Playoffs? You Wanna Talk About Playoffs? Playoffs?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 6, 2015

Yahoo has a headline this morning that says “Who Is the Year’s Madison Bumgarner?”

Uh, yeah, good luck with that…..

I couldn’t be less interested in the mlb playoffs this year, for obvious reasons. Maybe I’ll peek in on them at some point and the juices will start to flow. Or not. We’ll see…..

“Who is this year’s Madison Bumgarner?”

I tell ya, Yahoo can crack a good joke, can’t they?

________________________

I don’t get this Sabathia thing, like, at all. How much was this dude drinking that he had to quit right this instant? Wait a week, maybe even just ONE GAME, then disclose it. Unreal, stupid timing. And I’m not trying to be insensitive, but this guy couldn’t be more selfish with the timing of this.

1. sfsarge said, on October 6, 2015 at 6:57 am

I have almost no interest in the playoffs. Would like to see the Pirates go deep for the sake of a good friend of mine. And that is a mild feeling at the most. But outside of my anyone but the Dodgers sentiment I don’t really care. On my way to work, the shuttle that takes me to my job passes the ballpark every morning. This morning for some reason it finally sunk in that the season is over. I’m curious to see what the braintrust does in the winter, and from the sounds of it not much. They said starting pitching is their priority, while it would be nice to see a David Price at our place every 5th day, we all know that has a blizzard in hell’s chance of happening. So probably Leake and another 2nd tier guy…. Thanks Craig for keeping this thing going. BTW, the yawn of a new era was gold.

2. willedav said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:10 am

Flav, I remember being unsure Pence was real deal after the way he played here after Giants got him.
    Sounded like a great guy (a la Morse) but he hit .219 I think from August on and wasn’t much of a factor (3 hit dribbler notwithstanding) even though Giants won again in 2012.

How did Phils ever dump this guy and keep Ryan Howard?

• sfsarge said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:17 am

At the time Ryan Howard was still the man, and iirc Pence was good, but the Phillies were going nowhere and they wanted to get something for Pence. Or their GM was am idiot.

3. pawliekokonuts said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:28 am

don’t much care…..rollingonthefeckingfloorlaughingmygonadsoff, Yahoo…..what about this CC Sabathia bombshell? I don’t know what to make of that…

• Flavor said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:30 am

He wasn’t going to pitch in the wild card game so why not wait a day? All he did was cause a distraction. For who? For what? For HIM.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:43 am

Right. I am hesitant to weigh in because there is likely more than is being revealed. His statement was forthright and heartfelt, it seemed. But it left me puzzled, even as a person with some knowledge of “recovery,” as it is called. What was the urgency? He couldn’t check in after the Toronto melee? He couldn’t pitch for another month? Was it like he was drinking around the clock? (Possibly so, or threatening violence to self or others.) In each case, I can’t answer that; don’t know the facts. His organization is being supportive, as are the fans, I guess. The NY Daily News went easy on his. The tabloids could’ve skewered him. I’m baffled. But wish him well. Huge distraction to his team, though.

4. eddacker said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:38 am

So cc wakes up yesterday with an empty bottle on the table next to him, a full one in front of him and a gun in his lap. He can’t walk, much less show up at the clubhouse. His wife is screaming at him and he is crying, wanting it all to stop. She doesn’t want him to do something stupid, like violate his contract, so they do the only thing they can – they call his lawyer.
    there is no way management didn’t know he was in trouble. He may have been on a short leash. They even may have been expecting this and had him only penciled in for the playoffs.
    As you recognized this is a ‘crazy’ move. What would be even crazier was if he did this to tell management: screw you.
    people? – go figure. And even pro athletes are people some days.

Hey, this is the most I have been involved with a gmen-less playoffs so far.
    🙂

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:46 am

eddddd, just as I was typing, you laid out the scenarios for the questions I posed! Who knows? Cashman says he was surprised. I am skeptical. More likely, the org put pressure on him, weeks ago. They should’ve done this after the August incident, it seems. Get help or else. Then again, the contracts and CBA may not allow that bluntness.

