Salami

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 25, 2015

Another day, another Buster grand slam. He’s hitting just enough of those to make him worthwhile. 🙂

Everyone ready to admit they were wrong about Voggy again?

Anyone? Bueller?

Heston vs Big Game (Regular Season) James.

1. djloo27 said, on June 25, 2015 at 8:40 pm

I have a feeling Petit might be part of a surprise move…
    Last year’s heroics might’ve been a little fluky.

2. zumiee said, on June 25, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Speaking of phantom injuries, no one does it as well as the guys in this sport:

3. James said, on June 25, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Belt 5-45, yet Panik goes 9-46 recently between games 58-69 and there’s absolutely no perception or notice that he’s gone a little cold. The impression that strike 3 leaves always distorts the reality of actual production.

• snarkk said, on June 25, 2015 at 11:25 pm

For some reason, Belt is a lightning rod for the naysayers. He hits a few dingers, and he’s a big guy, so lots of fans think he should be hitting them all the time. They even would put Ishi at first over Belt. That’s just kwazy…

4. zumiee said, on June 26, 2015 at 12:19 am

I think it looks like, to most Giants fans, Panik is maxxing his potential so far, and Belt isn’t. Panik is an All-Star at his position, and Belt isn’t. Maybe Belt is maxxing his talent level for all we know.

• snarkk said, on June 26, 2015 at 12:34 am

At least one of Belt’s two triples in yesterday’s 13-8 win would be a home run in most parks. If he played with the Rangers or Astros or anywhere with an average park’s dimensions, he’d likely have 15 HRs by now and another 10 RBIs. His power is definitely drained at ATT. That’s why if he starts hitting to left center he’ll be in good shape, means his swing is where it needs to be…

5. zumiee said, on June 26, 2015 at 7:37 am

Have a great weekend, Flappers! I’m going camping for a few days, and will be in ‘radio silence.’ 🙂
    Beat the Rockies!!

6. willedav said, on June 26, 2015 at 7:39 am

James is right Panik was in a slump; I remember hearing from Kuip he was 4-20 something on the last road trip and the BA tho still pretty high dropped quite a bit.
    Still surprise to me to see him at top of OPS list for Giants hitters.

Hudson goes on DL, it might only be for 15 day stretch. I think that’s what went into decision to delay adding in Peavy and Cain to give him another start at home. Last time out Hudson shut out LA after the 2 first inning bombs in SF win at the Latrine.
    I still think he knows what he is doing out there more so than Lincecum.

Sherps off the mountain and back to sea level…tho it didn’t seem to bother them last time in town.

7. James said, on June 26, 2015 at 7:40 am

There’s no doubt that Panik is a more valuable player than Belt so far this year, given the positions they play. OTOH, if Belt finishes the year in the 820-840 OPS range, there would be no reason to be disappointed with his performance, no matter how “inconsistent” — the red herring charge my comment was really addressed at — his hitting is. The question of his K rate can be answered with Chi’s aunt with balls conditional: if Belt had a low K rate (and played in Arizona), he’d be Paul Goldschmidt.

BTW, Belt is hitting .306 with an 880 OPS w/ RISP. His relatively modest RBI total is a result of fewer PAs and an inordinate number of runners held at third.

• djloo27 said, on June 26, 2015 at 8:32 am

New stat: INORHAT
      Belt probably is among the league leaders…

8. willedav said, on June 26, 2015 at 8:36 am

Of Giants 19 hits yesterday, Max and Ishi got none while striking out 4 of 5 times up combined.
    Slump or no I’d rather see Belt in LF with Susac C and Posey at 1b.
    Ishi isn’t going to be much help vs. LHP either.

Belt said some funny stuff yesterday about going after Pagan’s triples record and getting his giraffe stride in gear. Seems very likeable guy, not too caught up in ups/downs of being a ml hitter.

Hope these first couple new Sherps SPs I’ve never heard of aren’t too much trouble.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 26, 2015 at 9:15 am

HAHA, yeah. Something like “for most guys those are doubles”. He is pretty funny.

9. willedav said, on June 26, 2015 at 8:57 am

More Belt #s: for his career OPS is at .736 vs. LHP, so this year something of an anomaly. If the options are Max and his .215 avg. vs everyone and Ishi career .595 OPS vs. LHP, I’ll take Belt and like it.
    Also, career OPS at home actually 12 points higher than on road, .803 vs. .791.
    He has 20 more HRs on the road but more doubles/triples/higher OB at home.

Blanco has .800 OPS now and Susac up to .783…hope they keep it rolling.

10. djloo27 said, on June 26, 2015 at 9:30 am

I’m drowning in stats. I miss the simple numbers of the old baseball cards:

• wilcojoe said, on June 26, 2015 at 9:39 am

My six year old started collecting cards recently. They now show WAR, OPS, and WHIP on the back, among others. You need a magnefine glass when trying to read Latroy Hawkins.

• Lurker John said, on June 26, 2015 at 10:18 am

I agree. When you grow up with something it stays with you for life. I think most here at least dabbled in baseball cards as a kid. I know I did.

11. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 26, 2015 at 10:29 am

Mac Williamson bumped up to Sac.

What’s the report on Cain from our man on the scene Lisle?

12. twinfan1 said, on June 26, 2015 at 10:56 am

* Duvall got so depressed about not getting the first crack at Casey’s job that he’s quit being a AAAA or even AAA hitter. now he’s an AA and a half hittter

*Now that Zobrist might be available again, Panik is on borrowed time

*Angel toughed it out for the good of the team? Or did he want “tough dude” added to his resume?

*Have you ever noticed that although kittens are totally adobable they are also totally annoying? Like when 2 of them crawl up your legs and into your boxer shorts.

*It’s time to admit it- Pence is injury prone.

*Hotter than Hades and the swamp cooler and ceiling fan both went out. If I swing on the chandelier it keeps Merna cool but I think it’s cruel of her to ask.

*Pitching tonight and tommow are two guys who have already been demoted . I don’t know about you all, but I’m not totally sanguine about relying on two guys who have been heard to say “why live?”.

* OK, I’ve done better. But not too bad considering that two kittens are playing with my balls.