Bowl Games!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 28, 2015

Interested in any of these remaining games? There’s a few I want to watch.

The Cal game will be interesting from a tactical stand point as they aren’t used to playing teams like Air Force.

The LSU game is intriguing to see how many yards L-Train can pile up. Is 300 out of the question? Probably. I’ll say 224.

The line of the season that I would hammer is MSU +9.0. Dantonio is a very good coach and you give him this much time to get ready for a game and I wouldn’t want to be Alabama. I mean, all he’s got to do is shut down their one trick pony. I also think the SEC is completely overrated at this point and I will be hammering MSU + points and maybe the ML. +270 looks pretty good and I also might hit Air Force a little on the ML since I think they either get blown out by Cal or they befuddle the Bears with their weird play and beat them…..

Rose Bowl should be a big bore and not just because I’m a Cardinal fan and we keep ending up here. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Two running teams slamming into each other play after play is not my cup of tea…….

What games are you guys looking forward to?

1. willedav said, on December 28, 2015 at 8:41 am

I want to watch Stanford to see if Hogan can beat an elite D with left coast ball. I actually enjoy watching great running college teams.
    I haven’t seen OK all year so I’m intrigued to watch them (and Clemson) too.

Cal will have to stop other team to win, something they can do sometimes, sometimes not.
    I’m sure AF hasn’t seen anyone like Goff but as with other spread the field teams scoring quickly leaves your D out there a lot and that’s generally recipe for disaster with Cal. Maybe they out-athlete them.

OK, here’s the rationale as explained by Pats fans: if you kick off and hold the Jets down (and they had through the 4th Q) then it only takes FG to win and you don’t have to move the ball as far as when you take the ball first.
    Jets had Brady (and his much injured O) bottled up most of the day and they hadn’t been moving the ball well.

So get a quick stop you have better field position and shorter field to get into FG position to win game.

Jets, of course, blew that up completely by scoring the TD in 4 plays.

2. unca_chuck said, on December 28, 2015 at 8:54 am

Yeah, I want to see Cal as well mainly because the 49ers look like they have a shot at drafting Goff. He looks poised from what I’ve seen, but he has struggled against strong defenses. I e seen nothing from the Paxton kid that’s slotted to go 1st.

Finally going skiing today!

LSU is always fun to watch.

3. Bozo said, on December 28, 2015 at 9:02 am

I’m looking forward to April 4th, the Giants play at the home of the Miller High Lifes.

4. blade3colorado said, on December 28, 2015 at 9:17 am

zzzzzz . . . Wake me when baseball season begins.

• Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 9:52 am

NBA tonight? Quite a slate. I’ve got a bunch of teams going at FD and DK, if you want to play heads up tho let’s play at FD.

• blade3colorado said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:40 am

My only solace (DFS) is betting on all these “meh” sports between now and baseball season. lqtm.

Sent you a H2H.

5. chipower9 said, on December 28, 2015 at 9:37 am

Cal – AF should be fun to watch. And I do want to watch Stanford and Iowa, just because I want to see the Pac 12 kick the living dog shit outta the Big 10.

I definitely am interested in watching both of the playoff games. I do a “Bowl-O-Rama” each year where each participant picks all 40 bowl games against the spread. Winner takes all. It is only a $5 buy in. When I set it up, M State was getting 10.5 points. I was all over that. I will not be surprised if they beat Bama outright.

The other big game for me (biggest) is OU-Clemson, as I am a huge Sooner fan, having grown -up in Oklahoma. It will be interesting to see if the time layoff has taken any of the luster off of OU. When they last played, I felt they were the most complete team in the nation.

I also think TCU and Oregon could be a really high-scoring and fun game to watch.

And yes, LSU and Texas Tech should be a fun one, too.

The way the NFL has gotten so totally fucked-up and damned near unwatchable, I will take watching college football over the NFL ANY DAY.

On a more important note…ONLY 53 days until pitchers and catchers report…

• Macdog said, on December 28, 2015 at 3:26 pm

5-7 Nebraska already beat UCLA, so that’s one for the Big Ten.

• chipower9 said, on December 29, 2015 at 8:16 am

I am really not that hung-up on the Pac 12…but do like to see them win against any other conference, as long as it is not Oklahoma. That is my real game…OU-Clemson, and OU hopefully taking yet another national title.

BOOMER!

