The Difference Between Winning and Winning

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 16, 2015

I follow Bryce Harper on Twitter and a lot of his off season tweets are about *greatness* and the what it takes to dedicate yourself to greatness. It’s got a *Tony Robbins* tint to it. Colin Kaepernick tweets the same kind of stuff. Neither one of them seem to understand that their goal of achieving *greatness* has everything to do with themselves and nothing to do with the team. That’s one of the reasons I love guys like Pence and Buster. They understand that real goals in sports are team goals. Team wins. Championships.

I don’t like Harper or any other Nat. I don’t think Matt Williams deserved that MOY award. I laughed quietly to myself watching McCatty get thrown out of the game last night. Can you imagine Dave Righetti getting thrown out of a game on a visit to the mound?

The Nats are a joke and I am enjoying these games where the question isn’t are we going to beat them it’s by how much……

1. Paul Sorensen said, on August 16, 2015 at 7:39 am

Is it poor blog ettiquette to repost something from the previous thread, somewhat akin to if a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it, blah blah blah…? If so, I won’t do that anymore. For now, this is from my earlier today, your yesterday, because, well, why not.

* Exhibit #1 of why the games are played on the field, not on paper: Strasburg, Scherzer, and Gio. Giants 3 wins, Nats 0.

* Tomlinson: As others have said, could someone please explain why Adrianza is even on this team, nevermind still getting starts.

* Duffy: Pulling away from a somewhat crowded field of possible team MVPs for this fun season.

Sweep would be sweet. F-ck the Nats and the plane they flew in on.

2. willedav said, on August 16, 2015 at 8:12 am

Another weird move by Williams last night, bringing in Storen who up til a month ago had been his closer, in to mop up in the 8th of at that time 10-5 game. He winds up throwing 25 pitches and giving up a couple runs, and gets a visit from Williams in the middle of it. If I heard Kruk right there was no one warming up for Nats in pen, so I guess the message was “you got yourself into this mess…” Hella way to treat your ace set up guy.

Contrast that with how Bochy has given everyone some work but most of them have only been in one game of series and are well rested for today. Seldom used Petit got 2 innings/ 25 pitches and only gave up the one hit and run on HR by Espinosa.

3. Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 8:38 am

One of the weirdest moments for me in last night’s game was when Harper injured himself at the plate and it seemed to take an inordinate amount of time for the Nats trainer or someone, anyone, to get out there and check on him. I think it was Baggerly who said something to the effect it was a sign of the disarray that the Nats are in.

Harper is so young and he has so much attention on him it is no small wonder he is losing his sense of perspective. If he was a musician or painter or poet we could probably count on him self destructing by the time he is 27.

The Nats, with their “where’s my ring” attitude straight out of Spring training, the constant focus on them, their pile of injuries and resulting accumulated pressures has created a kind of ‘mad house’ situation in the club house. We, on the other hand, with our consistent ‘below the radar’ status have had it much easier. Our one superstar – a seemingly reluctant one, at that – gets to quietly go about his business of realizing the collective goal of another championship season.

Not sure what today’s game holds in store for us. If it keeps to form of the last three it should defy logic. Yet, (applying my favorite Cecil Taylor quotation) “logic is the lowest form of magic.”

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 16, 2015 at 9:55 am

I love that quote. Who is Cecil Taylor?

• Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 10:14 am

One of the Mount Rushmores of Jazz … was the first of a segment of jazz musicians that, through rigorous ‘classical’ training, brought to jazz pianism a level of technical proficiency that rivaled even the most revered concert pianists of the classical idiom. Yet, he always proclaimed the unique and singular merits of the community from which jazz originated. He was very controversial: many prominent critics and musicians alike, made a concerted effort to keep him and his accomplishments in the shadows. In other words, he kicked it up to a whole other level where few could follow and most feared to tread.

• Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 10:18 am

One of the Mount Rushmoresnof jazz.

• Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 10:20 am

Sorry about the double bubble … weird … I posted but i could not see it … the suddenly, there it was …?

• Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 10:25 am

Oh, and btw, CT is still alive .. he turned 86 this year.

