00 000 000 000 000 000 000

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 20, 2015

The last time the Giants scored a run: Wednesday night against the Reds. 7th inning. For those not keeping score, today is Sunday. Way back when, according to the box score, 000 tripled to deep center and Specs came in to score. That was the same game Peavy hit a home run. His first in 9 years. Unconfirmed report: that is also the exact same amount of time that has passed since the last time we scored a run…..

1. willedav said, on September 20, 2015 at 7:58 am

Disappointed this is one of those years not gonna end well. Zero enthusiasm for post season unless Pirates in it for a while.

SD, ever since I watched Shaw hamstring his own team in that bowl game with Okie state, I don’t like the guy either. He played it conservative with freaking Andrew Luck as his QB. And he hasn’t changed—Barry sanders jr with 3 carries, probably his career high.
    Btw, his dad Willie Shaw is famous down there, right?

I think the biggest difference in Pac 12 vs. SEC is in QB and how they are utilized. Left coast offenses up and down the conference so much more predicated on quick striking dynamic passing games with fewer defensive battles. More fun to watch to me, altho end of Ole Miss/Bama was good game.
    Stand out QBs in SEC are better runners but they generally have far fewer pure passers. It would be interesting to see more match ups btw 2 conferences, however SEC teams rarely if ever go very far to play.

2. zumiee said, on September 20, 2015 at 8:43 am

Yesterday’s Giants game felt like the transition to football season. K&K seemed bored and ready to start the off-season. Congrats to Cal and Stanford. Great day for those programs. Go Niners!

3. zumiee said, on September 20, 2015 at 8:46 am

Giants’ un-magic number is 7.
    The Padres, who “won the off-season,” have already been eliminated.

4. Macdog said, on September 20, 2015 at 8:53 am

Giants were off Thursday, the last Reds game was Wednesday, so it’s even worse than you thought.

• Flavor said, on September 20, 2015 at 9:25 am

ha! you’re right. WIll change. thanks

5. Flavor said, on September 20, 2015 at 9:29 am

this date in ’73, WIllie Mays announced his retirement at season’s end…..

6. snarkk said, on September 20, 2015 at 10:29 am

Heading out to the ballyard with the annual Snarkkettes visit.
    3 tix in sec 141 CF. Looking for a long blast by someday to grab a ball.
    We’re going to break this shutout crap…

7. willedav said, on September 20, 2015 at 11:01 am

Wow, guess you can’t play Bridgewater every week.

• Irish Kevin said, on September 20, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Well that goes both ways, NE can’t Ptts every week.

8. zumiee said, on September 20, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Niners got a reality check today.

9. snarkk said, on September 20, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Hotter than crap out here in left center bleachers — flags are still. Huddy might last 4? They’ve hit him hard w nothing to show for it. Tons of empty seats…

• Flavor said, on September 20, 2015 at 2:13 pm

see if they announce it as another sell out.

10. Flavor said, on September 20, 2015 at 2:46 pm

just want to update the headline of this thread

00 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 001……

11. Carstie Clausen said, on September 20, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Helluva effort by Huddy through 6. Four hits and no runs. This may not quite be his swan song, but it’s a sweet piece of music so far.

12. Carstie Clausen said, on September 20, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Jeeze, just get in the house after hours building my garden bridge/pathway of laid and pegged rocks and pebbles, tune in, Pagan has just singled and iDeAza doubles him in. The string of 00000000000’s is broken.

13. Carstie Clausen said, on September 20, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Buster Blaster! A lonnnng 3-run comment by the most dangerous 2-strike hitter in the game. He hasn’t given up yet.

14. Macdog said, on September 20, 2015 at 3:05 pm

What’s that thing I see in the Giants’ 6th? It looks a lot like a ‘4’.

• zumiee said, on September 20, 2015 at 3:07 pm

I know, it’s not all smooth and circular, like a “0.” It has straight lines that connect at various angles.

15. snarkk said, on September 20, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Sheezus. Snarkettes and I left bleachers in the 6th cuz I was about to have heat stroke. So , of course Posey’s blast land about one row below and a snarkk snag dive from exactly where we were sitting … 🙂

16. snarkk said, on September 20, 2015 at 3:15 pm

We’re under the canopy now in the shade on the first base side around sec 108 strick can really fling that thing …

17. snarkk said, on September 20, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Snarkettes did however get a photo with LouSeal…

• djloo27 said, on September 20, 2015 at 4:24 pm

I wonder if Lou Seal’s parents are proud…

• zumiee said, on September 20, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Sports mascots are the hardest working folks in show biz. 🙂

18. djloo27 said, on September 20, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Dez and now Romo gone for quite a while…

19. zumiee said, on September 20, 2015 at 4:42 pm

The Pirates took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers, beating Kershaw today. Impressive.
    Can the Pirates get past the Wild Card game?