5. wilcojoe said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:43 am

I for one am pretty stoked about the ‘Stros making the postseason. It feels good having a second team to root for in the PS, warming the seat for the Giants, as they rest for their 4 in 7 run…I really like this year’s playoff shirts, “we own the postseason” emblazoned on a silhouette of each teams respective downtown skyline. How cool would the SF skyline look on one of those? Fuckers should have come up with that last year…Intersting tidbit of the day: Every team Carlos Beltran has played for is in the postseason, with the exception of the Giants. Which is kind of ironic since it was the one team of which he had zero impact.

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:47 am

I’m pulling for them vs. NYY. Are you worried about Kuechel’s 3 days’ rest?

• wilcojoe said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:40 am

Yeah, he has never pitched on three days rest before. He actually has said how much he hates pitching on five days rest (due to offdays) because it messes with his routine. Baseball players are such “creatures of habit” but he is a big boy. I think he will suck it up and do just fine. It’s the Astros bullpen that concerns me the most.

6. zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:44 am

I’m fully into the playoffs. I’m in no hurry to get to the long winter without baseball.
    Plus, watching other teams get eliminated will be fun. 🙂

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:56 am

how’s your drought situation? any improvement at all??

• chipower9 said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:45 am

Forecast is for the 80s/low 90s…and NO rain in the seven day forecast. We need some magic out here…

7. willedav said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:47 am

Funny thing, Sharks bad boy Raffi Torres was in our store month ago, needed a bag fixed.
    Gal I work with is from Scandinavia and knows what hockey players look like. I saw his name in our log and talked to him couple weeks later–he needed bag back before he left for training camp.

Sharks getting universal thumbs down/zero support from blogosphere for having this guy on roster. If you watch vid and accompanying lowlights of what he has done in past to get suspensions, I dunno how anyone could feel safe when this guy is on ice…which he won’t be for a long time.

8. Bozo said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:56 am

I ask you, what has baseball come to, when a player can’t go out and pitch after a week long binge?

• sfsarge said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:58 am

Gotta love those effectively wild guys.

• willedav said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:00 am

Hey man, everything OK? Saw pictures of Charleston SC and all the rain and floods, awful.

• Bozo said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:18 am

We are OK, soggy and windy right now but the water is receding. Charleston got hit hard, with the combination of the hurricane going by and the continued coastal nor’ easter storms that the Carolinas had been getting for over a week.
        All in all, I think we were pretty lucky locally.

• ewisco said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:13 am

good to hear clown. can you send some agua our way?

• Bozo said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:20 am

I wish I could ewisco. Maybe if Nestles started bottling the tap water back here for awhile, Calif. could get their supplies back up.

• chipower9 said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:46 am

Glad to hear that you did not get hammered too hard, John.

• Bozo said, on October 6, 2015 at 10:14 am

Yeah chi, I’ll always take a week of storms over a cat 4 hurricane at my front door. The Friday AM model/prediction that I saw had us getting fucked in a big way by Joaquin, Glad it hit to the opposite field. 🙂

• eddacker said, on October 6, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Actually, my man Bozo, we weren’t so much worried as jealous. We have forgotten what rain looks like and dry summer sun has run it’s course. I, too, would take a good winter’s storm over what is extending into year six now. No hurricanes, lightening storms or biggish earthquakes, please.

You apparently have adapted since the new geo-location for you and yours. And the Giants are never blacked out on MLB TV, you lucky dog.

9. sfsarge said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:57 am

Wishing nothing but the best for my fellow Vallejoan CC Sabathia. As always, there is much more to the story that we’ll never know. But I’m sure it hit the fan somehow. If he truly needed to get himself right, he had to do it when he needed to do it. Whatever situation presented itself as the catalyst, he couldn’t wait until it was more convenient for everyone else.

10. willedav said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:59 am

Wilco, Beltran did hit over .300 for SF while he was here. Maybe less than a “good Giant”, but I thought he showed he could hit at ATT and be productive middle order bat. Wasn’t all his fault imo Wheeler deal didn’t work out and Giants couldn’t get back into playoffs.