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 16, 2015 at 11:24 am

danke

4. Macdog said, on August 16, 2015 at 8:38 am

Perhaps there was an example of this last night. I was listening to the radio feed when Harper hit the foul off his ankle, and both Miller and Flemming couldn’t believe that the Nats trainer didn’t immediately check on Harper, who they said was in obvious pain right from the start. This might be a reach, but are the me-first Nats so dysfunctional a team that even an injury to their superstar player doesn’t spur them to action? Anyway, this is some sweet payback for that DC sweep in early July.

5. zumiee said, on August 16, 2015 at 9:13 am

Zimmerman made an error and the broadcast showed Williams doing an intense slow burn. He sets the tone for how tight and stressed that team is.

• Lurker John said, on August 16, 2015 at 9:52 am

Really makes you appreciate Boch even more, eh?

6. alleykat69 said, on August 16, 2015 at 9:40 am

Matt Williams is a total goof ball that has no concept when it comes to managing a baseball team Imo..
    The game that Cain pitched is a perfect example,Cain’s wild, walks Taylor on 4 pitches(a guy that never walks I might add) who promptly steals second ,with no outs in scoring position and then he has Espinoza with 2 balls no strikes, have him sac bunt, that’s just stupidity on so many levels..
    Then his handling of the BP another joke.You have a pretty good closer in Storen and you tell him, sorry chump your gonna be our 8th inning guy now cause we just got Paplebon to take your job, deal with it!!
    Just shocked Williams still has his job, the way this team has face planted, and the killer is their is plenty of talent on the Nats, just the wrong man at the helm…

7. alleykat69 said, on August 16, 2015 at 9:49 am

Speaking of that Bryce Harper foul ball off his back leg and Kruk&Kuip babbled about never seen or heard of that happening before?
    Well it happened to Matt Williams back in 95? And he broke his ankle, can’t believe they didn’t remember that, though that’s a lot of beer& wines ago🍻🍷

• Lurker John said, on August 16, 2015 at 9:54 am

Right off the old ankle bone. Loved every second of it.

8. unca_chuck said, on August 16, 2015 at 9:56 am

It was Williams front (left) foot IIRC.

9. pawliekokonuts said, on August 16, 2015 at 9:58 am

I lament that we have gained no ground, though of course by winning we have not lost ground to the Dodgers, Cubs, or Bucs either. Winning is good. Keep winning — and the rest gets sorted out.

• Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 10:21 am

Hi Pawlie .. ICYMI, I responded to your question above.

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 16, 2015 at 11:25 am

yes, thanks

10. ewisco said, on August 16, 2015 at 10:26 am

pence needs a day off.

• willedav said, on August 16, 2015 at 10:36 am

that last swing pretty outrageous.

11. sandog said, on August 16, 2015 at 10:39 am

Hard for me to join in the Matt Williams bashing. I really really liked the guy as a player on the Giants and have always thought he handled himself well. Granted, I don’t watch a lot of games and never watch any games not involving the Giants, so maybe he has turned into a bit of a jerk without me getting a chance to see it.
    Flav—it does seem to me though that for some reason you have it in for the guy and love to bash him whenever humanly possible. I seem to remember you wanted his ass fired and for him to return his MOY trophy after they started out 0-3 this year.
    I also was listening when Harper got hurt and noted how amazed Flemming and Miller were at the lack of concern from the Nats bench. I agree that indicates a bad vibe in the Nats clubhouse.
    I have always liked Harper and thought it took balls for him to drop out of high school like he did betting on his talent to carry him through—which it obviously has. For me, the Nats are far and away my favorite of the teams that are a threat to the Giants. I’d much rather see them get it done that LA or St Louis, that’s for sure.

• chipower9 said, on August 17, 2015 at 8:29 am

If the Giants do not make it to the dance, I would rather see the Bucs, or Cubs represent the Sr. Circuit. I cannot stand the Nats and there isn’t a player on the team that I like (I admire Harper for his talent, but think he is a hot dog).

