Giant Beat Down of Superheros

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 11, 2015

When you’ve nicknamed your two best pitchers “The Dark Knight” and “Thor” you’re kinda setting yourself up for ridicule if they don’t dominate the opposition. If they both get their asses handed to themselves it might even be time to talk about a couple of new nicknames.

Heston was spectacular and Huddy gutted the job done, but the real story this series has been the hitting. I’m still marveling at that backspin oppo jobber that Belt blasted off Harvey. And Aoki and Joe Panik? What else can be said about those 2.

So what’s Jon Niese’s superhero nickname? *The Dark Loser*? *Thor-oughly Dominated*?

sidenote: my favorite cartoon character (and cartoon name) was Foghorn Leghorn. No close second.

1. gianthead said, on June 11, 2015 at 6:37 am

Can we keep this lineup always as our road team and have different hitters for home????

I have a good feeling tonight about our Warriors. -2.5 is a great line to take. Hopefully Kerr has figured out after 3 games in this series (he obviously did not figure this out after losing to Lebron in Cleveland during the regular season) that Barnes cannot play Lebron and that we need David Lee playing to scrap points inside. Why did Speights not play game 3?

I would like to see Draymond on Lebron to start the game and Speights starting at the 4 on Tristan Thompson. Then I want to see them pickup full court early. Bring in Barnes/Holiday and Livingston as much as possible on the defensive side to pick up full court and give Klay and Curry early rest.

By pressuring the ball, we will get the Cavs into a running game and to out advantage…

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:07 am

You forgot Iggy…dude has been pretty damned good defending James. And he brings some good energy to the game. Warriors MUST play like they WANT IT! Games 2 and 3…especially 3, it looked like the Cavs wanted it much more.

I think the Ws get it done tonight.

2. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 11, 2015 at 6:50 am

What it’s all about boy, elucidate!

That’s a joke, I say that’s a joke son.

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:08 am

Boy thinks a pigpen is something you write with.

3. blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 7:36 am

Flavor, sometimes you come up with pure poetry and brilliance . . . This is one of those times. I thoroughly enjoyed this short, clever, 3 paragraph post. Title and side note is hilarious as well.

Yeah, when you’re stuck for time and 20 plus cash games and tourneys in DFS is calling you, “Monday” “Tuesday” “Wednesday” etc., posts are appropriate. Keep up the good work! 😉

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:08 am

Agree…awesome thread. Pure genius.

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:10 am

Rehab in Sacto Monday…if that holds, I am going to check that game out. I have not been to a Cats game this year…it is time.

4. giants54 said, on June 11, 2015 at 7:52 am

Great news. But do they really want him hitting 94 now? I’m dreading the word ‘setback’.

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:11 am

I am thinking they have been moving him along slowly, and everyone probably agreed that it was time to air it out.

• blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:12 am

It’s been almost a year (July 9, 2014) since he last pitched and per this article, he said, “I don’t know if it’ll be normal again. I think those years have passed. But it’s probably as close to normal as I can be.”

I don’t know what the fuck that means. All’s I know is that since August 23rd, 2013, he began his multiple stints (3) on the disabled list, beginning when he was hit by Gaby Sánchez’s line drive in the pitching arm. If you recall, after recovering from elbow surgery, Cain gained more range of motion in his pitching arm, saying, “I feel like I’m 18 again.” Huh? 18?

Fast forward to the beginning of this season, Cain was placed on the disabled list with a flexor tendon strain in his right forearm.

I don’t know what to believe when Cain or the Giants medicos speak. Cain kept the fact that he has had bone spurs his entire career from the Giants. I’ve always maintained that ANY long term contract for a pitcher is silly. So when Cain agreed to a five-year contract extension worth a guaranteed $112.5 million through 2017 with an option for 2018, at the time surpassing Kevin Brown for the largest deal for a right-handed pitcher – I thought it was a stupid move by the Giants.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:41 am

Going into sprint training I thought it would be either Cain or Hudson who didn’t break camp healthy. I was leaning more towards Hudson but wasn’t surprised it was Cain. Anyway, I thought that statement you quote was ominous too. I’m just an internet medico but if he’s been pitching with chips floating around his whole career I guess once they’re removed he’s almost learning a whole new motion which may have lead to the strain. I don’t have any issue with the contract. I hope he makes it back.

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:47 am

Agree. No way I liked that contract. And yes, the whole situation with Cain has been quite the quandry.