Pagan (as suspected) to have arthro on right knee today…why this didn’t happen months ago anyone’s guess. As late as August Pagan still said he wanted to play through it and be in the LU every day so you gotta wonder if this was his call all along.

Each of his last 3 yrs now have started off healthy. This season he had one good month at start and another at end of season on way to OPS .700 range and crummy OB, esp hitting LH. Do Giants still think he is everyday CF…or are there just 10 million reasons to believe in him.

Aoki option over Byrd, pls no.

11. zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:17 am

“how’s your drought situation? any improvement at all??”

Pawlie, it’s as bad as ever. There are some predictions of a wetter winter coming this year. Hopefully that happens. The weather’s an issue, obviously, but some of it is just too many people. 40 million people in the state and rising. Too many people are having too many children. But, hey, young couples want to have kids, so there’s no real answer, other than building pipelines to bring water in from other parts of the nation. Maybe that idea needs to get a longer look. That would probably sound like socialism to right-wingers, though. Socialized water! No way! California, you’ll have to take my water from my cold dead hand-held cup!

• Macdog said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:43 am

Reminds me of this piece of shit Lindsey Graham, who voted against federal aid for N.J. after Sandy hit, but is now seeking similar assistance for South Carolina.

• Carstie Clausen said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:48 am

Drought was largely caused by the HAARP climate control system operated out of Gokona, Alaska. This was done in order to keep heavy doses of massive radiation from blanketing California much more so than its actually did. Weather control has been operative since at least 1977 when i headlined the then ongoing weather war between the U$ and the USSR. Massive die-offs in Pacific sealife, from phytoplankton and krill up to the top of the foodchain, where it is at it’s worst. Likely no more sea-lions within five years. Fukushima is still sending those bad vibes all over the place.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but maybe it’s high past time to get those heads outta the sand and face the facts. Don’t take my word for all of this, though. Do your own online research. Plenty of info out there.

12. Flavor said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:36 am

I’m skeptical of Houston playing well tonight. As Wilco noted, DK is a total creature of habit even more so than other players. Plus, he’s much better at home (and that goes back to his creature of habit stuff). So I think he gets knocked around a little tonight. And Tanaka has been leaky this year but he’s pitched big games before and he’s facing a team that’s going to be tight sphinctered and swinging from their heels.
    I see NY winning 8-3

13. mrsprtdude said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:41 am

Although they suck with no Giants involved..Playoffs have a clear team to root for early on.
    Houston and either team in NL WC. But I’m rooting for Pitt.
    Then Houston over KC, but ok either way.
    Toronto over Texas
    Pitcago over Cards, Mets over LA

Thanks again for another great year Flappers ( and specifically Craig). Looking fwd to 4/7

14. chipower9 said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:54 am

I am with Zumiee – not ready for winter and NO baseball, so while I may not watch every game, I will be watching. I am pulling for those miserable loveable cubbies. Hey…over 100 years without a WS title…they’re due.

Dream WS – Cubbies over Stros in seven (I give that almost no chance of happening, but that is what I would love to see).

Craig – the “Yawn of a New Era” was pure gold, dude. Loved it.

And I second sportsdude’s sentiments – thanks to all of Flap Universe for another great year of following and discussing Giants baseball (amongst other hot topics), and thanks especially to Craig for keeping this place up and running for us!

FOUR in SEVEN!

15. chipower9 said, on October 6, 2015 at 10:00 am

On the topic (last thread) of potential managerial candidates when Bochy decides to turn his hat into a beer cooler, I would think as someone else said that perhaps Decker. Maybe Wotus (and BTW…Wotus did manage the Giants AAA club when they were in Phoenix as the Firebirds, won a title in ’77, and was also manager of the year that year).

Decker has managed at high A, AA and AAA for the Giants.

16. chipower9 said, on October 6, 2015 at 10:04 am

Pawlie – I shared your memoir with a good friend and hard-core Giant fan, and I asked him if he would have approached Mays if he had been in your shoes. His comments:

“I will say this, Paulie is quite the writer. It’s like he was describing all of our childhood youth when it came to baseball. Well done.