12. Carstie Clausen said, on August 16, 2015 at 11:13 am

How potent is the Giants’ offense? Here are some basic stats: Their .271 Batting Average leads MLB: In Runs scored they are 3rd in the NL with 511 (the number of HR’s by Mel Ott): #1 in the NL in hits with 1,087: In HR’s they have 101, good for only 10th place in the league. Interestingly, though, while the Dog-Hairs boast nearly half again as many dingers, they trail SF in runs scored (that Conga Line): Doubles, first in the National League in devastating doubles with 209. Why are doubles devastating? Doubles usually mean rallies: #3 in the NL with 29 triples: Also third in the league with a .414 slugging percentage: In OBP they are second to the LaBumbos at a strong .328.

What the Giants project is an extremely well-balanced offense which can strike at you from any spot in the lineup, as per Tomlinson’s double and triple from the 7 hole and Hector, batting 8th, initiating the big inning by drawing a walk, followed by Peavy’s free pass ~ and then the fun began.

13. sandog said, on August 16, 2015 at 11:27 am

Just took a long look at the standings for the first time in a while. Amazing to see that every team in the American League is at least within 10 games of the Wild Card. NL? Not so much.
    The Wild Card has been the best development in baseball in the last 50 years…..and I might be understating that a bit.

• wilcojoe said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Absolutely right. Say what you will about Bud Selig, but his addition of the Wild card may have saved the game of baseball. Just take a look at where the game was after the strike of ’94. If not for the addition of the wild card and to a lesser extent the advent of steroids (and the powers that be looking the other way) you could argue that Pac Bell never would have been built, in addition to every other new stadium, and a handful of teams may have been extracted all together.

14. willedav said, on August 16, 2015 at 11:51 am

Kind of hard to explain Nats, but they just seem to underperform when they need to, which imo speaks of lack of leadership, from mgmt. to players. Choking away the playoffs to Giants when they had home advantage was monumental fail, and as LE mentioned their whole “where’s my ring?” attitude just seems entitled. When they actually have to play the game, they come up short and less than advertised. Mets are running away from them.

In short, they aren’t who we thought they were.

• Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 11:58 am

Hey, speaking of “where’s my Ring?” … Where’s ‘my’ today’s staring lineup, heh Chi? …

I must be getting spoiled around here … will need to go dig it up somewhere else, I guess …

• djloo27 said, on August 16, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Blanco
        Duffy
        Belt
        Posey
        Pence
        Crawford
        Maxwell
        Tomlinson
        Bumgarner

• willedav said, on August 16, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Chi is supposed to be at the game, and I think has a long road trip to do so.
        This is the Marichal giveaway etc. day…will any of this be broadcast? Right now csn has some cooking show.

Btw, Bill Evans would have been 86 today. Best ever version of “Green Dolphin Street” with Miles etc…his intro so great. Also same with Cannonball’s version of “Waltz for Debby”.

• chipower9 said, on August 17, 2015 at 8:32 am

I was at the game yesterday, Lisle. Thought about you guys here on the Flap, but just too much a pain to post while soaking in the ballgame, plus my daughter and I met up with a cousin I have not seen in 10-15 years…so there was a lot of catching-up to do between pitches. Oh, and I love that quote by Cecil Taylor (I had no idea who he is either, but love the quote).

15. zumiee said, on August 16, 2015 at 12:15 pm

I vaguely remember some kind of red-a## confrontation between Williams and Dusty Baker in 2001. The D-Backs were on their way to winning a World Series in their 4th year of existence, and I remember Williams being the one that came off worse in that exchange. But later, I didn’t like Baker as much, either, so it ended up being a wash, to me. 🙂

16. James said, on August 16, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Ok, after seeing the Cecil Taylor exchange, it occurred to me, doh, that “Lisle Ellis” just might *not* be another blog pseudonym:

I am digging the Ornette songbook right now.

• Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 1:15 pm

@ willedav: Bill Evans … The Vanguard Sessions is probably my desert island recording … if I could only take one, that would be it.

@ James: yep, dats me … at your service sir!

Apologies to all for my lack of anonymity here. After being a longtime avid follower of Flap Nation, I decided to join in and I couldn’t figure out how to do it initially … seemed the only option was to sign in with FB since I don’t have accounts with the other two media sites. I ignorantly thought that during the process I would be given the option to create a user name for this blog … nope, that didn’t happen.

