Huddy

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 9, 2015

So of COURSE Huddy pitches a gem and hits a bomb (4th of his career). Why wouldn’t he? This team plays backwards. Wins when you expect it to lose, lose when you expect it to win. Glad I don’t bet on baseball.

Unfortunately, the Dodgers also get to play bad teams right now and they aren’t missing.

So games like last night are fun and to be enjoyed. And Huddy, that’s your big send off, ok?

I thought it was funny when Angel Hernandez and all the umpires forgot the count. I’m fairly confident that a robot umpire would have gotten that call correct. We are so far past due robot umpire time it’s getting silly.

1. Carstie Clausen said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:16 am

Wonderful swan-song for Hudson. Nice to be able to go out with a blast. This is one of the things which makes baseball wonderful even despite the fact that the Giants are not going to the party come October. Also glad for Panik in his return. We sure could have used him during those 3 one-run losses vs. the Dogs. He alone might have made the difference. But that’s hindsight. Point is, there’s still some baseball to play and if last night was any indication, this team still has not mailed it.

Go Giants!

2. chipower9 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:33 am

I am so happy for Hudson. Everyone was all down saying (and I paraphrase) “WTF is Hudson doing getting a start…let one of the kids throw a game.” Hey, Hudson earned that start last night, IMO. And based on how he looked last night, I say give him another start.

Giants just need to keep plugging. Weirder shit has happened than the possibility of our boys making the dance. As my friend Mike said, I have the white flag mounted on the flag pole, but no way in hell I am running it up the pole until our boys are mathematically eliminated.

Will be interesting to see what we get from Heston today. Without him, we are not even discussing whether or not our Giants are done at this point. Sure hope to see him throw a gem, and maybe the bums will finally lose a fucking game (bastards have won 13 of their last 15).

Panik coming back and contributing is a reminder that this team has a lot of pieces, and has missed many of them for prolonged periods. That all translates to management not needing a ton of pieces to reload in the off-season.

Agree Flav about the forgot count. And naturally Bochy was all over it!

Not sure I am ready for the robots. I would rather see the umpires call the strike zone as it is written in the rule book, AND ENFORCE IT via regular reviews where the umps are fined heavily for not following the rules. I know it will not happen, but that is what I would prefer to see before going to the robots.

I harbor a slim glimmer of hope that our boys can sneak into the post-season. But even if they do not, I would love to see them pick-up four or so games on the bums, so that the four game series (Sept. 28-Oct. 1) has some meaning to it.

• Carstie Clausen said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:28 am

Good points about the umps vs robots, Chi. Why MLB does not crack down on them in order to get them to follow the rulebook religiously is totally beyond me. I mean WHY?

• chipower9 said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:58 am

Yeah Stix, it bugs the hell outta me when I hear an announcer say “this guys has a wide strike zone,” or “this guy has a tight strike zone.” There is ONE strike zone. It is knees to letters and width of the plate. I can live with an ump calling it on the black if he otherwise calls the zone as written in the rule book. And supposedly these guys (umps) get reviewed? If so, by who? And why the fuck are they not held accountable for their butchering of the strike zone? Yeah, the whole thing bugs the hell outta me, and while I am inching closer to buying into the robot thing, I still would like to see them iron this shit out with the umps.

I heard JT Snow interviewed the other day. One of my favorite Giants. But he was talking about how the NL and AL used to have their own umps, and he missed that. Fuck, it was even worse then, IMO, as the NL and AL guys seemed to have their own bastardized versions of the strike zone.

3. unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:40 am

Pagan flashing the count from the dugout was pretty funny. I thought Hernandez would toss him tho.

4. Bozo said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:11 am

The strongest argument for the “robot umpire” is Angel Hernandez.

• chipower9 said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:09 am

I second that….so just shitcan that dumbass already.

5. Macdog said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:26 am

Between Hernandez’s latest screwup and that Mickey Mouse outfit in Anaheim, not a good Angelic night in baseball, although Pagan did go 1-5 and provide a bit of comic relief. Angels are now 0-5 vs. Dodgers, so much for that rivalry.

Nice game for Huddy. I guess the secret was resting him 44 days between starts.

6. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:34 am

“I guess the secret was resting him 44 days between starts.”
    Brilliant.
    That bodes well for Timmy!

• Macdog said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:56 am

Hey PK, have you checked out next year’s sked? Trips to Fenway and Yankee Stadium, both in the same week.