Anyway, would I have approached Mays? As much as I appreciate what the “Say Hey” kid has meant to the Giants and baseball in general, and wanting to shake his hand, I would say no. I would soak it all in, no question, but I would let Willie go about his business.”

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 6, 2015 at 11:12 am

Made my day, Chuck. Made my day, brother. Pitching it to small presses. My goal today is to submit the MS to Outpost19, an innovative house in SF. Thanks again. Truly. (Can you email me Twin’s ph number? Danke.)

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 6, 2015 at 11:13 am

Heck, I am even thinking of using this very quote in my MS submission today.

• chipower9 said, on October 6, 2015 at 11:47 am

Email sent my friend. I also included his mailing address (P.O. Box). I am sure he would be thrilled to hear from any Flappers. I need to check in with him…it has been about a week or so since we last talked.

17. Lurker John said, on October 6, 2015 at 11:56 am

A post season performance equaling Bum’s will never be seen again. From the wild card game through game 7 of the Series, it’d have a one in a million chance of happening.

18. Irish Kevin said, on October 6, 2015 at 12:28 pm

The only playoffs I will be watching will be who ever is playing the Dodgers, so that when they lose I will be able to talk trash at work to the Dodger fans!!

19. willedav said, on October 6, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Kind of like Beltran, Beane and former A’s have contributed to a lot of teams still playing, while they look up at everyone in their division:
    Andre Ethier
    Matt Holiday
    Addison Russell and John Lester
    Yoenis Cespedes
    Josh Donaldson
    Lowrie Chris Carter and Kazmir

Might have missed a few. Wonder what Beane has to show for all these deals. When Stros first came into AL West A’s kicked their ass, but tables have obviously turned. Good for them.

Yanks backed their way in too, and ace pen guy Betances coughed up lead in one of those. Everyone likes hitting in NY, so see what happens.

20. unca_chuck said, on October 6, 2015 at 1:24 pm

If he Cubbies make it past he play-in game, I’ll be mildly interested.

108 years?

• djloo27 said, on October 6, 2015 at 2:30 pm

I was gonna ask what the price of a gallon of gas was the last time the Cubs won the WS, but I don’t think cars had been invented yet…

• zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Oh snap! LOL.

• zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 3:10 pm

That post from Loo wins the internet today.

• zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Although, technically, cars HAD been invented by then. Very early types. 🙂

21. sandog said, on October 6, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Just want to chime in that I agree with Flav that the Dodgers are the team to beat in the playoffs. They are absolutely built for the post season with those 2 aces and I think the Seeger kid is going to give them a huge boost in the post-season. I hope to hell I’m wrong as all I really care about in the playoffs is someone other than LA winning, but I don’t see it happening. And no, I don’t think Kershaw has some sort of post-season issue that will rear its ugly head again. He’s due to have a breakout postseason and throw a series of 2 hitters, just like Barry did against the Angels in 2002.
    And did anyone notice or mention on here that the Merc guy got in a few jabs at Crazy Horse recently? First, he mentioned that stats showed Pagan to be the worst defensive CF in all of MLB (none of us I’m sure are real surprised about that). Then, he mentioned that the only Giants not present for the Willie Mac award presentation to Duffy were The Omega Man (who was warming up as he was starting that day) and Crazy Horse, who was out on the field shooting the shit with Jose Reyes!
    I love me some Crazy Horse, but that is messed up. Would you trade Pagan straight up for BJ Upton? I would not.

• zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 3:46 pm

I’ll have to see the Dodgers bullpen get it done, to believe it. 🙂 Either that, or Kershaw and Greinke are going to have to go really deep into games.

22. zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Larry Baer’s letter to Giants fans, if anyone missed it. For what it’s worth.

The record books will show the 2015 Giants fell short of defending its World Series championship, but we’ll remember this team as having as much heart and grit as any other in recent memory.

Last Tuesday night, Bruce Bochy told his players how proud he was, how proud we all were. As injuries took a toll on our roster, our players never stopped fighting. Young players kept arriving from the farm system, one more talented and poised than the next.