I really do need to get a cool moniker … I’ve looked at word press and anything ive come up with so far is already taken … I’m lazy too … er, that should be, ‘too lazy’.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 16, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Right on, LE. ever catch any of this guy’s work? I took bass lessons from him as a kid.

• Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:20 pm

@ dirt: Cannot say I know of this persons work but he certainly looks like a fascinating musician … I will have to search him out … thanks for the link!

• xoot said, on August 16, 2015 at 5:59 pm

I came across the review of an @LE performance from the the late 90s. A double-bass case (flexible nylon, I guess) arced across the stage, caterpillar-wise, and stopped. Lisle emerged, pulled down his bass, which was suspended by wires in the air above the planks. He began to play. The entire ensemble filled in, percussion, horns, etc., dancers joined, things just built from there. The reviewer was very impressed. I thought, damn I wish I’d seen that.

17. Flavor said, on August 16, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Diggity— I only really recall bashing Williams when the Giants play the Nats. But now that you mention it, maybe I have been doing it other times too (like when Harper and Williams got kicked out of the game together). I haven’t liked Williams ever since he went to AZ and got all red-ass on the Giants during a dust up between players. Even when he played for us I was never that big of a fan.

• sandog said, on August 16, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Got it–thanks.

18. sandog said, on August 16, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Just saw the highlight of the Desmond bomb. My goodness he launched that.
    Even you staunchest of Bryce Harper haters have to admit his reaction to the homer was awesome.

19. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 16, 2015 at 1:11 pm

2 batters in and Bumgarner is going full Red ASS.

20. Macdog said, on August 16, 2015 at 1:16 pm

3 Ks, 1 Matt Williams semi-beef, good start.

21. James said, on August 16, 2015 at 1:30 pm

The pattern of at least half of all called strikes against Belt on pitches that are objectively inches off the outside corner continues. And that one at the very top of what would be the strike zone, a pitch he is really unlikely to hit.

22. Macdog said, on August 16, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Great tag-up by Blanco and scores easily on Belt double.

23. Macdog said, on August 16, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Pence well over the fence!

24. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 16, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Posey out of sorts at the plate today. Can’t remember seeing him broken down like that.

25. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Bumgarner Bombs Away.

26. Macdog said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:01 pm

The MadBomber strikes again!

27. Macdog said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Jeez, Greinke also has a HR today.

28. Macdog said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:25 pm

SWEEEEEEEEEP D.C.!

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 16, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Broomhilda sighting. She’s not riding off over the Pacific and into the sunset, but eastwards towards meet me in Saint Looey, Louie and looking to shuffle her some Cards.

29. eddacker said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:25 pm

It might get tougher later but right now the magic is sweet and its name is mad.

This team continues to chase the doggers.

Go Gigantes.

30. willedav said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Nicely done, Harper a non factor.

31. zumiee said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Good ol’ fashioned quick NL game.

32. Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Wow, what game! What a win! … pinch me please, I must be dreaming!

33. Flavor said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Put a fork in ’em, Nats are done. Harper can start pumping himself up again with inspiring *greatness* quotes….for 2016.

34. xoot said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Everyone else is dragging into the dog day while MadBum is just hitting his stride. What a week!

35. Macdog said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:31 pm

What a gem by MadBum, and with Marichal and Seaver in the house.

I think they’re already signing “Hail to the Redskins” back in Washington.

36. Flavor said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:35 pm

A tale of 2 players:
    Player A is paid 100+ million to hit. This year he’s hitting .184 with 3 home runs in 163 at bats.

Player B is paid to pitch. This year, he’s hitting .220 with 4 home runs in 53 at bats……

Werth v Bum. No contest at the plate.

37. Lurker John said, on August 16, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Madison esta caliente. Wow. Fewer than 1.5 walks per 9 IP, 6 K’s for every BB allowed, 21 fewer hits than IP, 14-6 2.98 ERA, stupid good 1.03 WHIP. This dude is smack dab in the middle of the prime of his career. Figures to have 9-10 more starts and a good shot at 20 wins, not that matters all that much, but it’s a nice benchmark even today.

