandering to that fragile ego for El Caballo Loco…

1. Aoki LF

2. Panik 2B

3. Pence RF

4. Posey C

5. Belt 1B

6. Crawford SS

7. Pagan CF

8. Duffy 3B

9. Vogelsong P

• zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:13 am

Wow. Bochy channeling his inner Bill Walsh, also. πŸ™‚

• giants54 said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:32 am

Loo and I had a talk with him πŸ™‚

• chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:39 am

Good work on the part of you and Loo! πŸ˜‰

14. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:08 am

“I’d call that a bargain”
    The best we ever had!! Oh, I can’t resist a Who reference. πŸ™‚
    —–
    McGehee’s contract is totally guaranteed, as far as I understand.
    —–
    I was kind of surprised by the Uribe trade. His hitting was down, but he’s been playing terrific defense for them. Turner’s been a good hitter for L.A., but he’s a work in progress on defense. Maybe the same as Duffy. They’re both learning the hot corner. But at least Duffy seems to have a quick release on his throws, and puts good mustard on them when he needs to. Turner has to hit well to be worth what he gives up on defense, and his hitting is down a bit from last year.
    And the Dodgers also threw in Withrow, who was a good pitcher until the Tommy John surgery. Atlanta won’t have him until 2016, but he could be a good pick-up for them.

• Bozo said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:34 am

Thanks zum. I knew someone would catch the Who reference (saw the lads in NOLA this year, even without Keith Moon they can still rock. Man they have a lot of hits.)

And you’re right about the McGehee deal. It looks like he is still on the 40 man and his AAA assignment will last for 10 days after which time I guess it’s “Should I stay or should I go now?” for old Casey.{and if I stay it will be double plays?)

15. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:09 am

While poking around this morn, I saw a story where Zito started in Sacto last night for the Nashville Sounds (A’s Triple A club). I don’t seem to recall him taking a minor league assignment. Not sure what his stats are…I suppose he is trying to claw his way back onto a major league roster. Yeah, his contract was awful, and he sucked for much of that contract, but IMO, he wiped all of that out with his performance against the Cards in the 2012 post season.

16. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:10 am

It’s possible the only reason L.A. has the two game lead at the moment, is because the Giants had McG to start the season. Somebody decent to start the season at 3B would have been worth a couple more wins, IMO.

• zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:16 am

I don’t know if WAR would agree with that. But I’m not a big fan of the WAR stat. It seems pretty fabricated to me. Just my opinion.

17. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:20 am

Sandoval possibly making a change. From a Red Sox article:

“Pablo Sandoval has spent his entire Major League Baseball career hitting from both sides of the plate, but the 28-year-old may now look to hit from the left side exclusively.
    Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell told Tim Britton of the Providence Journal prior to Monday’s game against the Minnesota Twins that the team has talked with Sandoval about the switch, just one day after the former World Series MVP hit left-handed against Los Angeles Angels left-hander Cesar Ramos.

Sandoval has gotten off to a slow start in his first season with the Red Sox, hitting .266/.335/.406 with five home runs in 40 games overall. However, the numbers against left-handed pitching are alarming, as he has a slash line of .071/.114/.071 in 42 at-bats, per Baseball-Reference.com.
    Farrell did say Sandoval would be included in the conversation before any permanent decision is made. The Red Sox have a recent history with switch-hitters who stopped, as Shane Victorino went exclusively right-handed late in the 2013 season.
    Sandoval’s career OPS against left-handed pitching is 181 points lower than against right-handed pitching, so it’s certainly something he and the Red Sox should entertain. The Red Sox are off to a slow 21-24 start this season and need to find answers from within or risk another losing season two years removed from winning a championship.”

18. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:20 am

Like many Flappers, I still grind a bit when I think about Uribe turning a cold shoulder and going to the hated bumbinos. But I will always remember and appreciate his big contributions to our boys winning their first World Series while playing in the City.

Anyway, I thought this a good read on “Jazz Hands” and his recent trade to the Braves.

• blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:08 am

Great article, but like you – I don’t understand why he left here (money?). In any event, another former Giant that thought the grass was greener on the other side and it wasn’t (IMO).

19. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:26 am

Looking at Pablo’s numbers that Zume posted, and comparing them to Duffy.

DuffMan – 34 games, 25 starts. 169 AB, .300, .328, .418, .746, 3 HR, 22 RBIs.

20. Macdog said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:53 am

I’m diggin’ the lineup, especially now that Pence is back and Duffster is out there every game, but I’m a little leery about the pitching. Not sure how long the bullpen can hold up in support of a rotation that, except for MadBum, has trouble half the time just making it through 6 innings. Getting a healthy Peavy back might help a little, and who knows when/if Cain will return, but at some point Sabevans will have to try and get a decent starter who can eat up some innings. Easier said than done, I’m sure.

As for the division, it would help if a team other than the Giants could actually beat the fuckin’ Dodgers.

