Was Mike Leake a Dream?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 23, 2015

Last year there was a funny running joke about the *Lollogram*. I actually can’t even remember that outfielder’s real name.

I feel kinda the same way about Mike Leake. It’s like he wasn’t ever even here–more like a rumor of a guy we almost got. I remember his hammy problem that lingered. And I remember a sweet outing that he produced AFTER we got eliminated from contention. I think I even predicted the morning of that game that he would be lights out because there’s nothing left to play for….

Anyway, 80 mil and 5 years. Good luck St Louis. At least with all that new found coin you would THINK the department stores near the stadium would be safe from his pilfering.

But might wanna keep an eye him just in case…….

1. chipower9 said, on December 23, 2015 at 8:38 am

I was one of the few who wanted to see Leake return, but am very happy with the way things shook out. Looking back on it all your thread is totally accurate, IMO, Flav.

This from the last thread…

I know a few of you have said you do not expect to see the Giants get an OFer, and I have said I do not think they are done, and will do so. Here is a read on that topic from Bobby Evans…apologies if this has already been shared.

When he talks “flexibility” it makes me think someone along the lines of Parra, who can play all OF positions and lead-off.

Also, if the Giants do not make a move for an OFer, with Crazy Horse being a FA next year, the Giants would have two slots to fill. It makes sense to get an OFer now, and only have one slot to worry about next year, IMO.

I still predict our boys inking an OFer. Any wagers?

• Carstie Clausen said, on December 23, 2015 at 8:49 am

Currently there appear to be quality outfielders looking for a new home as well as several who are passable or a bit beneath that level. At the same time there are now only a relative handful of teams jonesing for help out in the pasture. And as you note, Chi, referencing Evans, the Giants maintain some level of “flexibility”. Chances of an addition at minimally the Parra level are looking better by the day. Christmas is but hours away and New Year’s a mere week from that date.

Who knows, maybe even a Cespedes would not look unkindly at a mutual option 2-year deal at a dollar level a stage higher per rata than he might get for a longer stretch.

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 8:56 am

I’m sure they’ll pick up an outfielder. It just won’t be a big stick. It’ll be more of a “Parra” and I’m not against that, he would be a nice fit. But I don’t think there’s going to be a Cespy or Gordon signing. Fowler might be the best hope frankly. But unlikely.

• chipower9 said, on December 23, 2015 at 9:02 am

I think the only “big stick” they may sign is Cespedes. I have seen a couple of “experts” say they think the Giants are the odds-on faves to sign him. But we know how it goes with those experts… 😉

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 9:30 am

twitter has ruined the hot stove season. There are very few credible rumors anymore–just a shitload of news media trying to pick up a bunch of followers–throw out a bunch of shit, get followers, who cares if it’s true, right? The only guys I listen to that have even a shred of credibility with me are Rosenthal and Heyman. They seem to always pick up news the quickest and it’s always the most reliable and they tweet it out seemingly before it happens.

2. giants54 said, on December 23, 2015 at 9:41 am

Yeah too many BS rumors. Idiots will say anything. I will be shocked if they signed Cespedes. And Parra is just a slightly better Blanco. And for 4 yrs? Feck no. Fowler sucks def. So…..Evans needs to trade some pitching prospects, IMO. Forget the FA’s. They are all overpriced.

• chipower9 said, on December 23, 2015 at 10:17 am

I agree with both you and Flav on too many BS rumors…

But even if you start Blanco (which I do not support…I think he is best suited as a 4th and Evans said as much, too), you still have holes to fill, and I do not think either Williamson or Parker are ready to start everyday.

And Evans said they are open to FAs and trades: “The GM says that the Giants will be open to exploring both the free agent market and the trade market for ways to make the team better…”.

I really do not care which way they go, as long as a trade does not severely mortgage the future.

And I beg to differ on Parra. He has been a proven starter who has played all OF positions, and hit lead-off, too (a position in which Blanco was not very good). While he resembles Blanco, Parra’s numbers as a starter are better than his numbers as a sub. The opposite is true re: Blanco. His numbers are better when he was a sub as opposed to games in which he started.