Laying a 4-gamer on the Nats feels really good because I get a bad taste in my mouth when I think about them. Dominant offense this weekend and overall solid pitching.

GO GIANTS!

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 16, 2015 at 5:39 pm

That four-Zip series partially atones for the equivalent massacre at Wrigley. Chew on it for awhile, Cubbies fans, because SF will be lurking in ambush when you guys show up at McCovery Cove in just a few series down the road.

38. djloo27 said, on August 16, 2015 at 4:33 pm

At least the Cubs finally lost today. They’re usually good for an epic collapse.

• zumiee said, on August 16, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Yeah, I still think there’s a decent chance that is the Giants’ path to the playoffs this season.

39. djloo27 said, on August 16, 2015 at 4:38 pm

Bochy won’t commit to keeping Giants P Matt Cain in rotation

by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com

Sat, 15 Aug 2015 8:47 PM ET

Bruce Bochy did not give failing Giants starter Matt Cain a vote of confidence when asked Saturday after his immediate future as part of the rotation, per the Bay Area News Group.

His spot will soon be jeopardized by the return of Mike Leake and Tim Hudson from the disabled list, as well as the work of young reliever Josh Osich, who would be difficult to demote with an 0.84 ERA in 12 appearances.

Cain is 0-2 with an 8.24 ERA over his last four starts and owns a 6.05 ERA on the year.

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 16, 2015 at 5:37 pm

A full winter of R & R may do wonders for Matt the Horse.

• wilcojoe said, on August 16, 2015 at 6:12 pm

That almost makes it sound like his spot on the roster, let alone the rotation, may be in jeopardy. Worst case they come up with another phantom injury, put him on the DL, and then bring him off when the rosters expand in a couple weeks.

• chipower9 said, on August 17, 2015 at 8:42 am

I think the Giants should cook up some kind of malady for Cain (hell, the coin he is making, he can take one for the team not unlike Hudson did earlier this month). He goes on the DL until rosters expand, and Vogey (Hudson) take his spot in the rotation.

40. Carstie Clausen said, on August 16, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Perfect timing, or what? Bumgarner pops it into overdrive today. Complete game shutouts are rare in this day and age, in fact Bum’s 3 ties him with Scherzer of all losers, for the NL lead in both categories. Those 14 k’s to match his now co-league-leading 14 victories also elevate his stat status to more closely match his reputation as the #1 Big Game pitcher in MLB.

• alleykat69 said, on August 16, 2015 at 6:20 pm

And why does “Big Game James” have that stupid nickname over ” Any Game Madison”?
      Nobody’s more dominate when you need the W then Madison!!
      Hell the other team players are scared shitless when he’s totally on his game , they know they have no chance against him..

41. wilcojoe said, on August 16, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Really surprised the Giants have been able to get away with the whole “phantom injury” thing for this long. I am not sure if other teams are doing this as much. I can tell you the Astros have just optioned many of their guys down to the minors this year when they are in a similar pinch. Which is dumb because you only get so many options. Not sure why they don’t follow the Giants lead on this.

42. willedav said, on August 16, 2015 at 6:29 pm

According to Baggs, Leake will be activated and pitch Tuesday, but Wed. SP is “TBA.”
    Not sure about Susac maybe getting couple more rehab games, but likely no Panik on road trip.

• willedav said, on August 16, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Also said Aoki seems fine and should be ready in Pit Thurs.

So…after SF has everyone back, what would you do with LU?

• chipower9 said, on August 17, 2015 at 8:46 am

Aoki LF
        Blanco CF
        Duffy 3B
        Posey C
        Pence RF
        Belt 1B
        Craw SS
        Tomlinson 2B
        P

43. wilcojoe said, on August 16, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Read where Panik is going to see a back specialist. That can’t be good. I think it’s very likely we have seen the last of him this year. May be why they haven’t pulled the trigger on Utley. Probably waiting to see what the specilast says.

• chipower9 said, on August 17, 2015 at 8:48 am

I think the lack of movement on an Utley trade is more in Utley’s court. Giants-Phils have already exchanged names to be involved. My understanding is Utley wants playing time (potentially to start). Giants cannot guarantee that if/when Panik returns.