6. sandog said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:10 am

I have a strong interest in the Rose Bowl. My dad went to Iowa, so I have always been a big Hawkeye fan. Combine that with the fact that I don’t much care for Stanford, and that is a game that interests me. Iowa hasn’t made many Rose Bowl appearances. Back in 1982 they made it and my dad, out of nowhere, got tickets for one of my brothers and I. It was awesome—until Washington pulled away, led by Jacque Robinson (Nate’s dad FYI) and dominated Iowa. Somehow, our tickets were right in the middle of a bunch of Husky fans and that made the experience all the worse—pretty much making me root against UW ever since.
    Also, looking forward to Clemson game. When I was a kid I was fascinated by schools like Clemson and Wake Forest. I thought their names sounded cool and I had no idea where they were located. I was a huge Steve Fuller fan back in the day and I can still remember being so stoked when the Chiefs chose him in the draft. I was sure he was going to be the next Len Dawson and lead them back to the Super Bowl, but is was not meant to be. I think he did get a ring as Jim McMahon’s backup on that great Bears team.
    Did I ever tell the story when I shared a shuttle bus at a celebrity golf tourney with Jim McMahon and had a somewhat bizarre interaction with him?
    I will mix that one in sometime.

Happy Holidays Flappers….and GO KINGS—-Shock The World!!!

7. alleykat69 said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:16 am

I will watch the Major Bowl games, but have no interest in 6-6 teams playing which is a joke.
    They really shouldn’t be bowl eligible to me. Those are the “Skink Bowl Games”!!!

• chipower9 said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:22 am

Agree…bunch of skinky skanks…

8. Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:33 am

I don’t mind the average teams making the bowl games. It’s great for their programs. The kids get exposed to other areas of the country that they normally wouldn’t get to see and if you’re talking about the true college experience that should be part of it. It’s good for recruiting. I’m all for it. It’s not like they’re showing up in a bowl game that really matters. So for the kids and their fan bases, I’m all for it…..
    Regarding San Dawg’s post, first of all good to see you my man. Secondly, I have a co-worker who’s from Iowa. Her husband is bailing on their trip back home AND the 1 year old bday of their son (Jan 1st) to go to this game. And she totally understands. So I get the Iowa fervor for this game.
    The Kings? I can’t support that, dawg. Tonight, we crush you. ๐Ÿ™‚
    And by all means tell the Jim McMahon story!

• chipower9 said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:23 am

I agree on those “other bowl games” just no way in hell I will ever watch. Good on them and the kids, but otherwise…Zzzzzzz….

9. Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:40 am

Jesus, is it just me or does anyone else want to see Hunter making less dumbass short youtube movies with his hot fiance? Work out harder, get ready for the season. Lol, I sound like an old man shooing the kids off my lawn….

• blade3colorado said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:53 am

I bailed after 2 minutes 40 seconds (either that, or jump off my condo balcony).

• Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:10 am

I watched the whole thing. It’s fucking 12 degrees outside and I don’t ski so I’m sitting at home watching dumb ass Hunter Pence jelly bean eating videos and building countless NBA fantasy line ups to pass the time.

• chipower9 said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:25 am

I only made it to 1:03…

• djloo27 said, on December 28, 2015 at 5:59 pm

His father in law jerks off at 5:42, Chi…

• chipower9 said, on December 29, 2015 at 8:16 am

LMAO Loo…makes me that much happier that I bailed at the 1:03 point!

• snarkk said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:57 am

Is Hunter sporting a mullet, or is that a squirrel?…

• chipower9 said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:26 am

New “do” called the Squirrullet…

10. snarkk said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:56 am

I don’t give a hoot about 98% of the Bowl games. Without gambling, nobody else would either. Even Cal vs. AForce, yawn. Goff’s last game is the key thing in that one. After that, we Cal fans are onto yet more seasons of mediocrity and crap defense with Sonny Dykes, only without a top shelf QB. Sonny tried but couldn’t pull another gig, but did enough to get an extension, so he could at least recruit the two and three star athletes he can get. Cal will do nothing but qualify for Military Bowls under this dude. The main thing bowls do is give the coach an extra 15 practices to yell at the sophomores and juniors before Spring practice. So, that’s why the coaches want them, even if it’s the Toilet Bowl in Kiss-Kousin, Arkansas. But, since 80 teams get into bowls, what’s the difference — they ALL get the extra practices. As far as giving the kids an experience, I guess that’s a secondary benefit. A few days in El Paso for the Sun Bowl — uh, OK, thanks for that experience. Hopefully, the bowl boosters drop some cash on the kids in the back room, because the NCAA ain’t givin’ ’em any for all the extra weeks of bowl work and “experience”…

• Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:03 am

don’t under estimate how little these kids have probably traveled. I think a few days in Texas, provided you didn’t come from there, would be a great experience for a kid who never traveled out of his state.