Fuck it, at this point I just hope he can come back and be serviceable over the rest of the contract. I mean shit…he is making almost 21 mil this year, and will do the same over the next two years. Also, 21 mil option in 2018 that has auto exercise clauses (innings pitched over 2017 or 2016 and 17 combined, and no injury to the shoulder, elbow…blah blah blah). Bottom line, the dude is set to make a ton of coin, and I sure as hell hope the Giants get some value out of it.

The only 5 year pitching contract the Giants have signed of late that I would sign again, and a hundered times over is the deal they inked with Bumgarner. Giants with a steal there.

• blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:55 am

Good point about Bum’s contract Chi. Excellent deal where the Giants didn’t get hosed. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 10 pitcher contracts that suck the baloney poney (e.g., Tanaka, Sabathia, Edwin Jackson, Jimenez, Verlander, Zito, Brown, Hampton, Neagle, Santana). Give me another 15 minutes, I could probably provide 10 more. 🙂

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:19 am

Yep…like stealing candy from a baby coming up with pitching contracts that sucked. Threre are TONS of them out there.

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:55 am

While I said I did not like the contract, the flip-side is that I believe the Giants HAD TO do that deal, IF they wanted to keep Cain in a Giant’s uni. So from that perspective, I am okay with the contract. In the grand scheme of things, with other contracts coming off in the next year or so, the Giants are not in that bad of shape financially.

5. chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:05 am

Great thread, Flav. Up there with the best. Had me LMAO.

Love the Foghorn Leghorn reference. I am the SAME! Have always loved that rooster! “I say, I say boy…pay attention when I am talkin’ to ya. Boy is about as sharp as a bowling ball.”

Yes, great game yesterday. Hudson was not at his best, but he gutted through it, and the offense picked him up.

Aoki with four hits, again. Dude is making 4 mil this year, and the team has an option on him at 5.5 (700 K buyout). It would be absolutely fucking stupid to NOT exercise that option.

Panik with another monster game. 3-5 and a bomb.

Posey 2-5 and 3 RBIs.

Belt 2-5 and that oppo field shot into the Finnerty’s section.

Maxwell bringing down his silver hammer with a bomb.

And Pagan, while he did not get a hit, he worked two walks.

Bust out those brooms…no reason our boys cannot get the sweep tonight.

HUGE game for the Warriors tonight…as close to a must win as there is without it technically being a must win. I think the Ws get it done tonight, and I still think they win this thing in 7.

Go Giants – Go Dubs!

6. Carstie Clausen said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:30 am

Even the individual stats are starting to reflect the rise of the offense. Aoki is now #4 in the batting race and Panik is #11. Wondering how the NL Manager in the All Star game is going to manage to keep some of these boys off the team. Aoki, Panik and Posey are pretty much shoo-ins. Belt currently is #11 in the league in Slugging percentage after a sluggish start. Even Duffy is knocking at the door and so is Crawford. On the pitching side Bumgarner is a given, Casilla has a shot and now Heston is coming on strong.

That NL manager may hafta make some tough decisions. Otherwise we might see one inning in the ASG where the infield is solid orange and black. Betcha that’s never happened before unless maybe the Big Red Machine.

7. Lurker John said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:48 am

Foghorn rocked Flavor, no two ways about it.

8. chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:55 am

Yeah, the offense if really coming along. This in all of MLB:

Avg: T-1
    OBP: T-2
    SLG: 5
    OPS: 4

I think Crawford has made a strong case for consideration on the AS team, too. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes-out.

9. chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:58 am

RIP – Christopher Lee.

10. Flavor said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:58 am

didn’t hear it but everyone is talking about Miller’s HR call for the Maxwell bomb. It went something like, “It’s gone! Deeeep into the night! They show movies on flights like that!”— I’m sure I missed some of it but that was the gist.

• Lurker John said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:00 am

Maxwell is one strong dude. He’s hit a few tape measure jobs this year.

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:22 am

I heard it replayed on KNBR. It was a classic Miller call, and yeah, you got the most of it. He also mentioned that it was hit into the “Finnerty’s party area” or something to that effect.

11. Lurker John said, on June 11, 2015 at 8:59 am

“I’ve always maintained that ANY long term contract for a pitcher is silly. So when Cain agreed to a five-year contract extension worth a guaranteed $112.5 million through 2017 with an option for 2018, at the time surpassing Kevin Brown for the largest deal for a right-handed pitcher – I thought it was a stupid move by the Giants.”