44. zumiee said, on August 16, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Like the sacrifice rituals of the ancient Aztecs, the baseball gods demand that, after the Giants win a World Series, each time they must sacrifice a secondbaseman.

• wilcojoe said, on August 16, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Ha! Very true.

• alleykat69 said, on August 16, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Couldn’t the Baseball gods settle for a double sacrifice of Dan Uggla& Casey McGehee?

• djloo27 said, on August 16, 2015 at 8:11 pm

lulz!

45. Lisle Ellis said, on August 16, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Anybody else notice that once we got Pagan outta the LU the offense suddenly became very, very fluid? It seemed like a blocked artery was finally opened up … I got nothing but good feelings for the contribution Pagan has made over the years but seems like he really did need to step aside this time. I hope he gets healthy but in the meantime we go with Blanco, Aoki & Pence. Damn I wish Maxwell could learn how to hit! He such a good defensive OF. I say we forget about Utley and go with Clark Kent … who knows, maybe another diamond in the rough like Duffman?

I suppose, looking at how consistent our inconsistency has been this year it should now be easy to project how this next road trip will pan out … hmm, lemme see … we just had a pretty sweet home stand, and just about everybody, up and down the LU, was raking at one point or another … other than Bum, starting pitching struggled and couldn’t go deep but the BP was quite good. Therefore, I guess we’ve seen the end of any substantial offensive production for awhile and the SP will astound but the BP will tank.

Do you think 3 – 4 may be asking too much?

46. Flavor said, on August 17, 2015 at 7:02 am

“Shoptalk with Daniel” will continue on, we are sharing questions this morning, will post his answers later today in a new post.

• willedav said, on August 17, 2015 at 7:29 am

Way cool. Wonder if Cards fans opinion of Matheny has changed this year? Would they try and sign Heyward to long term deal or still wish they had kept Miller?

• Cardinal70 said, on August 17, 2015 at 7:45 am

I can tackle those two right now.

1) I think folks are getting a little more accustomed to Matheny, though he still has a fair share of detractors. Personally, I think he’s grown as a manager over the last year. He doesn’t seem to rely consistently on the same relievers, he’s not bunting nearly as much, etc. He still has his flaws, but the idea when he was hired was that he would be able to manage the guys as people and learn the tactics and I think it’s coming to fruition.

2) The intent all along has been to resign Heyward, though they are taking a fairly hands-off approach to it, allowing him to be comfortable in St. Louis and to focus on the pennant race. If they could get a huge lead and clinch early, they might get him locked down before free agency, but that seems unlikely. My feeling is that Heyward probably will be a Cardinal next year, but it may take signing him off the open market. They have a new TV contract that will start in 2018 and bring in a billion dollars over the span of it, so they will be able to afford him.

As for Miller, I think I speak for most when I say that I’m glad that he’s having such success in Atlanta and we kinda thought he would. However, if Adam Wainwright was miraculously ready to go today, I don’t know who we would bump out of the rotation for him. The Cardinals had quality pitching depth which is why they could deal Miller and, as great as he’s been, I don’t think anyone would undo that trade if they could.

I’ll check back later today once Craig gets the “Shoptalk” post up and answer any other questions y’all might have on there. I appreciate the warm welcome I always get over here and best of luck in this series!

• chipower9 said, on August 17, 2015 at 8:50 am

Awesome. Always appreciate his perspective. I think it is cool that you two have kept this going.

47. unca_chuck said, on August 17, 2015 at 7:58 am

Just had a nice little earthquake here in the east bay.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 17, 2015 at 8:03 am

Yeah, I felt it this morning around 7. Seeing reports of 4.0. Piedmont epicenter.

48. Carstie Clausen said, on August 17, 2015 at 8:30 am

Absolute Must Read. In his weekly roundup Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports virtually gushes in his encomium on Posey. Dude has positively fallen in love. You would think on reading it that it was written by a Bay Area sports maven because it is almost embarrassingly positive in anointing Buster as the greatest thing since…fill in the blank. The article actually headlined Yahoo’s main front news page and not merely relegated to the sports section.

49. Flavor said, on August 17, 2015 at 8:33 am