• snarkk said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:09 am

I get that. And El Paso is a dump. Hope they get some cash…

• Macdog said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:19 am

I’m sure the Miami players enjoyed the snow.

• Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:24 am

lol, hey maybe they did. I remember the first time my daughter saw snow. She was 3 and we were driving to Tahoe. We got out, and, like a dumbass, I let her make a snow ball—-in her bare hands. That fun lasted about 10 seconds before she started crying.
        I’m envisioning the same fun experience for the MIami players. lol

11. Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:00 am

I forget which comedian said it, but the quote was something like, “I think all professional athletes should be required to take steroids. As a consumer of such an expensive product, I think I should be entertained by the best that science can produce…”
    I always thought that was funny and I don’t go that far but it would be nice to hear about Hunter working out instead of watching the videos he and his girl make a couple of times a week.

12. Macdog said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:06 am

There’s the Michigan State-‘Bama game, and then there’s everything else. We’ll be very amped for Sparty, to the point we’ll probably be cutting out early of a New Year’s Eve get-together at a watering hole in Neptune City, NJ, to make sure we watch the game. Flav. I think you can say the same about Saban as far as having all this time to prepare, although that wasn’t the case last year vs. Ohio St. Anyway, can’t wail ’til Thursday.

First Hendu (who would’ve been WS MVP in ’86 if not for Boston’s epic choke), and now Meadowlark Lemon. Two guys who made sports a lot of fun, can’t ask for more than that.

Hunter Pence not being in shape when the season starts is probably the least thing I’m concerned about for the Giants.

13. snarkk said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:08 am

Anybody else hear Peyton Manning’s breathless PO’d denial of using HGH? How many times have we heard breathless denials? I’m hearing radio dudes fall over themselves defending him, and NOBODY mentions or just glosses over the tiny little detail that his agent is not denying — that Manning’s wife was getting HGH shipped to HER. Hmmmm. OK, Manning’s arguing her medical privacy is her business, but seriously. If you didn’t want people to think you might be using something banned so that your career reputation stays clean and you can continue to make millions on commercials, then as soon as your wife tells you — Oh, honey, I’m having HGH shipped to me at our house for MY problem (whatever that is), wouldn’t you basically say — are YOU F’ing CRAZY?…

• Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:13 am

I considered that and I did watch the video. I just think the dude is so squeaky clean and he did seem to come across as genuinely pissed off AND the dude who started all of this took his story back….I’ve decided I believe him until further proof comes out that he did it. And even if he did it, I could care less. He was an old man trying to come back from a major neck surgery. Good for him for doing everything he could to come back and entertain me, the consumer. ๐Ÿ™‚ I bet Bronco fans would like him to take some HGH right now to save them from another Osweiler start.

• snarkk said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:26 am

I’ve got no prob with guys using HGH, or steroids for that matter. As far as I’m concerned, after this entire steroid mess in MLB, I’m done with the PEDs crap and caring whether some guys used or didn’t — since a ton of them did and do, and we’ll never know for sure which ones did or didn’t. If it weren’t illegal, IMO doctors can prescribe dudes those things for bulking up or recovering from injury or whatever reason. Up to them as adults. But, as long as it IS against the rules, then come clean and fess up when you get caught. You just look worse later when you add getting caught in a public lie. If your wife were getting HGH shipped to her, and you are an active NFL player, IMO it’s pretty stoopid to claim shock and get PO’d when people think there are dots to be connected…

• Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:31 am

yeah, I hear that. I didn’t hear that it was confirmed that she was getting HGH shipped to her. But if that’s true then I gotta go with “he’s lying” and then you’re right, he will just look like more of an idiot when more comes out. Here’s a good article I read this morning about one of the HOF voters changing his tune. And this isn’t just some chump so maybe he sways some other voters into a semblance of sanity on this issue:

• snarkk said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:37 am

Yeah, so far in reports I’ve seen, he’s not denying that HGH was shipped to his Wife.
        So, he didn’t use HER HGH, that’s what he claims anyway. What’s hers is hers, apparently. Like I’ve said tons before, nobody is above suspicion anymore from using PEDs in pro sports. If he files a defamation lawsuit, that would move the believability meter towards green for him. At least they didn’t ship the stuff to their dog or cat…

14. Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:19 am

and yes, I will be watching the Pitt/Navy game before I have to go pick up my daughter at Baldy. And yes, I fired up a few fantasy teams to make the game watchable. ๐Ÿ™‚

15. blade3colorado said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:36 am

I’m curious about something . . . Besides me, are there any other “cord cutters” here at the Flap? My reason for disconnecting DirecTV has more to do with my travel and/or doing things other then watching television then it does cost. However, for many people, cost is the prime motivation (see below, especially the video where Greenfield is interviewed).

