Too Many Beers in Canada

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 15, 2015

So yesterday we learned that Canadians shouldn’t be allowed to drink at baseball games. Seriously, how many Molson Golden’s do you have to fire down before you decide it’s a good idea to trash your field over a call you were wrong about in the first place? Bautista didn’t do much to kill the fire with that ridiculous bat flip. It was actually a bat throw. Encarnacion should be commended for how he tried to restore order. Whatever, if I was looking for a reason to root against Toronto, I found one…..

Bummed to be missing the Met game tonight (will listen to some of it at the tailgate on the radio) but I’ll be at the Stanford/UCLA game. Huge, huge game for the Cardinal tonight. I’m really excited to see Josh Rosen live. Blitz the shit out of him the way ASU did, that seems the best way to go. He’s a huge talent but he’s young and he was clearly rattled in the game they just lost at home to ASU……

1. sfsarge said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:24 am

I liked the bat flip, it fit the moment. The fans were ridiculous for throwing all that beer, that was classless and speaks very poorly for the fan base up there.

• Flavor said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:31 am

I’m not one to frown on a good bat flip but with a drunk fan base already seething I would argue that it didn’t fit the moment. The moment called for something more like what Encarnacion did. There was legitimate player safely issues on the field yesterday. Mob mentality didn’t need much to spill over the top and when you launch your bat 20 feet in the air, to me, that was over the top (for the moment). Just my opinion tho

• sfsarge said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:18 am

I didn’t see it live, I’m going by the recap they did on the mlb network, but I think the bat flip (toss) made it about baseball again. On the other hand, Encarnacion was also right to try to get people to stop throwing stuff.

2. Bozo said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:32 am

Rebirth in Raleigh tonight, so won’t catch any of the game. Rebirth brings the party, I hope the Mets bring their own party to LA.

3. eddacker said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:34 am

Maybe throwing beer, in Canada, is a cultural thing? Like bowing in Japan or saluting in Russia or the ‘thumbs down’ in our own culture.
    😉

4. willedav said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:08 am

enjoy flav. This is where Cards could take over the league. Run table maybe they get into the Big One.
    I think Jenkins is right tho–Thursday night game is the shits. Cards already play too many night games; Saturday is bad enough but just no reason to be doing this.
    If this was 1 PM Saturday stadium could be filled and loud, extra opp to rattle kid QB.

5. xoot said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:14 am

very undisciplined and uninspired protest from the Toronto fans. Compare it to Kansas City Chiefs fans in 1987 aiming baseballs at Bo Jackson’s LA Raiders helmet and shoulder pads as he passed below them, headed for the tunnel. Of course, some baseballs ended up on the field, as I recall, but still . . . .

• sfsarge said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:20 am

Yup, bush league all the way.

6. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:19 am

That camera shot of the Toronto dugout after the big HR was cool. Players going crazy, the joy of advancing in the playoffs. We know that feeling well. 🙂 It’s an awesome thing.

7. willedav said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:22 am

Loo, re: Cuellar. I do not remember him with Cards of ’64, only Houston.
    What an unsung hero type. Once he got into Balt rotation everything took off. Who was pitching coach of that famous group? Relievers were good too as I remember.
    According to B/R: ’69-’71 never threw less than 290 innings.
    ’74, at age 37, 38 starts 20 complete games 269 innings. wins 22, 4 th time over 20.

Just don’t build ’em like that any more…no idea why tho.

• djloo27 said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:03 am

Real sure it was George Bamberger. Trusting my memory on this one…

• Carstie Clausen said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:19 am

Country boys, for the most part. Used to hard work and long hours. You do know that more than half the American people live in nowhere land ~ the suburbs. No there there. Nothing to meld the body, mind and soul except various forms of artificial exercise that is meaningless in terms of actual work accomplished.

8. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:37 am

The happiest person on the planet is Russell Martin. His huge and goofy error becomes a minor footnote.

