A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Too Many Beers in Canada

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 15, 2015

So yesterday we learned that Canadians shouldn’t be allowed to drink at baseball games. Seriously, how many Molson Golden’s do you have to fire down before you decide it’s a good idea to trash your field over a call you were wrong about in the first place? Bautista didn’t do much to kill the fire with that ridiculous bat flip. It was actually a bat throw. Encarnacion should be commended for how he tried to restore order. Whatever, if I was looking for a reason to root against Toronto, I found one…..

Bummed to be missing the Met game tonight (will listen to some of it at the tailgate on the radio) but I’ll be at the Stanford/UCLA game. Huge, huge game for the Cardinal tonight. I’m really excited to see Josh Rosen live. Blitz the shit out of him the way ASU did, that seems the best way to go. He’s a huge talent but he’s young and he was clearly rattled in the game they just lost at home to ASU……

1. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:14 pm

bobbie17 says:
    October 15, 2015 at 11:46 pm

This last game was played like too many during the season. The offense is horrible. I lay blame on Puig for not providing the production needed during the year and now in the playoffs. I know he didn’t play much in the post season but there was a reason for that. In second place was the virtual zero put up by the rookies, especially Pederson. That combination of offensive ineptitude doomed this team. If Puig had done his job with the expected 600 at bats and 90 rbi’s, we would still be playing. Next season if we rely on him again, we won’t get this far. What a shame to have those 2 pitchers to have to pitch with so little offensive production. Terrible. Would we have won this series with Kemp in the outfield? When he was let go, it was 66 primarily that was needed to fill that offensive spot. Look what we got.

2. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Badger says:
    October 15, 2015 at 10:27 pm

This is one sorry collection of talent put together by a group of knuckleheads that don’t know wtf they are doing.
    I’m sick of this crap.

3. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:48 pm

whether or not they were good, they were largely a bore to watch outside of Kershaw/Greinke games.

by OB12 on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:14 PM up reply

Especially after they stopped scoring 6 runs a game sometime in May.

by Rob88 on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:15 PM up reply

4. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:54 pm

BluESQ 28 minutes ago

Kemp ended up with100 RBI and Dee had highest avg and # hits and fast as fuck. Shit might have been useful

5. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:57 pm

Still my favorite stat-
    World Series championships:
    Giants- 8
    Dodgers- 6

6. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Rob Lowe, on Twitter:

@RobLowe
    The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. Fire Mattingly. #Dodgers #MLBPlayoffs
    8:23 PM – 15 Oct 2015

7. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Wouldn’t matter to me if they keep or fire him.
    Unless we want to emulate the Giants and hire the ex Padre manager and make him a HOF manager. I’m not sure that is a repeatable skill.

by meercatjohn on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:54 PM up reply

8. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:16 pm

hindsight is 20/20
    Jimmy Rollins would’ve covered 3rd.

by NYAsFan on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:40 PM reply

I was thinking the same thing.
    Inexperience cost us on that play.

by gordyloc on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:43 PM up reply

i rock back and forth in my
    tight fitting straitjacket
    staring at inanimate objects

by Alexp11 on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:44 PM up reply

9. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Can only do so much with what you have
    Not his fault he had to choose between a giant douche and a turdsandwich in game 3, what a crapshoot

by ScruffnChuff on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:49 PM reply

10. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:34 pm

replacement talk
    maddon is on to the next round while the dodgers go home, its something the front office guys may think over as the off season goes on. this offseason could be tougher. its not easy to fix things now. cant just dump guys like hanley and kemp. its about hoping the current guys dont play like trash. hope puig gets healthy and remembers how to play baseball. hope joc isnt a bust. hope grandal’s shoulder isnt mush and he becomes a singles hitter like agon and kemp did after theirs. hope they can build a rotation that doesnt fall apart immediately. etc. hope agon isnt on the decline as father time comes knocking. oh yeah and greinke doesnt pack his bags. i fear we could be in another offseason of “future moves” where you say yeah thats a good deal or good value but it doesnt help now.
    waiting since 88 so the fans will hate it

by ClayDavis on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:47 PM reply

11. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:46 pm

deblue 49 minutes ago

So..hightlight of year: defeating Giants to win division.

Ak88 44 minutes ago

Yeah just like last year

12. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:58 pm

Grant Brisbee:

The Los Angeles Dodgers, for the 27th consecutive season, will not win the World Series. Sources close to the organization have confirmed that the Dodgers have lost a postseason series again, ending their season.

“I … I just don’t understand it. Every year. Every damned year. We have all this talent, and then … nothing. It might be me, maybe they’re right. I might be the problem,” Don Mattingly might have said after the game, we’re not sure. “You think it can’t hurt more, and then it does. It really, really does.”

The Dodgers entered the season as one of the favorites to win 11 out of 19 possible postseason games, but they could not, dropping three out of their first five, again.

According to Baseball-Reference.com, Clayton Kershaw pitched extremely well in the series, but he still hasn’t pitched in a World Series. Technically, he’s allowed one fewer run in the World Series than Madison Bumgarner, so there are still positives to sort through.

“Hey, I gotta tell you, this team doesn’t have the heart or the fire like the Dodgers I remember, you know, the guys from when men were men, I gotta say, these guys need to spend some time with Steve Yeager and Burt Hooton, real players, maybe they’ll pick up what they need to, I don’t know, get the hell away from me, get that microphone away from me,” Tommy Lasorda might have said, I mean it’s just a guess. “Rick Monday oughta bite some of these kids, maybe infect them with whatever the hell he had, now get away, go on, I’m serious.”

Sources close to Lasorda confirm that he is really, really sad.

Here are some of the Dodgers who did not win the World Series in 2015:

Yasmani Grandal
    Adrian Gonzalez
    Zack Greinke
    Justin Turner
    Andre Ethier
    Chase Utley
    Joc Pederson
    Andre Ethier
    Chase Utley

Mat Latos could have had a World Series ring, even though his 6.66 ERA with the Dodgers (no, seriously) got him released before the postseason. The Dodgers don’t have to worry about that, though. Considering that they have been eliminated.

Congratulations to literally anybody else.