One Day At A Time

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 29, 2015

Of course, I am talking about the 70’s sitcom. Remember that one? It starred Eddie Van Halen’s future ex-wife. It was about a divorced mother who was raising her 2 teenage daughters through all the grief the 70’s could throw at them. Truthfully, it was a below average comedy. Why did we watch it? Because it was on tv. And we had nothing else to do in the 70’s during prime time hours…..

The thing I disliked most about One Day at a Time was when they would try to tackle serious issues. Like one of the kids would get drunk and Bonnie Franklin would spend an entire scene crying her eyes out because she was a broke single mom and she didn’t know what else to do. Schneider, the affable, quirky handyman, would stand by, silent and awkward, watching her wail because this was something that a hammer and a nail just couldn’t fix.

I always felt worse after watching one of those serious episodes. Sad. Deflated. Wished I’d never seen it.

Of course, 3 decades later One Day at a Time was reincarnated in a new show called “Modern Family.” It had the same theme, a comedy about a family with an unusual family structure. The main difference between the two shows is that every scene in Modern Family is hilarious and they don’t spend a second tackling any serious social issues. Why? Because they’re all rich as fuck and they don’t have time for one-off serious drama scenes….

My point with all this sitcom talk?

I can’t bring myself to truly believe that the Giants have it in them to sweep the Dodgers. We simply don’t have the players to pull that off. But we do have the heart–something that beats much fainter in LA. These guys are playing with as much heart as any Giants team I’ve ever seen. So while I don’t believe we can sweep, I do believe we can win one….game…at…..a…..time.

One Day at a Time……

We’ve been gifted a surprise Game 7 today. If Bum can beat Kershaw we will have done the near impossible. We will have slayed their 2 headed beast back to back. And if we can do that, there is nothing to fear about Game 3 or 4.

So today is huge. And there is no other man I’d rather have take the hill for us.

One game at a time.

One day at a time……

______________________________

here’s a very cool, detailed photo of this epic catch. 483!
coolpic

1. Bozo said, on September 29, 2015 at 6:42 am

Is there enough magic left? I gotta go with yes.
    Weird year, but we are still playing meaningful baseball and as wacky as this season has been, nobody can say it hasn’t been entertaining.
    Entertainment? Oh yeah, Bum going against HeeHaw, tonight on must see TV. Yup, I might be grilling up some late evening Polish sausages as a snack and back those dogs up with a few of Sierra Nevada’s finest. Gotta hunker in for this one.

2. sfsarge said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:02 am

Excellent post Flav. I’m pretty excited that I’ll be in the building for this one. I’m thrilled that our boys are still playing meaningful baseball the last week of the season. They are being lead onto the field tonight by redass Bumgarner against the bums in our place. They’re gonna fight. Can’t wait

• Flavor said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:20 am

walking into work this morning, one of my co-workers flagged me down in the parking lot all excited. Her husband has tickets for tonight’s game and she goes “Game 7 tonight!” and I was like “Fuck yeah!”

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:56 am

That’s fucking pricless. Love it!

3. eddacker said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:14 am

Nailed it, great rant leading into serious bum on bums action.
    Like I said last night, we may not be headed into the playoffs (?) but we are followers on one hella team and I am having an enjoyable season of my baseball passion with a big heart_edd, fighting TEAM.

• sfsarge said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:31 am

Bum on bums action, love it!

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:56 am

Yes…”bum on bums action” had me LMAO. Good one, Edd.

4. Flavor said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:27 am

Here’s a text I just got from my buddy:

Fuck the fucking Art Dealers dude. Wanna see some art for sale? Picture a MadBum Cleveland Steamer all over those asswipes!!!

5. willedav said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:53 am

Read through some comments on ML site…couple said LA should stop signing useless Phillies guys. Utley 0-5 last night, Rollins did nothing one time up.
    DTT also pinch ran for AGon in 9th, curious move. AGon got their last big hit, the single off Osich.
    The O is gonna see Seager and AGon again, has to learn from this.
    Lopez on other hand got the huge DP.

Yeah, who the F is Trevor Brown indeed? Sure enough, one Trade Belt blogger on the ML site is ready for Brown to be part of things next year with Susac as Posey takes over 1b.

• Flavor said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:56 am

for some reason, I cannot remember that dude’s name. I just keep referring to him as “that catcher.”

6. eddacker said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:07 am

When that batter got his first sacrifice but of the year and Bochy’s pen wasn’t getting it done, I thought for sure DTT was finally getting one over Bochy. It is just the new face of Giant’s torture – let ’em tie the game and we’ll play 3 more tension filled innings FOR THE WIN.