9. chipower9 said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:33 am

Dammit – Cinderella lost her shoe! The Stros just could not close the deal against the KC Republitards, and there went my dream world series out the window. And with that, I lost most of my interest in the outcome of the junior circuit championship, but with the reasons Flavor mentions, I will be pulling for the Republitards. And I would not be surprised if next year Bautista takes one in the ear hole first time the Jays play the Rangers.

Still hoping for the Mets to beat the odds and hang a loss on DTT and his bumbinos. Regardless, half of my Cinderella world series is still intact with the Cubbies remaining in the dance.

I have always had a soft spot for the Mets. Maybe it is the fact that they are the Phoenix that rose from the ashes of the Giants and Bums abandonment of NYC. But if it is the Mets and Cubs in the senior circuit championship, I am still pulling for the Cubbies (they have always been one of my favorite NL teams outside of our Giants).

I was like many Flappers in that I was not sure how much of the postseason I would watch, but I have really enjoyed most of it so far. Hey, at the end of the day it is still baseball…the best damned team sport on the planet. GO METS!

10. Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:55 am

The Cespedes bat flip in Game 3 was pretty cool, and certainly more joyful than Bautista’s angry chuck.

11. xoot said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:06 am

The geniuses on 95.7 this morning blamed the rangers’ defensive gaffes and loss of focus on the insane and loud Toronto crowd.

12. djloo27 said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:33 am

Canada in general amazes me. I know next to nothing about politics and world events, but it’s like they exist in a bubble. Were they ever in a war?

They sure know how to riot, though. They almost destroyed Montreal after an abbreviated Guns ‘N Roses concert…

• zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 12:04 pm

They sent soldiers over during WWII; I’m not sure about WWI.
      They had a little involvement in the War of 1812. The U.S. gave a minor thought about taking some of British-controlled Canada.
      The story of Canada’s relationship with Britain is pretty boring, other than the story of how some of the French-Canadians left because they refused to become British-ized, and became the Cajuns in Lousiana.

13. alleykat69 said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:40 am

Winner move on game tonight!
    For the Mets, I just want to see 4 pitchers tops if needed, DeGrom, Syndergard, Harvey, and Familia. If they can’t get it done with those 4 then they don’t deserve to move on!

14. Lurker John said, on October 15, 2015 at 1:13 pm

I agree about Bautista’s over-the-top bat flip and the beer-throwing fans, but that was a huge moment and a epic homer. I’ve always kind of liked the Blue Jays and I like watching Bautista hit, so I’m behind the Jays all the way, though I think the Royals may well win the series. They play way up in Toronto and often get overlooked when talking about baseball, but they have a solid franchise in addition to two W.S. wins. They also draw really well in Seattle due to being, according to one fan, the only MLB team in Canada.

Pulling for the Mets, but the dog-ears win going away. Going to a Cardinal-Bruins game sounds like a better time than watching baseball on TV.

15. Lurker John said, on October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm

The Ranger’s choke-job last night was the biggest I can remember in the playoffs. Three huge fielding gaffes, none of which came on difficult plays, killed them and I think taking Cole Hamels out of the game was a big mistake by Bannister. Pitch count? He was at 112 pitches and he’s their best starter. That’s who I want facing the slugging Bautista. He can rest in the off-season. The Rangers have had some tough times in the playoffs over the years, but this one takes the cake.

• chipower9 said, on October 15, 2015 at 1:19 pm

I don’t know…Houston’s melt-down the other night was pretty monumental.

16. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Turner has that big leg kick; it seems like pitchers should be able to get him off-balance more, but they don’t. He times that well, somehow. I notice teams are trying to jam him inside, but he’s raking doubles down the leftfield line. The Giants hit him twice, trying to jam him inside. Teams might need to go back to more stuff away from him, and try to limit him to singles. Stay out of his power area. He’s got a nice stroke going these past couple of seasons, and just keep him in the ballpark. He’s the clean-up hitter now, so just focus on keeping his power numbers down. Try not to give out walks, also. Syndergaard’s 4 walks were a killer. 2 of them to Kike Hernandez, which is just brutal. You have to make that guy hit his way on. Same with A.J. Ellis. Make them earn firstbase with a hit.

17. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 5:38 pm

These Mets starting pitchers throw some good heat, but their secondary pitches still need work.

18. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:10 pm

2 hits for Turner off curveballs.

19. xoot said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:17 pm

heyyyzeus christo, can you imagine a Giants player screaming at Bochy in the dugout on nat’l tv during a PS game?

20. djloo27 said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Best thing about watching baseball on TBS is not being distracted by a constant annoying “crawl” on the bottom of the screen…

• Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:41 pm

It really has outlived its usefulness given that people can use smart phones and such to find what they want. But back around the 90s, that damn crawl was my primary source for getting updated Giants scores.

• djloo27 said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:56 pm

On the money as always, Mac…

21. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Mets literally stole a run.

• Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:31 pm

All the more amazing because Murphy is usually the dumbest of baserunners.

22. gianthead said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:29 pm

What a bunch of idiot Dodger fans…they are cheering Ethier catching a foul ball for an out as the run scores….

23. djloo27 said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Collins doesn’t know the score is tied…

24. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:43 pm

That curveball to Seager was deGrom’s best off-speed pitch of the night so far. It had bite to it. Maybe he’s loosening up now and finding his stuff.

25. alleykat69 said, on October 15, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Total bush league attempt by Conforti in LF. Shades of Pat Burrel out there.

• Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:03 pm

For Mets fans, more like Michael Cuddyer.

26. Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Murphy and Turner reminds of Clark and Grace in ’89.

27. djloo27 said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Murphy….supposedly the guy they can’t wait to unload.

28. alleykat69 said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Daniel Murphy your my new hero!
    Dog hair killer!

• blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:16 pm

I wish I had a frickin’ live feed (using gamecast). Sounds like a taut game from comments here.

29. djloo27 said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Murphy and Cespedes could both be Yankees next year…

30. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Duda sucks.

31. alleykat69 said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Power gas arms the rest of the way for the Mets!
    My 11:40 post is the way to go to finish off the dogpile and advance…

• zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Sounds good!

• blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Agree AK . . . don’t fuck around with long relief/retreads.

• blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:48 pm

You nailed it.

32. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Nice shutdown inning.

• zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:21 pm

The ball off Greinke’s bat skeered me, though.

33. gianthead said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:28 pm

You’ve gotta love grinders like Daniel Murphy….

34. blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:29 pm

Insurance would be nice here.

35. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:36 pm

9 outs, come on, Mets.

36. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Syndergaard looked better there than in game 2.

37. blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Avilan? Hatcher? Mets need to nail one of these stiffs.

38. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:53 pm

This series has put me off Cespedes.

39. Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:55 pm

I hope Collins is right, but I would’ve left in Syndergaard.

• zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Yeah, the change was a surprise to me.

40. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Woooh. Familia gave up some hard-hit at’em balls that inning.

41. xoot said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:03 pm

white “rally” rags are weak, surrenderish. I don’t care much for that stuff at all. I have an orange rag from game 5 last year on the shelf here, but I put it in my pocket at the gate. Well, at least we haven’t seen any beach balls tonight.

• Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:07 pm

I saw a soccer-beach ball a few innings ago.

• xoot said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:12 pm

wtf is a soccer beach ball?

• Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:18 pm

An inflatable soccer ball.

• xoot said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:05 pm

oh. I didn’t see one of those on the field. I have seen dodger fans try to get beach ball bouncing going at China Basin. Someone always has a blade to stop that quick. I’ve never seen the issue develop further. Giants!

• blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Beach ball line = line of the day. Nice!

42. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Duda really sucks.

43. alleykat69 said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Can’t ask for a better setup now for the Mets after an easy no-stress inning for Familia!
    Let’s end this shit, and keep the Dogpile where they belong “Down and out in Compton”

44. xoot said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:10 pm

NL baseball

45. snarkk said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Let’s go Mets.
    One run is a slim lead with these Doghair cockroaches in the 9th at the Latrine…

46. Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Lost Again. #0since88

47. xoot said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:21 pm

FUCK YEAH!

