3 Thoughts

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 5, 2015

So the Giants go back to back against Francisco Liriano and Jerome Williams? What year is this again? Hot tub time machine?

We should blast Williams, because he sucks, but I’m not confident about Timmy finding his footing on a foreign mound. I really do think there’s been something this year to his tiny ass slip sliding all over *away* mounds. Not sure why…..

______________

Zummie brought up Panda’s underwhelming year at the end of last thread and it got me to wondering what Red Sox fans must be thinking about him these days. I don’t read other teams blogs, mostly because I wouldn’t have a clue how to find a good one. And I don’t know any Red Sox fans. So while I could guess what they’re thinking about him, I don’t have any hard evidence………

______________

That Warrior game. Wow. I was at a graduation so I missed most of it but I caught the last half of the 4th Q and overtime. Moments are a trip, aren’t they? If David Bowie’s wife’s shot at the end of regulation was like an 1/8th of an inch longer, the game is over and Warrior fans are worrying about the series and talking *must win* in game 2. But her shot missed and then Irving got hurt in overtime and the Cav’s look basically dead at this point.

1. willedav said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:49 am

Oh no, not a replay of “the mound ate my fastball.”
    Posey should be in there at C, so that eliminates another excuse.
    Um, if your vet C was behind the plate, wouldn’t you think he would have said something to ump, like “hey my guy is falling all over himself out there, let’s get this f-ing mound fixed before he throws another pitch.”

Seriously, tale of two cities. The Fightins suck and would probably trade about everything not nailed down, while Mets are contenders even without Wright and should be buying to stay in WC hunt.

Rebounding I’m sure bugged Kerr quite a bit. Seemed like Warriors were out of position (not enough guys with at least a foot in the paint) and outhustled for loose balls and tipped ones.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on June 6, 2015 at 8:25 am

…HEARD yesterday that the Giants are the #1 team on the road, leading in most every important category, including runs-per-game…

2. chipower9 said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:00 am

Cool thread. Jermoe Fucking Williams??? Now my head is really spinning. “Hot tub time machine…” lqtm.

I really pay little attention to Pablo. Yeah, the way he left and talked shit about his compadres rubbed me the wrong way, but I will forever be indebted to him for his contributions in our world series titles. I sersiously do not wish him ill…just ready to move on.

What an INTENSE fucking game. Gail took me out to dinner for my BD last night, and I checked the score at one point. 48-48 with three seconds left in the first half. We got home and there was 10 minutes left in the 3rd. I could not peel my eyes from the screen…it was a hotly contested game from that point forward. And I don’t know how much of it was the Cavs going cold in OT, or the Warriors just applying lock-down D (probably a combo of the two), but what a great win. And yes Flav, that final shot in regulation had me holding my breath. Wow.

Well, let’s hope the Orange and Black (Black and Orange for Loo) can get back to some winning ways in the city of brotherly love. We need to get a few wins under out belt and play .500 ball over these next six games. Really, you look at the schedule over the next 13 days, and no reason this team cannot get healthy and play at a winning clip.

Go Gigantes!

• djloo27 said, on June 5, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Thanks, Chi…

3. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:35 am

There was a CBS video last night showing Sandoval getting grilled by the Boston media. He was obviously bothered by the line of questioning. Maybe the fish bowl is getting to him. The comment section had some chowder heads complaining about his recent slump. Something Giants fans know all too well. Whatever. I wish Sandoval the best. He’ll rip off a hitting streak and everyone will forget about it.

I didn’t watch the Warriors game and I am not a fan of David Bowie but I object to the slandering of Iman by associating her with some scrub on the Cleveland squad. She’s an all time beauty in my book.

• Flavor said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:44 am

really? I found her to be one of the uglier super models in super model history. To each his own.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:01 am

lqtm

4. willedav said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:48 am

How things can change in an instant.
    Steph had a nice move to get what he thought was uncontested lay up, but Irving recovered and blocked it and Cavs had ball for last shot with a lot of time left. Fantastic play by Irving which might be his last this series.

Ig remembered LeBron had beat GS with a step back long J in Oaktown before, so when he got ball back and headed that way he had idea what was coming, played him real tight and LeBron took a tough shot that didn’t go before Shump got the O board in corner and threw up a prayer that wasn’t answered. And Cavs never scored again til last second of OT.