I mainly ask because Eric (Ewisco) asked for an internet link yesterday, to watch the Giants and Patriots game, which I provided. In effect, as I have noted before – I can see all sporting events on the Internet without much difficulty and have NEVER had a virus or malware issue (albeit, I always do a registry, anti-virus, and malware scan afterwards). Similarly, I see all political debates, television series, etc., without difficulty; and more interesting to me, all 1st run movies within 3-6 months of their release for free.

Personally, I think pay TV is in a lot of trouble going forward and NetFlix, Apple, Hulu, and what I do is going to eat all of the cable/satellite outfits lunch, unless their paradigm changes (e.g., going ala carte). Book it.

• snarkk said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:41 am

We cut the cable cord over 4 years ago. I just watch sports highlights now on the Internet, and listen to games on radio when I can, or the odd game I can find on some internet link. I don’t have time anymore to watch hours and hours of sports, plus TV in general sucks balls. My kids don’t miss it one bit. I figure we’ve freed up about $5K over that time by dumping the cable cord…

• blade3colorado said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:58 am

I disconnected about 3.5 years ago. The two television links you provided for Breaking Bad, concurrent with me cutting the cord earlier – somewhat reinforced my decision, where I haven’t looked back. I’ve also watched the Walking Dead (all seasons) and a couple of other TV shows for free. Similar to you, big savings (not to mention big boxing matches and other pay events, e.g., Mayweather/Pacquiao).

• Macdog said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:51 am

We have DirecTV, but we’re seriously considering dumping it because of the cost and looking into some of those alternatives.

• ewisco said, on December 28, 2015 at 1:46 pm

that was actually for my son. we were driving back to Houston from our fun time in Dallas Saturday night dodging tornados and he wanted to watch his jets vs. the pats. since I was driving, I had him text you on my phone. many thanks. it made for a better drive listening to the game, esp since they squeaked out a win. we’re headed to the texas bowl tomorrow and they (wife and twiscos) are going to the fiesta bowl to see their beloved buckeyes. I’m staying home with dogs and scotch and watching whatever I damn well want to!

• wilcojoe said, on December 28, 2015 at 5:06 pm

You will be about twenty minutes from me. Should be an entertaining game. Tech’s defense is a lot like Cal’s, they can’t tackle. Fournette may run for 300 yards, but LSU has no one else that can score. It will be the Leonard Fournette show for real.

• chipower9 said, on December 29, 2015 at 8:20 am

I have not cut the cord yet, but have given it serious consideration. My Dish bill runs north of 100 bucks. I also have the Amazon Fire Stick and subscribe to Netflix. The main things I want from Dish is all things Giants related on CSNBA, etc. Not ready to pull the plug yet, but again, have given it serious thought.

At least once a year I call Dish and bitch about my costs. I pay big bucks mainly to get a few items I like to watch (CSNBA – Giants baseball, etc.). They usually cut my costs for six months and throw in a couple of free movie channels to appease me from cutting the cord.

The article you mention talks about “ala cart.” This is the only way I see the big cable/dish companies saving their asses, and I tell Dish this all the time. Give me ala cart, or I am gone.

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2015 at 8:35 am

Good post Chi. I played that game with them (DirecTV, Century Link, and Infinity Cable). Basically, I was able to keep my costs under $75 and then that was not enough . . . Moreover, as I said before, I was doing a lot of travel and although DirecTV would “pause” my service, I got tired of threatening to leave. Oh, one other thing – it is harder for someone like you, who has a girl friend or someone with a family to do what I did. You have someone else to consider and perhaps, they disagree. Surprised that snarkk was able to cut the cord for this reason.

16. Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:44 am

Uverse still. I don’t like watching games on the internet, there are too many pop ups to deal with and screen freezes. But don’t really watch that much tv at home so I could see cord cutting at some point…..

17. snarkk said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:54 am

Nice to see Rosenthal has come to the conclusion many of us have on the HOF and ‘roids. The holier than thou dipsticks not voting for Bonds and Clemons, except Anne Killion and Susan Slusser, are all named Claire Voyant because they all know who used and who didn’t in that era…

18. Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 11:58 am

I always root for the military schools. Same reason I respect what the Cardinal does year in and year out. They are doing other shit than just pumping out a bunch of sets in the weight room. Respect.
    Nobody knows about or gives a shit about the Directors Cup but Cardinal fans appreciate what it means to the University and all the kids who work their ass off in school and yet also dominate across D-1 sports….

19. Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 12:15 pm

People ask me why I’m a fan of Stanford since I didn’t go to the school. Well, as a kid I grew up going to the football, basketball and baseball games so there’s that. I still remember seeing the Globetrotters at Maples in the late 70’s. Curly Neal and Meadowlark Lemon put on a show. RIP Meadowlark…..
    I don’t particularly like the attitude of the student body, it’s as elitist and entitled as it’s ever been. But I overlook that mostly for the reasons I listed in my last post and the fact that I followed them as a kid. Plus, the campus is beautiful.
    I have a running joke that I play on EVERYONE who asks me if I went to Stanford (as I often wear their gear).
    “Why yes, yes I did go to Stanford…..pause…..FOOTBALL GAMES!”. It’s a laugh and a half every time, I tell ya…. ๐Ÿ™‚

20. Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Pitt has no idea how to stop this Navy QB near the goal line. Their defense looks like what it would look like if me, Snarkk, Pawlie and 8 other Flappers tried to mount a goal line stand. lulz.

• Macdog said, on December 28, 2015 at 1:23 pm

They can’t cover him, either.

21. Macdog said, on December 28, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Now seeing that the Yanks have traded for Chapman.

• blade3colorado said, on December 28, 2015 at 1:53 pm

I don’t get that trade. Both Betances and Miller are outstanding. They must not trust any of the starters to go beyond 5-6 innings, besides Tanaka.

• Macdog said, on December 28, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Or maybe they’ll trade Miller now.

• djloo27 said, on December 28, 2015 at 2:08 pm

I still love those clear Miller High Life bottles…

22. zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Another cool Giants-related book is “Game Of My Life” by Matt Johanson. It was given to me as a gift. Each chapter is a different Giant from the SF era talking about their most memorable game. It’s a 2011 book, so it has one of the championships.
    Felipe Alou, Minton, Brenley, Gallagher, Fuentes, Affeldt, Wilson, and many others are featured.

• zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Mays talks about his 4-homer game.

• djloo27 said, on December 28, 2015 at 2:30 pm

It was also the game of Jose Pagan’s life…

• zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Yeah, the ball was flying out of the Milwaukee ballpark that day. Aaron also hit one, and made a catch that robbed Mays of a 5th one! Amazing.

• djloo27 said, on December 28, 2015 at 4:01 pm

I don’t think the part about Aaron’s catch “robbing” Mays of a 5th homer is accurate, Zum.
        I am going to check other sources in my baseball library.

• djloo27 said, on December 28, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Multiple sources (including Mays’ own biography) say he “lined” to center.
        Amazingly, it was the 1234th game of his career…

• zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 4:29 pm

I guess he exaggerated that when he spoke with Johanson.

• zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 4:36 pm

I should have mentioned that Aaron hit 2 HRs that day, and Pagan hit 2.

• blade3colorado said, on December 28, 2015 at 3:09 pm

What did Fuentes talk about? He’s one of my favorite players, along with Speier from that era.

• zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 3:18 pm

The final game of the ’71 season, a win over the Padres that clinched the division title. Tito had big contributions, offensively and defensively, in the game. AND his wife gave birth to their 5th child that day! A son that they named….wait for it….Clinch Fuentes! I kid you not. Clinch Fuentes. ๐Ÿ™‚

• blade3colorado said, on December 28, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Zum, that actually sounds like Fuentes with his larger than life personality. Love it!

• Macdog said, on December 28, 2015 at 3:36 pm

That’s funny, and good thing for the kid’s sake that the Giants won.

23. Flavor said, on December 28, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Is Chapman’s domestic violence case even settled yet? The Evil Empire shows it doesn’t care about who you are, just how hard you can throw. They need so much more and they go all in on a closer? Idiotic……

• zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 3:26 pm

The baseball media is having a Yankee-gasm today.

24. blade3colorado said, on December 28, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Speaking of the Evil Empire, some gold digger pleaded guilty to extorting Yankees GM Brian Cashman. Of course Cashman wasn’t exactly innocent in this case, as he was boinking her on the side while married.

“Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned”

25. blade3colorado said, on December 28, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Glad the Yankees got him. Dodgers reportedly offered far more . . . From reading the comments on the East coast, it seems that the Reds got fleeced on this deal. Out of Eric Jagielo, Rookie Davis, Tony Renda, and Caleb Cotham – maybe Jagielo sniffs a cup of coffee in the show.

• zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Yeah, Dodger fans will be bummed out. It’s sad. ๐Ÿ™‚

26. zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 7:28 pm

George Karl is frustrated with his team. Hey, dude, you’re the coach. The buck is supposed to stop with you. How about stop throwing your team under the bus in press conferences?
    Sorry, but I’m not a huge Karl fan.

