Kenny Stabler

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 10, 2015

I am a 49er fan but as a kid I loved certain Raider players. I think I liked their names. “Casper”. “Branch”. “Guy.” And of course, “Stabler.” I’m left handed too and I remember fashioning my td throws after him to my buddies in the street outside my house. In hindsight, it’s weird I never became a Raider fan but 2 guys named Montana and Clark probably had something to do with that.

Anyway, I remember watching this play in my living room–probably my first memory of watching a football game at home. “Get yer big butt outta here….” RIP, Snake.

________________________

Giants game tonight. There’s nothing like baseball in terms of a shitty team being able to beat you on any given night. The pitcher has everything to do with that. Cole Hamels v MadBum and I wouldn’t want to have to try to be a hitter in this game……

1. willedav said, on July 11, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Wow Triple O with a loud foul and then a ribbie, highlight reel.

2. alleykat69 said, on July 11, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Guess my fruition came true!
    Way to get that extra run in 000!!

3. unca_chuck said, on July 11, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Nippy’s fine. He’s been posting a lot at my blog for some reason.

Missed all the action here. Did see the last 2 runs tho.

• chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Tell Nipper the DH SUCKS…and tell him to get the coffee brewing.

• snarkk said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Does Nip have a coffeemaker in that van?
        Can a Keurig work off of a battery?…

4. alleykat69 said, on July 11, 2015 at 9:54 pm

OOO showing me something tonight, that was smart baseball to avoid the tag so a run could score..

5. snarkk said, on July 11, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Giants bats waking up, or are the Phills just doormat dogmeat? Pounding on Hamels was a good sign, smokin’ against this POS starter tonight doesn’t mean a helluva lot, but let’s button this win down anyway, and win the series…

• blade3colorado said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Both.

• willedav said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:06 pm

You know man after watching the Phils, it’s really not fair for Giants fans to complain about anything.
      Imagine having to watch these guys for 162.

After LA kicked their ass again I found some stuff on a Philly site, mostly talking about who they could get for Hamels or Pap.
      Some were talking about what positions they need most and one guy quoted J Stark who said something like, hey they are the worst team in baseball, anything is an improvement.

6. chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Lopez is money. He and Kontos have been the only bright spots in the BP of late. Who will close? Romo was up in the pen…

• snarkk said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Chi, if Casilla comes in, you’re going to be chewing fingernails… 😉

• chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:05 pm

No shit. I seriously have NO confidence in the guy right now.

• alleykat69 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:06 pm

He won’t be the only one Snarkk..
        Well looks like it’s gonna be my other nailbiter Romo to start the 9 th

• chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:06 pm

I’m going to grab a drink right now…gotta be primed for the 9th….

• chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Right now it ain’t pretty (closing games) regardless of who comes in…

• snarkk said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Right now, I think I’d rather go with Casilla. Romo’s been throwing frisbees up there…

7. Paul Sorensen said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Sad to see the Phils gone down so far (although good for us this series). Philly fans just can’t fathom how Ruben Amaro (aka “Ruin Tomorrow”) still has a job….

• blade3colorado said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Yeah, no idea how Amaro still has a job. Should have been fired after gifting us Hunter.

• chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Oh hell no. He should have been promoted when he traded Pence away to us! 😉

• alleykat69 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Thinking the same thing Paul.
      With all the bad contracts and dumb trades Amaro has done he should of been tied to the liberty bell and have it ring constantly!

8. snarkk said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:08 pm

I wouldn’t mind another run or two here…

9. chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:21 pm

2010 all over again….Giant’s Baseball…Torture!

10. snarkk said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Romo and his frisbees are very hittable lately. Two doubles? No bueno…

11. willedav said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Romo who I thought could get out of it, just can’t seem to locate vs. LH…either gets pitches up too much and over the plate or not down in the dirt and inside enough.
    Up 4 you shouldn’t have to bring Casilla in there

• snarkk said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:24 pm

Lefties rake Romo…

12. alleykat69 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Yeah you all knew we were going to get a dose of Casilla before the night was over. Just pray it’s not an overdose finish.

13. chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Ballgame!

14. snarkk said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:23 pm

There you go, Chi.
    Casilla gettin’ er done…
    😉

15. chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:24 pm

Definitely want to see more consistency in closing games, but the way shit has been of late, i’ll take a win any damned way they can get it. And I do not care who closes…I just want to see whoever the hell it is get the damned job done.

• snarkk said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:27 pm

This was a really nice win. Coming back from a 4-1 deficit or whatever it was. Not EZ, even if the oppo is crap. I really do think Pagan is a key to the second half. If he can get healthy, whatever the hell is wrong with him (knee, back, ?) gets better, if he gets hot I think this team could have a decent run at the WC spots…

• chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:29 pm

I agree. When he is on, he provides a huge charge to the team.

16. willedav said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:26 pm

And Zum brings home a winner!

17. snarkk said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:29 pm

AND, the Brew Crew foamed the Doghairs 7-1. A good night all around…

18. chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:31 pm

And it is BenHur against Babs tomorrow. How Sweep it Would Be…

19. chipower9 said, on July 11, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Duvall with three Jacks in Sac tonight.

20. Carstie Clausen said, on July 11, 2015 at 11:42 pm

Okay, so it was a vultured 1/3 inning win. Osich won his first MLB game tonight. So he’s currently 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA and a 0.50 WHIP. Not too shabby for a recent double A callup. He had 19 saves at Richmond before the short-term posting to Sactown ~ then to The Show.

More magic in the pen is something the team needs mucho con mucho right about now. He keeps climbing those training-wheel rungs. A few more clean appearances and he may cop a steady gig in the latter innings. That might calm the nerves of a few Flappers.