And on the 7th Day, They Played Baseball……

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 2, 2015

Last night was fun. What a game. But there was one thing that consistently irritated me from beginning to win….

all those Giants fans. Doesn’t it kinda bug a little bit? Who are all these posers wearing Giants gear? And it’s not just Texas, it’s everywhere. There’s something wrong with so many new fans wearing the same gear that I earned all those years they were either not born yet or too busy to notice the Giants while they were wearing all their Green Bay Packer jerseys.

I hang with real fans, not the ones who spend their time scouring the internet for cutesy, sparkled SF Flags or foam ring hats or any of that other stupid shit……

____________________

PK noted this last night:

pawliekokonuts said, on August 1, 2015 at 10:06 pm (Edit)

none of the announcers said a thing, but I thought Panik was limping a bit (hamstring type limp) after one of those Tex-Mex leaguers near the end; he seemed to say something to Crawdad……maybe just my search-for-the-doom existential gloomy disposition…anyway, Kierkegaard can give him an existential rubdown in the locker room

________

Kokonuts was absolutely right and in fact, when he ran out to try to catch that quail hit by (Fielder?) it was clear that he kept running past the play because he couldn’t stop. That is a classic sign of someone dealing with a back problem and I think it’s a lot worse than he’s letting on….

__________________________

I’ll let Loo introduce YOUR SF Giants starter for today. As usual, pure gold……

djloo27 said, on August 1, 2015 at 9:25 pm (Edit)

Looking forward to the debut of the shoplifting, kid hating, beady-eyed weasel tomorrow…

1. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2015 at 8:17 am

Per Flavor’s suggestion . . .

Here’s the deal on MOST politicians – they mostly lie; they mostly are interested in increasing their net worth (see Clintons); and, the separation of how much they are bought and paid for by lobbyists is insignificant insofar the labels, Democrat and Republican are concerned. One of the worst mistakes I ever made was working on Obama’s 1st Presidential campaign. That being said, I will take the Democrat candidate 9 times out of 10 going forward.

I wish Warren would run and if I determine that Sanders has a half decent chance of winning, whereby I don’t waste my vote – I’ll likely vote for him.

By the by, liberals in particular should see much to like in Nixon’s accomplishments. He recognized the People’s Republic of China, created the Environmental Protection Agency, created OSHA to oversee workplace safety and comfort, created the Consumer Product Safety Commission, created Title IX for women’s sports, added the cost-of-living adjustment to Social Security, and expanded food stamps and welfare assistance. He also supported the Equal Rights Amendment, though that failed out among the States.

President Nixon is also the first national leader I am aware of to sign a settlement with indigenous peoples that was made on equal terms. In 1971 he signed the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act into law; this Act constitutes the largest settlement of America’s indigenous peoples’ claims to their ancestral lands to that date, and served as a model and inspiration for land claim settlements by Eskimo and Inuit in Canada and Greenland.

In short, I would take Nixon every day and twice on Sunday versus the imbecilic right wing candidates we have today. 🙂

2. chipower9 said, on August 2, 2015 at 8:17 am

Giddy up, get a series win, and get the fuck outta dodge! Hope your observations on Panik are a swing and miss.

4 in 6. Why not…
    Humm Baby – Let’S Do It Again!

3. sandog said, on August 2, 2015 at 8:38 am

Like I posted the other day and it bums me out…..we’ve become the Red Sox of the NL when it comes to bandwagon fans.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2015 at 8:46 am

Fucking posers…go be a Fucking Dodger fan…

• Bozo said, on August 2, 2015 at 11:22 am

It’s true, to a point. Like Pawlie, I’ve been striking up a conversation with folks wearing the colors for years. Since they won the second WS I started noticing a change. Some of the folks are old timers and others don’t seem to even know what I’m talking about (forget the knowing dude head nod, some of these folks just give you the zombie stare). This year at NOLA Jazz Fest I stopped approaching Giants fans after the first weekend. At the Giants games in DC, I was striking out left and right and was about to give it up (man, I was even wearing a Kruk jersey and that wasn’t helping), but a lady and her son parked next to us and the kid was wearing SF colors so I did the “Go Giants” thing once again and the kid came over and high fived me. The mom told me they had just got in from the Florida series and that her son wanted to travel with the Giants for his summer vacation so that was what they were doing. I don’t know if there was a dad, I don’t know if the kid was sick, all I know is this mom was making her kid’s dream come true and that was pretty cool. Also, I knew right then that the kid would be a Giants fan for life and that makes me sad, because now I’m convinced that the little fucker is a jinx, we lost that whole road trip.