27. xoot said, on December 28, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Tonight’s Dubs vs. KY game should be fun.

28. zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 7:43 pm

3 fouls in 21 seconds. Not a good start for the Kings.

• zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 7:52 pm

A bunch of reach-in fouls by the Kings; bad defense.

29. willedav said, on December 28, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Rondo looks like he’s going right at Curry and looking to score.
    Last game he had 8 turnovers to go with 15 assists.
    Also noticed Cousins took 7 3s, making 2.

Tempo should be more to Warriors liking…King’s D too.
    Kings can score among league leaders in ppg.
    So much more to winning tho.

• zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Yeah, it’s just the wrong way to try to beat the Warriors. Trying to run with the Warriors is a futile thing. That’s all on Karl.

30. xoot said, on December 28, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Cousins’ foul trouble will probably sink Sac, but the Warriors are missing 3s and throwing passes into turnovers. And Rondo’s outscoring Curry, isn’t he? Turrible Dubs game headed into the heart of the 2nd quarter. They’re likely to adjust and get hot. But so far . . . .

• willedav said, on December 28, 2015 at 8:25 pm

yeah they are playing really stupid ball, terrible shot selection and careless passes.
      Meanwhile, without Cousins, Kings are lighting them up.
      Making this look like classic trap game so far.

• xoot said, on December 28, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Jeezus some of those shots on both sides should’ve been worth 4 each. Damn.

• willedav said, on December 28, 2015 at 8:41 pm

That was wild. Steph got 17 in last 3 minutes after going scoreless before that?
        Casspi put on quite a show of his own tho and Kings still have lead.

Should be entertaining second half!

31. zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 8:48 pm

That half had some of the strangest turnovers I’ve ever seen in an NBA game.

32. willedav said, on December 28, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Collison is one guy I wish GS had, to push tempo and score off the bench.
    Seemed to play very well with Clippers.
    Warriors bench guys, without Barbosa, like Clark McAdoo (and Rush once Barnes gets back) don’t give them much and Speights rarely gets on floor at all these days with emergence of Ezeli. Still think they can add there.

• Macdog said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:28 pm

“Collison is one guy I wish GS had, to push tempo and score off the bench.”

Yeah, that one missing piece and they could be 30-0.

33. xoot said, on December 28, 2015 at 9:03 pm

The Cousins meltdown was predictable. My hunch, credit Bogut, who has the ability to play tough guys tough and get under their skin. The dubs turnovers have been horrendous. But they’re getting hot.

• zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 9:07 pm

The Kings played better without Cousins in the first half; maybe this works to their benefit in the second half.

• xoot said, on December 28, 2015 at 9:12 pm

I disagree. I think the Warriors played very badly in the first half while Cousins was on the bench and the coaching was off. They not only failed to take advantage of their opportunity, they mismanaged it into a deficit. With Cousins gone now, for good, the Dubs should be able to regroup and do what they should’ve done earlier. But we’ll see.

34. zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Good comment from Jerry Reynolds: “Green is like a Rodman who can score.”

35. willedav said, on December 28, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Dagger there from Steph end of the Q.
    Acy is active player but not near offensive threat Cousins is and Rondo looks off tonight.
    Kings will have to get a lot of stops and rebounds to mount a comeback…Gay getting hot would help them.

36. zumiee said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:02 pm

The Kings tried to run with the Warriors, gave up 121 points, and lost. A gameplan that had no chance.

• willedav said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:20 pm

And they have half court players who can score. I don’t get Cousins taking all the outside shots. He can score and rebound inside and draw fouls. Casspi has crazy range so play him on same side so DMC and Gay can’t be doubled. Why not slow game down and make the other team defend half court, have Rondo attack the basket vs. Curry or Thompson and iso Gay, who can also draw fouls?

I think that’s how you beat Warriors, go after them inside and get bigs in foul trouble.
      Warriors were very sloppy after getting to 23 pts., got down 11 and then as tempo increased they got hot and never looked back. Ig put clamps on Casspi second half and Kings just fell further out of it.

37. willedav said, on December 28, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Kings need an off guard who can shoot and score (a la Klay Thompson) to compliment front court guys like Cousins (tough night, cheapo foul calls/too many Js) and Gay. Rondo needs another weapon out there to feed.
    Dunno what happened to McLemore but he looks lost out there.
    Casspi Acy and Collison I can see as top of rotation guys with skills, but that’s only 6, and not enough depth behind them.
    Who is #5?
    I’d be surprised Seth turns into anything more than 5 minute guy. He’s too small to defend other 2 Gs and doesn’t bring enough O to offset that.