And I do not see Parra as being “overpriced.” Over the past three years his salary was:

2013 – 2.3 mil
      2014 – 4.8 mil
      2015 – 6.2 mil

Even with a bump in salary to sign him, he still will not cost that much, esp. for a proven starter, and again, one who plays all three OF positions and can hit lead-off.

What are your suggestions? Do you have a proposed trade package of pitching prospects for a specific OFer?

• Bozo said, on December 23, 2015 at 2:57 pm

I think you are right about a trade, G54. The 40 man roster is packed, so unless they cut Ehire or one of the pitchers that they protected from the Rule 5, they have to trade.

3. giants54 said, on December 23, 2015 at 9:46 am

And as Rosenthal says…finding a RH hitting platoon guy seems the logical way to go. Let yr with Aoli, they duplicated Blanco left themselves short of RH options against LHP.

4. giants54 said, on December 23, 2015 at 9:54 am

Gotta be frustrating if you’re a Mets fan. Financially strapped, offensively challenged…. They are going with Aza? Ugh.

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 11:20 am

Loo loved that dude. Now he and buzz Saw, if he ever appears again, can go watch him in person. I think if you get an outfielder bleacher seat you could see good enough into the dugout to see him clearly. 🙂

5. gianthead said, on December 23, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Gigantes have taken two big steps forward and a decent left-fielder may fall in our laps. Sign Gordon for a cheap under market 4 years $60 mill tops deal and give him an Opt-out and if he produces big time first year we get that production and hopefully a playoff run and he takes a walk for more money. Win-win.

DOUCHEBACKS have taken a step forward and Dodgers, Cards and Nats have taken two big steps backward so far. A decent left-fielder puts us in the driver’s seat for 2016….4X6!!!!

I think the organization has learned a big lesson. Last year they sat waiting for James Shields. Once he finally decided, the market was pretty limited. This year once Greinke signed, the organization quickly acted.

They should know they have the leverage with free agents. Dont let the free agents have or think they have leverage. If you want to win, you come to SF! PERIOD!

• gianthead said, on December 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Parra at 3 years $37.5 would be even better IMO…4 for $45…

6. chipower9 said, on December 23, 2015 at 12:36 pm

In regards to Leake, WillieD mentioned towards the end of the last thread about a discussion of Leake vs. SamJ. Here is the link for that article.

Personally, I would take SamJ all day every day, and twice on Sunday over Leake.

• gianthead said, on December 23, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Without question….Smardijam is the best deal so far this off-season and I got the feeling he did not want to play any place else…so I am thrilled to have him. If Cain comes out figuring out his “new” arm and is facing a lot other #4s, he may be fairly dominant….

• ewisco said, on December 23, 2015 at 12:49 pm

who he’s facing in the 4 slot will have nothing to do with his era, which will have a LOT to do with his success. I sure hope he can get it back to low 3. 2 something would be better but . . .

7. xoot said, on December 23, 2015 at 12:51 pm

S-dzija apparently liked his time in Oakland only because he liked the Bay Area. Wasn’t there something published a week back or so about Cespedes hating the Bay Area because he hated the a’s, the team and FO?

8. Macdog said, on December 23, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Tigers sign Nate Schierholtz to minor-league deal. I didn’t know Nate played in Japan last year.

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 3:15 pm

10 bombs, .250 average in 65 games. Would have thought he could have done better than that.

9. Bozo said, on December 23, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Mike Leake we hardly knew ye, and I’m OK with that.

10. zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Dodgers are taking a long look at a Japanese starting pitcher. Roll those dice.

11. zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 4:17 pm

While driving, I turned on KNBR for the first time in a few days today. I’m greeted with 30 seconds of Ray Ratto. I’m done. Click. Back to music.

12. zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Hey, maybe Ratto’s actually good for their ratings in a kind of Trump “hate-listen” way. People tune in just to hate Ratto. I don’t get that. I’m not into hate-listening. I did hate-watch a couple of seasons of “Under the Dome,” just because the show was so unintentionally funny.