We saw Chris Heston throw a no-hitter in just his 13th Major League start, Kelby Tomlinson hit .328 in his first month, Jarrett Parker slug five home runs in a three-game stretch, backup-to-the-backup catcher Trevor Brown hit nearly .300 and skillfully handle a pitching staff, and we saw relievers Josh Osich and Hunter Strickland get crucial outs. And Matt Duffy. He not only claimed the starting job at third base, but he also climbed to No. 3 in the batting order, racking up more hits in the
    second half of the season than any player in the National League and forcing his way into Rookie of the Year contention. And, of course, he became the first rookie ever to win the Willie Mac Award.

The maturity and intensity of these rookies are a reflection of the scouts, coaches and minor-league development staff who also delivered homegrown stars Buster Posey, Joe Panik, Brandon Crawford and Brandon Belt – who with Duffy make up the best infield in baseball. Talk about the future: All five will still be under 30 years old next season, as will Madison Bumgarner. In the dog days of August, he went 5-0 with 1.43 ERA. In September, he fell one pitch short of a perfect game. And with the
    team shorthanded on the bench, he picked up a bat and pinch-hit. Three times. His five home runs this season lead all pitchers.

The culture of our clubhouse, shaped by team-oriented veterans, is a key factor in the success of our young players. Matt Duffy provided a glimpse in a piece for the Players’ Tribune: “I was 23 and just up from Double A (in 2014). Nobody had ever heard of me. But Hunter didn’t treat me like an outsider who was just passing through, filling a roster spot. He made me feel as if I was exactly what the team needed. Thus began a succession of welcoming handshakes and confidence boosters from Buster
    and Brandon Crawford and everyone else. Play big, they told me.”

Bruce Bochy has already established himself as the best manager in baseball, leading the Giants to three World Championships in five years. But this season might have been his most brilliant managing job yet. Incredibly, only one game out of 162 could Bochy play his projected opening day lineup. His chess-master maneuvering squeezed the very best out of every player on the roster, keeping the team in the playoff hunt until the final week of the season.

This season revealed the true character of our team. It also showed, once again, the true character of our fan base. No fans are more loyal than ours. You show up no matter what. You sold out AT&T Park every single game this season, a streak of 408 straight dating back to 2010. Our 50 millionth fan walked through the turnstiles. Your energy lifts every player and coach. It’s one of the most striking things to our new players — the unusually close relationship between the players and fans. I
    can tell you that Tim Hudson and Jeremy Affeldt will never forget your outpouring of love and appreciation as they retired from the game. No players have represented the Giants and baseball better than these two men. Their ferocity on the field was matched only by their humanity off it. They were brothers and mentors to dozens of Giants teammates over the years. They were champions of the vulnerable and marginalized in our community. They leave a profound legacy.

We are already hard at work preparing for 2016. Our extraordinary core of championship-caliber players and our deep pool of talented rookies position us well for 2016. Just think of our lineup next year with Hunter Pence and Joe Panik back in it! Our focus right now is on getting healthy and filling openings on the pitching staff. Executive Vice President Brian Sabean, General Manager Bobby Evans and our baseball operations staff are scrutinizing and exploring every possible opportunity.

We will keep you updated on the status of the team throughout the off-season. We so appreciate you being part of our Giants Family.

Sincerely,

Laurence M. Baer, President & CEO

23. xoot said, on October 6, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Astros v. yankers is pretty enjoyable, so far. The Astros are a likeable team. The baseball post season is the post season. I don’t believe baseball has playoffs, except for these new WC play in games (and exceptional games that follow end of season ties). The post season. imho…

• Flavor said, on October 6, 2015 at 6:37 pm

wow, great take, I’ve never thought about it that way before.

• xoot said, on October 6, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Great take? Don’t talk about great take! I just hope I can write a sentence.

24. wilcojoe said, on October 6, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Why does ESPN even have this chick in the booth? I think she has said all of two sentences all night.