48. chipower9 said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Great game! Congrats Mets! SEE YA, bums!

49. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:21 pm

50. blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Well, this series was easily my consolation (or substitute?) World Series. Nice job Mets! Hahaha Bums . . . enjoy your winter.

51. alleykat69 said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Oh hell yes!!!
    Nothing better then watching a bunch of whining Dodgers fans be beaten down to a pulp!!
    Congrats Mets!!
    Way to go with my Heater Staff to get to the championship series!

• alleykat69 said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Pretty cool watching Collins high 5 the Mets fan!
      He was fired up to the max..
      Time to party on all-night long New York..

52. Lurker John said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Congrats to the Mets!

53. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Congrats to the Mets! I had them dead and buried at the end of game 4.
    My bad. They came up huge.

• Lurker John said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Me too zummie. Glad to admit I was wrong.

54. Lurker John said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:26 pm

2-step just might be OUTTA THERE! All that talent, all that dough and the dog-ears just can’t figure it out. lol

55. snarkk said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Cue zumiee with the best of the Doghair blogs. This should be good…

56. blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Just my take – Dodgers window is closed or very close to it, especially if they don’t sign/replace Greinke. Poor bullpen (again), shitty, no account in the clutch position players spells major overhaul IMO.

• Carstie Clausen said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Adrian Gonzalez came through for them huge this year. Dude is getting up there ~ and on the bathroom scale too. Crawford is cooked. Ellis ain’t much. Dogs made their pile mostly by beating up on NLW teams not named the Giants. They also did well against other divisional also-rans. Vs the better squads, not so hot.

• blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Agree with everything you said Stix.

• chipower9 said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:51 pm

LMAO….Major overhaul required and you have that huge ass payroll.

57. gianthead said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:30 pm

That was probably the most excited I have ever been in a baseball playoff game not featuring the Giants…..hahaha F the Floggers…..sweet!!!!

58. Carstie Clausen said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:32 pm

NICE !!!!!! So the stumble bumbos collapse again. All that money down the big swirly. So both Greinke and Kershybar lost a game to the Mutts. Gotta love it. That loss probably cost Greinke a cool $30 mill in his upcoming contract with whomever. “Who cares so much for money, money can’t buy you love” ~ or a real team.

• gianthead said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:59 pm

I think Greinke is still getting his $150 million…and hopefully getting the hell out of LA….

• blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Yeah, no way, no how, was this Greinke’s fault. Along with Turner, they were really the only 2 players that showed up in this series. Greinke gets paid big time – as GH said – the only question is which team?

59. gianthead said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:34 pm

I used to say in the 90s and 2000s that any year the Hel-LA Floggers did not win a world series was a winning year for the Giants. So that makes 27 years you LA Floggers…

60. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:37 pm

The Dodgers’ fun off-season begins….

I’m sick of “we’ll get ’em next year”
    I’M JUST SICK OF IT

by Chiefsdodgerslakers2415 on Oct 15, 2015 | 8:23 PM up reply

#firemattingly

by Alex562 on Oct 15, 2015 | 8:23 PM reply

#FireMcGwire

by Chiefsdodgerslakers2415 on Oct 15, 2015 | 8:24 PM up reply

61. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:39 pm

What a horrible AB by Kendrick at the end. Man, just horrible.

62. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:45 pm

More Dodger blog:

I cried last year
    and the year before.

Not this year.

All too similar shit.

by Chiefsdodgerslakers2415 on Oct 15, 2015 | 8:32 PM up reply

Hell, I’m 29 and I’m crying, but I’ll cry at pretty much anything so take that for what it’s worth.

by Catherine the Blue on Oct 15, 2015 | 8:33 PM up reply

I’m 41 and I had my tear ducts removed along with my heart. I do think there’s some gin leaking from my eyes, though.

by Humma Kavula on Oct 15, 2015 | 8:34 PM up reply

Better put a glass in front of your face. Can’t let it go to waste.

by Rob88 on Oct 15, 2015 | 8:35 PM up reply

63. xoot said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:47 pm

If you’re going to employ the shift, and of course every team employs it now, then you need to have a plan to cover the abandoned bases. Smart lleague players take 3B the way Murphy did tonight. The buck stops where? Mattingly is toast in LA.

64. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:51 pm

27 years. Embarrassing

by agar2515 on Oct 15, 2015 | 8:27 PM up reply

65. blade3colorado said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Bums self destructed in this game. I think they were 0 for 11 RISP; brain dead move leaving 3rd base open for Murphy; and Ethier meltdown in the dugout with Donnie Baseball was the icing on the cake.

66. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 8:57 pm

I can’t believe we lost a game on defensive indifference!

by MJ on October 15, 2015

67. djloo27 said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Not feeling the excitement personally.
    As a confirmed Met-hater it’s just the lesser of 2 evils.
    And not a peep outside in the street.
    No firecrackers, honking horns, banging pots and pans.
    They don’t play much baseball in Brooklyn anymore.
    Or speak much English. Most people here probably think Ron Swoboda is some kind of appetizer.

• Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Maybe it’s still a Dodger town.

68. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:27 pm

I think Donnie would have been fired anyway after losing the series, but now for sure with Ethier’s tirade at him in the dugout. It just really makes Mattingly look weak. Can you imagine Bochy putting up with a tirade like that? No way. I remember Bochy walking by a player in the dugout one time who said something Bochy didn’t like, and Bochy immediately backtracked to the guy and got right into the player’s grill about it, and the player quietly listened and took it.

• djloo27 said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Dodgers should give Willie Randolph a shot…

69. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Don’t know how we lost this game, but throw this team into the garbage pile of the Dodger teams before them.

by Berryberrygoodtome on Oct 15, 2015 | 8:22 PM reply

Absolutely fucking embarrassing.

by NowhereMan11 on Oct 15, 2015 | 8:22 PM up reply

70. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:37 pm

what happened to win for Vin?

Assholes let him down

by Alexp11 on Oct 15, 2015 | 9:18 PM reply

71. Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:47 pm

Meanwhile on the Farm, an incredible TD catch just now by Stanford WR Owusu on a flea-flicker.

72. chipower9 said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:48 pm

What a wild ass TD catch by Stanford. If you did not see it, it will make the highlight reels!

73. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:53 pm

I’m feeling pretty footloose and fancy-free about the playoffs now. I have absolutely no problem with any of the 4 teams left winning it all.

74. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 9:58 pm

I feel like I did after Jack Clark in 85. punch to the gut.

by Bruins095 on Oct 15, 2015 | 9:28 PM up reply

75. Macdog said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Haha, Dodgers fans won’t get much consolation watching UCLA.

76. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:14 pm

bobbie17 says:
    October 15, 2015 at 11:46 pm

This last game was played like too many during the season. The offense is horrible. I lay blame on Puig for not providing the production needed during the year and now in the playoffs. I know he didn’t play much in the post season but there was a reason for that. In second place was the virtual zero put up by the rookies, especially Pederson. That combination of offensive ineptitude doomed this team. If Puig had done his job with the expected 600 at bats and 90 rbi’s, we would still be playing. Next season if we rely on him again, we won’t get this far. What a shame to have those 2 pitchers to have to pitch with so little offensive production. Terrible. Would we have won this series with Kemp in the outfield? When he was let go, it was 66 primarily that was needed to fill that offensive spot. Look what we got.

77. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Badger says:
    October 15, 2015 at 10:27 pm

This is one sorry collection of talent put together by a group of knuckleheads that don’t know wtf they are doing.
    I’m sick of this crap.

78. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:48 pm

whether or not they were good, they were largely a bore to watch outside of Kershaw/Greinke games.

by OB12 on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:14 PM up reply

Especially after they stopped scoring 6 runs a game sometime in May.

by Rob88 on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:15 PM up reply

79. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:54 pm

BluESQ 28 minutes ago

Kemp ended up with100 RBI and Dee had highest avg and # hits and fast as fuck. Shit might have been useful

80. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 10:57 pm

Still my favorite stat-
    World Series championships:
    Giants- 8
    Dodgers- 6

81. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Rob Lowe, on Twitter:

@RobLowe
    The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. Fire Mattingly. #Dodgers #MLBPlayoffs
    8:23 PM – 15 Oct 2015

82. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Wouldn’t matter to me if they keep or fire him.
    Unless we want to emulate the Giants and hire the ex Padre manager and make him a HOF manager. I’m not sure that is a repeatable skill.

by meercatjohn on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:54 PM up reply

83. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:16 pm

hindsight is 20/20
    Jimmy Rollins would’ve covered 3rd.

by NYAsFan on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:40 PM reply

I was thinking the same thing.
    Inexperience cost us on that play.

by gordyloc on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:43 PM up reply

i rock back and forth in my
    tight fitting straitjacket
    staring at inanimate objects

by Alexp11 on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:44 PM up reply

84. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Can only do so much with what you have
    Not his fault he had to choose between a giant douche and a turdsandwich in game 3, what a crapshoot

by ScruffnChuff on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:49 PM reply

85. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:34 pm

replacement talk
    maddon is on to the next round while the dodgers go home, its something the front office guys may think over as the off season goes on. this offseason could be tougher. its not easy to fix things now. cant just dump guys like hanley and kemp. its about hoping the current guys dont play like trash. hope puig gets healthy and remembers how to play baseball. hope joc isnt a bust. hope grandal’s shoulder isnt mush and he becomes a singles hitter like agon and kemp did after theirs. hope they can build a rotation that doesnt fall apart immediately. etc. hope agon isnt on the decline as father time comes knocking. oh yeah and greinke doesnt pack his bags. i fear we could be in another offseason of “future moves” where you say yeah thats a good deal or good value but it doesnt help now.
    waiting since 88 so the fans will hate it

by ClayDavis on Oct 15, 2015 | 10:47 PM reply

86. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:46 pm

deblue 49 minutes ago

So..hightlight of year: defeating Giants to win division.

Ak88 44 minutes ago

Yeah just like last year

87. zumiee said, on October 15, 2015 at 11:58 pm

Grant Brisbee:

The Los Angeles Dodgers, for the 27th consecutive season, will not win the World Series. Sources close to the organization have confirmed that the Dodgers have lost a postseason series again, ending their season.

“I … I just don’t understand it. Every year. Every damned year. We have all this talent, and then … nothing. It might be me, maybe they’re right. I might be the problem,” Don Mattingly might have said after the game, we’re not sure. “You think it can’t hurt more, and then it does. It really, really does.”

The Dodgers entered the season as one of the favorites to win 11 out of 19 possible postseason games, but they could not, dropping three out of their first five, again.

According to Baseball-Reference.com, Clayton Kershaw pitched extremely well in the series, but he still hasn’t pitched in a World Series. Technically, he’s allowed one fewer run in the World Series than Madison Bumgarner, so there are still positives to sort through.

“Hey, I gotta tell you, this team doesn’t have the heart or the fire like the Dodgers I remember, you know, the guys from when men were men, I gotta say, these guys need to spend some time with Steve Yeager and Burt Hooton, real players, maybe they’ll pick up what they need to, I don’t know, get the hell away from me, get that microphone away from me,” Tommy Lasorda might have said, I mean it’s just a guess. “Rick Monday oughta bite some of these kids, maybe infect them with whatever the hell he had, now get away, go on, I’m serious.”

Sources close to Lasorda confirm that he is really, really sad.

Here are some of the Dodgers who did not win the World Series in 2015:

Yasmani Grandal
    Adrian Gonzalez
    Zack Greinke
    Justin Turner
    Andre Ethier
    Chase Utley
    Joc Pederson
    Andre Ethier
    Chase Utley

Mat Latos could have had a World Series ring, even though his 6.66 ERA with the Dodgers (no, seriously) got him released before the postseason. The Dodgers don’t have to worry about that, though. Considering that they have been eliminated.

Congratulations to literally anybody else.