Absolutely agree with your sentiment blade, but, since that’s the way it’s done in MLB, the question becomes are the Giants prepared to let Cain walk? A vital piece of 2 WS championships. A homegrown guy, a fan favorite and a guy who shines under the spotlight. That’s the only thing I can think the Giants were considering when they offered him the big contract. He’d been a horse up to that point. They weren’t prepared to let him walk. I also have no doubt that someone else would’ve come up with the dough and snapped him right up.

But with pitchers you never know. Your Kevin Brown example illustrates this perfectly. Even with all that, I’m still keeping a positive outlook about Cain’s successful return.

• blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:12 am

Yes, you’re right LJ . . . The market decides the going rate. This is only my sentiment. Ironically, I do have to give props to the Sherpas for abandoning the free agent market for elite pitchers. They were burned by the Neagle and Hampton contracts. Anyone can disagree with me, but my unequivocal opinion is that you are flushing money down the toilet when you spend for an elite pitcher to come to Coors Field. Consequently, IMO – baseball has NO future here . . . It’s a failed experiment and the sooner this team goes to Florida or Canada, the better.

However, I digress – In general, paying pitchers for more then a 3 year contract is usually folly.

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:24 am

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:27 am

Yeah, at that point in time, obviously the Giants did not want to see Cain walk. Tough call…in hindsight so many look totally fucked-up, but at the time, when you know they are a highly coveted FA, it is a different scenario. But by and large, I agree that it is ludicrous to spend big for 5 or 5+ year contracts for a starter.

12. Lurker John said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:00 am

Christopher Lee, one of the greatest bad guys in movie history. RIP.

13. Irish Kevin said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:28 am

Foghorn Leghorn, yes brings back less stressful times. Waking up and the only thing I had to worry about was what cereal to eat and what cartoon to watch. Of course it is getting close to those times again. 😜😜😜

• blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:56 am

LOL. Now that was funny. Good one Kev.

14. Flavor said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:41 am

girl at my work went to school with Dellavadova. Her roommate dated Patty Mills and she knew Delly too so she’s got a little street cred on this topic. She said Delly’s hygiene was so bad that all the ladies called him “Smelly Delly” behind his back. Maybe that’s how he’s winning all those loose balls. 🙂

15. chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:56 am

You Foghorn Leghorn fans will like this one…

16. zumiee said, on June 11, 2015 at 10:00 am

Good points about the Warriors, GH. It’s kind of annoying watching LeBron walk the ball up the court and set the tempo.
    My favorite play in the last game was when Green got a defensive rebound, and took off and dribbled past all 9 other guys on the court and dunked at the other end. It was great intensity. Green “gets” it. If all the Warriors have his intensity tonight, things will be just fine.
    Back in 2002, the thing that hurt the Kings against the Lakers (besides questionable officiating) is that the Kings couldn’t get THE key rebound in crucial situations. In game 4, instead of grabbing the ball, Divac slapped it away to the top of the key in the closing seconds. Well, that might have worked if he hadn’t slapped the ball right to Horry, who drained a buzzer-beating 3-pointer to win the game for the Lakers. How did Delly get that rebound in the closing seconds and get fouled on the put-back the other night? There were several Warriors around the play. Rebounding is such a ‘desire thing.’ It’s what made an otherwise marginal player like Rodman a championship player. He was just relentless after the ball. Jordan didn’t like Rodman as a person, but he valued the tenacity.

• Lurker John said, on June 11, 2015 at 10:30 am

If I’m thinking of the same play, zum, it was Barnes that had the best shot at that rebound and he did nothing to box out or get aggressive going up. Barnes is taller and more athletic that what’s his face and there’s no way in hell he shouldn’t easily grab that rebound. That was a huge play. I just can’t believe how badly Curry is getting schooled by a guy who shouldn’t be able to do it. I know he can play, blah, blah, but more intensity has to be shown and Steph needs to be taking his ass to the rack and either scoring or dishing to open teammates.

I kinda sorta have a good feeling about tonight’s game, but the Dubs had better come out playing with a lot more desperation then they have been. They lose tonight and it’s all but over.

17. Lurker John said, on June 11, 2015 at 10:03 am

Blade, funny you mention th long-term prospects of baseball in Denver. I had the same thought th elast time the Giants were there. Pitching is such a large part of championship runs and that park is such a disaster for pitchers a World Series win seems unlikely. It’s not like they haven’t had some fine pitchers over the years.