Any coach would tell you with that much time and the ball you should be able to get off a better shot than that with a chance to win the game, on the road no less.
    But LeBron was determined to do it his way and Ig was up to the challenge.

5. blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:11 am

Flavor has a contest titled, “Joe is the King.” Hilarious.

All hail Wilcojoe 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:12 am

If you are wondering what type of contest, it is a threesome. No, not that type of threesome. Get your head out of the gutter. 😉

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:47 am

Sounds gross.

6. Bozo said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:20 am

I hadn’t been following Pablo, so out of curiosity I checked a couple of Boston papers. I guess besides being in a slump (he had a horrible start last year) he’s had a few multiple error games and hasn’t looked good in the field (I didn’t see any mentions about his weight, but I only read a couple of articles). I read that he’s trying to only hit left handed and that the Boston fans are just as pissed off at Ramirez and the Red Sox as a whole. I thought this commenter on an article in the Herald summed it up pretty well –
    Jay Cee · Top Commenter · Portland, Maine
    Who would have thought that the pitching would NOT be the problem?

7. blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:26 am

Sandoval made two errors and went 0-for-4 in Thursday’s loss to the Twins. Since May 12, Sandoval has seven hits in 60 at-bats (.116). Worse, Thursday was the second time in the last five days that Sandoval has committed multiple errors in a game. In both of those games, he had costly ninth-inning blunders, which were the inciting incidents in losses.

If you go to Fan Duel, players have fake salaries, whereby you “purchase” them for that day’s cash games or tourneys. Now get this – The lowest of the low players can be had for the K-Mart blue light special of $2200.00. For comparison, Bryce Harper currently goes for $5700.00. So back to Sandoval – he is at that bargain bin basement price of $2200.00 . . . Yep, he is in the low rent district along with these 3rd baseman, Jason Rogers (who?), Jon Diaz (Huh?), Eric Campbell (who dat?) and Luis Jimenez (???).

Man, am I loving me some Matt Duffy. 🙂

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:38 am

Sounds like its time to buy on Pablito.

• blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:42 am

Against Kazmir? You got to be kidding. Right now Pablo couldn’t hit his way out of a paper bag. Lefties (Kazmir) are especially killing him.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:46 am

Ah, I didn’t pay attention to the daily cash game part there. You guys and your gambling. It’s bad for you health you know. 😉 If it was a season league I would try and trade someone for him as he’ll probably go on a hitting tear soon. From the pics I have seen though he doesn’t seem to be doing his conditioning and his recent errors are probably a result of that.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on June 6, 2015 at 8:41 am

…DUFFY and CRAWFORD may be the Giants’ MVP’s thus far in the season…

8. sandog said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:32 am

The Hot Tub Time Machine is a great call. For me, Timmy versus Jerome Williams is quite possibly the most intriguing possible pitching matchup in all of MLB. Two guys I really like to pull for, both wild cards as far as quality of stuff and command on any given day. Throw in the Phillies band box and this is must see TV, for me anyway.
    I didn’t watch a second of NBA game. Bummed to hear about Kyrie. Could be looking at a sweep.

• blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:40 am

Until his injury, in my opinion – he was hands down the best player on the court (exception of Lebron). The play Willie mentioned in his 8:48am post was easily the best play of the game in my opinion. He made about 3 other plays that were almost the equal of that one . . . No idea why the Cavs didn’t emphasize him more in the 2nd half. Additionally, I also felt that JR Smith was MIA for most of the game, especially the 2nd half. Yeah, as I said last night after Irving’s injury – the Warriors are looking at a sweep.

• Macdog said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:15 am

Yeah, Irving (another Jersey guy) seemed to disappear in the 4th quarter, not sure why except maybe that LeBron had it going for a while there.

• chipower9 said, on June 5, 2015 at 12:23 pm

I do not believe that JR Smith scored one point in the 2nd half. You can say he had an off night, but ya have to remember, GS had the best defense in the league for most of the year. And yes, too bad about Irving. I would rather see the teams play as close to full-strength as possible. Outside of that…Fuck the Cavs. One Down! Three to Go!

• blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Chi, read what I wrote – I think we are both in agreement here. Fucker kept on shooting when he was as cold as a cadaver. In short, this is what makes him such an imbecile, i.e., he will keep on hogging the ball and air idiotic shots, when what he should be doing is, feeding his team mates. I blame his coach too – he should have pulled his ass earlier (3 for 13 FGA . . . 3 for 10 3PTA).

9. Macdog said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:42 am

Heading to Philly tonight, a game-time decision after not being sure I’d be able to make one of these games, Not only do our guys have that ugly 5-game skid, it seems we have a losing streak of our own here at the Flap, so hopefully we can get that turned around tonight. But yeah, Timmy vs. J. Williams, might be a long one. Weather’s been pretty cool here this week, had a little rain this morning and it’s still overcast, but it should be clear by tonight, weekend also looking good with temps just right. Giants better do some damage vs. Phils, because Mets have been pretty tough at home so far.

• chipower9 said, on June 5, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Losing streak on the Flap???

• Macdog said, on June 5, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Yeah Chi, I think a a couple Flappers have been at a few of these games during the losing streak. I am looking forward to seeing Timmy, watching him pitch never gets old.

10. Macdog said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:45 am

Hey Flav, looks like the Hill is gone (or will be) in Houston:

• alleykat69 said, on June 5, 2015 at 11:06 am

Yeah their gonna get rid of the hill, but move the flagpole 250 ft past 2 nd base so the outfielder/ infielder still have to circle around it…

• chipower9 said, on June 5, 2015 at 12:28 pm

“Removing it and bringing in the fences in center field allows the Astros to add three new bars, four food locations and the first field-level seating area at Minute Maid Park…”

Ah, the real motivation for the change…

CHA-CHING$$$

I did not like it anyway. Was just goofy as fuck to me. But whatever…

• blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Probably moves in the fences as well; and, with that LU, there will be a lot more bombs.

11. alleykat69 said, on June 5, 2015 at 11:02 am

“Hot tube time machine”
    Awesome call Flav!
    Speaking of that, Does Jerome Williams still wear those dumbass Puka Shell Necklace he wore with the Giants???

12. unca_chuck said, on June 5, 2015 at 11:28 am

Believe it or not Willie, the Dubs out rebounded the Cavs 48-45.

Offensive rebounds ended up 13-11 Cavs.

Speight’s spark in the 2nd quarter was invaluable.

• chipower9 said, on June 5, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Rebounds…assists…turnovers…

SCOREBOARD…

13. unca_chuck said, on June 5, 2015 at 11:31 am

Jerome Williams as the latter-day
    Vogie.

Telling stretch in the 2nd as well when Kerr pulled both Steph and Thompson from the game. They were both sucking.

• chipower9 said, on June 5, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Yet one more indication of the Warrior’s depth…and I still think that will be one of the determining factors in the series.

14. alleykat69 said, on June 5, 2015 at 11:57 am

Not to forget the spark Andre Ingoulda( Jesus I know that’s misspelled) gave them, he played his ass off!!!

• chipower9 said, on June 5, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Great 1-on-1 D against LeBron. To me, that (going solo coverage on LeBron) was genius on Kerr’s part. Let LeBron get his, but make the rest of the Cavs beat ’em. At least for last night it didn’t happen.

15. Irish Kevin said, on June 5, 2015 at 1:17 pm

About last nights game, the W’s bench came up huge, that is one Clevelands weak spots. The other weak spot for Cleveland is when the game is close it is all about Lebron, a lot of standing around by the other 4 guys, waiting to see what L is going to do. Where as the Warriors play “their” game, get out and run and pass the ball around till someone has an open shot.

• Macdog said, on June 5, 2015 at 1:19 pm

I wonder, aside from the obvious talent difference of the benches, if that’s why the Cavs’ bench struggled so much: Because their offense revolves around LeBron on just about every possession, they have no idea what to do when he’s out of the game.

• chipower9 said, on June 5, 2015 at 1:52 pm

One of Kerr’s regular comments to his squad…pass up a good shot to get a great shot…

They are a fun team to watch with all of the ball movement.

16. alleykat69 said, on June 5, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Oh Please No..
    McDP just got recalled, Jean Machi to DL, left groin pull..Maybe Mr. Magoo goes to the Bullpen??

17. chipower9 said, on June 5, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Yep…McDoublePlay is back. Guess he tore the cover off the ball in Sacto. Hope it translates here.

Aoki with the day off and Buster catching Timmah.