4. sandog said, on August 2, 2015 at 8:45 am

I’ve been giving this MadBum redass thing some thought and it kind of reminds me of a situation I dealt with growing up in Woodland. In Junior High there was a kid named Aubrey Hill (not to be confused with Aubrey Huff). Aubrey was a tough dude. He was one of those real skinny guys, but wiry strong and he knew how to fight. He messed a couple guys up and we all knew not to fuck with him. I got along with Aubrey pretty well as we were both on the basketball team, but for the most part I stayed away from him.
    When I was in school, I was always one of those guys who liked to blurt out comments during class lectures to try to get a laugh out of everyone, sometimes even including the teacher. Usually my comments were related to the subject being discussed and were never insulting to anyone in the class. One day in the halls, Aubrey came up to me and said something like “stop being a smart ass in class.” My first thought was that I was absolutely horrified that I was being seriously confronted by Aubrey Hill. My second thought was that he thought I was being rude or insulting, so I started explaining/arguing how what I was doing was just cracking some harmless jokes—and what’s the big deal with that?? Aubrey wasn’t buying any of it and told me in no uncertain terms to keep my trap shut in class. He walked off and I vented to my friend Tim Hansen something about not getting what Aubrey’s problem was. Hansen basically said to me that Aubrey didn’t like me making jokes in class because I then got a lot of attention from everyone—and that pissed Aubrey off. At that point, I got it—and from that point forward, I kept my freaking mouth shut in any classes I had with Aubrey Hill.
    I think Bum has a little Aubrey Hill in him and doesn’t like dudes drawing attention to themselves under any circumstances out on the ballfield.

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2015 at 8:49 am

Personally, I have no problem with Bum’s attitude. I like the passion, and think he could back it up with just about anyone.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 8:49 am

What a fantastic story, as usual, told my you. You and I were the same guy in class. Thankfully, no Aubrey Hill’s at my school!

5. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2015 at 8:47 am

I didn’t notice anything wrong about Panik, other then his usual 2 hits, clutch 2 out rbi,and 2 runs scored.Onthe other hand I did with the usual sloppy play of Pagan, who easily could of caught Fielder’s short fly ball single with some hustle,which turned into a run they should never of scored ..

• chipower9 said, on August 2, 2015 at 8:52 am

Pagan is hurt and needs to sit his ass down (DL)….

AFTER he appears in his 100th game…

6. willedav said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:09 am

I never cared for guys I coached mouthing off during games, even on sidelines. To me it shows a lack of concentration (worse for kids, sure) but also lets opposition know you can get riled up, which imo is not good and has zero to do with being a “competitor.”
    Funny thing is, you usually encounter a lot more of this (losing their cool) out of guys than gals.
    Playing any kind of pro sport ball at this level is tough enough without making it harder on yourself and team.

Perenially clueless Chron guy Ostler did have interesting ?: when was last time Giants had 5 .300 hitters in LU?

• willedav said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:12 am

Talking here about Panik Duffy Posey Pence Aoki with blanco at .296.