As for giving long-term contracts to pitchers, self-respecting Giants’ fans will forever have Barry Zito nightmares every time the Giants offer a pitcher big bucks. 😉

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 10:39 am

But Zito gets a free pass in my books with his game 5 gem against the Cards in the 2012 NLCS. That alone made me accept and forget that miserable contract.

18. blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 11:20 am

Saw this in the SF Chronicle – “The Giants put the ball in play, striking out less than any team in the National League except Atlanta, and it starts at the top.”

I’m aware of this “fun fact” (appropriated your line SD) because I follow all teams and players stats daily . . . So it is ironic that Atlanta was the dregs last year insofar as striking out. In short, one of the worst, if not the worst. Of course, when you have BJ Upton on your team, that’s not terribly hard to do. The almost complete makeover of their team prior to the start of this season – which some experts thought was stupid – has worked overall for the Braves, as they are only 2 games out of first in the NL East Division.

19. alleykat69 said, on June 11, 2015 at 11:24 am

Jon Neise could pass for my old school cartoon character “Moroco Mole” partner in crime solving with “Secret Squirrel”
    Another 1 of my old school cartoon hero’s was “Top Kat” who was always roust in the Alley by “Officer Dibble” not Rob Dibble of the Reds..😀

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Seeeecret.

Good calls, on all. Love Morroco Mole, Secret Squirrel, and also Top Cat.

Another big time fav was the “Hillbilly Bears.” Check out Paw Rugg from Hillbilly Bears and tell me he doesn’t remind you of Bumgarner!

20. unca_chuck said, on June 11, 2015 at 11:32 am

Much as I liked Barnes all year, and even in the playoffs, he should have nothing to do with covering James. He’s lost his shot as well.

I wondered why Speigyts has been left on the bench when inside presence us so badly needed. Plus he’s a scorer. Lee looked good and scrappy in his minutes. Green is too wild up close, is too all besides, and Bogut had NO moves under the basket.

That being said, I think we even things up tonight.

21. unca_chuck said, on June 11, 2015 at 11:33 am

Loved looney tunes, but Rocky and Bullwinkle were the bomb.

22. blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 11:40 am

In my opinion (I learned to say that from the best . . . Twin. Hehehe), this is the definitive analysis of why the Warriors are losing; and no, Curry isn’t the culprit. Per the column – Draymond Green has been the “invisible man.”

Long read, but Grantland is always head and tails ahead of the competition in their story lines, analysis, etc.

23. unca_chuck said, on June 11, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Greens lack of size is a bigger factor in this series more than any other. Curry IS a big part of the team’s problems though. Which is why I’d like to see more of Speights. And Lee. I’d think of starting those 2 for a different look.

My issue with how these games start is Curry isn’t driving and dishing. Neither is Thompson. They are content to shoot 3s to start games. They aren’t hitting their shots.

Currys recklessness with the ball has hurt badly late in these last 2 games.

24. Lurker John said, on June 11, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Foghorn Leghorn and Daffy Duck. Looney Toons nirvana.

25. djloo27 said, on June 11, 2015 at 1:14 pm

The Flap will be well represented tonight by the one man freak show in Row 1 behind the SF dugout…
    #searchingforbuzzsaw

• chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 1:56 pm

What? You won’t be representing, Loo?

• Flavor said, on June 11, 2015 at 2:01 pm

excellent. Bring home a no no or don’t bother showing your stupid face back here ever again.

26. chipower9 said, on June 11, 2015 at 1:55 pm

1. Nori Aoki (L) LF
    2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    3. Angel Pagan (S) CF
    4. Buster Posey (R) 1B
    5. Justin Maxwell (R) RF
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Matt Duffy (R) 3B
    8. Andrew Susac (R) C
    9. RHP — Tim Lincecum (6-3, 3.29 ERA)

27. Flavor said, on June 11, 2015 at 2:00 pm

John Bowker is no longer with Giants. Was traded to Pittsburgh’s Triple-A team (in Indianapolis) earlier this week.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 11, 2015 at 2:07 pm

What will the gang do without their feckless leader?

• Bozo said, on June 11, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Say it ain’t so, Flav. Bowker will always be a Damon “Tiny” Minor amongst Giants.

28. Bozo said, on June 11, 2015 at 2:32 pm

So June 11th and Timmy is going for number 7? Man, I didn’t see that one coming.

