Tuesday!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 2, 2015

I saw the Giants had moved up to #2 on the ESPN *power rankings*. Normally I never click on something like that but it was embedded in an article I was reading. I was shocked to see thousands of comments in response to these *power rankings*.

Power Rankings, regardless of the sport, are so stupid, so inconsequential, so devoid of any value whatsoever I just couldn’t understand why so many people we commenting on a list that is just literally some dipshit at ESPN pulling team names out of a hat.

And then it hit me: of COURSE thousands of people are responding to that dumbass list. When your team HASN’T won 3 out of the last 5 World Series trophies, *power rankings* are the only thing to grasp on to. And the way the teams shoot up that list, usually for no reason, there are ample opportunities for fans across all teams to brag about their team or to razz fans of teams sliding down the ranking list.

We’ve lost 3 in a row. I can’t imagine we’ll retain our #2 ranking. Boo hoo. I’m sure the next update will have us at #28 or some shit.

1. chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:01 am

To those who commented on yesterday’s thread, thanks for the feedback on Casilla and our closing situation. I know his save rate has been good over the years, but I just am not digging him of late. He has not had the killer instict. The way his WHIP has balooned over the last month or so, I just would not be opposed to seeing Romo get some save opps. And I agree, Strickland will eventually be the man, but I don’t expect that to happen until at least July or August.

What a fucked-up game. The ump was anything BUT consistent. But ya can’t really hang this on him. Vogey had the melt-down inning, and the Giants had their chances with the bases juiced and could not score.

Erase, delete, rewind and go get ’em today!

• tomthebeekeeper said, on June 2, 2015 at 2:59 pm

…I ALWAYS feel anxious when he’s pitchin’ the 9th and we have only a 1 or 2 run lead… felt the same way about Romo, too… would be g-r-e-a-t to have a lights-out closer…

2. zumiee said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:05 am

The Giants have done well when they fly under the radar of the national media. The pressure is usually on other teams during the playoffs to live up to the hype. The Giants don’t usually get much hype from the media to have to live up to. They can just play ball, focused on the task at hand.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on June 2, 2015 at 3:02 pm

…THE GIANTS don’t get ANY hype from the media… bein’ out here on the East Coast, it’s not even worth waitin’ for the “quick pitch” highlights, cuz we’re lucky if we get 10-15 seconds… AND if the SF highlights are “next” after the commercial break, well, cross your fingers, cuz the show may not pick up where it left off… GUESS WE’LL need a SF v NYY, or SF v Boston World Series, with the Giants winnin’ in 4 lopsided games, before they’ll get any respect…

3. zumiee said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:10 am

Wilco Joe, for gifs I use the Bing search engine, and then type a general instruction. On that one, I typed “despair gifs.” 🙂

• wilcojoe said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:35 am

Thanks Zum. The one last night with Louie C.K was a keeper. Let’s just hope you don’t have to use it too often.

4. willedav said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:24 am

“Casilla is 34 for 38, including yesterday.” Case closed, imo.

Strickland has thrown a grand total of 7 innings this year–good ones, sure, but that’s it, added to 7 end of last year in reg season for a total of 14 career. Gotta see a lot more of it before I believe in this guy.

Not counting of course, what he did in post season: 8 innings 9 hits 7 earned courtesy of 6 HRs given up.

Casilla has given up way too many walks so far. But he has established himself as a proven closer with multiple pitches/ways to get ml hitters out, regular and post season. On such a body of work, he’s not going anywhere, and shouldn’t.

Pirates are tough, good young club and I’m interested to see what happens with the Korean kid they signed who is off to good start. Really wish Giants had a shot at getting Liriano in off season, but he re-upped.

• chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:16 am

WillieD – Well, the case may be closed in your book, but I am concerned with Casilla’s recent performance. And no way I am saying Strickland is the guy “Now.” But I do believe Strickland will be closing games before year’s-end. Not saying he will be “the closer,” but I think he will “get his chances.”