38. willedav said, on December 29, 2015 at 8:50 am

Kawakami has his HOF ballot out in column today. He has Griffey Raines Bonds Clemens and total of 10 guys. He talked about this couple weeks ago in conversation with Aurillia that went on for 30 minutes. I didn’t get all the way through it, but very interesting. I give him props for putting this out there and his picks are all pretty good.

Mac, I’d like to see GS upgrade bench to add scoring from backcourt. SA OKC and Hawks are teams they haven’t seen yet and East may have more good teams than West. Playoffs are going to be tough, regardless of how many reg season games they win.

• chipower9 said, on December 29, 2015 at 9:22 am

I do not see the Warriors needing to make changes. They are solid and probably have the deepest bench in the NBA, IMO. Of course, I do not follow the NBA nearly as close as you and others, but hey…only one loss, and they have good chemistry (had to throw the chemistry thing in for James).

39. chipower9 said, on December 29, 2015 at 9:23 am

Only 52 days until pitchers and catchers report…

40. wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 9:53 am

Flav, I am seriously considering entering the Fan Duel King of the Campus tourney that starts today. At $300, that would easily be the biggest entry fee I have ever taken on. But that prize pool is just too tempting. Decisions, decisions.

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 10:01 am

Fuck it, I just did it. There were less than 200 seats left.

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2015 at 10:24 am

Good luck Joe . . . You’ve got some balls going against guys like Headchopper (more than a dozen entries), Maxdalury (26 I think I counted), etc. (I stopped counting after about 15 entrants who had at least a half dozen entries) . . .

Headchopper for example, does Rotogrinder videos for baseball and football. Nevertheless, it only takes ONE. Kick ass dude!

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 10:32 am

I saw that and now I am getting really nervous.

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2015 at 10:32 am

Number #1685 out of 1815 entrants . . . Report back Joe on how you did. ๐Ÿ™‚

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2015 at 10:36 am

Nah, those guys are sharp, but basically, you know as much or more . . . The only difference is that they “carpet bomb” tourneys, which admittedly, does increase their chances for wins. However, what you might do is a H2H or a 50/50 or double up to “protect” (i.e., limit risk) your $300 investment.

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 10:49 am

I like the hedge idea of doing a 50/50. I never thought of that…For you Pac 10 guys, how bad is Oregon’s defense? On paper Boykin should shred those guys and Listenbee and Turpin are dirt cheap. You could field Fournette and Cook who both should put up the biggest numbers on the board and still afford Boykin to stack with his receivers. The wide receivers are all a toss up anyway. I don’t see any locks there at all. Chime in with any advise you all may have.

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2015 at 11:00 am

Joe, you probably know this already – but besides the “Fournette and Cook” locks, you need at least 1, preferably 2-3 underowned players. In fact, I would actually fade Fournette to separate you from the pack. That’s me though . . . I’m sure you know what you’re doing. ๐Ÿ™‚

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 11:13 am

Yeah, I am just hoping everyone else is thinking the same thing. Reverse psychology…Actually, I am thinking of fading Fournette and driving over to NRG stadium and personally taking him out myself ๐Ÿ˜‰

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2015 at 11:19 am

Hilarious. Nevertheless, if youโ€™re playing the fade Joe and donโ€™t think Fournette is going off, then the pivots on LSU would be QB Brandon Harris, WR Malachi Dupre and backup RB Derrius Guice. LSU has a team total of 40 points, which is 10 points higher than their season average so if Fournette doesnโ€™t go off then someone else will, as the Tech defense is putrid. Decisions, decisions . . . lqtm.

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 11:28 am

I actually am quite tempted to fade Fournette and play his backup Guice. I saw Tech several times this year and I can easily say they are the worst tackling team I have ever seen. If Fournette rests the second half, this kid could easily put up 100 plus yards and a couple TD’s. My biggest concern is the amount of parity amongst WR’s in this tournament. I don’t see anyone that stands outs.

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2015 at 11:35 am

Treadwell?

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 11:55 am

I am biased against Treadwell. He had a real dud of a game in the Egg Bowl and that cost me some coin. But yeah, he is probably the most consistent double digit plus WR on the board. I just think there are so many guys that can give you 15-25 pts all over this slate and I am not sure who will really go off.

• chipower9 said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:04 pm

No ball, no blue chips. Good luck Wilco!