1. Gregor Blanco (L) LF
    2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    3. Angel Pagan (S) CF
    4. Buster Posey (R) C
    5. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Matt Duffy (R) 3B
    8. Justin Maxwell (R) RF
    9. Tim Lincecum (L) P

18. chipower9 said, on June 5, 2015 at 1:51 pm

And why the fuck is Pence out of the line-up again? I know he has been scuffling of late, but damn…I think he is better served trying to play out of the slump.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 5, 2015 at 2:28 pm

I read somewhere that he may have tweaked his wrist. Deemed “minor”

19. alleykat69 said, on June 5, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Chi..Something about he jammed his wrist diving to make a catch the other day.Hopefully it’s just a precaution.

20. djloo27 said, on June 5, 2015 at 2:43 pm

That’s another good thing about Pence’s consecutive game streak ending.
    He can sit out and heal up when he needs to instead of going out there and making a minor injury worse…

21. alleykat69 said, on June 5, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Jesus,,,WTF is going on with the 49ers?
    Now their RT Anthony Davis is retiring supposedly to heal his body&brain,shit what a bunch of pussies this team has turned into..
    Maybe the fans should all retire as well..,

• blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 4:23 pm

lol

22. blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Well, if you believe Kruk, Timmy only has to find his “release point” and everything is groovy. Uhh, yeah right.

23. pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Maxwell Hammers Silver!

24. pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 5:17 pm

My daughter had herr ACL and torn meniscus repaired today.

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 5:18 pm

her, not herr

• djloo27 said, on June 5, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Best wishes to both of them. Young people heal fast.
        For me, every injury takes 18 months to get better…

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 6:52 pm

tnx, Loo; that’s one reason I won’t hit Mets games

25. pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 5:58 pm

home run Upper Derby, PA

26. alleykat69 said, on June 5, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Buster!!!
    Dead Red!
    Dead Center Field Bomb!!

27. Flavor said, on June 5, 2015 at 6:36 pm

fuckin’ McGehee. I love K/K all “and LOOK what he did in AAA!!!” THat’s great guys. He looks scads different in that K he just had…..

28. Carstie Clausen said, on June 5, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Our 8th inning pinch hitter, just recalled from Sac-town did NOT GDP.

29. Carstie Clausen said, on June 5, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Whew, Flav. Synchronicity or what?

30. willedav said, on June 5, 2015 at 6:51 pm

just got in and Lopez gets Howard for the GIDP on 1 pitch.
    Best value in baseball, right Snarkk?

Revere on the Aoki school of baserunning?

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 6:53 pm

…tho’ Howard’s been killin us tonight. That’s okay. You know what picture I will always have of him. Called third strike. 2010.

• snarkk said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:18 pm

He walked Utley after a struggle AB of 8 pitches or so…

31. pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Duffster!!!!!!!!! Web gem!!!!!!!!

32. snarkk said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:03 pm

No way McDP makes that play, nice job Duffman!!

• djloo27 said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Pablo’s gut might’ve been a hinderance as well…

33. djloo27 said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Macdog wins for us in Philly…

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:28 pm

thanks, Macdog

34. Carstie Clausen said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:17 pm

From early on in the game i did not have that queasy feeling that had haunted me since that disastrous loss to Atlanta in the 9th. One could not call it a quality start by Timmy as he did give up four runs ~ but not many hits and they mostly came from the heart of their order. Was surprised by the quality of their bullpen, with 3 of them boasting ERA’s in the 2.00’s. Garcia, the guy who took the loss on Buster’s blast, was the only one with an earnie over 4.

Strickland was a bit iffy but emerged okay. Lopez, Romo and Casilla reverted to form. Busting outta that losing streak, with both Pence and Aoki out of the lineup was huge. Maxwell filled in nicely with his dinger. Those lovable kids, Duffy and Panik, continue to shine.

As i noted yesterday, that trip to the White House probably loosened the gang up just sufficiently to get them back on track today.

35. snarkk said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:22 pm

So, after McDP craps out again, he’d have to be DFA’d a second time? Will he get extra points for that?…

• djloo27 said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:27 pm

How fitting would it be if he got double DFA’ed?