And I am not saying fire Casilla. He is a good closer, and his overall past performance shows this. But I just think if he keeps struggling, that Romo should get some opportunities, too.

Look, the stats I shared do not lie. For the 28 and 14 day splits, Casilla’s WHIP was around 2.4, and 7 day split had him at 1.6. I think he sits at 1.4 now. Not a great WHIP, especially for your closer.

So, IMO, the “case is NOT closed.” We shall see how he performs. I hope he gets it together and is lights-out, but recent outings have not given me a lot of confidence in the dude.

5. pawliekokonuts said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:28 am

Power rankings shpower shrankings. Same thing with girlfriends. One ranks me a 9.9, another -9.9. Who cares?

6. zumiee said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:33 am

I’m not having much faith in a hugely successful return of Peavy and/or Cain. And Timmy, Vogie, and Hudson are a crapshoot on a given day. Heston has been a big help. But none of them are a true #2 to help Bum in the playoffs. Some of the crapshooters gave some decent starts in the playoffs in ’14, but they’re a year older now and looking long in the tooth. I’d like to see the Giants make a big trade for someone at some point. The only minor leaguer I would keep as untouchable is Okert. We need him with Lopez and Affeldt getting up there in age.

• chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:19 am

Perhaps. It is early. I have confidence in Sabevans to make the required moves later in the year. Until Cain and Peavy return (if they do) and each have a few starts under their belt, I think it is premature to evaluate either.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on June 2, 2015 at 3:07 pm

…I WAS surprised that Cain had troubles with his forearm during ST… after all, he wasn’t really injured, they were just cleaning out bone chips that had been there for years… I SUPPOSE he had adjusted his throwing motion to compensate for the lack of pain…

…PEAVY and HUDSON are basically just 5-inning pitchers… Vogey is in that same category…

7. willedav said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:40 am

Pence got off to great start when he first came back but finished road trip in Mil 1 for 9, and is 3-16 since.
    Homestand he is 5-31 with the one triple his only XBH.
    Having missed virtually all of ST it’s realistic to take a while before he finds groove and gets back near normal.
    Fun to watch tho, and no one consistently runs out IF groundouts/dribblers like he does.

8. Carstie Clausen said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:08 am

Nice writeup by Lincoln Mitchell for Huff sports on the Brandons and the Giants farm system.

• chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:25 am

Good read Stix. Thanks for the heads-up. Here is the link if anyone else is interested:

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:27 am

Nice link fellas. Key takeaway:

“Only four players, Mike Trout, Paul Goldschmidt, Giancarlo Stanton and Bryce Harper ,are as young as Belt and have bested Belt’s OPS+ of 129 while coming to bat at least 1,500 times in their career. Belt is clearly not the equal of any of those great hitters, but no other hitter younger than 28 has been as good or better than Belt these last few years.”

I like this podcast linked below. The latest talks about Sandoval a little bit and also your San Francisco Giants.

• blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 11:31 am

Good stuff Dirt . . . Going to listen to more of this later. I like the fantasy emphasis.

• chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Must be the firewall at work…no bueno. Will check it out later from home…

9. chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:27 am

Flav – great thread today. I was just looking at some power rankings on Yardbarker (I get their feed every day). It had the Giants at 13. I agree with you on these being absolutely worthless, and you, again, put a humorous spin on it all. Keep up the good work…I appreciate it (and the blog).

10. unca_chuck said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:40 am

Getting creative with the titles I see!

Hah . . . Power rankings are dumb beyond reason. They got big in football over the last few years. Easy to do with the time off between games and all the bloviating time between games as well. Baseball? Might as well spin a wheel.

• Flavor said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:05 am

Ha! Waiting for someone to notice that

11. Irish Kevin said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:57 am

After the game the stat that surprised me was the Giants are 1-20 in 1 run games after the 7th inning. Do the teams the Giants have face have that good of Bull pens? For me I hope Cain does come back.

• chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:56 am

How many did the Giants lead after 7? How many did they trail?

Overall, Giants have played in 16 one-run games, and they are 10-6.

• Irish Kevin said, on June 2, 2015 at 2:34 pm

The stat when trailing by 1 run after 7 innings

12. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:17 am

Chi, Casilla does go south quick but also had issues with blisters in the past that contributed to his poor performance. Maybe he is having that issue now. Who knows but I tend to agree with you on Casilla/Strickland. If Strickland keeps it up he’ll probably get a shot or two but Casilla has been good and a small sample size doesn’t disproved that. If he struggles a bit longer, I see Bochy just going with the best match up and letting the talent sort itself out.

• chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:45 am

Yep…good analysis, IMO. And yes, I am aware that Casilla has had issues with blisters. If that is the case now, then get Romo in there until Casilla is “right.”

• Carstie Clausen said, on June 2, 2015 at 11:10 am

Bullpen committee is another possibility. Casilla would usually be the first call and Romo and Strickland would get situational shots at the 9th.

• willedav said, on June 2, 2015 at 11:13 am

“… a small sample size…”
      That’s my entire issue in regard to Strick. He hasn’t had much experience vs. ml hitters, and a large part of that (last year post season) was decidedly ugly. He’s thrown 7 innings total this year and 14 in his ml reg season career. Casilla has been very good for years now, Strick for a couple weeks.

I like what I see so far, but yowza,

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 2, 2015 at 11:17 am

To my eye he certainly looks like a different pitcher but who knows what happens when he encounter some adversity. Especially from a LH hitter. Bochy is putting him in spots to succeed, bringing him along well which he is so good at. Maybe mid to late July he gets a shot but I agree with you. Casilla has been a solid performer in the role.

• chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Casilla has been a solid performer…until recently. Again…not saying Strickland is ready. And Dirt makes a good point in Bochy is bringing him along slowly. Again…I think July or August he gets a chance to close a game or two…not that he will be “the closer.”

And with Casilla’s recent struggles, I would prefer, as Stix referred to it….a bullpen by committee. Let Romo take the hill for a couple of saves. Casilla just does NOT inspire confidence at this time.

13. Flavor said, on June 2, 2015 at 11:00 am

Gary Brown…..designated by the Angels. He’s run out of chances.

• chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Another one bites the dust…

• blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Beer league?

14. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 2, 2015 at 11:06 am

I can see him returning to the fold. Good soldier, head works well for Pence drum solos yada, yada. Maybe he’ll take some hitting instruction this time around.

• Flavor said, on June 2, 2015 at 11:21 am

my guess is that if was seen as good roster filler, and what team doesn’t need that, he would have stuck with one of the teams since his release. He’s getting designated awfully quickly—

15. Carstie Clausen said, on June 2, 2015 at 11:16 am

We all noticed that Vogie was fair to partly cloudy through 4 last night. We not infrequently see the same sort of mileage out of Hudson and Timmy ~ and by projection, Peavy. So maybe some statsaholic could square me up on this but with four “starters” who are good for less than five full much of the time and with most Rotations comprised of 5 men instead of our presumable seven, why not something which may be relatively new and different?

What i’m talking is taking those four starters and spreading them over two of the 5 starts. Three or four innings each and then the partner takes over. They could switch off game to game, so that in the case of a winner, each gets a shot at the “vulture” role for the W. My question to the statsaholic is has it been done before and does it work? Many starters do very well once through the lineup. We have 4 of seven who seem to frequently fall into that category. So what’s the argument AGAINST creatively teaming them up?

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 2, 2015 at 11:19 am

Guy in the podcast above thought the club was one solid starter away from having a legit shot. Fair statement imo. I hope it is Cain but suspect he’ll be a solid 3 if he makes it back at all this year. Get it done Sabevans!