• sandog said, on June 11, 2015 at 3:28 pm

It looks like my prediction of nobody but Bum winning 10 games on this staff could be way off.
      I’d be cool with that.

29. blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 3:26 pm

Interesting MLB minor league farm system rankings. Not too surprised about where we are, but was surprised about the Dodgers excellent ranking at number 3. They have an 18-year-old stud phenom named Julio Urias, who appears to be on track to reach the majors well before his 20th birthday . . . Or, at least that’s what this author is saying.

30. zumiee said, on June 11, 2015 at 4:06 pm

It’s just a minor footnote, because the Giants won yesterday, but that was a really big flub by Kelly sending Crawford to thirdbase where he got thrown out trying to extend to a triple. There were none out, and the Giants were up by two runs at the time. Just a real head-scratcher there.

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2015 at 7:04 am

I want to give him time to get comfortable with the position, but really, how long does that take. I have not been impressed with Kelly at 3rd so far. Hope that changes.

31. blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 4:08 pm

I don’t want to hear snarkk saying the Giants are ignoring the outfield. At 1206 (40th round), the GMen selected Roger Edwards, CF, Gulf Coast CC, Bats R.

He’ll undoubtedly be a spittin’ image of Willie Howard Mays.

• xoot said, on June 11, 2015 at 4:16 pm

I saw a bleacher report note or something like that the gave the Giants the lowest grade in the draft because they failed to fill the holes in their minor-league OFs. All the Giants did, the report said, was draft good pitchers and IFs. Hmmmmm. Somehow that doesn’t sound like a bust.

• zumiee said, on June 11, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Maybe there’s something heroically honest about that, from the Giants. Maybe the Giants are saying: “We’re no good at drafting outfielders, so we’re not going to waste high picks on them. We’ll just get outfielders by trade and free agency.”

• blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Xoot, I think the Giants brass have 4 primary criteria for selecting a player: 1. Need; 2. What works at the Phone Park (pitching, pitching, pitching and defense, defense, defense up the middle); 3. college level players, i.e., those who already have somewhat developed skills; and, 4. failing all of the aforementioned – taking the best available player at the selection slot they are at.

The biggest criteria in my mind is where they play . . . Consequently, pitching and defense are very important.

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2015 at 7:06 am

Good points, Blade, and I agree big time. Hey, three world series titles in five years…uh huh…

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2015 at 7:05 am

lqtm… (in reference to snarkk and the OF)…

32. zumiee said, on June 11, 2015 at 4:11 pm

With all the praise of “Delly” going on in the media, there’s also some articles out there calling him a dirty player. I’d forgotten he was involved in the injury to the Atlanta star player. A lot of NBA players don’t like his penchant for rolling into his opponents’ knees.

33. blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Wish I had the video department . . . Stanton just got a 35 foot RBI dribbler that the Sherpas were waiting for it to go foul. It stayed on the line. Hilarious. 🙂

34. Macdog said, on June 11, 2015 at 5:05 pm

I don’t think Granderson has struck out as many times as all the Giants combined this series, but it’s gotta be pretty close.

35. Bozo said, on June 11, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Tough way to lose your no hitter.

36. unca_chuck said, on June 11, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Yeah Zumie there’s s gif I saw on GB where he lunges at draymomd’s knees after they fell down. Hard to say if it was intentional, but he leg locked the hawk guy who was then tossed. Iirc. He’s caused some shit that’s for sure.

37. unca_chuck said, on June 11, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Fb

38. giants54 said, on June 11, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Typical Lincecum shit against opp pitcher . a f- joke.

39. Macdog said, on June 11, 2015 at 6:00 pm

#9 for Craw!

40. Bozo said, on June 11, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Craw

41. Carstie Clausen said, on June 11, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Crowbar Crawford cracks one and its long gone and the RBI total keeps rising as Timmy is off the hook and Petit has something to strive for.

42. Bozo said, on June 11, 2015 at 6:17 pm

I’m over having Arias on, or coming off the bench. He is officially a prove me wrong Giant now.

43. Lurker John said, on June 11, 2015 at 6:24 pm

I think Bochy has a blind spot when it comes to Strickland, or a sizable bromance. The guy has more gas can potential than anyone on the staff outside of Lincecum.

44. Bozo said, on June 11, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Alright Giants, get that run back.

45. Carstie Clausen said, on June 11, 2015 at 6:46 pm

And Maxwell hammers one on the ground. It’s a sharp one. To second for one. To first for the DP. With a brace of them tonight he is on the road to Maxgdp McGDP.