7. chipower9 said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:04 am

I had not looked closely enough at the schedule yesterday. I saw the trip in April to play the Mets, but did not check out the entire schedule, and had not realize our boys were scheduled to play Boston and the YankMees in the same week.

Hell, if I do make it back next year (and this is a trip I have always wanted to make), this is the time to do it, and catch a game at Fenway, and one or two at YankMee stadium. I need to convince Blade or some other left coast Flappers to make this trip with me. An east meets west Flapalooza back there would be awesome.

• ewisco said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:07 am

april seems an eon away but i’m certainly going to look at that.

• Macdog said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:12 am

July 19-20 (Tues-Wed) at Fenway, then a weekend set in the Bronx.

• chipower9 said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:58 am

Yep. Those are the dates I am looking at…would want to catch a game at Fenway, and then maybe a couple in NY, or vice-versa.

• ewisco said, on September 9, 2015 at 11:53 am

july? that could work. hotter than hell though. I’ve lived in ny/nj off and on for about 10 yrs. never really had plans to go back. but a flapalooza could tilt the scales.

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 2:13 pm

What you guys are contemplating is actually a Koko-Mac-A-Flap-A-Looza.
        It’s never been done before.
        Not even your father would dream that such a thing could be possible.

• ewisco said, on September 9, 2015 at 6:13 pm

As long as we don’t cross the streams.

8. Lisle Ellis said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:22 am

Last year, some of you may remember a game in Pittsburgh, where in late innings, Posey slid home and was ruled safe but on review the called was overturned. It turned that what would have been a go ahead run for the
    Giants in the 9th was nullified and Pit scored in their half of the inning for the win.

I came away from that game feeling that if there is a crucial call, a potential game changing call, made in the late innings by an on-field umpire and it is overturned by the video review crew, the umpire who made the initial call should be given the opportunity to view the video and reassess his call in conference with the video guys. It should not be that hard to make that possible with the current technology. Of course, this could lead to issues with how a play is to be defined as a crucial ‘game changer’. Also, it could further slow things down. Yet, it may be worth it in order to get important calls as right as possible.

As for robot umpires, I’m not a big fan of the idea. I like the human element. However, as we humans are flawed creatures, the calls will reflect that. A possible solution regarding strike zone issues is to make it possible, and maybe even mandatory, that between innings umpires spend a few minutes reviewing their current balls & strikes calls by way of the technology available. If they can review their work as they go it could be possible for them to correct themselves and be more consistent.

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 11:14 am

I do remember that game. It may’ve even been the very first game ever decided — and ended — by video review. It felt crummy. A buzzkill. Like we was robbed, even tho’ it was ‘correct.’ And it sure didn’t feel like a RING year at that moment.

9. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 11:12 am

Mac, Chi, Loo, et alia in East: Can’t explain it, but the YS and Fenway thing doesn’t move me. Finnerty’s and Citi seems more doable and appealing. Can’t explain why. Maybe memories of the 7 train.

• chipower9 said, on September 9, 2015 at 12:21 pm

I am not locked into anything. If I decide to do the Met series (Finnerty’s Citi, etc.) it probably shoots me outta the saddle on doing spring training this year (and part of the issue there would be dealing with a grumpy daughter). But there is certainly appeal.

The appeal to July is I can possibly do both spring training and the trip to NY, and a catching a game at Fenway has always been on my list.

More to come, I am sure.

• eddacker said, on September 9, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Hum . . I know I cannot make ST until late in April. (I usually go in March). But July @ Fenway? good, July in NY? meh. I am a baseball fan and a flapper so it sounds great.

10. zumiee said, on September 9, 2015 at 11:14 am

The huge difference the homeplate ump makes was reinforced by Greinke’s last two starts. The ump in the Giants/Dodgers game gave Greinke an extra-wide strikezone in crucial situations, but the ump in his last start wasn’t doing that. Greinke was laboring much more in his last start. He still only gave up three runs, but in a playoff game, three runs is often enough for the win. Heck, in the Giants’ game, the three runs would have been enough for the Giants to win.

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 11:15 am

Good point. Agree, totally.

• zumiee said, on September 9, 2015 at 11:17 am

And in his most recent game, the more legitimate strikezone caused Greinke’s pitchcount to rise faster, and he had to turn over the game to the bullpen sooner than he would have liked

11. zumiee said, on September 9, 2015 at 11:20 am

There’s the theory that the reason the Braves could only win one World Series, in spite of making the playoffs so many times, is because the AL umps wouldn’t give Glavine and Maddux the extra-large strikezone, in the World Series, that they were used to getting from the NL umps, back when there were AL-only and NL-only umps.

• unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Yeah, all those games back in the day were insane with the strike zone they regularly dealt with. Used to piss me off no end.

• unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2015 at 12:44 pm

They were calling shit 6″ wide AND 6″ low. Would love to see some old broadcasts of theirs. Maddux especially.

His games against us seemed like 1 hour affairs where he threw 65 pitches in 9 innings.

• chipower9 said, on September 9, 2015 at 12:25 pm

And that is the point of contention I have with what JT Snow was talking about the other day. He was making his point on NL and AL umps and their differences in how they call a game, and how he missed the leagues having dedicated umps. I think that is all total bullshit (as much as I respect and like JT). There should be only one way to call a damned game. Call the strike zone the way it is written in the current rule book! If not, why even have the damned rules (rhetorical ?)…

12. snarkk said, on September 9, 2015 at 11:24 am

Huddy had a good game, but so what? He’s the past, not future. Let’s find out about our future…

13. unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Well, we’re technically still in it and Bochy is playing it that way.

• chipower9 said, on September 9, 2015 at 12:27 pm

I agree. I would rather see Bochy play it like it is game 7 of a series right now, until the Giants are mathematically eliminated. We can find out about the future after the point of elimination, or in spring training.

14. Irish Kevin said, on September 9, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Hello all, I almost puked up my breakfast listening to Krukow gush over Hudson. I thought for sure he was going to recommend the Giants resign him to another contract. Damn near gave me a heart attack. Now my question is would you all want the Giants to be in the playoffs and get their asses handed to them or not make it at all? Cause I just don’t see this team advancing in the playoffs. Just my opinion. The Giants are pretty banged up, unlike last year where everyone one was healthy.

• unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2015 at 12:41 pm

Can’t win if you aren’t in I always like their chances should they reach the p[layoffs. Shit, they could run Bummie out there every 3 days and hope for the best. Leake looks like he could do good, as well as Heston. 3 decent starters is what you need. Everyone else goes to the pen.

Getting Pence back of course would be huge. The rest of the injured guys are slowly trickling back.

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2015 at 12:42 pm

if they made it in I think they’d have as good as a chance as anyone. Of course I would want them in. They’ve proven 3 world series wins in a row now that they aren’t the best team on paper. But they were the best team on the field when all was said and done.

• chipower9 said, on September 9, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Abso-Fucking-Lutely I would want them in. Even if they get their asses handed to them in a one game wild card (think Pittsburgh’s quandry last year), or swept in a five game series….doesn’t matter. When you get into the dance, anything can happen, and our Three in Five is a testiment to that.

15. gianthead said, on September 9, 2015 at 1:13 pm

I bet within 5 Years we have the robo strike calls

• eddacker said, on September 9, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Umpires do so much more than call balls and strikes. And how any 32 teams would agree with what a strike zone is, other than as written, is beyond me. What we are really talking about is umpire skill to get it close and consistent over the whole game.

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2015 at 2:29 pm

There would still be umpires they just wouldn’t do balls and strikes

16. Irish Kevin said, on September 9, 2015 at 2:28 pm

It is either Robo calling strikes or Strikes Are viewable!! I would love to see an ump get called on the carpet in front of 40k fans!!

17. snarkk said, on September 9, 2015 at 3:01 pm

I wouldn’t miss a home plate ump one bit. Put a hot chick out there with a wireless ear bud connected to robo ump in NY and she can act out the ball and strike call. There, the critical “human element” preserved…

• chipower9 said, on September 10, 2015 at 11:56 am

Make it a scantily clad hot chick, and I am IN! :-p

18. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 5:57 pm

If the Giants somehow some way wiggled into the postseason, I’d put my money on them and be not surprised at any success. That they have proven. But if they even get in this year, wouldn’t this be the TOTAL UNLIKELIEST of all years?! (Hmmm. Sounds familiar. 2010, 2012, 2014.)

19. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 6:24 pm

I don’t know if I’m up for staying up for the game. But I’ve said that before. These past few days of sweltering were brutal. Heat broke today. Online Etymology Dictionary:
    swelter
    c. 1400, “faint with heat,” frequentative of swelten “be faint (especially with heat),” late 14c., from Old English sweltan “to die, perish,” from Proto-Germanic *swiltan- (cognates: Old Saxon sweltan “to die,” Old Norse svelta “to put to death, starve,” Gothic sviltan “to die”), perhaps originally “to burn slowly,” hence “to be overcome with heat or fever,” from PIE root *swel- (2) “to shine, beam” (see Selene). From the same ancient root comes Old English swelan “to burn.” For specialization of words meaning “to die,” compare starve. Related: Sweltered; sweltering.

20. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Bye-bye, Matt Williams.

21. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 6:40 pm

The Mets radio announcers brought up a good point about runners who pop up or slide and leave the bag for a micro-nano second divided by three point five. Apparently tonight David Wright kept tapping his glove on the “offending” runner. For that infinitesimal moment, the runner was off the bag. Runner at third was called out. This happened to Gregor Blanco the other day (sliding into second). Howie Rose said that never got called until video review came in. Now umps watch for it. Runners used to get the benefit of the doubt on that, the Mets announcers said. This is a development I abhor. It strikes me as antithetical to the way the game is played. IDK. Maybe all in all, video review is not so great; it alters the rhythm of the game. Then I think back to the video review in WS2014 game 7, after the Panik Flip. I don’t know.

22. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Too bad the Dodgers’ ‘pen is not as colosssally as bad as the Nats’ pen now.

23. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Arizona’s announcers are the so fuckin’ annoying.
    Goldy, Welly, Salty, there’s no end to it…

• xoot said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Lambkin?

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me…

24. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:31 pm

We have the hardest time with these no-name pitchers. Whothef#ck is this guy?

25. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Met fans have been so beaten down that it’s really gotten comfortable going to Citifield when the Giants are in town. Way too cordial. With all the bandwagon jumpers we seemingly outnumber them. I haven’t heard a word of abuse since sulking out of the infamous Benitez double balk game in 2007. That is very likely going to change after this season. If you’re coming in next year it will be BYOB (Bring Your Own Buzzsaw)…

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:37 pm

gold…put it in the books (PIITB)

26. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:38 pm

I may literally vomit. They just put up a side by side graphic of Luis Gonzalez juice fueled 2001 season next to “Goldy’s” 2015 through the same number of games. Gonzalez who is one of their announcers observes the graphic and attributes his statistical edge to the superior protection he had in the lineup. What a disingenuous piece of shit. He should’ve just kept his fuckin’ mouth shut…

27. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:39 pm

“Salty” goes deep!

• alleykat69 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Thought I heard a Looey in their as well Loo…

28. Flavor said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Salty Dong. The worst kind of Dong, at least as I imagine it

29. alleykat69 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:44 pm

That’s 3,000 to many games for Angel Hernandez..
    Freakin Krukow would honor a turd if it flushes all the way down..

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:46 pm

The Yankees already do…

30. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:49 pm

ESPN textual play by play said Byrd singled, out at first. Hunh????

• xoot said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:02 pm

accidental swinging bunt, great hustle down the line from Byrd forced a bad throw. Safe! But when he saw the ball go wide he didn’t follow it into foul ground and regroup after racing over 1B. He turned toward the IF. Carom back off the wall left him hanging there in between the IF and short RF, waiting to be tagged. His talent seems to outrun his better judgment. (Swinging over the same Kershaw sliders Buster, just before him, fouled off or took.) But I’ve heard him interviewed a few times, and he sounds very bright. Odd guy.

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:13 pm

He has this tattooed on his arm in its entirety:

• xoot said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Teddy Roosevelt spending 300 words to say “don’t quit”? A nice Koi or screaming skull might’ve been a better choice

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Right on cue, AZ TV shows a close up of it…

• xoot said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:45 pm

well the discussion inspired me to take a quick hit of the Clash, I’m Not Down. Can’t tatoo that

31. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Every time I see or hear “Huddy” I think of my old junior high, Andries Hudde in Brooklyn. What a shithole.
    The word around school was that it was named after a horse thief. Clinton actually visited there a few years ago. Somehow he wasn’t knifed…

32. alleykat69 said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:53 pm

So if we have a Robo Umpire does Robo Cop (Peter Weller) get the 1st gig?
    You piss him off with a questionable call and he will blow you away in the batters box!
    Ok I’m for it,make his 1st game against the Dodgers!!!

33. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Sorry. Give me Kelby over Nick “A Detective’s or Bartender’s Name” Noonan. And shit, couldn’t WE have gotten Salty or ANYONE so we would not be stuck with Jackson “Don’t Call Me Jerome” Williams???

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Noonan has absolutely no baseball ability – an actual “no tool” player…

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Well his name isn’t “5toolnan”. He was doomed with his surname.
        How about “Nootoolnan”.

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Or maybe just Nick No one…

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:27 pm

sure, that works. There just has to be a way to turn his name into something with *no tools* in it. This is what this season has turned into. Football can’t come soon enough.

34. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Gawd. We gotta put up with Lefty Hamburgerhelperkidsplay.

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:02 pm

…..you know…..the way German allows one to string nouns together….

35. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:08 pm

WTF? Yanks the guy after 65 pitches and a shutout? Does Hale think they’re in a pennant race?

Reminded me of this:

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:12 pm

they never let him go deep. He hasn’t sniffed a 100 pitches this year, at least the the mlb level. Just another example of the pussification of today’s pitcher. Gaylord would probably throw 65 pitches in the 9th inning of one of his complete games……..
      by the way, I bet you’re the only one who has ever *been reminded* of this Kirby cat. NIce pull. We should give him “Nastu” treatment and call him up

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:21 pm

San Dawg might…

36. Flavor said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Speaking of San Diggity, he’s not going to like this comment, but I am beyond fine with watching the Nationals implode. Again, I don’t like it when anyone wins awards unjustly and I never, ever felt like Matt Williams was anything more than a run-of-the-mill by-the-book guy. MOY? Joke. Someone on ESPN said something last night that was dead on: they commented that Williams never had anyone warming up while or even after Storen started to fuck up. He said it was an example of Williams being unable to think more than one move ahead at a time. I agreed 100% with this ESPN guy who’s name I can’t remember. It might have been Boone, I like him a lot. His batter impersonations are second to probably only Matt Williams.
    Ah, see what I did there? I tie shit together like a goddamn taut-line hitch knot champion…..

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Williams was an excellent player but kind of colorless and a little hard to warm up to. Like a puddle of milk.
      I never thought of him as manager material…

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:45 pm

if I’ve never told you, I always appreciate it when you respond to one of my comments. It’s like Willie McCovey signing an autograph…..

• xoot said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Al Rosen’s public confidence in Williams (radio post-game shows, etc.), even after he had to send Williams back down, got my attention. I watched Matt and liked him as a player; the Babe Ruth HR trot during rain delays helped a bit. The guy was not quite, as Rosen had predicted, a Mike Schmidt-level 3B, but Williams did tip the scales in that direction. And he sure as hell helped Barry Bonds establish himself in the middle of the order in the early 90s. Whether Williams caused the Nationals’ breakdowns lately I can’t say; as manager, he’ll surely take the fall. The decision to trade him for Kent was a stroke of genius.

37. alleykat69 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:32 pm

The good arm Delgado gave up a double to Byrd, would the bad arm Delgado get me out?

38. Macdog said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Blanco must lead the majors in failing to move the runner from 2nd with less than two outs.

39. snarkk said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Why doesn’t Blanco drag bunt for a hit there to move Byrd over?

40. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Guess nap time’s over…

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:44 pm

nap time is never over. He wakes up with an IV of Melatonin pumping into his veins…..

41. Macdog said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:48 pm

That was kinda sweet seeing that cocky Inciarte get nailed at third.

42. alleykat69 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Real nice quick release by Williams to nail a dumbshit runner at 3rd..

• xoot said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:01 pm

great throw. wtf knew this guy would leap over Quiroz?

43. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:51 pm

My night is now complete. The AZ announcer just called the new pitcher “Huddy”…

44. Flavor said, on September 9, 2015 at 8:54 pm

how can you not fucking LOVE this guy? Favorite player on the team and there’s no close 2nd….

jarryd hayne ‏@jarrydhayne_1 3m3 minutes ago
    Finding an apartment in Silicon Valley is doing my head in! Who know some people that know some people?

45. alleykat69 said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:00 pm

I’d take AJ Pollock in a heartbeat to be our CF next year over our broken down 10 mil dollar waste Pagan will be..
    My latest dream OF.. cespedes,LF, Pollock CF, Pence RF .. Blanco4th,Byrd 5th, mostly the Bench stud..

46. unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Jesus how many lob tonight?