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 4:50 pm

I don’t get it either. I listen to A LOT of KNBR talk show radio. Ratto isn’t funny. He’s not witty (at least, not as witty as he thinks he is), he’s not controversial. He’s just kind of a grouchy dick. But not in a *Pete Franklin* or “Ralph Barbieri” kind of way. He’s constantly wrong and when he does take a big stance on something, Tolbert routinely smacks him down. Maybe he’s just there to be Tolbert’s whipping boy?
      Good example of what a dumbass he is: Back when Lebron came out and said he hated the jersey’s with sleeves and then the next day seemed to retract his comments, Ratto said the league “paid Lebron off” to back off his criticism of the jerseys. Tolbert was like, “are you kidding me? What did the league do, send him a suitcase filled with unmarked bills? Lebron just didn’t want to deal with questions about it so he softened his stance.” Ratto was adamant that he was paid off. Yeah, the dude who has more money than anyone took a handful of bills from the NBA to stay quiet about sleeves. Idiot.
      He’s also the guy who thought the freaking grounds keepers in Chicago were “in on it” the night of the tarp snafu. He was agreeing with Krukow on that. Tolbert shot him down on that too……

• zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:10 pm

That was a low point for Krukow. Yeah, a bunch of guys who need to put food on their family’s tables, risked getting fired by the league, to try to help the Cubs win a basically meaningless regular season game, by intentionally looking like idiots messing up on the tarp, because winning that game was worth risking their family’s livelihoods for. Krukow couldn’t have looked more tone-deaf on that. It’s been a long time since Krukow experienced living from paycheck to paycheck.

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:14 pm

and the fact that Ratto was staunchly supportive of this hair brained theory just showed him to be a complete buffoon. He’s not out of touch like Krukow, he probably lives paycheck to paycheck like all of us. But to buy in to such stupidity, for all the reasons you listed, was unreal. I can always tell when Tolbert finds something particularly idiotic spoken by Ratto. He pauses and then says a one liner that kinda sounds like a joke but isn’t. If Ratto keeps going with it, he hammers him. And Tolbert is no bright bulb, although I do like him. But Ratto can’t keep up with him. How dumb does that make Ratto?

• zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:21 pm

I’m a little perplexed why KNBR just didn’t allow Tolbert to keep being a solo act. I thought he was doing great solo. I had long ago tired of Ralph. And Tolbert’s a pretty solid interviewer, also.
        But with Ratto, I can’t listen to it.

• chipower9 said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:29 am

I will listen to Tolbert and Ratto (sometimes it is for a short duration) until I reach that break-point where I cannot take any more of Ratto’s lunacy (and voice).

• snarkk said, on December 23, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Ratto is like fingernails on a chalkboard. A verbal hemorrhoid. So, I also don’t get why he is employed by radio and TV stations. I saw him on a plane once. He looked about 5’7′ and 250 pounds…

• chipower9 said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:29 am

Ratto = Verbal Hemorrhoid. That’s money!

13. zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:12 pm

The Kings are ahead of the Pacers at the moment, which is cool, but I’m not getting the Indiana retro uniforms. They say “Hickory” on the front. Say what?

• zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Alright, from the inter-web:
      “The Indiana Pacers will wear their NBA Pride Hickory uniforms for 10 games this upcoming season, tipping off a season-long tribute to Indiana basketball as symbolized by the Academy Award–winning movie, Hoosiers.”

True confession: I’ve never seen the movie “Hoosiers.” I’m not actively avoiding the movie; I’ve just never gotten around to seeing it.

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:16 pm

tip: go see it. I’ve watched it 50 times and it gets better every time. And even though it was made in the 80’s it stands the test of time and then some

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:15 pm

that’s gotta just be a *Hoosiers* movie reference and if so I support that. Loved that movie.

• zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Yeah, I need to see that film. It’s pretty silly that I haven’t gotten around to watching it. I have a bad habit of missing sports movies.