7. sandog said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:14 am

I’ll give you one more Aubrey Hill story before I return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Fast forward a few years to high school. We’re talking late 70’s/early 80’s. On the edge of town in Woodland they had just built a new elementary school called Zamora Elementary. It came with 3 nice full outdoor basketball courts with short rims—I guess they were 9 feet high. I think that is pretty commonplace now, but back then it was something we had never seen before. Of course, the big attraction was that many of us could throw down vicious dunks on those rims. We were over there all the time playing on those courts. Someone would bring a boombox (I clearly remember the first time I head Motley Crue’s “Too Fast For Love” debut cassette was on the courts at Zamora) and we’d run for hours. The high school coaches forbid us from playing at Zamora because they thought it was messing up our shots playing so much on those short rims and that someone was gonna get hurt. Of course, we kept going over there anyway—-the attraction was too strong.
    One time, right in the middle of a game, a car pulled up on the curb and out stepped Aubrey Hill. He didn’t say a word and just aggressively marched right out onto the court in the middle of the game. He didn’t have anyone with him for backup. He confronted this guy Erik and asked why he was talking shit about him. Erik was a big dude himself, but he backtracked and tried to explain his way out of it—much like I had done in Junior High Again, Aubrey didn’t buy it and he punched Erik in the face. Erik’s brother Craig then stepped up and asked what his problem was. Aubrey then popped Craig in the mouth. Not only that, but both times he threw punches, a few coins chimed down onto the court. Aubrey was throwing punches with a fistful of coins for extra power! We all stood in shock as he marched back to his car and drove off.
    Aubrey Hill was a bad ass.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:23 am

what imbecile was talking shit about Aubrey Hill? What type of shit was he talking? What kind of car was Hill driving? I need to know more about Hill and the community in which he ruled…..

• sandog said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:33 am

I honestly don’t think Erik Contreras ever WAS talking shit about Aubrey Hill—it really wasn’t his style. Craig was the Contreras brother known more for running his mouth, but for whatever reason, Aubrey was convinced Erik had been talking crap—-and absolutely no one on the court felt the need to jump in and get involved in what was going down between Aubrey and the Contreras brothers.
        Hilarious you ask about the car. It would make for a much better story if it was a Firebird or some kind of muscle car, but I think it was a Pinto Wagon! Which is funny, cuz I drove a Pinto Wagon in high school. Mine was a 1973 and I paid $1,100 for that sucker. Mine was tan. Aubrey’s was green, with maybe some wood paneling on there.
        I could be way off on the car for Aubrey, but I’m feeling the Pinto wagon, so lets go with it.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:50 am

of COURSE there was wood paneling. Next time we hook up for a beer, the Aubrey Hill stories will flow freely…..

8. Carstie Clausen said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:14 am

Interesting that the Rangers finally got done in by the two too tall Texans. Had a feeling going into the series that Belt’s return to his native state and all that heat would warm him up a bit. His first 2-dinger do of the season could not have come up a better time. Pair of synergistic combos in this lineup: Panik + Duffy and Pence + Belt. Seems like these duos feed off each other. Posey simply is a force all by himself. With last night’s heroics he how has 69 RBI’s and is 3rd on the leader-board. Upping his BA to .328 lands him squarely at 4th in the NL. He is also squarely back into strong consideration in the MVP race.

Got the feeling that the heat which helped the hitters ~ particularly the pair of Texans and the Georgia boy ~ had an opposite effect on the pitchers. Prime example being Heston, who ended up throwing over 90 pitches in less than five full. Seemed like he was walking in molasses. Strickland, on the other hand, was anything but nonplussed. He added his own heat and burned his way through Texas. Dude is fast becoming a weapon.

Now i know that there is a lot of organizational loyalty to team veterans. It seems, though, that Affeldt has mostly lost it. Josh Osich awaits in Sac-town. Another synergy looms ~ a pitching one: Osich + Strickland to match up with Romo + Casilla. I see the switch happening before August runs its full course.

9. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:29 am

Pagan is hurt. If SF had any half assed outfielders in AAA, they’d be up and Pagan would be on the DL where he belongs. That is on management, not Pagan. We’ll probably find out later that Pagan not only has a bone bruise in his knee but cartilage damage, and knee scurvy…

10. John Gibbons said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:45 am

Great win last night . Vogelsong disappointing.

• willedav said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:53 am

Yes, but he did get burned by a couple bloops to start the inning off, plus Belt dropping Craw’s low throw.
      Guy doesn’t look any worse out there than he did as SP, I give him credit.
      Giants got benefit of couple those bloop hits too.

11. Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:49 am

No Panik today. No surprise.

12. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:57 am

We all know Pagan’s hurt and his pride would take a hit( big deal) if he went on the DL, but Bochy shouldn’t let him make the decisions for him..
    Shit we could of gotten Parra,Austin Jackson,any number of decent outfielders at the deadline, for basically nothing but low end prospects..

13. wilcojoe said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:58 am

Yeah, I think I read where Bumgarner is the #1 selling jersey in the country. I think Posey was third and Pence was eight. That really blew me away, considering how little attention the Giants get from the national media despite the 3 in 5. ….Before the world series wins, there was always a pretty good number of Giants fans at the ‘Stros games. Probably second only to Dodger and Cardinals fans. But this year during the interleague games in Houston, that number easily doubled.

14. Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:59 am

Fuck paying to watch Ronda Rousey destroy some chick, I’d pay top dollar to watch Aubrey Hill and Loo’s body guard Buzz Saw fight to the death. But only in their prime. I wouldn’t pay top dollar to watch them fight today. Maybe some kind of discount on Channel 40 but that’s it……

15. Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:01 am

Loo, set the line on a BuzzSaw v Aubrey Hill fight if both were able to duel in their prime. Just their fists and a ring. The ring will be made up of 8 cars from the 70’s owned by Flappers and 2 other cars, each owned by Hill and ‘Saw. I will contribute my ’73 Capri as the first donated car. All 10 cars will be arranged in a square. Fighters cannot use cars or their bumpers as a way to bash their opponents head. No ref. No loose change or coin currency from US or non-US territories allowed. They are required to wear Levi jeans and no shirt. Fight is over when one man concedes or unconsciousness or death occurs…..

16. sandog said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:19 am

Remember the seen in Good Fellas where Henry stalks across the street and pistol whips the dude who had been getting rough with his girl? That was Aubrey Hill coming onto the court at Zamora going after Erik Contreras.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:22 am

I’d ask you to set the line too but that’s really more of a “Loo thing.” Plus he knew Buzzsaw and your description of Hill was so perfect I feel like Loo should be able to define the most accurate line. But let’s see what he comes up with and then go from their. If you think the line is way off, feel free to set your own. All Flappers are welcome to wager…..

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:23 am

was Conteras a pussy? Your answer will be reflected in the line Loo sets.

17. djloo27 said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:24 am

Although, I’m very impressed with Aubrey, it sounds like Buzzsaw might have a good 50 lbs on him and without the coins I’d make Buzzsaw an 8-5 favorite. I think Aubrey might’ve got the coin idea from an old wrestler named Baron Mikel Scicluna.

SanDawg is a phenomenal storyteller…

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:26 am

so 9-5 on Hill? Or 2-1? Once you confirm, let’s see how San Dawg handicaps it and we’ll go from there.

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:33 am

Vegas Money line:

Buzzsaw: (-160)
        A. Hill: (+200)

Buzzsaw never started with anyone but he was a huge bully hater and had a hair-trigger temper.
        He would’ve been extra fired up for this one.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:34 am

oh baby! “extra fired up.” I want some of this action! I need to get started on the time machine right now…..

18. Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:33 am

San Diggity, can you please provide the height and weight of Hill in his prime

19. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:34 am

Buzzsaw vs Aubrey Hill?
    Winner still has to take on Philo Beddoe at the meat plant!!

20. djloo27 said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:39 am

Buzzsaw was about 6’4″ – 260 in 1985 (He was around 27 years old at that time)
    Catch you guys later.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:42 am

Yes. Please return after Diggity has time to respond to the Contreras pussy Q plus Hill’s h/W

• sandog said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:53 am

Hill was maybe 6’1″ 185 in his prime, but comprised of lean, fast-twitch muscle. I’ve only watched a bit of those Ultimate Fighting Championships over the years, but Aubrey was built like some of the dudes I’ve seen do well in those contests. Anyone remember the the bad ass guy who dressed like a doctor? I’m going back to the early 90’s on this one. Aubrey Hill in his prime was that guy.
        I would never call either of the Contreras brothers a pussy. They were both about 6 foot 200 pounds in their prime and good athletes, but not street fighters with a mean streak, like my man A Hill.
        I think if Hill can stick and move and not get close where Buzzsaw can overpower him and wrestle him down, he can make a fight out of this.