• Flavor said, on October 6, 2015 at 6:36 pm

she replaced Shilling and I guess they wanted to try to hit another demographic. She hasn’t said anything interesting but she also hasn’t assed out like Shithead usually does.
      Really impressed with Archer, he is born to do this. Didn’t go to college either.

25. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2015 at 6:40 pm

All good Larry. Drop the beer prices, and food concessions, since your already stiffin fans with merchandising, and ticket prices in a SOLDOUT PARK.
    Jackin up the payroll more and go after 2 top of the rotation starters to compliment Undertaker, oh like Another lefty as well, David Price ,comes to mind, oh hell add Grienke and call it a early Christmas..

26. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2015 at 6:46 pm

Screw the Yanks!
    Love to see Stros take them down in their place especially!
    Besides the Stros are going for the “Orange Tuesday Night Look”

27. wilcojoe said, on October 6, 2015 at 6:51 pm

When I got the email on my phone from Baer with the subject line “from the desk of Larry Baer”, I wasn’t able to read the body of the email and my heart started racing. My first thought was, “oh shit, Bochy is stepping down.”

Of course I immeditely came here and saw zum’s post. Once again, the Flap comes thru in the clutch.

28. wilcojoe said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Surprised Hinch is pulling Keuchel after just 87 pitches with a bullpen that has been atrocious the last month and a half. I would have left him in until he gave up a lead off or one out hit.

• Flavor said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:36 pm

3 days rest. But I agree with you about their bp

29. zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:45 pm

10 years ago the Astros were in the World Series. To quote a certain song: ‘what a long, strange trip it’s been,’ since then.

30. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Stros BP looks pretty clutch to me.
    Thought Hinch played it right, leaving him in to get A-Roid out was even gutsy,after that worked out and the 3 days rest was enough Imo..

31. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Stros BP looks pretty clutch to me.

32. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Astros up 3-0 , no reason to question the manager, he’s pushing the right buttons, like our own Head honcho Señor Bruce does..

33. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Jesus, Guess Wilco knows since I haven’t followed the Astros that closely. But do a these dudes coming out of the BP have era’s under 2?

34. wilcojoe said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Kat, the Astros bullpen was outstanding until the last month and a half. However they have seemed to get it together some in the last week. They don’t throw hard but they usually throw strikes. The negative to that is the home run ball hasn’t bitten them in the ass , especially in tight games.

• wilcojoe said, on October 6, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Has bitten them in the ass, not hasn’t.

35. xoot said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:02 pm

who the fuck boos your home team in a WC game, or any PS game? NYY fans are in the running for the worst of all. . . .

• zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:03 pm

You beat me to it . 🙂

• Paul Sorensen said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:07 pm

Yeah, my brother and I were just saying that. Unbelievable.

36. zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Yankees getting some boos. East coast fans are rough.

37. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Thanks for the Info Wilco.
    Stros BP and team are sure locked in right now for this matchup..
    And I couldn’t be happier watching whining Yank fans 😂😢😩bitching about their team!!

• wilcojoe said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Yeah those boos were pretty cool. Couldn’t happen to a more worthy team.

38. wilcojoe said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Nice!!’

39. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:16 pm

” Houston we don’t have a problem against New York”!!
    Congrats…

40. xoot said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:17 pm

The Amazing Astros move on, and I’m pleased. Toronto’s an entertaining team, too. But I like Altuve and company (for an AL team). Fuck the yankers and their “fans.” Now let’s see the Pirates come on!

41. Carstie Clausen said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Yes, maybe there is a god ~ at least in the A.L. as the Stros down the Evil Empire.

42. Macdog said, on October 6, 2015 at 8:54 pm

This might have been the first time I rooted for Dallas.

43. snarkk said, on October 6, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Post season is already good — Yankees lose…

44. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Yes it is Snarkk.
    And it will only get better when the Dogpile flame out against the Mets…

45. snarkk said, on October 6, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Hmmm. Some “insider trading” at the fantasy sports sites?

• zumiee said, on October 6, 2015 at 10:46 pm

I think you were the one predicting scandals on this stuff just a few days ago.