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:29 pm

I’m not a huge sports movie guy. I mean, I loved the Rocky movies and I still need to go see Creed. And I loved Hoosiers and a couple of the baseball movies. But by and large, I don’t seek out sports movies. Truthfully, I’m not even that big of a movie guy but once I find one I like I seem to watch it many times. Gravity is the most recent one. I’ve seen Gravity 20 times at least.

• snarkk said, on December 23, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Hoosiers is just OK to me.
        Barbara Hershey and Hackman? Weird combo…

14. xoot said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:20 pm

I think Tolbert’s a smart guy, quick on his feet. I had to listen to the first half of a Warriors game on the car radio in traffic last week and the quality of the play by play impressed me. He’s not great on the Giants or a’s, but he does enough prep work to be good. Ratto is an effing joke, in print, on radio or on tv.

15. Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:27 pm

The only thing I don’t like about Tolbert is his incessant need to talk about shit he liked or did in his past. I don’t care about what bands he listened to in the 80’s or what video games he played or any of that stupid shit. But he constantly goes to it. He played NBA basketball and I respect his take on the game. And I think he knows his shit about baseball and football, at least enough to interest me. The other thing that’s gotten old is his obsession with talking about all the beers he drinks. But I do enjoy the segment he has with Bill Martin every week. Beer is a big theme but they make it work. Plus, Ratto shuts the fuck up for most of it. Bonus.

• sfsarge said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:43 pm

I don’t hate Ratto as much as you guys seem to, he and Tolbert are a much better listen than Damon Bruce. Tolbert needed a side kick, his silly rants about 80’s hair bands and Pliny just get old when that’s all there is. I can only take Ratto in small doses, but i cant think of anyone else tgat would pair better with Tolbert. When 95.7 had Eric Davis and Brandon Tierney I wouldn’t even listen to KNBR. All moot for me anyway, since I’ve been on my new job, my commute time is spent listening to my favorite hip hop and Hawaiian reggae on Spotify. On the rare occasions I do drive to work, I put my satellite radio subscription to use.

• zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Damon Bruce is a no-go for me, too. His radio personality grates on me. And in regular life, I’m almost sure he and I are opposites, politically. I’m guessing Bruce is a Fox News kind of guy. Radnich probably, too. And Fitzgerald.
        I was disappointed, but not surprised, to hear Grant Naphear (Kings broadcaster) talk about how he likes the Bill O’Reilly Show. I’m better off NOT knowing the political beliefs of people involved with my favorite teams. I don’t want to know the political beliefs of the Giants players or coaches. Although, I loved hearing Flannery talk about his admiration for Obama. 🙂

• xoot said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Flannery’s left-side activism wasn’t limited to the field. Great guy. Inspiring, really. He and Romo probably shared some political sympathies. Wonder who else on the team lodges on that wing?

• chipower9 said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:32 am

Agree on all points re: Tolbert…but I still will listen…

16. zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:31 pm

I loaded up on books on my latest trip to the library. There’s a new Joe Montana biography. Could be good. And a new Ty Cobb biography where the author attempts to rehabilitate Cobb’s image somewhat. The author believes the “take” on Cobb has become skewed over the years. I saw the author interviewed on the MLB Network.
    And a book about the grind of the baseball season, called, appropriately enough: “The Grind.”
    Also found the book Willie mentioned, by Gibson, called “Pitch by Pitch.”
    And the Jerry West autobiography, mentioned by Willie, also.
    And Paolo Bacigalupi’s latest novel, a sci/fi novel about climate change, called “The Water Knife.” I heard Paolo speak at the Bay Area Book Festival. Cool dude.

• giants54 said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Serious? Aruably Greatest Qb but I’ve zero interest in him personally.

• zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I can see that point, but I’m curious what the author will do with the story. I’m hoping for something better than just a hack re-telling of the story.

17. Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:32 pm

I ran into someone today who I hadn’t seen in nearly 30 years. Does that ever happen to you guys? Fun to talk to her for 20 minutes or so.

• zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:43 pm

It can be great, or kind of weird. Or both. The ones I wonder about the most, perhaps, are the women (or men) who were knock-out good-looking back in the day, but now are wrinkled and gray, often still nice-looking folks, but no longer automatically the star of the show when they walk in the room. What’s it like for them to lose that status? It must be hard for many of them to let that go.