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:16 pm

In Arizona it’s “Jeezy”…

47. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:30 pm

About to be 10 back in the LC, but according to the AZ announcers, the Giants will be checking the Dodger score as soon as they get into the clubhouse…

48. Macdog said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Oh fucky.

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:31 pm

lulz!

49. unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:31 pm

Weak shit. Zack Doddly? Who’s their fucking pitcher?

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:33 pm

At least he arrived pre-nicknamed…

50. alleykat69 said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Feeble 9 th inning.
    Why not a Bumgarner hack?
    Atleast you get a HR hack..

• unca_chuck said, on September 10, 2015 at 7:49 am

If bummie got hurt in that situation Vichy would catch a ton of heat.

51. unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Posey crawfish out and panic hurt?

52. Macdog said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Noonan, Williams, Perez = easiest save in MLB history.

53. xoot said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:33 pm

I’m not throwing in the towel. There’s a corner here, untouched by tears. But here’s where we are, imo:

• djloo27 said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:39 pm

More entertaining than the game…

• willedav said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:41 pm

yes. First TV I’ve watched since a week ago Saturday (got a new one and finally got it operational), and they lose 2-1 again, to Arizona. Miler said the other night AZ is 6-1 or something at ATT, now they win here too. You gotta beat these chump teams to win division, like LA has done. Maybe AZ is less of a chump team and more of contender serving notice.
        too many rivercats out there in SF Giants unis…I realize their season is over but honest, if I wanted to watch minor league baseball, the San Jose giants are 3 exits down the freeway.

54. snarkk said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Bochy speaking to Miller earlier this evening on the pre-game “Bochy” show came very close to admitting that they give Buster all those days off and play him at first because of his ankle. He said they rested him today because his ankle was “stiff” due to all that playing lately. Miller basically asked him if that ankle was the reason he gets days off and plays at first, and Bochy dodged it, saying once in a while the ankle needs a day off. It was an “aha” moment for me. It’s clear to me now this has been the issue all along with Posey, as I’ve suspected. I don’t know if they archive that show, but if it’s archived on KNBR website, you should take a listen. Why else would your best player be sitting when you’re still in the hunt mathematically — Jackson Williams is going to get it done? Ridiculous — unless the ankle is barking big time. If that’s the case, they need to get another catcher and move Buster to first base full time…

55. zumiee said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:36 pm

The Giants lost AND the Rupert Murdoch media empire bought National Geographic magazine. That’s a bad day for zumiee.

• snarkk said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:37 pm

More photos now of bare breasted women in faraway places?…

56. pawliekokonuts said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:44 pm

ugh aaargh sigh

57. sandog said, on September 9, 2015 at 10:51 pm

I still love Matt Williams and hell yes I think of Clay Kirbys near no hitter from time to time.
    The blog is a great read tonight while I crash on a couch at my old house. Long story.
    I could be talked into east coast F-looza easily.

58. snarkk said, on September 9, 2015 at 11:00 pm

Stretch, livin’ the dream…

59. snarkk said, on September 9, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Cespedes with another homer tonite to close the coffin on the Nats.
    Dang, let’s see, Aoki, or Blanco, or convert Tomlinson to OFer, or get Cespedes? Hmmm…

60. willedav said, on September 10, 2015 at 7:33 am

Snarkk, Cespedes would be a perfect fit— Blanco and deAza in CF with Pence in other corner.
    Let Aoki wander around the OF somewhere else and pay any taker for Pagan.

But, I said this last off season—asking Sabes to get a 3b LF and an SP or 2 is too much. Look what he wound up with: MacG, Aoki and re-signing Peavy (who SF will owe another $13 mil for another season of 5 inning starts). At least 3b is solved, but I just don’t see Sabes going all in on a couple SPs (leake +) and a big bucks bat for OF.
    And with the breakout season Cespedes is having in midst of pennant race, a lot of teams will be bidding for his services, adding years and zeroes while he’s propelling Mets along to post season.

• snarkk said, on September 10, 2015 at 8:27 am

Yep, Cespedes is a pipe dream. But, shouldn’t be…

61. snarkk said, on September 10, 2015 at 8:27 am

Wow, last night, one run down in the 9th, here comes murderers row:
    Noonan, Williams, Perez.
    Let’s just shut down Panik and Pence and Craw, and ride out this season with a smile and big ration of bask, and look forward to the hot stove and a re-tool heading into spring…

62. […] said, on September 9, 2015 at 9:33 pm […]