That play by Crawford last night: Not following the game, I had only read about it, but after seeing it on the highlights, the story did not come close to doing it justice. Tremendous, maybe his best this season, and there’s certainly plenty to choose from. It’s gong to be cool seeing Craw as part of the All-Star team.

21. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:10 am

Mac brings up the bullpen, and it reminded me of a story by Baggs that I meant to share on that specific topic…interesting stuff.

22. Bozo said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:35 am

Early game today, makes me happy.

23. pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 11:00 am

Uribe’s homer against the Phils, while I was at the ballet, that’s enough to put him in the pantheon. Plus, didn’t he hit a homer against the Dodgers, in LA, the game we were down 6-0, the one with the video from the crowd?

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 11:16 am

in the 2010 pennant clincher

• chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Agree Mr. Kokonuts…that alone. Just like Zito with his shutout in game 5 of the NLCS in 2012.

24. blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 11:07 am

This LU is made up of so many good hitters that Pagan being in the 7th spot is no big deal.

• chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I agree. I was debating the call by G54 (and Loo) to move him down to the 6 hole, but I am down with the line-up. WTF…like I am going to question Bochy…right….

• blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Don’t forget or maybe you haven’t (per your 7:51am post) – you, Pawlie, Bozo, myself and maybe 1 or 2 other flappers loved this team and said, “trust in Sabes – he knows what the fuck he is doing.” I knew this team was going to be good with the kids (Panic, Duffy and Susac) improving; more speed (Aoki); Pagan back for a full season (where you and I said he would easily play over a 100 games); and Cainer, Pence, and Peavy all coming back as reinforcements. Only miss is no miss at all (McGiggles) because I wanted Duffy in there from the get go.

OK, done patting myself on the back. πŸ™‚

25. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:03 pm

“I guess it’s β€œShould I stay or should I go now?” for old Casey.{and if I stay it will be double plays?)”

A Who reference and a Clash reference in the same day; that is excellent, Bozo.

26. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:04 pm

And to make a Richard Thompson reference, Vogie is walking on a wire this inning.

27. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:07 pm

That’s one of those “coulda been a lot worse” innings.

28. Macdog said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Panik at Miller Park!

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 7:46 pm

sly movie /novel reference!

29. blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Great swing by Panic. Disregard Fiers abysmal first nine games, i.e., the Giants are going up against a very good young pitcher. Dude was lights out last season with a 2.13 ERA and .88 WHIP . . . His SOs this season, 57 in 46.2 innings is indicative of how good he is.

30. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Damn…stepped away at 1-0 to grab a bite, get back, and see that there was a Panik attack in Brewtown. Whoop!

31. xoot said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Some years back–less than 10, I believe–the Angels started a game with every player in the LU sporting a BA of .300 or better. Somebody tanked that night, so no streak started. Looking at the Giants developing box score today, you’ve gotta think they have a chance to go 8 over .300 soon.

32. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Another very good outing by VogelStrong. Dude just refuses to give in.

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:10 pm

should be called The Phoenix!

33. pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Ain’t gonna lie. After he got rocked, I figured Vogelsong was done. And I’m not the only one. It’s a long season indeed, but he has really turned it around like a ballet pirouette.

• chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Agree…based on his April, I thought he was done.

34. unca_chuck said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Broxton (Fat Bastard) is still in the league?

35. unca_chuck said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Running the clash vein, is this the Guns of Broxton?

36. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Romo with another great outing. His nickname should be Sergio 1-2-3.

37. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:27 pm

El Caballo Loco! Dude is getting it done whether it is leading off, 3 hole, or 7 hole.

Hey IrishKevin…how many more games until the magic 100?

38. pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:39 pm

I.love.this.team.

39. chipower9 said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:41 pm

BALLGAME! Yeah, it is the BrewCrew, but How SWEEP it IS!

40. pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Santiago Casilla may be the most underrated Giant of the last 20 years. And I’m saying that even as he has two outs with one more out to go for the save.

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:44 pm

SAVE.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:46 pm

I agree with you. He’s been a great scrap heap pick up eh?

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Yeah. He’s not exactly a household name ~ even in the Bay Area. He is solid, though, and well appreciated by the cognoscenti.

41. Macdog said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Raise a cold one for a sweeeeeeeeeeep of the Brew!

42. Bozo said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Nice little sweep.

43. pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:43 pm

All we need is someone, anyone, to beat the Dodgers, just some of the time.

44. pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:45 pm

off the grid (OTG)….adios…

45. Carstie Clausen said, on May 27, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Seven days of home cookin coming up. Diet will not include quite so many taters, but awfully nice to know that we will be dining on them again out in June when the team travels to Philly. Philly cheesesteak and potatoes. How’s the beer in the City of Brotherly love? Just finishing up a Grain Belt Nordeast, a brew i’d match up with anything i’ve tasted by Sierra Nevada.