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:29 pm

which goes along with being DPed

36. Bozo said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Winning is a very good thing. I didn’t see any of the game with Timmy pitching, Started watching when Strickland was pitching (still not sold on that guy), Lopez did his thing, Duffman making a nice catch and Cassilla closing it out. Checking the box scores and see dingers from Posey, Duffy and Maxwell…very nice.

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:30 pm

I have to salute Maxwell; tough for him to do that almost as if on-call; has not played much recently

37. willedav said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:29 pm

As I’m sure you guys have heard by now, Irving is done, needs left kneecap surgery.
    Lot of grief from the family on how injury was handled by Cavs, as he played 43 minutes last night.
    Tough call either way–if that was Delly guarding Steph there at the end, no way he catches him to block the layup. Altho I guess we’ll see how Delly does from here.

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:31 pm

kneecap surgery….that was my world today….but all went well for my kid, a snarkette by extension, shall we say…

38. alleykat69 said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:39 pm

I’m praying McDP is up just for a look- see for other teams to offer a bottom of the barrel rot gut scotch and a whack a Magoo game for the real players to play in the clubhouse before games…

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 5, 2015 at 7:54 pm

The Giants often have the most extreme deference and forbearance for veterans. We all know that. I wonder why? West Coast surfer thing?

39. wilcojoe said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:03 pm

For years (though I haven’t heard him say it for quite some time) Krukow would predict that a player or fan would get killed by a shattered maple bat. Unfortunately that time may have finally arrived. A woman is hospitalized tonight in Boston with life threatening injuries after being struck by a shattered bat from the hands of Brett Lawrie. My thoughts are with her and her family (she was sitting with her husband and son) as well as Brett Lawrie. Can’t imagine how he must feel tonight.

40. unca_chuck said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Missed the whole game stuck at work. Did Tim Tim get hhe win?

Just wondering. He’s vultured into a couple this year. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I guess if the flappers can’t win at home, we need to win on the road. Way to go Macdog!!

41. unca_chuck said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:30 pm

I thought maple bats were being phased out.

Or was it ‘ under advisement’ per Slug Selig?

• djloo27 said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:31 pm

djloo27 said, on June 1, 2015 at 9:05 pm (Edit)

Have they done something to curb the dangerous shattered bat epidemic of the past few years?
      Haven’t noticed ’em much this season…

• wilcojoe said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Yeah I should have credited you as well Loo. I know that you have been saying the same thing for a while as well. It is odd that you rarely here it come up much anymore.

• djloo27 said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:44 pm

The little kids in the outfield during the Home Run Derby is the one that really freaks me out.
        BP pitchers laying it in to the most powerful hitters on the planet.
        It’s a miracle that some kid hasn’t taken a rocket off his skull.

42. wilcojoe said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:44 pm

On a more positive note tonight at Fenway, it was pretty cool seeing the highlights of Pat Venditte make his major league debut and pitching from both sides. He pitched two shutout innings and only gave up one hit….Would have been pretty funny if nobody told Panda he could pitch from the left side.

43. blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 8:45 pm

This was a fluke incident. The bat issue was addressed a few years ago and I think the incident rate was reduced. Here is an excerpt from what I read:

“Concerned about a rash of flying broken bats and the danger they posed, Major League Baseball studied the issue in 2008 and made a series of changes to bat regulations for the following season.

Multipiece bat failure incidents are down approximately 50 percent since the start of the 2009 season, MLB spokesman Michael Teevan said.”

44. unca_chuck said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Dogs lose!

45. zumiee said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Got swept by the Pirates, but only 1/2 game out of firstplace. Hanging tough!

• djloo27 said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Tough like Clint Eastwood?

• zumiee said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:31 pm

46. xoot said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:41 pm

great local band about to hit it big

47. snarkk said, on June 5, 2015 at 9:56 pm

I don’t get the McDP call up. He can only play 3rd, so what is that saying to Duffman – the kid is playing well. Trade showcase? For a bigger bag o’ balls?…

48. Macdog said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Back from Philly and find the Giants a game closer to first! Entertaining game and very cool to see our guys out-bomb the Phils courtesy of Duffster, Bang Bang Maxwell and Buster. Great catch by Duffy in the 9th, and what a break on that baserunning screwup by Revere. I had no idea what he had done since I was watching Maxwell’s throw home, but then the Giants throw it to 2nd, the ump calls Revere out, and I figured he must not have touched second, haha. Still a tense game given a homer could come at any time, and that Franco shot was a laser, but he had no shot vs. Romo in the 8th.