46. Bozo said, on June 11, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Well, that sucked. Long flight tonight.

47. Macdog said, on June 11, 2015 at 7:25 pm

From buzzsaw to buzzkill.

• Bozo said, on June 11, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Yup.

48. pawliekokonuts said, on June 11, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Loo was there. Texted me just after outrunning youngsters to the 7 train. No Buzzsaw. I say, BOY!

49. unca_chuck said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Hey, Kerr listened. A little. He benched Bogut. He only played 3 minutes picked up 3 fouls and sat.

I thought Barnes should have sat but he played OK.

Iggy saved the day. Curry and Thompson still haven’t really played to their level.

Iggy was phenomenal on Bron Bron.

I still think Speights should be in there more. We are getting murdered on the boards.

• Macdog said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Livingston and Lee weren’t too bad either. Of the three ex-Knicks in this series, be thankful the Warriors have the right one.

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2015 at 7:12 am

They were clutch, too. And that (the depth) is what will win this series for the Warriors.

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2015 at 7:11 am

I said earlier today that Iggy needed to be on James and mentioned how he brings good energy. Dude was awesome last night. Huge…

50. James said, on June 11, 2015 at 9:42 pm

The single best thing about a Warriors win at this point would be to fucking crush the moronic “Delly” storyline. Fuck the notion that “hard working” non-talents deserve any recognition or reward at this level of play. As if Curry et al have worked less hard than that ridiculous Mad Max extra.

Hey, I guess I’m getting a little fired up about the Warriors after all 🙂

• willedav said, on June 12, 2015 at 6:52 am

I’ve been thinking about what you said month or two ago, re: Warriors ultimately being done in by a big power inside guy. Nice to see them push back. LeBron often has just as bad a shot selection, and most of his teammates on perimeter (not injured ones) less than consistent.

I’d agree, Delly gets way too much credit for Curry not scoring much. At this level he is best shooter of the best and whether he makes them or misses is more about him than anyone trying to guard him.

• willedav said, on June 12, 2015 at 6:55 am

And hope you got chance to hear some Ornette Coleman yesterday, who passed on.
      Saw him play with his quartet at old Keystone Korner over there on Vallejo back in ’70s.

• Bozo said, on June 12, 2015 at 8:44 am

willie, I pulled out his Beauty is a Rare Thing box set yesterday (the complete Atlantic recordings). Amazing.

I loved Keystone Korner, saw some great stuff there. When I was really broke, I’d just go stand outside and listen, many times the door guy would feel sorry for me and let me stand inside the curtain. What a great place.

51. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2015 at 7:09 am

Yeah I figured Delly wouldn’t see another big night. He’s a terrible shooter who gets by on being a pain in the ass. Losing Bogut made them a lot faster.

52. unca_chuck said, on June 12, 2015 at 7:11 am

Thing is, once they started attacking the basket and not settling for 3s, they started hitting their 3s. As undersized as they play they HAVE to go to the paint.

• ewisco said, on June 12, 2015 at 7:32 am

it was driving me nuts that they would get the ball down low and instead of going to the basket they would kick it out. granted, the guy was wide open but he would promptly clank it. when you’ve got the ball that close to the basket, it may not go in either but at least you have a chance of a foul, which could lead to eventual foul trouble. nice win though. it seems like, once they find their mojo against a team, they don’t look back.

53. willedav said, on June 12, 2015 at 7:43 am

Giants get crack at DBax, who sucked once again in LA and have retaken last from Sherps.
    In fact, by end of month SF plays everyone in division for 12 games, 9 of which at home/3 at Latrine.
    Giants 16-16 vs West, LA 24-16 even Giants have owned them.

Hudson and Lincecum 5 innings-ish vs. same Mets that Heston dominated, and in pitcher friendly yard too. Hope Cain rehab in Sac goes well and can add some innings to SPs efforts and keep pen fresh. Wondering if dumping off a reliever or two and bringing up couple more of the Sac guys might be an improvement.

• chipower9 said, on June 12, 2015 at 8:56 am

If it is not going to be a million-six (100 degrees or more) then I plan to go down and see Cain pitch on Monday.

I get it with Timmy and Hudson not going deep in games, but I just do not see them optioning a current pen guy to Sac and bringing up a young guy. Plus, you get into the whole thing about options, etc. Really, who would you send down?