Game Time Thread

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 24, 2015

Hey– meant to get a thread out. Actually thought I did.

Anyway, I missed the game yesterday but based off your comments from the last thread it sounds like it was less than optimal. Kuip was on the morning show and said he sat with Bochy for 15 minutes after the game and that Boch was straight pissed at how our relievers pitched some of the Padres.

Must have been a frustrating game to watch.

1. chipower9 said, on September 24, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Frustrating doesn’t even begin to describe last night’s loss. Couple that with the bums being tied 1-1 going into the 8th, and then scoring 3 and winning 4-1…

1. Angel Pagan (S) CF
    2. Alejandro De Aza (L) LF
    3. Matt Duffy (R) 3B
    4. Buster Posey (R) C
    5. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    6. Marlon Byrd (R) RF
    7. Kelby Tomlinson (R) 2B
    8. Kevin Frandsen (R) 1B
    9. Madison Bumgarner (R) P

2. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Fucking Dogs won 6-3.

3. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2015 at 4:23 pm

Hesley (???) hit a grannie?

• zumiee said, on September 24, 2015 at 5:15 pm

A utility outfielder that’s been up and down from AAA during the season. There’s no way he sniffs their playoff roster.

4. snarkk said, on September 24, 2015 at 6:29 pm

We’ll, my hope is the doghairs don’t clinch at ATT. That’s a faint hope. Meanwhile I’ll enjoy seeing how our minor league dudes play at the MLB level. Play Parker and Williamson and see what these guys have…

5. Carstie Clausen said, on September 24, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Crawdaddy !!! Been awhile but that’s #20. Twenty dingers is always the mark of a slugger in this day and age ~ seems to separate the men from the boys when it comes to the power-stroke. RBI #81. Eighty Ribeyes is also a significant mark. His value at arbitration just took a nice jump. Good for him. The owners sure the hell can afford it.

6. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Joe west is a fucking tool. Bunnie going through a lot of pitches.

7. alleykat69 said, on September 24, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Lots of grinding going on for just the 2 runs on 8 freakin hits off of Kennedy. Nothing like a DP on 1 pitch to help him out big time.

8. willedav said, on September 24, 2015 at 7:48 pm

And after all that Kennedy balks the go ahead run in.
    Dude, you cannot argue that get back in the dugout.

9. Flavor said, on September 24, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Franny’s face looks like he’s been boozing pretty good since he’s been gone…..

10. Flavor said, on September 24, 2015 at 8:25 pm

West is a big fat pussy. Fucking shut that stank eye down and call the fucking game. Who cares if Bum is frustrated with you? No one came here to see you umpire the game.

11. djloo27 said, on September 24, 2015 at 8:41 pm

West looks like a lot of the old neighborhood scumbag drunks that used populate Brooklyn when I was a kid. They would either chase you away from their houses if you were playing ball or try to molest you. Or both.

• alleykat69 said, on September 24, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Yeah think we need to open a can of “Whoop Ass Buzzsaw” on Cowboy West, Loo

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2015 at 8:51 pm

didn’t have anyone that looked like that in my neighborhood but I think you described them perfectly.

12. Bozo said, on September 24, 2015 at 8:57 pm

I’m starting to drop off while watching the game, so off to bed I go. Hoping the Giants hold on, get the win, and keep hanging on. I ain’t heard no fat mathematician sing yet.

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:00 pm

dude, when midnight rolls around at my house I’m usually near 2 hours of sleep in the hopper. Of course, I get up at 4-5am. But still, how you guys on the east coast stay up for all these west coast night games blows my mind…..

13. Flavor said, on September 24, 2015 at 8:59 pm

huh. Franny went 0-4. That was totally unexpected.

14. djloo27 said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Noonan makes Adrianza look like Roberto Alomar…

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:02 pm

I’d like to see 000 spit in someone’s face just to see what would happen…..

• djloo27 said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:09 pm

He’d probably miss.

15. zumiee said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:12 pm

And MadBum gets credit for a workout.

16. xoot said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Romo’s looking gassed, can’t get RHs now.

17. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:13 pm

R u fucking kidding me?

18. djloo27 said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:15 pm

If they pitch Bum twice more to try to get him 20 they are insane. Shut him down now for Christ sake.
    Even if he makes 19 vs. LA are they really going to start him on the last day of the season vs. Colorado?

• snarkk said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:39 pm

I think I was arguing for that last week, or maybe the week before.
      There is absolutely no good reason to add another 15 innings on his arm. Save it for next season. There are a ton of arms in the Pen to use, let’s see some of ’em…

19. Flavor said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:16 pm

fucking so lame that Bum doesn’t get the W.

• djloo27 said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:31 pm

Seems like Duffy’s got quite a homerless streak going. I’d try him at leadoff next season if and when Pagan ain’t.

