Dirrrrrrty

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 12, 2015

I thought Kruk was gonna bust a gut this morning as he seethed about the Utley slide. Would he have seethed less if it wasn’t a Dodger? Doubt it. Kruk thinks he got suspended so that MLB can protect Utley from being attacked by a Mets fan. Kruk’s world view is skewed and dull.

Since he’s been suspended I don’t expect any retaliation. The only guy who deserves to get popped is Utley. What good does it do to hit A-Gone? The only time it makes even a little sense to hit a position player who didn’t have anything to do with a retaliation play is if it’s an AL pitcher who started it.

And there’s is NOW WAY Harvey hits someone today. He’d be tossed from the game immediately, as would Collins. The time for retaliation will come, Utley will get a fastball in the ribs, probably next Spring Training.

Either way, pretty excited to watch this game tonight……

1. Lurker John said, on October 12, 2015 at 9:35 am

Harold Reynolds was expressing surprise last night that a suspension was handed down for Utley’s “slide.” I don’t know how anyone could watch that and think it was anything other than a blatant take-out. What a POS move by Utley.

2. djloo27 said, on October 12, 2015 at 9:39 am

A lot of NY sports talk radio thinks the same thing. They don’t want a repeat of the Rocker circus.

• Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 9:41 am

do you think a Met fan (or fans) were plotting to go after Utley? I suppose it’s possible, but there are crazy people in every town. Still, when has that ever happened? He got suspended because it was an over the top dirty play and Tejada broke his leg. I can’t believe MLB suspended him to protect him from some angry NY mob.

• Macdog said, on October 12, 2015 at 9:52 am

Utley’s appeal unlikely to be heard today (huh? shouldn’t this be a top priority?), so it looks like he’ll play. As for crazy fans, let’s just say I’m glad one of my co-workers will be at work tonight instead of the game.

3. pawliekokonuts said, on October 12, 2015 at 10:49 am

Isn’t it true that Harvey or Collins gets tossed only if formally warned beforehand? That puts the Mets at a disadvantage. Harvey comes high and inside and he is gone. Anyway, this is all good for ratings. I will watch some of the game at the house of a Mets fan, with my Finnerty’s shirt on. I was trying to direct the Mets fan to a viewing of the fight in the Eighties of the Giants vs. the Cards. The one when Candy Maldonado races in from RF. It was here recently. I’d watch it again.

• Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 10:57 am

Kruk think they’ll be warned before the game so that would make it so they can’t do anything. I always wonder about coming inside. If you don’t hit the guy, what’s wrong with pitching inside? Because you’re worried he might get scared or something? Absurd. These pitchers could knock the dick off an ant, if they’re gonna hit someone, they’ll hit them

4. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 10:55 am

just saw on my computer that Gomez just hit one out. Wow, what was that trip around the bases like?

5. xoot said, on October 12, 2015 at 11:01 am

the fact that Utley plays for the bums now makes this series must-see tv. Utley has options in his contract through 2018. Probably team options, but I haven’t checked the details. I’d love to see BP at China Basin next year with him in bum blue warming up in front of those guys who get there early to hang on the rail.

6. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 11:08 am

didn’t know this:
    Harvey, incidentally, has drilled Utley already this season. After Philadelphia Phillies right-hander David Buchanan hit a pair of Mets batters in an April 14 game at Citi Field and Utley homered in the first inning against Harvey, Utley was drilled in the back by a pitch from Harvey in the fifth inning. Harvey then stared down Utley.

7. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 11:09 am

One thing that cannot be questioned: these post season games have been riveting. Every inning I see (haven’t watched an entire game yet) is good theater.

8. Macdog said, on October 12, 2015 at 11:16 am

[mlbvideo id="73700883" width="400" height="224" /]

9. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 11:19 am

I’d love it if Harvey said the reason he can’t hit Utley is because he can’t waste any more pitches this year because his idiot agent told him not to

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 12, 2015 at 11:59 am

beautiful

• Bozo said, on October 12, 2015 at 12:21 pm

OK, I really did laugh out loud on that one.

10. pawliekokonuts said, on October 12, 2015 at 12:03 pm

If KC gets eliminated today, it will reinforce the Non-Torture-Had-It-Too-Easy-in-the-Regular-Season Theory.

11. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Oh I can see someone getting drilled tonight if say the Mets are up big or behind big. Close game I doubt it will happen.Goddam I wish Puig was playing and the one to get drilled, cause their would probably be a riot in LA…

12. Macdog said, on October 12, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Another replay reversal on a steal when the baserunner is initially called safe but comes off the bag ever so slightly and is then tagged out. This time it was a Royals player who tried to steal third with two outs down 3-2 in the top of the 7th, not the brightest thing to do. But I wonder if teams will spend some time in spring training next year working on staying on the bag on steal attempts since this seems to be happening more and more.

13. Bozo said, on October 12, 2015 at 12:43 pm

No need to have Harvey hit him. but every Met player sliding into second should do it hard and late. Hell, Is Nieuwenhuis on the roster? He’d be the perfect pinch runner to put Utely down.

14. djloo27 said, on October 12, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Utley not in starting lineup…

• alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Yeah because I’m sure he heard “Buzzsaw’s looking for him💪

15. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 4:48 pm

flipped on the tv, Wacha throws one pitch, Bryant hits it out. Wacha bombs in the post season? Like clockwork, eh?

16. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 4:58 pm

i think a lot of traditions in baseball are intolerably stupid, but I LOVE the silent treatment after someone hits a bomb and gets back into the dugout and gets completely ignored. Laugh out loud every time at that one….

17. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Winters behind the plate? No wonder these pitches seem to be getting called balls and strikes randomly

18. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 5:17 pm

weirdo move by Maddon. Arrieta strikes out 2 of last 3, hits a guy, now he gets yanked at 97 pitches. Is this guy your horse or not?

19. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Speaking of weird.. Why did Toronto’s manager bring in David Price to close out the 5th inning when they already had the lead, and pitches him 2 more innings (50 pitches) when they could of started him in gm 5?

20. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Dark Knight is worthless. I’ve watched him pitch 2 games this year, the game where the Giants lit his ass up and now this game. In between his girlish agent has tried to shut him down. Fuck him.

21. xoot said, on October 12, 2015 at 6:44 pm

I’m glad tbs toned down the sound effects. They’re still absurdly exaggerated, but at least weak foul balls no longer sound like 500 foot HRs and pitches don’t hit the mitt with cannon roars. But what’s the deal with the in-game pitch-stat graphic? Why not add the gun and count to the main box out of the way to the left, the way everyone else does, and then add the pitch spotter separately, and with some rational rhythm? Turribull.

22. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 6:53 pm

love it. Anderson coming up ant-small tonight is not a surprise—very average, injury prone pitcher more interested in entertaining his followers on twitter with his witty quips. In his single defense, he’s hilarious on twitter. Pitching? That’s sometimes hilarious, too.

23. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:05 pm

this Kiki-whoever looks like Pagan on 2 bad knees running around after balls out in the outfield.

24. wilcojoe said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Went to the Astros-Royals game today. Having missed all those great playoff games in SF, this was a nice consolation prize.. Certianly not the same, but there is something special about playoff baseball. The energy in that place was off the charts. The way Houston lost that game was eerily reminiscent of the Giants game 6 World Series loss in 2002. Going to bed, if I can get the ringing out of my ears.

• Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:18 pm

that’s awesome. would love to hear about the difference between the normal Astro reg season game and this one. Obviously, it’s different. But how different? See anything crazy? How’d you get the ticket and what did it cost? Stuff I’m always interested in. 🙂 Sleep and let’s check in tomorrow.

• xoot said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:24 pm

good for you. helluva an experience. the Astros are still the favorite here.

25. Flavor said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Cespedes for the …. oh whatever. Fuck the Dodgers.

• ewisco said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:26 pm

How did we not go all in on cespedes?

• xoot said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:28 pm

I think Oakland was the only team willing to guarantee him a starting slot in the LU.

26. xoot said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Friend of mine took me to the a’s first PS game in 2013. The a’s lost, but Cespedes hit a HR to LF just like that one last inning in NY. He can do it all, and he seems to be developing the finer points since he got out of Oakland. helluva player

27. eddacker said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:38 pm

The uninteresting playoffs have turned into some good baseball, especially with the Mets winning. yee haw!

28. alleykat69 said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Unfortunately the Giants never go all in on a stud OF( Pence just fell in their lap after dumbshit Amaro needed to dump salary with both Howard&Smutley locked in big contracts).
    Cespedes & Pence and dump Pagan, but it won’t happen, book it!

29. zumiee said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:49 pm

No divisional playoff presence on national AM radio. That’s too bad.

• xoot said, on October 12, 2015 at 8:07 pm

pisses me off when I’m driving during the day or headed home. I did find monday night effing football instead of the mets/dodgers game. turribull

• pawliekokonuts said, on October 12, 2015 at 8:26 pm

I think locally they switched to NFL DURING THE MLB GAME yesterday. Revolting.

30. Carstie Clausen said, on October 12, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Dogs plan to go all in with Opie on 4 days rest tomorrow. Wonder how that works out for them.

• xoot said, on October 12, 2015 at 8:07 pm

5 innings of good pitching

• djloo27 said, on October 12, 2015 at 8:27 pm

3 days, right?

• zumiee said, on October 12, 2015 at 8:33 pm

31. Lurker John said, on October 12, 2015 at 8:41 pm

2 step might not have a job if the dog-ears don’t win this series. Getting thumped tonight ain’t helping his cause.

32. zumiee said, on October 12, 2015 at 8:44 pm

A rather enjoyable baseball game.

33. Lurker John said, on October 12, 2015 at 8:48 pm

That said, I’m pretty sure the Metropolitans want to wrap it up against Opie tomorrow. Going back to L.A. to face Grienke in a do-or-die is an iffy proposition.

• zumiee said, on October 12, 2015 at 8:50 pm

I wish the Mets had deGrom going tomorrow night, even on 3 days rest.

• blade3colorado said, on October 12, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Zum, Matz is a stud. Yes, very young, but he has pitched in some big games this year (and has won me some serious coin). I like the match up. Bums will have all they can handle. Loo and Mac chime in with your opinions . . .

• Macdog said, on October 12, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Blade, I like Matz a lot. Great stuff and he’s a battler. Local guy for Mets, too, from Long Island. He’s already faced the Dodgers once, now he goes against Kershaw. He’s only 24, but I think he’s up to the challenge.

34. xoot said, on October 12, 2015 at 9:17 pm

how the fuck is this 9th inning pitcher even on the mets PS roster? 33 IP all year? That’s their mop up?

• zumiee said, on October 12, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Yeah, he was pretty lousy. The over-eager fan didn’t help.

35. snarkk said, on October 12, 2015 at 10:58 pm

All the games were slugfests today. And, there’s been lots of runs in the other games, too. I thought pitching was supposedly the decisive factor in playoffs…

• zumiee said, on October 12, 2015 at 11:44 pm

Lots of pitchers were epic fails today. We’ll see who rises to the big occasions in the next couple of days.