• sfsarge said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:14 pm

When I see someone I haven’t seen in 20 plus years, it’s usually pretty boring because chances are they’re on Facebook and I know quite a bit about how they’re doing. But when they’re just a face that I remember and can’t place the name, then it can be pretty awkward.

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:24 pm

My dad took me and my sister and one of her friends to Hawaii back when I was 12 (sister and friend were 10). The friend was the woman I ran into today. She actually went to tiny Lewis and Clark College with me too and we became friends there. Haven’t seen her since, so maybe it was 25 years, not 30. Felt like 30. She looked the same, I spotted her across the Container Store and she noticed me too at the same time. It was great catching up with her…….

• sfsarge said, on December 23, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Those kinds of run-ins are fun.

18. zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:38 pm

I’ve been reading “The Secret Chord,” by Geraldine Brooks, an historical novel about King David of Israel, in a time period about 3,000 years ago. She’s a terrific writer. I’ve heard good things about her, and this is the first of her’s that I’ve read.

19. blade3colorado said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:46 pm

Where is Chasbo? Where is Chaswa?

. . . and yes, I want to know how you got these names.

• chipower9 said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:39 am

Pretty funny. Unca actually goes by Charlie and I go by Chuck.

One of his nicknames is Chasbo…one of mine is Chasmo.

• chipower9 said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:39 am

And you were right, Blade. I did respond to your FB post.

20. unca_chuck said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Hah! 1 is from one of my sisters, 2 from a particularly wasted weekend with a bunch of people tripping in oregon. Charlie by the bay was some dude from work 30 years ago

• blade3colorado said, on December 23, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Where is “The Creek” Chuck?

• chipower9 said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:38 am

My guess…Walnut Creek….

21. Paul Sorensen said, on December 23, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Craig, agree about Gravity, have also seen it about a dozen times. I first saw it at a cinema in Kunming, China, during one of my university stints there a couple of years ago. On Thanksgiving evening, with a lovely local friend of mine who also treated me to Korean bbq that night, trying to give me *some* semblance of something special on Thanksgiving in China. I think I was so desperate at that point near the end of Fall term and stuck in China and missing my life in Saigon that I would’ve loved seeing Bambi that night. But no, it was Gravity, and it touched me inside, so any time it’s on now, I watch it, and I’ve also streamed it here a few times since then. Was talking to my brother last time back and Gravity came on, and he said he hated that movie. I just looked at him, mouth agape….. no need to even talk about it, dude. I tend to be a sucker for films about survival and just staying alive. Shawshank, I’ve probably watched that 30 times. Hope. And now it’s Christmas Eve morning over here in Saigon, so I wish all Flappers in Flap Universe a lovely Christmas time…..

• blade3colorado said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Merry Christmas Paul . . . Hope you are well 🙂

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:14 pm

great post. Probably because I’ve also seen Shawshank that many times. 🙂 I really don’t watch that many movies, I swear. But I’ve got my stable. Let it Ride. Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Tommy Boy. The Pink Panther (Peter Sellers, not Steve Martin). Spinal Tap. All the Rocky movies, T1/T2 and First Blood. Hoosiers and Gravity and Shawshank and Pulp Fiction/Rez Dawgs. I mighta missed one or two but the movies I listed here are like the only ones I’ve seen multiple times.

• chipower9 said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:41 am

Merry Christmas, Paul. Hope life is good my friend.

22. zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:23 pm

In the bigger picture of sports, not many will care, but the Kings went into the Pacers’ building and defeated them tonight. 🙂

• Flavor said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:27 pm

I care, I started Cousins and Casspi in my daily teams today. 🙂

• zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Ha! The Kings will take any fans they can get, even very temporary ones. 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Had Cousins too and he came up big (although I wish the game would have gone into overtime).

23. zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Rondo is giving the Kings the best pointguard play they’ve had since Bibby.

• blade3colorado said, on December 23, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Surprised by that . . . I would have thought he was finished after last season.