Home games will feature a couple of medium-tough teams ~ Atlanta, which the LaBumbos have been lessoning and The Pirates, an outfit which features some pretty good pitching. Even at home if SF can take 4 of seven from this pair i’d be happy enough. Much will depend on maintaining the conga line,

46. gianthead said, on May 27, 2015 at 2:27 pm

They are playing very solid, smart baseball. Only thing gnawing on me since the sees in Colorado, I don’t think I have ever seen a player swing through and miss on so many swings as Belt. Can he start playing with a cricket paddle or whatever they call that thing????

47. blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 3:21 pm

I have an online feed to ESPN I’m watching, which I rarely watch due to not having cable or satellite. Sheesh, that program has really gone downhill . . . Some blond bimbo (Lindsay Czarniak?) reading the news and interviewing NBA and FIFA experts (re. the NBA finals and FIFA corruption/bribery charges). This broad is a loser, e.g., reading a result of a game, “The score was 4 to O” (she said the letter, not zero). Idiot.

48. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 27, 2015 at 4:30 pm

• Flavor said, on May 27, 2015 at 6:35 pm

any James T reference on this blog, for any moment, is 100% supported by yours truly…….

49. unca_chuck said, on May 27, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Espn used to be a staple of my pre sleep ritual. Not anymore. Not for a while now. Very insipid and crass most of the time. CSN Bay Area is at least fairly factual and not too droll in their reporting.

• Flavor said, on May 27, 2015 at 6:37 pm

honestly, my news sources are almost 100% net based these days. And if I want to see a video and the vine doesn’t do it for me, I go check out the video at mlb.com. I feel like I’ve completely peeled away the bullshit news from the news I actually want to process every day. It’s the best thing about the web, IMO

50. Flavor said, on May 27, 2015 at 6:34 pm

didn’t see or hear any of the game but that’s a nice box score. Voggy has done it again. I’m not a big religious person, far from it, but his faith in God and the multiple times he’s brought his career back from the dead is starting to freak me out a bit……

51. blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Houston should have double digit lead if not for TOs.

52. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Man, Howard’s playing dirty. A flagrant foul should have been called. He set a screen with his elbow at the guy’s throat.

53. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Refs doing everything they can to keep Houston in this but the Rockets aren’t doing their part.

54. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Doesn’t shock me that a Kevin McHale-coached team would play like thugs.That was sort of the Celtic tradition he was raised under.

55. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:47 pm

I guess I just don’t hate McHale like everyone does. Didn’t he coach in the WNBA because he couldn’t get work on the NBA? Or was that Lambier?

• snarkk said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:50 pm

I give him some slack, he had a daughter die last year of lupus…

• blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:15 pm

Lambier Dirt. Great coach and I have no idea why he can’t get a shot in the NBA.

56. snarkk said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Friggin iguadala has to make free throws or take him out

57. Macdog said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Congrats to the Warriors.

58. djloo27 said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:07 pm

8 days off???

59. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:08 pm

My big memory of Kevin McHale:

• twinfan1 said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:16 pm

It doesn’t look like McHale was the one who delivered the cheap shot. He is on our left just trying to get away.
      Maybe there’s more to the GIF than I’m seeing.

60. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Rough start to Uribe’s Atlanta era. He came up in the first inning with the bases loaded, and one out, and struck out. And then later he made an error which helped give the Dodgers their only run so far, in a 1-1 game. An embarrassing first game for him so far. But maybe he does a Brenley and hits the game-winning HR. πŸ™‚

61. xoot said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Steve Kerr is a helluva coach, although that means his staff is, too. But the Dubs are amazing. What depth, under all that flash.

62. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:21 pm

Here’s a very pleasant McHale memory. πŸ™‚

63. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Braves push across a couple of runs, take a 3-1 lead. Dodger bullpen doing their thing.

64. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Scully just said it’s the fourth straight game Greinke has allowed one run and won’t get a win.
    Greinke is getting Cained. πŸ™‚

65. pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Congrats to the Warriors!

and I was a Celtic fan in those days of Hondo, Jojo White, McHale, Dennis Johnson, Cowens. Haven’t really followed NBA since then. Till now. With Curry et al.

• twinfan1 said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Hello and GNight.

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Hey, Mike. Good to see you here, even a cameo. Hope all is well.

66. snarkk said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:09 pm

I was a senior in high school the last time the Dubs were champs of the NBA. Congrats to the Dubs and all their long suffering and loyal fans…

67. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:10 pm

As usual, things got dicey in the bottom of the the ninth at Dodger Stadium, but the Braves hang on for a 3-2 win. The Giants move to one game behind the Dodgers, as the Dodgers head for St. Louis.

68. pawliekokonuts said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Local boy Grilli shuts the door on L.A.

69. zumiee said, on May 27, 2015 at 10:14 pm

The Giants are the #1 NL Wild Card at the moment, but we’re not thinking Wild Card these days. πŸ™‚

• Lurker John said, on May 28, 2015 at 9:52 am

DIVISION CHAMPS, BABY!

70. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2015 at 9:52 am

Awesome find on the group shot of the ’75 Warriors, Flav. How appropos. I’m very excited to see how the W’s will fare against the great Lebron James. Not having Dwight Howard to deal with will be a plus. That dude’s a beast.