7. chipower9 said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:07 am

Great thread, Flav! And what an awesome win last night.

Lots of take-aways, but the ones that stick out for me were all the backhand plays that Tomlinson made…one that was absolutely spectacular, and had Peavy FIRED-UP! I can guarantee you that Tomlinson (unless he gets hurt or run over by a bus, etc.) makes the team out of ST next year.

The kid is good. He gives you good ABs, and has filled-in admirably for Panik (and his position is actually SS). I loved about a week ago where he said (without ANY prodding from mgt) that he wanted to play some OF. I can absolutely see him being a super-sub and spot starter next year. One of the Giant’s “secret weapons.”

I am with the Clown…I am gonna grill up some grub, have the cervezas on ice, and hit the bunker tonight. It is gonna be a war! Take No Prisoners!

Of course I would love to see “The Miracle of Miracles” and have our boys win the West. But I just do not see us winning out, and the bums losing every fucking game. But I am stoked as all hell at the way our boys (half of them either Flying Squirrels or RiverCats) have battled their asses off to make this series relevant. HEART of a Champion!

GO GIANTS – BEAT LA!

8. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:25 am

Obviously some magic is working at ATT against the Dogpile, were 7-0 at home, why not 8?
    Giants Baby!!!

9. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:26 am

Hey, Valerie was a teenage dream. That’s why I watched it. And Macenzie Phillips was doing drugs the whole time. Kinda like watching the train wreck once a week. Plus it was a little more real than the fucking Brady Bunch.

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:07 am

HA. But I bet ya you woulda done Marsha of the BB in a heartbeat, Charlie.

• unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:10 am

Of course . . . And Jan in a pinch . . .

10. Carstie Clausen said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:37 am

“One day at a time”. Classic. You nailed, it Flav. Along with probably more than half the Flappers, those were exactly the words i was thinking after last night’s huge one-run WIN. Heart. Yes, this bunch has that quality in full abundance. You do realize, though, or should anyway, that your posting has to be regarded as having committed literature.

11. Dennis Zucchino said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:45 am

Had my camera at the game and got a good view of the shock on Greinke’s face when Trevor Hit that double.
    From that moment I felt the Giants might get into the Dodgers heads.
    I imagine Donnie is thinking ‘this is why these guys could starve off 6 elimination games last year’.
    I also imagine that if his team can be held off from a celebration for another day, he’ll feel like Santa Anna at the Alamo… And you know how that ended up.

Hell, I’m at least feeling good that there’s a good chance they won’t clinch on my last day here lucky enough to be at this next classic pitching matchup.
    Go Giants!

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:11 am

Interesting comment about the elimination games, Dennis. WTF…they did it then…why not NOW?! Statistically, the odds are so far against our boys…but…

12. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:14 am

Mattingly is an imbecile. As confirmed by LA Time’s Bill Plaschke, taking out AGon for a pitch runner was mind numbingly stupid. Related, the Bums are not built to win late inning games and as today’s thread indicates, they have NO HEART!

Dodger fans are getting nervous, as the below comments indicate . . .

ruffel Rank 6314
    Home runs made by Bobby Thompson, Joe Morgan and Jack Clark flashing through my head right now. I never witness the Thompson home run, but I did witness Morgan and Clark’s. Pretty painful. I would hate to see Kemp repeat history.

Jboy64 Rank 748
    Being an older fan why is this starting to remind me of season end 1962 where the Dodgers collapsed the last week of the season and the Giants caught them forcing a playoff which the Giants won and went on to the WS.

Redlands Laker-Dodger fan Rank 628
    The dodgers should start Kershaw tomorrow rather than have him face MadBum in his home park. Dodgers cannot score vs MadBum and will waste another Kershaw gem. In addition Donnie Manager will go with his all anemic right handed hitting Mendoza lineup. No matter what pitcher the dodgers face they make him look like a Cy Young candidate.

Chris81 Rank 207
    In a perverse way, I’m enjoying this. The team has no bullpen and they’ll lose in the playoffs anyway. But it’s the organization that has really betrayed the fans by going two seasons without televising the games.

Rickjk Rank 3513
    @Chris81 I called this long ago. This team is not winning anything. Karma also for the bad TV deal. Greed will take you down, and it is.