21. Carstie Clausen said, on August 2, 2015 at 11:11 am

Speaking of fights i’m waiting the occasion where baseball’s reigning champion NL red-asses go at it. Imagine the steam rising in a confrontation between MadBum and Harper. With that pair we are talking hair-trigger action and no prisoners taken. Imagine the poor ump attempting to get between them.

22. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2015 at 11:21 am

This imaginary talk of fighting, reminded me of a doctor who used Andre the Giant’s legendary booze intake to determine how much anesthesia to give him when he had back surgery.

As with everything involving the gargantuan Frenchman, the myth is indistinguishable from the reality, but the legend of Andre the Giant’s drinking almost overshadows his wrestling triumphs. There are numerous stories of his drinking feats: 119 beers in one sitting, 156 beers in one sitting, a case of wine on a four-hour bus ride, a $40,000 bar tab while filming “The Princess Bride,” an average of 7,000 calories of alcohol intake a day.

When Vince McMahon asked Andre to come back to the WWF as a villain in 1987 to feud with Hulk Hogan and headline WrestleMania III, Andre said that his back was too hurt for him to wrestle. McMahon was determined, though, so he paid for Andre to have surgery and let him rehab at the McMahon family home. Legend has it that the anesthesiologist responsible for putting Andre under had never before had a giant for a patient and had no idea how much anesthesia to give him. He ended up asking how much booze he normally drank and used that as a guide for his dosage. “It usually takes two liters of vodka just to make me feel warm inside,” Andre quipped.

So, my question is this – who would drink who under the table – Buzz Saw or Aubrey Hill?

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 11:24 am

I’m getting one of my patented $7 haircuts. Lemme mull this over and I’ll get back to you.

• willedav said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:27 pm

I get mine done for $12 (so reasonable I leave $5 tip) at this Viet owned place in south bay. 2 gals that cut my hair are big NBA fans and love Warriors. One doesn’t have much English but knows everyone’s number. When I’m talking about some guy she’ll ask her buddy in her language and then come up with the guy’s number. “Yeah, #12.”
        Bogut she doesn’t like, but also dislikes Chris Paul and Clips. Always fun to go there.
        This gal has no smartphone but 4 TVs at her house. Tells me she watches b-ball in kitchen while cooking dinner.

23. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:10 pm

So I’m guessing Aubrey Hill is in prison now? Seems like he was destined to end up there, making a homemade prison knife out of melted Jolly Rogers.

• blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Since Buzz Saw is the “good” guy in this opera and Loo no longer knows where Buzz Saw lives . . . I imagine that Buzz Saw moved his family to Crescent city, where he got a prison guard job at Pelican Bay Federal “SuperMax” prison. This facility is for inmates who were serious management cases at other Federal prisons, prison gang members, and violent maximum security inmates.

Yep, you guessed it – he oversees the Pelican Bay inmate pod where Aubrey Hill was transferred, after he cold cocked the warden at Lompoc Federal prison.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:45 pm

lol. Nice. I’m going to do the tale of the tape with these 2 after the game today….

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:03 pm

I went on a steelhead float trip one day quite a while ago– the guide was a guard at Pelican Bay. Worst of the worst there. Interesting stories– let’s just say the guards there take No S from those inmates…

24. willedav said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Wow, Leake was unlucky Fielder’s ball wasn’t caught, but Beltre crushed that one– anyone else would have scored.

25. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:19 pm

How long is this Pagan crap defense going to go on before Sabean pulls the plug? Can’t win a playoff series with a CFer workin on one wheel…

26. ewisco said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Listening on radio as we come home from Santa Barbara. Pagan sounds like a liability. Fleming complaining about a missed called third strike on Moreland.

27. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Btw, the more ump BS calls behind the plate, the more I would not mind at all automatic balls and strikes with technology. If we’re not supposed to have umps insinuate themselves into the game, then they won’t be missed. Jenkins of the Chron saw a minor league game in Marin umped by a machine, and he said after a while, he didn’t miss the home plate ump whatsoever…

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:45 pm

I am 100% behind robot umpires for balls and strikes.

28. willedav said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Not sure how sustainable it is but I like this guy already.
    Killer breaking ball, works fast and induces ground ball outs, perfect part of Giants D.

29. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:40 pm

A case could be made that Adrianza is the worst-hitting position player in MLB.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:44 pm

seconded.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Thirded. Can’t a Giants infield utility guy actually hit a little , or is it required all glove / no hit? Arias looked like Mike Schmidt compared to this guy …

30. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Nice DB . . . Exactly why Leake was brought here (ground ball rate).

31. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Giants should be raking this chump…

• ewisco said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:54 pm

And yet, perfect through four.

32. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Pagan’s not a lead-off hitter anymore. How long before Bochy accepts that?

33. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Down with snarkk’s suggestion of robots replacing umpires. However, I want the hate factor to continue, so all of them must look like Star Wars C-3PO.

34. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 12:58 pm

My least favorite walk to give up: Giants pitcher goes 3-0, then battles to 3-2, and then walks the guy anyway.

35. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Just the way Leake wrote it. lqtm.

36. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:04 pm

WTF eats that? Wow! I would be embarrassed bringing that back to my seat.

• zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:15 pm

That thing was so stupid. It’s mindboggling what some people eat.

37. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Maxwells due for a dinger– or a DP…

38. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Come on, let’s light this dude up…

39. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Snarkk, in reply to your story above about the Pelican Bay guard you knew . . . I use to visit the DRDC, Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center, the prison where newly convicted inmates are sent for mental and emotional evaluation/testing. This is a 5 week process, where afterwards it is determined if they go to a minimum, medium, or maximum State prison. If the crime was violent, usually they went to a maximum facility regardless . . . However, they might be put in isolation depending on their evaluations at the DRDC. Anywho, after I was certified by the State as a volunteer, I went there for 3 years – where I spoke to inmate groups about spirituality, alcohol and drug abuse. Very interesting characters to say the least. Very few turn their lives around.

40. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:16 pm

This dude’s in trouble every inning today.

• zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:20 pm

He gets it done, though.

41. Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:23 pm

this is reminding me of that game vs Jaime Garcia, another lefty, back in I THINK 2012 where he mowed us down in like 85 pitches. I believe it was also a warm Sunday that day, too…….It was definitely one of the years we won a WS, I remember looking back on that game as the nadir of the Summer.

42. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Nice of the Giants to go out 123 quickly so he barely had time to get out of the sun before going out again…

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:28 pm

He = Leake

43. willedav said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Wow, Pagan is now 4 for his last 29. OB is under .300, 0 HRs, 6 steals. And owed $10 mil next year. Ouch.
    Twin said he was 4th OF…he might be 5th now. Max can at least run and field his position.

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:29 pm

to be clear, Twin was calling him a 4th outfielder the day we traded for him, lol. The Torres for Pagan trade yielded brilliant returns for us. But Twin is right, he has finally turned into a 4th outfielder. For Sacramento…..

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:33 pm

My guess is his knee(s) injury either can’t be fixed without surgery and out for the season, or playing on it won’t make it worse, but a 2 week DL stint won’t be enough to fix it. I don’t understand otherwise why a guy that’s hurt, can’t field well and can’t hit, is playing every day…

44. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Leake is getting Cained today.
    Welcome to the Giants! 🙂

45. Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:32 pm

fucking shop liftin’, kid hatin’, beady eyed weasel!!!!!!!! lol. JK

46. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:36 pm

That dinger pitch IMO was an assist to the Giants batters the inning before not giving Keake much of a blow with their 123 let’s get outta here approach…

47. willedav said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:39 pm

maybe Belt can find everyone some slump busters to take to ATL.

48. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:41 pm

7 innings/63 pitches for Perez.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Giants not interested in long ABs in the heat…

49. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Wow! Dunno about that being a double . . . Looked like an error to me.

50. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Aoki must have heat stroke to play a ball that way…

51. pawliekokonuts said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Bozo, I like your 11:22am. I dunno. I’m kind of delusional, psychotic, and quixotic when it comes to encountering others wearing our colors (no, not Orioles fans or Harley-Davidson riders). I figure ALL Giants fans I encounter are like me (enthusiastic and real). Sometimes though I do get a splash of cold-water reality. But I stubbornly cling to my illusions, sensei Magnus.

• Bozo said, on August 2, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Good on ya, Pawlie. For me, I’ve seen/felt a change with our fans, and by the most part I’m starting to wear down on these “Giant’s Fans”. The kid? I hope I’m wrong, but I’m thinking he’s another jinx along the road of Giants fandom. I know the signs, I’ve been one myself, for years.

52. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Called third strike to Belt, an injustice!

53. pawliekokonuts said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:03 pm

In some ways, if we can manage a win today, it’d be even more stunning than last night. It could happen.

54. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:07 pm

All-Star Pederson is batting 8th for the Dodgers today. His stock has fallen.

55. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:08 pm

I don’t mind bandwagon fans other than they keep the tix prices high. It means the tam is doing well. For way more than half of my Giants
    Fandom, there was no bandwagon, and for good reason…

56. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Typical giants — spit the bit in hitting against some unknown dude who’s has his clock cleaned by other teams, yet they get 4 against Hamels…

57. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Rally caps on! Cy Young has left…

• willedav said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:19 pm

I know it’s hot out there, but imo Tex mgr. doing SF a favor.

58. sandog said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:17 pm

I cut my own hair using electric clippers and have done so for years. I used to just buzz it short and let it go for a couple of months, but now I’ve gotten to the point where I can leave it longer and style it a bit. Used to have Wife One then Wife Two do the back, but now I just go for it myself or have my kids clean it up. I was up visiting my parents a few weeks ago and made the mistake of asking my 90 year old mom to clean up the back a bit. She did fine with that, but then said she wanted to get some of the gray out of my sideburns. I said ok, but please don’t go up above the ear and put a weird-looking bald racing-stripe up there. Next thing you know, she keeps messing with my ear and I repeat my concerns about the bald spot. She gets done and I go look in the mirror….and sure as shit there is a weird-looking bald racing stripe above my right ear.
    It has grown back a bit since then, but on Saturday I’m going to be the officiant for my friend’s daughter’s wedding and I hope I don’t have 140 people wondering where the hell I got my hair cut.

ps This one is getting interesting.

59. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:20 pm

I literally could have done what Diekman did. One batter/ a four-pitch walk.

• snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:23 pm

He’ll I could do better than that, I’d hit the batter on the first pitch,,,

60. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Duffys AB there is an “AB of the year” material…

61. sandog said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:28 pm

You gotta be kidding me….

62. Macdog said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Dammit, soooo close.

63. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Not sending Aoki very debatable, Flannery would have…

64. Bozo said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Damn.

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:33 pm

My exact statement when i saw the final score posted. Handgrenades and horseshoes. At least they did not go down with a mere whimper. Felt Buster would get that single, but was hoping it would be good for two. A bit apprehensive that Pence would GDP. Oh well, Atlanta has been scuffling lately and it should not be quite as sizzling there.

65. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:31 pm

However U slice it, the Giants royally F’d that rally up…

66. Macdog said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:36 pm

I should’ve gone to see American Pharoah.

67. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Marriage of Evil, Latos/Dodgers ahead 2-0.

68. Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 3:16 pm

John Shea ‏@JohnSheaHey 15m15 minutes ago
    Joe Panik said he remains sore, appears pretty frustrated with back issue, first he’s ever had like this, he said. #sfgiants

69. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Those of you not too high on Jim Johnson made a good call. Johnson gives up an HR. The two LAs, 2-2.