After getting cheap upper-deck seats from a scalper, my buddy and I watched from the lower concourse for about the first 5-6 innings before we finally settled on seats down the third-base line, next to a section of a group of orange-clad Giants fans. I’ve been to at least one game at CBP since ’08, and I’ve never seen so few fans there. Once we figured out the ushers weren’t checking tickets, we could’ve sat wherever we wanted.

• blade3colorado said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:31 pm

That’s cool the ushers do that. Here in Sherpa Mountain Park, there could be a thousand people total at the game and you better not be trying any shenanigans to get a closer seat/better view.

49. Macdog said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Oh, and a huuuuuuuuge shout-out to Loo for keeping me abreast of things like why Pence and Aoki were out and the Machi-McDP moves. Only decorum prevented me from yelling, “What the fuck is he doing here?” when McDP came to bat, having no idea he had been called back up.

• willedav said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Nice, Mac. I know, it shocked me to hear Miller call his name on radio when he hit.
      In a way it frees up time for others like Frandsen in Sac. I’m sure Giants just figure he is most reliable hitter off the bench (as opposed to Duvall or Adrianza) based on what he did in Sac. Doesn’t necessarily mean it will last, and it does give Bochy a chance to rest Duffy once in a while or play him at 2b to give Panik a day off too.

• zumiee said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:35 pm

And there’s that $5 million contract. They’re going to still try to get some money’s worth out of that.

50. zumiee said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:37 pm

That’s some serious ownage by the Cardinals over the Dodgers over the last several years. That’s got to be a huge mental edge for the Cards when they play the Dodgers.

51. zumiee said, on June 5, 2015 at 10:41 pm

The Red Sox manager sat the Panda today, and the Panda’s replacement had two hits in a Red Sox victory.
    I’m not saying Panda is heading into McBuzzkill territory, but his back-up might be starting to make things interesting.

52. zumiee said, on June 5, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Interesting moment in the Cards/Dodgers game. The Cards pitched very carefully to Pederson with the bases loaded, and ended up walking him, producing the only Dodger run of the game, as the next batter, Rollins, grounded into a double-play. It wasn’t exactly like Bonds being intentionally walked with the bases loaded, but it ended up working out the same way.

53. zumiee said, on June 5, 2015 at 11:11 pm

A couple of Dodger fans feeling brutally honest:

We stink against top teams.
    No way around it.

by koufaxrules on Jun 5, 2015 | 9:36 PM

lots of injuries…but yeah, a paper tiger feel to the team.

by DrBraun on Jun 5, 2015 | 9:38 PM

Teams have injuries as well, we just stink against the top teams.

by koufaxrules on Jun 5, 2015 | 9:39 PM

54. Macdog said, on June 5, 2015 at 11:41 pm

Just saw Yanks-Angels highlights. That RF at Yankee Stadium is ridiculous. At least the HRs by Giants and Phils were genuine blasts, including a second-decker by Maxwell. With those Little League dimensions,maybe the LL World Series should move to the Bronx.

55. willedav said, on June 6, 2015 at 7:23 am

The other part of the argument against bringing up Duvall or Adrianza is what we talked about re: Susac going down—how few ABs they are gonna get in SF vs. playing every day.
    MacG I think understands the situation here and seems to be a real pro about it. If Duff slumps for a bit Bochy can give him a day off or two to relax and clear his head. If you bring up one of the other kids they are more likely to sit 3-4 days a week and that’s a tough way to try and get a feel for ml pitching, as Susac has found out.

Miller and Flem noticed 20 thou crowd too, much different from what it usually is when weather is OK. I think until RAJ finally pulls the trigger and dumps off his high priced talent Phils fans just don’t have much to be enthused about, which is too bad.

56. giants54 said, on June 6, 2015 at 7:50 am

O Duffy can move to 2nd or SS if either of those guys need a break and buzz kill to 3rd for a start to keep him er…..sharp? 😉
    He’s an expensive PH basically but team usually has two backup infielders. Will they opt for Adrianza, who runs better and can play 3 positions, but hasn’t proven he can hit much in the bigs? Or Ishi, to give em some pop from the left side? Duvall wouldnt play much either. Stay tuned.