20. Paul Sorensen said, on September 20, 2015 at 6:48 pm

In a Baggs story, there is this: “Bruce Bochy said it might be seven days before the club has a read on when or whether Belt will be able to play again this season.” Am I missing something? It’s Sept. 20th. That would be Sept. 27th before the team “has a read” on whether Belt can play. Seriously? Dude, shut it down….

• Flavor said, on September 20, 2015 at 6:51 pm

they could write a book on how the Giants don’t handle concussions properly.

• djloo27 said, on September 20, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Maybe Bochy has one, too…

21. wilcojoe said, on September 20, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Two concussions in a little over a year? What’s the general rule now, three concussions and you should consider a career behind a desk? I would think you have to trade him in the offseason while he still has value. If he still has value. With two concussions today, your basically like a terminal cancer patient trying to buy life insurance.

22. Flavor said, on September 20, 2015 at 7:34 pm

I just watched a video of Scott Norwood missing that 47 yard FG. Wow. THat was such an epic drive and they had basically a serf out their kicking it. That helmet with the single movable reign said it all. Norwood, he deserved better.

23. wilcojoe said, on September 20, 2015 at 7:43 pm

As if Peyton Manning didn’t already have an annoying voice, now we have to hear “high pitched” Peyton Manning during every damn commercial break.

• blade3colorado said, on September 20, 2015 at 7:52 pm

I don’t have cable or satellite, but I watch the occasional game on television with commercials. Consequently, I have seen this DirectTv ad . . . No idea how gay people are not in an uproar about this (or are they?). Thank God I am spared by most of the idiots spouting hate and prejudice in the U.S., e.g., Trump, Carson, etc. Shocked that 40 plus % of the U.S. populace thinks Obama is Muslim and wasn’t born here.

I never saw this sort of shit going on 24/7 during the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

• Flavor said, on September 20, 2015 at 8:35 pm

saw the high pitched commercial, how is that gay directed? I think you need to see all of the other direct tv commercials, there’s nothing offensive about the high-pitched commercial unless you’re assigning that yourself. It’s not one of their better ones but it certainly isn’t offensive or homophobic if you put it in the context of all the other direct tv commercials….

• Flavor said, on September 20, 2015 at 8:34 pm

skinny legs Peyton had me lol throughout…… and there go my socks

24. zumiee said, on September 20, 2015 at 8:47 pm

My least favorite commercial is the diabetic guy asking forgiveness from his doctor for eating a sweet roll. It just bugs me. Spoiler alert:
    She absolves him. She reminds him he is only human.
    It’s sweet that she cares.
    And….she forgot about him two seconds after he left her office.

• Flavor said, on September 20, 2015 at 8:53 pm

ha! I hate that commercial. Thanks for noticing. I also hate the commercial where the dr tell the kid “could be a monster in your stomach” and then proceeds to explain what’s actually happening. If a DR told me that a monster might be in my stomach, regardless of my age, I would die of paranoia before he/she could explain the ill timed and unnecessary joke……

• zumiee said, on September 20, 2015 at 9:03 pm

The thing is, a doctor either has a good manner with patients or doesn’t. It has nothing to do with which health corporation they’re affiliated with.

25. zumiee said, on September 20, 2015 at 8:52 pm

“Doc, it was late at night….after work….oh please forgive me….”
    Doctor thinks: “I can’t wait to watch Disc 2 of “Veep” tonight….”

26. zumiee said, on September 20, 2015 at 9:10 pm

2 NFL games done is the equivalent of about 20 MLB games. Kinda crazy.

27. willedav said, on September 21, 2015 at 7:01 am

Peyton Manning is like a curse that will never go away. Guy will be doing annoying commercials forever.
    Only one I really liked had kids in it, including a cute Chinese girl, and ended with him playing whack a mole.

Meanwhile, after some preseason drama little brother gets a pricey extension and then Heimlichs away 2 games in a row.

And the giants finally beat the DBacks at home! Snarkk and family should have been there more often I guess.

28. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2015 at 7:27 am

Yeah. I really want the guy in the commercial to say, “It was late. I was with a hooker. Is it going to fall off?”

29. willedav said, on September 21, 2015 at 7:28 am

I usually check box scores for total HRs hit in a day and runs scored (38 bombs Sunday) and it seems to me there have been many more days of increased totals for both this season. No idea how to confirm that.

Bryce Harper is hitting .343 with 41 HRs (both lead the league) 98 rbis. I’m sure he is among league leaders if not tops in many SABR type stats. His team has same record as Giants, tied for 6th best in NL.
    Any way he does not win the MVP?

30. Flavor said, on September 21, 2015 at 9:05 am