24. zumiee said, on December 23, 2015 at 8:33 pm

And then….those ridiculously good Warriors. 🙂

• willedav said, on December 23, 2015 at 9:07 pm

lot of nice ball handling tonite to set up wide open looks, on break and in half court.
      Utah (short handed tonight?) not enough O to keep up even tho GS not hitting the 3s.
      This is without Barnes too—he comes back then GS goes back to playing with 5 real starters unlike when Rush (who would go back to far end of bench) is on the floor.

• chipower9 said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:43 am

Barnes being out for this somewhat prolonged period just goes to show how deep the Warriors are. They can plug a Rush into the starting five and still win…

25. Macdog said, on December 23, 2015 at 8:41 pm

Crazy Bowl stat of the day: Boise State outgained Northern Illinois, 654 yards to 33, in the Poinsettia Bowl.

• chipower9 said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:44 am

Ouch. And I thought the score was bad…that is one SEVERE ASS-WHOOPING…

26. willedav said, on December 23, 2015 at 9:34 pm

A propos of the Gibson book there was a discussion on F/G by mgrs. (including Bochy) about the third time through the LU for the SP and how you handle it. Stat given saw OPS increase dramatically.

As the game he is pitching in progresses it’s interesting to see how Gibson deals with same hitters in late game situations and his philosophical approach to the game, including the game in general today.

Enjoy, Zum. I thought it was pretty good read.

27. blade3colorado said, on December 23, 2015 at 9:47 pm

First it was New York. Now the Attorney General in Illinois says daily fantasy sports betting is illegal. “Chicago may be the best sports town in the country. It’s a city — and Illinois is a state — that plays fantasy sports like almost no other,” said FanDuel’s statement. “So why the Attorney General would tell her 13.5 million constituents they can’t play fantasy sports anymore as they know it is beyond us.”

I think the biggest mistake that FD, DK and other DFS sites made was putting those idiotic commercials on TV pushing fantasy sports. It obviously pissed off a lot of people with connections to these State AGs.

• snarkk said, on December 23, 2015 at 10:50 pm

These states declaring the fantasy outfits as doing illegal gambling will legislate new laws to allow them–after the politicians’ palms are sufficiently greased by the companies, and certain new regulations and taxes are crafted to apply to their operations for the “protection” of the public and the patrons of the sites…

28. snarkk said, on December 23, 2015 at 11:42 pm

BTW, wherethehell is TedSpe?…

29. snarkk said, on December 23, 2015 at 11:50 pm

For ewisco from his comment last night. Miss Iceland won Miss World in 1985, 1988 and 2005. For some reason, no Miss Universe. Maybe they don’t enter that one?
    Maria Bjork Einarsdottir
    Miss Iceland, 2015

• blade3colorado said, on December 24, 2015 at 6:25 am

I’d like to Bjork Ms. Maria Bjork Einarsdottir.

• chipower9 said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:46 am

I would love to dot her Einarsdottir…

30. willedav said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:16 am

Prettiest play last night was lob thrown by Curry driving lane to is left and flipping no look over the shoulder lob to Bogut. the player who initiated the action with bounce pass to Curry making curl move off the Bogut screen was Green, playing the point. He and Bogut both do that, unlike any other team in current era.

McCovey Chron today talking Rox OFs as possible trade partner for OF, as opposed to Span or Fowler (meh to both). No, not Cargo but Blackmon or Dickerson. Only Blackmon can play CF (my real objective in adding an OF).
    Biggest ? imo is deciding how good these guys would be at sea level for an entire year.

31. willedav said, on December 24, 2015 at 7:26 am

Snarkk, wanted to ask you something about Iceland: did you notice men being noticeably taller on average?

Gal I work with is from Finland, and a little shorter than I am maybe 5-6. She says she is by far shortest one in her extended family, heard every shrimp joke known to mankind, and the boys/men relatives well over 6 feet. Married a guy from US of avg height and both her kids (including a girl) are few inches taller than she is.
    A customer I see fairly often in store is Icelandic and a good 6-4. Individual family anomalies, or not?