Dude7777 Rank 811
    Possible nicknames:

The LA Boiling Frogs
    The LA Road Kill
    The LA Horseshoes
    The LA Guggenheimers
    The 300
    The Ghost in the Mauchine
    Mattingly’s Meltdowners
    The No Can Do’s

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:06 am

Love it! When their own fans are onto the gig, that is priceless. I am SO happy that the Giants have a class organization from top to bottom. And our team, regardless of what happens this year, has impressed the hell outta me with their heart. ST is going to be fun next year, as there are so many guys who will be trying to crack the team. The only one of the recent call-ups that I see making the team is Tomlinson, but again…it is going to be fun watching it all get sorted out. But that is NEXT year…let’s focus on this ONE GAME, and see WTF happens! Thanks for the share, Blade…good post.

• Bozo said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:51 am

The LA Guggenheimers and Mattingly’s Meltdowners
      are pure gold in my book.

13. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:20 am

This comment and response was hilarious as well . . .

SFwill Rank 1190
    And can you name any of those Giants in the picture? Not likely as only three of their original starters played and five rookies played last night. Half of the Sacramento Giants vs. the (most likely) NL West rep. Sad that we are missing Pence, Aoki, Belt, Panik, among others. it would have been a far different story. Now the duds are rolling into the playoffs like little lambs…lame. Pederson, Utley, Crawford, Rollins, Van Slyke, Grandal, is this what you get for 300 mil? And where is the pig?« less

takeyourmedicine Rank 196
    @SFwill funny i couldn’t recognize one. I thought maybe a gaggle of Google employees moonlighting as below-average ball players?? Certainly the dork on the right.

The photo they were referencing . . .

• willedav said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:07 am

That’s pretty funny. DOTR kicked their ass last night, great in the field, clutch hits.

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:09 am

Left to Right: Williamson, Byrd, Parker, De Aza, DuffMan, and Specs. These guys seem like old friends now. 😉

14. Macdog said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:22 am

Come here for baseball and get an analysis of 70s and contemporary sitcoms — awesome. I didn’t watch a whole lot of ODAAT, and if I did, like Chuck said, it was to check out Valerie Bertinelli. Something tells me a show with a middle-aged handyman hanging around a single mom’s two teenage daughters probably wouldn’t fly today.

15. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:48 am

JAY!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Lurker John said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:52 am

Great win last night! Any win against the Dog-ears is a great win! I had to crash before the end of the game but got the happy surprise this morning when I checked the scores. Better than a cup of coffee in the morning. Awesome. I say go ahead and sweep these fuckers and make the last couple of games really tense for the dudes from L.A.

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:11 am

Ha. I was thinking I was probably the only one who crashed before the end of the game. I was exhausted yesterday, and hit the rack mid-way through the 10th. And yes, the FIRST thing I did upon waking up was to grab my phone and check the scores. BADA-BOOM, BADA-BING!

BEAT LA!

17. Lurker John said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:59 am

Snarkk said:

“Yeah, because he’s [Peavy] signed for next year at about $13M…”

See? The Giants are listening to me!! LOL! Asshat! :-p

18. Carstie Clausen said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:20 am

Silver linin just keeps on shinin. After the 3 games by three runs putdown in the Latrine this team looked like totally dead meat. Now those callup kids are going balls to the walls to make their mark BEFORE Spring Training even begins. Giants are developing this incredible mystique, this elan vital which elicits those talents from deep within struggling youngsters and gassed vets alike. It truly is a morality play, an exercise in rising above the individual to coalesce as a unit, as a TEAM. Last night’s victory against the likes of Zach Greinke by the veteran Peavy and the unheard-of likes of Brown and Tomlinson may have shattered the morale of the LaBumbos, whether or not they stumble into the playoffs.

Facing the Undertaker tonight may be a bad dream come alive for the Dogs hitters, while the prospect of pitching to a bunch of unknowns with visions of making The Show next Spring has got to haunt Kershaw. Giants are in their heads. Time to erase another Ace. Go get Opie!

19. pawliekokonuts said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:44 am

One of your best!

20. pawliekokonuts said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:44 am

‘something a hammer and a nail just couldn’t fix’
    brilliant

21. zumiee said, on September 29, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Great post, BF!

In that photo, Vic Wertz is getting ‘Polo Grounded.’

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 12:39 pm

lulz!!!

22. Lurker John said, on September 29, 2015 at 12:11 pm

A 483 ft out. Still hard to get the mind around that one.

23. Lurker John said, on September 29, 2015 at 12:12 pm

A ball that travelled 30 ft further than Parker’s blast the other night. And it was caught. Willie Mays = Greatest Baseball Player Ever.

24. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2015 at 12:36 pm

I thought I heard that they (whoever ‘they’ are) amended Parker’s blast (really?) to 475 or some shit.

And I think that fence reads ‘583’ at the Polo Grounds.

25. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 12:40 pm

I don’t remember ever seeing that picture in color…

• Flavor said, on September 29, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Me neither. That’s why I posted it

26. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Just my take, but I think Arrieta pulled ahead of Greinke in the CY race after last night’s game.

27. Irish Kevin said, on September 29, 2015 at 12:52 pm

The Giants are definitely in the D players heads. The way the Giants starts are all beat up, the Dodgers should have run away with the West along time ago. Yet here they are battling a no name Giants team, well maybe not quite no name, but still. So yeah I love watching the Bums squirm!! Get past CK and all bets are off, it will be game on for the west title!!

28. Carstie Clausen said, on September 29, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Will Bumgarner garnish him some stumbleBums tonight?

29. Bozo said, on September 29, 2015 at 1:48 pm

So it looks to me like someone added a Where’s Waldo head to the kid that was standing above Mays, in the photo. Or is it Woody Allen in Zelig?

30. Lurker John said, on September 29, 2015 at 2:38 pm

I found this very interesting article while looking for other pics of Willie’s amazing play in game 1 of the ’54 Series:

31. Lurker John said, on September 29, 2015 at 2:39 pm

One last point on May’s catch, why were the 97-57 New York Giants hosting the 111-43 Cleveland Indians in game 1 of the World Series? Serious question.

• unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2015 at 2:44 pm

They used to simply alternate year to year who hosted. Which has everything to do with the All Star game now deciding who hosts. Why it was never best record never ceases to amaze me.

32. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Couple things about that pic. It’s got to be colorized. Who’s the dude in the window? Chub Feeney?

How many inside the park home runs were hit there? If you hit one to the loading dock doors you could run for days.

• Lurker John said, on September 29, 2015 at 2:49 pm

I think you’re right, Chuck, it’s been colorized. Every other pic I’ve seen of that catch over the years has been B&W.

• Bozo said, on September 29, 2015 at 3:21 pm

I read where the guy in the window is also taking a photo of the catch but from another angle. Not only is the photo colorized, but they added a cartoon head to the guy standing in the middle of the second row.

• Lurker John said, on September 29, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Ha! Good catch Bozo. Pun intended.

• unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Waldo?

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2015 at 5:29 pm

To me, it kind of looks like a photo of a young FDR.

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 5:49 pm

That window was part of baseball’s first luxury suite.
        Either that or the “Colored” bathroom…

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:04 pm

I think that face added to the guy standing up looks like Keith Olberman…

33. gianthead said, on September 29, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Just winning tonight will be enough for me to put the fear of Allah in Hel-LA…

34. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2015 at 3:46 pm

I’m going Thursday so I HOPE the game still has meaning. It would be an epic day at the yard to be in the running. at that point. If it comes to pass, the Dogs will be tighter than a dolphin’s blow hole come the Padre series.

35. sfsarge said, on September 29, 2015 at 6:40 pm

If there are any flappers at the game tonight, let’s have a cold one.

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 29, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Dennis Z is there; will try to find out exactly where

• sfsarge said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Cool. I have crappy seats, and it’s always full of people who wear blue. So I’ll probably be standing behind the field club section close to the action.

36. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:04 pm

NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY
    COMES INTO OUR HOUSE AND PUSHES US AROUND!!!!
    GIANTS BASEBALL,THE MAGIC CONTINUES TONIGHT!!!!!

37. sfsarge said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Well there goes the no-no

38. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:21 pm

WTF? Is Specs wearing his reading glasses?

39. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Great job to hold it to 1 run..
    Could have turned into a real bad spectacle..👀

40. snarkk said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Nice job Bum to get outta that jam started by Specs’ error…

41. snarkk said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Kershaw looks like he’s on tonite…

42. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Feels like Byrd hasn’t homered since the week they got him…

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:46 pm

He hasn’t in over 100 ABs since 8/28, a week after they got him…

43. xoot said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:51 pm

MadBum looks like he’s off tonight.

44. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:51 pm

We in trouble.

45. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:51 pm

That pitch was destroyed. Shit.

46. willedav said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Shoot, this guy is turning into a pest.

47. Macdog said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Uh-oh.

48. sfsarge said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Bum is off, but he’s gonna get it together. That dinger woke him up.

49. xoot said, on September 29, 2015 at 7:58 pm

bad news, 6 up 6 down. good news, Bumgarner gets to bat now

50. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Looking up this punk Hernandez’s stats, punk can hit with good OBP&Slg pct.Still a punk though..

51. xoot said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:01 pm

that turf in the OF is a disgrace. effing ac/dc concert, during the season? greedy mofos

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Byrd was almost killed out there last night. Instead, the divot he took out must have been a few feet squared.

