Win Day

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 21, 2015

Doesn’t it feel like this every day that MudBum goes out there?

Marlon Byrd flies into the starting line up tonight and one less hologram takes the field.

Remember the day Kevin Mitchell arrived? Day after July 4th, he shows up in Chicago and bangs out 2 home runs. Maybe Byrd only hits one tonight but I think we’d all take that.

Did it get any better than the Kevin Mitchell trade for the Giants? At least in terms of in-season deals?

1. wilcojoe said, on August 21, 2015 at 8:21 pm

We just got our first Jersey Mike’s in my burb a couple weeks ago. Their subs are about as good as you will get anywhere in Texas, so obviously that doesn’t say much….As a kid growing up, Luigi’s in Concord across from the BART station was a regular weekend tradition. I still dream about their hot pastrami and Swiss on an onion roll. That and a hot dog and tamale from Caspers. I almost always make it a rule to go to Caspers whenever I am back in the East Bay.

• snarkk said, on August 21, 2015 at 11:55 pm

I had a JMike’s sub a few months ago. Meh. Every so often I get a sando at a Safeway deli counter. For 5.49, I pick what I want, and it gets loaded up with goodies. Pastrami or beef on some rye with all the fixin’s — pretty dang good…

2. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 21, 2015 at 8:23 pm

GH, there’s a Togo’s in Campbell. Prune Yard area.

3. dirtnrocksnomo said, on August 21, 2015 at 8:29 pm

1.5 back in the standings, 2 in the loss column. Donny two trips making uninspiring statements. Are the dodgers hearing Giant footsteps? Perhaps. Meanwhile The Flap debates the finer points of hot, juicy meat.

4. Flavor said, on August 21, 2015 at 8:33 pm

when I was around 10 years old I had a dream that I died. In the dream I wanted to live to 95 but I died exactly halfway there at 47 and a half. I’ve had that dream several times over the course of my life since then, it always trips me out, wakes me up in a cold sweat. Anyway, today is that day. Still kicking. It’s funny how shit can fuck with you.
    I’m out tonight, if the dream somehow comes true in the next 3.5 hours, someone tell the world this story cause I’ve never told anyone this. And what a fucked up way it would be to go out like this as the Flap-declared “master prognosticator”. as always, lqtm and Go Giants…..

• Lisle Ellis said, on August 21, 2015 at 11:04 pm

hmm … it’s going on 11pm and I’m wondering if you are still with us Flav? I sure hope so! Please, don’t split yet! Things are just starting to get really interesting with this Giants season … not that you are necessarily, or, in any way shape or form, maintaining an ‘interest’ in merely ‘interesting’ things at this milestone of aging – 47 years of planetary occupancy – where by ‘curiosity’ supplants the all purpose cop-out of “oh, that’s interesting.” In any case, hitherto, so on and so forth, and as-it-were … HAPPY 47.5 BIRTHDAY!!! … if it is indeed this very last of hour of the advent of your first emergence … and wishing you many more (at least another 47.5)!

• eddacker said, on August 22, 2015 at 5:40 am

First I celebrate your prognostications, then I cringe at your politics and now I love you for trusting us with this dream story. Awesome, dude.
      Keep on keeping on.

5. alleykat69 said, on August 21, 2015 at 8:34 pm

Dodgers payroll…309 mil
    Astros payroll… 79 mil
    Dodgers money still owed to players not on team…89 mil
    Astros still at 79 mil for their whole team..

6. Macdog said, on August 21, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Cespedes 5-for-5, 3 HR, 7 RBI at Coors tonight.

7. willedav said, on August 22, 2015 at 7:18 am

Byrd in Flight one of the better blue note CDs by trumpeter Donald Byrd (w/ bari sax guy Pepper Adams). Good stuff. Nice to see Mr. Marlon get off to good start…those were cool names Alley brought up at 7:35 post.

OK, if Heston does not come back up until Sept. 1, is he ineligible for post season?

Flav might have been right when he said SF buried the Nats too—Scherzer lost to Sherps and Gio got lit up by Brewers last night. Back under .500 and 5 back of Mets.

Dodgers continue to have problems with decent teams. Just hope SF can tcb on under .500 teams in West if LA cleans up on rest of division.

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 22, 2015 at 8:24 am

Heston: Got a funny feeling that if he recovers his mojo with a bit of rest, then the least effective starter will come down with some kinda owwie and Heston will again get the call.

8. Flavor said, on August 22, 2015 at 8:57 am