70. snarkk said, on August 2, 2015 at 3:40 pm

The more I think about this stop sign on Aoki the more I think it was bogus. Radio says Hamilton had one assist all year so far, one. He was playing deep. Chances are he gets off a non perfect throw. Aoki is pretty fast. Worst case Pence is up with men on 2nd and 3rd w 2 out. It was a conservative call, to be sure…

71. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2015 at 4:15 pm

It wasn’t conservative it was down right blatant,
    Roberto Kelly didn’t send Aoki. Aoki was hitting the bag as Hamilton fielded it and was already throwing up the stop sign.
    I’m sick and tired of his non-aggressive approach, your on the road in the 9 th inning and he’s the tying run? you go for it!!which of course he scores easily on a terrible throw..

72. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Angels tied with the Bums . . . Maybe this day is salvageable.

73. Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Ok, this day sucked. Time for a fight.
    Here are the odds:
    BuzzSaw (-160)
    Aubrey Hill (+200).
    For those of you who missed Gambling 101 in Junior High, that means if you take BuzzSaw you have to bet $160 to win $100. If you take Hill, your $100 scores you a $200 profit.

BuzzSaw was 6’4 260 lbs. He detests bullies and would be “extra fired up” to fell Hill….
    Aubrey Hill was 6’1 185lbs but it was all “fast twitch muscle”. And he was an athlete (I think). At least, he found time to go to outdoor bball courts and pummel athletes. Close enough.

I think I’d take Hill just because I like the action on this fight. Plus, he probably had a reach advantage on ‘Saw not to mention more stamina if the fight lasted longer than 2 minutes. Stay alive for 2 minutes and then start pummeling a weary and wheezing BuzzSaw….

That’s my take. Who you guys got? And why?

74. zumiee said, on August 2, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Angels…..bleh. The Giants handled them well, too.

75. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2015 at 5:46 pm

I’m liking the Buzzsaw!
    1st it just the name Buzzsaw much more a fighters name then Aubrey.
    Have to disagree on the Reach factor Flavor.If the Buzzster is 3 inches taller he would have to have a reach advantage unless he has arms shorter then Chris Borland or that ex d-back player Durago(sp?)
    Endurance edge to Aubrey due to age & weight issues.
    But an old Wiley ” Tank Murdock” ( Every which way but loose)fighter,when his beaten to a pulp,still pulls out the victory, of course from a little help by Philo Beddoe( Clint Eastwood) so the smart money’s on the Buzzsaw….

76. willedav said, on August 2, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Could be Ali-Liston, or Ali-Frazier uno…where he won the decision but almost didn’t live to talk about it.

77. djloo27 said, on August 2, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Very aggravated from this game.

The fight could come down to who lands first. If Buzzsaw connects it’s all over…

78. Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 7:17 pm

one thing I didn’t really factor in was “game face” in the ring. Something tells me this fight could be won or lost as soon as they went toe to toe at the weigh in.

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Buzzsaw almost always had a psycho grin.
      Like Son of Sam…

• Flavor said, on August 2, 2015 at 8:14 pm

see, that goes a long way with me. I might have to change my bet.

79. twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:20 pm

The game- didn’t bother me a bit. Even Aoki’s misplay was just high comedy. Have to admit that when Pence hit the grounder I was absolutely sure that he’d beat it out. Leake was as advertised – doesn’t miss a lot of bats but he’s a competitor- he’ll give us at least 4 solid starters. Sabes could add to his deadline brilliance, following up Peavy with Leake. This is going to be fun..

• djloo27 said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:24 pm

I think some kind of waiver deal is needed. Gotta upgrade over Adrianza at the very least.

• alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Dose of Kevin Frandsen coming?

• twinfan1 said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Frandsen is pretty much a butcher in the field. Everth Cabrera is probably the most likely call up, IMO.

• Macdog said, on August 2, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Hey Loo, thought you might like this: http://tinyurl.com/ok97tcs

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 3, 2015 at 3:14 pm

good ppiece, Mac; I sent it to my brother, who is in radio