52. snarkk said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Frannie with a knock. If I don’t miss my guess, he’s out of ball as a player after this season…

53. snarkk said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Wow, how did Pagan lay off that curve?…

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Yeah, that curve dropped off a table. Nice eye.

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Compare that to Zito’s pitiful lollipop…

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Uhh . . . I meant Pagan, not you. 🙂

54. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Baby steps inning.
    Broke up his no no, throw in a WP, a walk and some extra pitches, CK is ripe for the pickings next inning..

55. willedav said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Hernandez had 2 hits after he entered game late last night, so that’s 4 straight knocks with a HR.
    Um, about time to disrupt his comfort zone a bit.

• Bozo said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Agreed

56. Macdog said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Kershaw saw more pitches in that AB than he threw the entire previous inning.

57. xoot said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:34 pm

how can you make this many mistakes against the bums with kershaw pitching and still be in the game? so it is.

58. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Frickin’ errors are killing us.

59. sandog said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:35 pm

That was a pretty epic battle between Kershaw and Bum.

Glad to hear we have Flappers in the house and going later in the week as well. Enjoy–Sarge and Chuck!

3 guys I grew up with in Woodland were at the AC DC concert and sent me video from the show—they said it was a helluva an event. Yes, the field is a disgrace.
    And speaking of geezer rockers and Valerie Bertinelli……I will be at the Hollywood Bowl Sunday for the finale of the Van Halen concert. Quite possibly the last time ever David Lee and Eddie take the stage together.
    I’ve got mixed feelings about seeing these guys at this stage of the game, but I thought what the hell, this will be a good way to put a bow on my rock concert resume. One last VH concert.

60. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:50 pm

61. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Oh well.

62. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Ok I’m gonna have to say those 2 back to back bombs “Are fucking Killers”

63. Macdog said, on September 29, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Let’s Go Mets.

64. Bozo said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Need to put up a crooked number this inning and disable the car horn I keep hearing on the broadcast..

• Bozo said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Or not.

65. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:14 pm

66. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:19 pm

I have the Dodger feed, sans the melodious Vin Scully . . . Instead, I have some dufus (no idea who he is) and the insufferable Orel Hershiser. Oh joy!

Not.

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Charley Steiner, he sucks.

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Yep, he is terrible.

67. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:20 pm

I don’t know how important shooting for 20/100 is to Posey, but I better not see him behind the plate again this year…

• Macdog said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Pav tweet earlier tonight: Bochy said Posey will likely play first rest of the season after tonight. Likes way Brown has handled the staff.

68. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Guarantee Affeldt announces retirement before season ends…

69. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Embarrassing.

70. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:32 pm

All-Scrub team LU tomorrow..
    Ball-dudes may get a hack as well…

• blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Yeah, they’ll give Posey and Craw a rest. lqtm.

71. Bozo said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:35 pm

I think it is time for a large person to sing the song.
    The Giants season ends after 157 games in a “No Mas” kind of way.

72. zumiee said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:42 pm

29 teams end the season disappointed. Our moment is tonight. Others have that moment coming later.

73. eddacker said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Sad, but a big deficit this season. And yet we fought. For a fan like me I hol my head up. Without other teams competing we have no way to set our goals. The team has a lot in place to win. And next year is an even year.
    Go Gigantes!

• sfsarge said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Yes, we have a nice core. And what promises to be a great bench next season. Hey, our boys fought till the last week of the season with a few starters and the river cats . Hold your heads high boys!

74. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:43 pm

Kid got frozen on that pitch. Pfffftttt!

75. blade3colorado said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Bruce is going to throw his son out to the lions den. Interesting.

76. sfsarge said, on September 29, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Left after the 6th, had zero desire to watch a blue dog pile on our terrible grass.

77. Bozo said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:00 pm

That’s the season.
    Go Bucs.

78. snarkk said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Well, Giants pressed onward with young guys as far as they could. Congrats to a game effort in the late season, with half the starters missing.
    They just ran into a superior pitcher tonight, with all his pitches going.
    Doghairs seem unlikely to get to the NLCS, let alone WS…

79. snarkk said, on September 29, 2015 at 10:36 pm

Giants can still keep LA out of having home field against the Mets. That’s something for the kids to play for. And yes, that’s enough for Bum. He needs to be done for the season…

80. mrsprtdude said, on September 29, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Another great year of baseball and hanging out with you guys. Thanks again to Craig for keeping the Flap going! 3/6 anyone??

81. snarkk said, on September 30, 2015 at 12:06 am

LA has finished the season off on a downward heading, but they’ve managed the division win largely without Puig the second half of the season. Would not at all be surprised if they jettison him in the offseason…