20. Macdog said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Not a good week if your last name is Romo.

21. xoot said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:32 pm

nice steal by Pagan, good challenge. Norris’s throw was good, though. That guy has really improved since his humiliation in the WC game last year. My younger son hates him, because of a walk off HR he hit against the Giants in 2012 (S. Casilla soon thereafter developed a blister that demoted from the closer role). But the guy still blasts mistake pitches into oblivion. He ain’t no Buster Posey, but he’s a tough competitior.

22. xoot said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:33 pm

oh, yeah. the game itself. dammit.

23. zumiee said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:39 pm

If the Padres get the walk-off, it’s stupid if they do some big celebration. They’re not going to the playoffs. It’s stupid to do a big celebration like they just won the division.

24. snarkk said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:40 pm

When’s the last time the Gyro Pen got a 1-2-3. If it’s recent, I must have missed it…

25. djloo27 said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Duffy last homered 8/14, his only dinger since the break…

• snarkk said, on September 24, 2015 at 10:00 pm

When did he get a day off last? 2 months ago? The kid is probably on fumes…

• zumiee said, on September 24, 2015 at 10:03 pm

The Giants’ bench was horrific all season. That has to change in the future.

26. Macdog said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:46 pm

I”m almost grateful, not sure I could’ve taken another night of extra innings listening to Dick Enberg.

27. zumiee said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:47 pm

Nothing makes a team look crappier than bad bullpen performances.

28. zumiee said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Amarista gets the winning hit, and his teammates throw him on the ground, because no athlete has ever gotten injured during a celebration.

29. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:49 pm

The Dogs are snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

The Giants suck.

30. snarkk said, on September 24, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Flemm apparently has bailed on the season. Gone for a coupla games mid-week…

• chipower9 said, on September 25, 2015 at 8:53 am

Flem always has some kind of side gig going on…

31. zumiee said, on September 24, 2015 at 10:05 pm

If Sandoval’s season wasn’t bad enough already, now he has pneumonia.

32. zumiee said, on September 24, 2015 at 10:57 pm

Well, this will make everyone feel better; the incredibly talented Wilson sisters from Heart, performing this beautiful song from Elton John’s “Tumbleweed Connection” album:

• chipower9 said, on September 25, 2015 at 8:39 am

Very nice rendition. Tumblewee Connection is my favorite EJ album.

• blade3colorado said, on September 25, 2015 at 9:23 am

I saw them in Rapid City back in the late 70s. They were excellent. Sexy too (before they got fat)!

33. Bozo said, on September 25, 2015 at 4:30 am

What? 5-4? Well that pisses me off. Part of me thinks Bum should’ve pitched the whole game and part of me is saying shut the whole thing down.

• willedav said, on September 25, 2015 at 7:05 am

yeah, I wondered once they got him the lead back if he’d just brazen his way through the whole game given how pen has performed lately. He even had a nice knock too.
      As Flav said about day before, sure was frustrating game to watch. Giants had so many ops to blow Kennedy out of the water and wound up a run short again.
      If Romo and Osich can’t get the kids and the Amarista’s out, they might as well sit too.

• chipower9 said, on September 25, 2015 at 8:46 am

I have been fighting it, but I am reaching the “shut the whole thing down mode quickly.”

• eddacker said, on September 25, 2015 at 8:49 am

Technically, I believe it has shut itself down. Management just needs to get in line.
      Base running errors, 10 pitchers in a game and not getting it done, twice. 2 on no outs posey and byrd coming up? inning over
      Players playing on heart alone, or to try and save some post season numbers.
      Then you look at the list of who will or could not be back next spring. scary.
      Oh, and playing the elimination game against Oakland? weird.

34. willedav said, on September 25, 2015 at 7:12 am

Going through this is a growing up process for the young guys like Heston Tomlinson Duffy Strick Osich. It is a long season and for hitters handling failure is such a big part of the game; pitchers too. Craw had been in a big slump too, 4 for 48 or so without an HR in a really long time as well, then he had big hits night before including double off Kimbrel.

Game just isn’t as easy as it seems when you are going well. All of above have a chance to be fine players for a long time.

35. unca_chuck said, on September 25, 2015 at 7:22 am

We always say you know the lineup will look different at the end of the year from the beginning but I didn’t expect to see half the starters being flying squirrels.

36. chipower9 said, on September 25, 2015 at 8:38 am

It was Gail’s birthday yesterday, so we were out to dinner, but were watching the game (table in the bar area). Got home and watched the bullpen piss all down their leg, again. FUCK.

While I believe the un-magic number is two (for us to be eliminated), at this point I seriously hope it happens against the A’s. Maybe Zito is the one who eliminates us tomorrow…I would take that. ANYTHING to keep the FUCKING bums from clinching on our turf. Fuck those fucking fucks.

• eddacker said, on September 25, 2015 at 8:51 am

Happy B-Day to your lady, chi.

37. Flavor said, on September 25, 2015 at 9:36 am