16. Lurker John said, on June 2, 2015 at 11:53 am

I was concerned about Sunday’s heartbreaker possibly leading to a losing streak. The G’s need to win today to nip this three gamer in the bud. Games like Sunday used to really get me down, like the team reaching down my throat and ripping my heart out. They don’t suck as much since 2010, but they still suck.

I still have confidence in Casilla. He’s had plenty of quick innings this year and he still throws hard with nasty movement and a good breaking ball. His two-seamer is filthy. He’s had a bit of a rough patch lately, but his experience wins out for me. As good as Strickland has been since his call-up, closer is a big difference from setup. He may be the guy at some point, but I’ll take Casilla for now.

I think Bochy screwed up by not bringing in Javier to face Peterson, though

17. Bozo said, on June 2, 2015 at 12:16 pm

I’m not a big All Star guy and the voting makes those Power Rankings list look… take it back, they’re both fucked up.

Still, I’m surprised to see our OF coming in four through six and very surprised to see Pence at number six. Crawford is at number two for the Shortstops, I do hope he gets the AS nod.

• blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Impressed, especially as you point out – our outfield.

• Bozo said, on June 2, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Blade, I haven’t heard back from the one guy I know who is still in touch with those folks I was with on that camping trip in Colorado. But, I’m still trying to find out where I was (probably a good question for most of the 70s for me).

• blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Ha. I was in some sort of an alcoholic, drug fugue too.

• blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 2:30 pm

I just did my duty Clown . . . I voted 10 times (for most of our team). 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I said fuck it . . . Ended up voting 35 times. Shit, they made is so simple, I said why not. 🙂

• Bozo said, on June 2, 2015 at 7:44 pm

35 times? Sounds reasonable to me, but if Arias gets a mention I’m blaming you.

• blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 7:55 pm

LOL . . . No, Arias wasn’t on my top 9 list, much less 25 man roster list.

18. giants54 said, on June 2, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Current salaries for their SP’s

Bum $.6.7, Cain 21, Tim 17, Hudson 12, Peavy 12, Vog 5.. =74M.

ownership backing up the truck to add another 10m to that to get a top gun? Then who do they get rid of? Maybe if Cain and Peavy are both on the DL and the team is contending, they stretch the budget.

But if Cain comes back looking ok, I think they stand pat and hope he can come on late in the season and be that 2. Or hope Heston improves enough.

As for the rest, pray they can perform well enough.

• willedav said, on June 2, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Agreed, I’d say FA or trade for quality SP more likely in off season, depending how someone like Heston or one of other younger guys in minors shake out.
      Look out for LA to jump into the market tho–not just to cover this year but also in likely case Greinke opts out to cash in as FA after the season.

And I agree SF might be one short even with Cain, tho it worked out last year.
      Just gotta get in!

19. willedav said, on June 2, 2015 at 1:32 pm

I know flamethrowers are fun to watch, but many successful closers have not had 98+ stuff and still manage to get hitters out. Still goes on today too.
    Even Kimbrel and Chapman blow saves when they can’t put ball where they want it.

• Carstie Clausen said, on June 2, 2015 at 7:46 pm

My favorite closer of all time remains junkball specialist little Stu Miller, even if he did get called for a balk at Candlestick when pitching in the All Star game back in the day.

• djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Stu Miller faces a washed-up, semi-crippled Mickey Mantle sitting on 499 HRS on Mother’s Day 1967:

20. wilcojoe said, on June 2, 2015 at 2:21 pm

I kept thinking y’all’s (or youse guys as Mac and Loo might say) phones were misspelling Sabean. It took me a few posts to get it.

• chipower9 said, on June 2, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Without knowing who is really calling the shots, I was trying to come up with a moniker for the “two headed monster.” 😉

21. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 2, 2015 at 3:13 pm

I moved this thread up to two in my June power rankings.

22. djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Power rating nonsense proof:
    Peter King ranks my sorry KC Chiefs #4 in the NFL!!!

23. djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Pagan got a haircut.

24. djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Beautiful start.
    Stomp the piss out of ’em!

25. Carstie Clausen said, on June 2, 2015 at 7:43 pm

Sometimes the odds makers are a bit like the power rankers. Odds Shark, over Yahoo Sports has their pick as Pittsburgh at 73-27 over the Giants. Here and i thought they were two fairly closely matched squads playing at the home field of the odds-on underdog.

26. pawliekokonuts said, on June 2, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Heston looks like Tom Hanks, and bunts about as well as Hanks.

27. pawliekokonuts said, on June 2, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Need more runs.

28. Paul Sorensen said, on June 2, 2015 at 7:58 pm

G54 said, “My guess is it’s Bum Cain Heston Lincecum Hudson, with Peavy doing a Scutaro dl spell , VSong pen.” I would tend to agree that; Peavy might well be done, at least for this year and maybe forever. Wasted contract, that one, unless it turns out it’s not… 🙂 Cain will likely be good to go, which is so key. Hey Steve, I just saw on MLB that Posey overtook Molina for the Allstar catcher selection, I guess your 35 votes really count… :-p

• blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:07 pm

“G54”

I thought you were calling out a bingo number at first Paul. 🙂

29. pawliekokonuts said, on June 2, 2015 at 7:59 pm

It’d be sweet to see the Doggers drop two today.

30. pawliekokonuts said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Hey, Loo. Joey Gallo is back — after his famous seafood repast.

• djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:17 pm

I shudder to think what Little Italy must look like today.
      My guess is it’s probably easier to buy a turban than a meatball…

• James said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:42 pm

As long as you realize that the turban is multicultural, Loo . . . .

31. pawliekokonuts said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:08 pm

This game all of a sudden is not feeling so great.

32. Paul Sorensen said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:12 pm

I wish the Giants clubhouse guys would hoodwink the team by keeping the clubhouse calendar on *May* ….

33. willedav said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Man, that didn’t take long.
    Kid gave up a couple rockets in first, but not so lucky this inning.

34. James said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:17 pm

I knew this was going to suck as soon as they started talking over the action with bullshit nostalgia. Well, at least the roster moves will be clear if/when Cain returns.

35. xoot said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Will Clark’s visit to the booth prompted a replay of his big HRs, including a 1987 blast vs. the Cards. Joe Morgan’s call went like this: “Fast ball. IT’S OVER! IT’S OVER!” How many announcers call the type of pitch before it passes the batter? Who, other than maybe Barry Bonds, has an eye that good?

• James said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:36 pm

One huge difference between Bonds and Morgan is that Barry would never disavow what made him great by playing one of the biggest fools to ever don a mic. Still one of the best baseball blogs: http://www.firejoemorgan.com/

• xoot said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:00 pm

actually, I think nostalgia bent my perception a bit. I re-played the replay and it sounded more like “That ball . . . It’s all over [etc.]. Damn. Maybe the great Joe Morgan is merely human after all. He used to do a bunch of charity auction things for the school in Berkeley my kids attended. My older son, without consulting me, took a beat up ball from our bucket to school one day and returned with Joe Morgan’s signature legible over the mud. We also have a signed card somewhere. I also liked the way he fought the government goon at the airport who tried to detain him as a potential drug smuggler simply because he was a black man in a nice suit. Morgan’s disdain for sabrmetrics is a leg of the dialectic jamesians would rather mock than synthesize. Bean counters.

• James said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:19 pm

The great Joe Morgan was an awesome ballplayer.

36. Bozo said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Clawing with the Craw.

37. djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:31 pm

I think it’s comin’ back…

• djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Wrong as usual…

38. Macdog said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:32 pm

It’s gone!

39. Macdog said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Fuckin’ Rockies.

40. djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:39 pm

I’m still not sold on Duffy’s defense at third.
    I guess I just haven’t seen enough yet…

• Macdog said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Still want Beltre? Top Rangers prospect had monster game tonight in place of injured Beltre.

• djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:50 pm

If the price is right, yes…

41. djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 8:41 pm

This is the kind of situation they always save Petit for but rarely happens…

42. Macdog said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:04 pm

I thought Mercer could never hit a homer in San Francisco.

43. blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Guess who’s pitching line this is?

4 IP, 10 SO, 7 ER

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Soren Kierkegaard?

• blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:20 pm

No, I don’t think this guy knows existentialist philosophy, much less anything else besides throwing a baseball.

• djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:20 pm

I heard about it, Blade. Pretty freaky.
      A few years ago somebody in the NBA went something like 0-14 from the floor and 14-14 from the foul line.
      Wish I could remember who it was…

• blade3colorado said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Mr. Thor cost me some coin tonight. In fact, in one cash game, someone (hint – he runs a blog) threw a rookie call up pitcher, named Cravy (or is it Gravy?) against my Norse God and the “hammer” was like a . . . screw driver.

• djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Not that anyone cares but It was Richard Hamilton. Led the team in scoring this game without hitting a field goal:

44. snarkk said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Just in case nobody’s watching, the Pirates are pretty darn good right now…

45. snarkk said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:39 pm

If Klay Thompson is actually healthy and has no relapse on the concussion, and with Mo Buckets activated for this final series, I don’t see how the Dubs can lose this to the Cavs. The Cavs came through a crap conference, most of the Eastern Conf playoff teams would not have made the Western Conf top 8. Dubs in 5…

46. djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Kuip just called Liriano a “former Giant”. Technically not true.
    He never played for the big club before the trade…

• djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:58 pm

If he’s right, then Jackie Robinson is a “former Giant”…

47. Paul Sorensen said, on June 2, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Some of these recent losses haven’t really hurt the Giants in the standings. But they really need to stop this slide, because the other West teams seem to be winning more, all of the sudden….

• zumiee said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Plus some of the Wild Card contenders in other divisions. The Wild Card spots are going to be more competitive this season.

48. sandog said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:03 pm

I dig the Rip Hamilton Fun Fact, Loo.

49. Macdog said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Casilla may be struggling a little lately, but I’ll still take him over a choker like Rodney, who just coughed one up to the Yanks.

50. James said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:11 pm

1st and 3rd with no outs, zero runs, is just as big a downer as bases load etc.

• zumiee said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:13 pm

The conga line has sprung some leaks lately, to mix metaphors.

51. djloo27 said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:18 pm

I wonder who the first seagull was to discover the post-game feast at ATT. Could he still be alive? How did he spread the word?

• zumiee said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:21 pm

I think there’s a National Geographic article in there somewhere. Seriously. It would be cool if someone did a feature on that.

• zumiee said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:23 pm

52. Bozo said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Another tough one. Get em tomorrow.

53. James said, on June 2, 2015 at 10:34 pm

I may have used this line before, but thank goodness for midweek day games.

54. snarkk said, on June 3, 2015 at 12:12 am

I heard Kuip this morning (Tues morning) on KNBR, the “Murph” guy was going on about the team’s upcoming trip to the White House, the 3rd in 5 years, and asked Kuip what he thought about that — and Kuip responded by saying he and Kruk were not going, they were going instead onto Philadelphia for a day off with their families. Murph was obviously somewhat astounded, as he had a very pregnant pause after hearing that, and then recovered with some blather about have a good time, and moved quickly onto the next topic. He obviously didn’t want to probe Kuip about that statement. What the hell? Kruk and Kuip are too big now to be bothered to go with the team to the White House for the 3rd time in 5 years? I don’t get that at all…

55. snarkk said, on June 3, 2015 at 12:20 am

As of before tonight’s loss, the Gyros were 7-21 when allowing 4 runs or more to the oppo…

56. alleykat69 said, on June 3, 2015 at 7:07 am

There also 1-21 trailing after 6 innings , that’s one ugly stat..