No New News

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 2, 2015

Anyone see anything new? I’m busy but some quick scans of the internet are not yielding anything new or interesting.

Post below if you have heard or seen anything.

1. zumiee said, on December 2, 2015 at 11:19 am

Not news; but I’m guessing Greinke wants a 6th year on his deal, and both the Giants and Dodgers are balking on that so far. Greinke probably wants 6 years/195 million or so, and the 2 teams are probably offering in the 5 years/160 million range.

2. Flavor said, on December 2, 2015 at 11:23 am

Samarg says he has a 100 million dollar deal on the table. I mean, fuck that, right?

• zumiee said, on December 2, 2015 at 11:35 am

Yeah, the other team can have him at that price.

• chipower9 said, on December 2, 2015 at 11:55 am

Yes, FUCK THAT.

3. chipower9 said, on December 2, 2015 at 11:56 am

Beside crickets chirping…this about sums it up right now…

4. Bozo said, on December 2, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Maybe the Giants are just waiting to see who is available with the non-tender deadline tonight. Or maybe they are the team offering up $100 M for Samardzija?
    Whatever, they still need to subtract before they can add.

5. alleykat69 said, on December 2, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Under the radar, but the Giants added Grant Green former A’s #1 pick(Shortstop) but can play all the infield plus OF ..
    Maybe just added depth, maybe a trade developing?

• alleykat69 said, on December 2, 2015 at 2:54 pm

On second thought maybe Grant Green is the replacement player for Gary Brown to rub Hunter Pence’s head during ST…

• zumiee said, on December 2, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Gary Brown’s big contribution to a World Series championship:

6. Flavor said, on December 2, 2015 at 4:42 pm

saddened, again, by insanity in society. So tired of this shit. And it will never end.

7. Flavor said, on December 2, 2015 at 5:14 pm

and then I get to watch Del Curry get honored at halftime and Steph take part in the ceremony with his entire family. Everyone on the court is smiling, I am too. Sports is very good medicine……..

8. xoot said, on December 2, 2015 at 5:47 pm

one headline writer finally summed it up: Is Greinke Worth $1 Million Per Start?

• Flavor said, on December 2, 2015 at 5:48 pm

if he stays healthy, sure.

• xoot said, on December 2, 2015 at 8:21 pm

over 6, 7 years? No. Even healthy, chances are he’ll tank, probably in the later years. The market in the parallel universe of baseball is unbalanced. The antitrust exemption, the 3/6-year control rule and FA absurdly skew the contracts. I don’t think I can root for a guy who parachuted in via FA and who’s getting paid a million bucks to start a regular season game in May. Cain, Lincecum and Bumgarner started earning their Giant salaries the moments they got drafted. Entirely different. (Bonds? Well, he came home and stayed to the end of his career.) The FA market is fucking alienating.

9. Flavor said, on December 2, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Curry just had a 28 point 3rd Q the night they honor his dad at halftime. Wow.

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 2, 2015 at 6:29 pm

I’m on your Warriors bandwagon. Yup.

• blade3colorado said, on December 2, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Pawlie, in answer to your question from yesterday’s blog – Just got back today. I’ve been awake for 50 plus hours, with intermittent naps . . . Layover in Tokyo for 10 hours, but fortunately, Narita Airport is nice with plenty of sleep/nap options.

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 3, 2015 at 4:56 am

welcome home, Blade

10. willedav said, on December 2, 2015 at 7:34 pm

Loo, the guy I first remember hearing about with the nickname “eyechart” was Doug Gwosdz of old Padres.
    I couldn’t find him earlier on B/R because I couldn’t remember how to spell his name.

Did you have another earlier guy?

• djloo27 said, on December 2, 2015 at 11:18 pm

That’s the guy, Willie…

11. snarkk said, on December 2, 2015 at 8:12 pm

I was in Phoenix the past few days. Went to the old town Scottsdale at night — he place was dead. Hardly anybody in the restaurants and bars. The Pink Pony– there was nobody, literally not one body in it at 8 pm on Monday night. Drive by the Guants stadium — I’m hoping I can arrange a ST trip this year- anybody have plans?

12. snarkk said, on December 2, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Dubs are so good, I’d just cut the season to 40 games and start the playoffs. Barring injuries, they should cruise to a second title….

13. blade3colorado said, on December 3, 2015 at 5:20 am

Loo, our potential #5 starter, Yusmeiro Petit, was not offered a contract by the Giants for next season and became a free agent.

Holy “hole in the pitching rotation” Batman! We need pitching! 🙂