41. willedav said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:04 pm

wilco, Oregon D is nothing to brag about. Stanford would have won game and maybe put 50 on them but for a couple snap snafus and Hogan falling down.
    QB is awesome tho. They can score quickly as TCU, which leaves the D out there.
    good luck man!

42. ewisco said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:12 pm

wilcojoe, i was hoping to find time for a beer but we’ve been running around like chickens with our heads cut off. we’re going home tomorrow and I can’t wait! maybe next time I get out here we can try to schedule to meet.

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:21 pm

You bet! Enjoy the game and please post here if you notice Fournette, Mahomes, or any of the other highly owned players limping ๐Ÿ˜‰

• ewisco said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:13 pm

roger wilco.

43. Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Joe! Great job entering the King of the Campus! $300 for one team is something I’ve only done once. It ended badly. Can you email me your team? Or just post it here? Maybe you did, I’ll scroll back up.

44. zumiee said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:23 pm

The Johanson book has lots of cool reminders in it. I had totally forgotten that Krukow pitched a complete game win in Game 4 of the ’87 playoff series vs. the Cardinals. He was in trouble throughout the game, but kept pitching out of jams. It was his only playoff appearance ever for the Giants. He pitched during the ’89 season, but if he was on the playoff roster, he never made it into a game.
    He won 20 games in ’86, but that seemed to shoot his wad, so to speak. He was injury-plagued in the seasons after that.

• alleykat69 said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Krukow is still shooting that wad today after his 20 game season in 86!
      In his mind but nobody else’s ,I’m sure he thinks he’s a HOF.

• zumiee said, on December 29, 2015 at 1:02 pm

He pitched well that season (’86), but it would be interesting to know what his run support was. Probably pretty darned good. That ’86 team had some weapons on offense. Generally the late ’80s and early ’90s Giants were strong on offense. The pitching was good, too; but just never quite enough to be champions.

45. Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:26 pm

to your questions above, a third of my teams have only Fournette, a third have no Fournette, and a third have Guice and Fournette just in case Fournette goes off and either gets hurt or they get so far ahead they decide to give Guice some run. And I have 2 teams with just Guice. But you’re talking about 14k of salary between the two of them, you need about 70 fantasy points out of that to make playing them both worthwhile. Not impossible., but unlikely. If I only had one team tho, I’d probably fade Fournette. I wouldn’t play McCaffrey or Henry since I don’t think McCaffrey will get enough run to get to value–that game is going to be a sludge-fest and Cardinal like to spread shit around anyway. And I think Michigan State will stop Alabama and at least limit Henry’s production. Dalvin Cook or Washington are options. I might go Guice and Cook? Tough call tho with only one bullet.
    I’m in 4 $10 tournies and a bunch of $2 tournies. Will be rooting for you!

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:37 pm

The thing is, I will be very surprised if Fournette and Cook don’t give 70 pts combined. I also think the LSU game will be fairly close and Fournette could play the whole night. LSU has a terrible passing game and I just dont see them doing anything but giving him the ball. So if I go with Greice, he doesn’t see the field, I am out of the tournament on the first day. I think it’s going to come down to who guess right at the WR positions.

• Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I think they could score 100 combined, I really do. But Fournette will be owned 30% or maybe more. Cook much less. I think. If you need a cheapo Cardinal receiver go with Rector but I just don’t see them throwing the ball that much. He could easily catch a long td or two tho. Ayers and Ross are 2 more expensive guys I like.
        How about the Oregon QB?

• ewisco said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:16 pm

I’d be all over Oregon. they’re the last team I’d want to face in any bowl but the final four. they beat some good teams down the stretch and really seemed to find their groove.

46. zumiee said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:32 pm

So Karl and GM Divak were complaining about the refs after last night’s game. Whatever. It was a poorly-coached game by Karl. WillieD explained a far better strategic approach last night. To beat the Warriors, you kind of have to win ugly. Slow the pace and turn the game into a half-court grinder, kind of like what the Cavs did on Christmas day. And the Kings have some tools to do that. Sure, it still probably wouldn’t work, as it didn’t for the Cavs, either, because the Warriors are so danged good, but at least it gives a chance of success. Trying to run with the Warriors offers NO chance of success.

47. Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Joe– if you want a cheapo RB you might want to consider R-Wright from Stanford. He gets ALL the goal line work and against a team like Iowa could see him scoring 3 td’s. He’ll get you no yards but he’s not an awful play at 4500. I think he scored 4 touchdowns in the bowl game last year doing the same shit and he’s easily leading the team in TD’s this year (13)
    ALthough I like Guice better as a longshot 4500 dollar pick

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Yes, that is a good call. Isn’t he the guy that probably cost McCaffrey the Heisman because he stole so many goal line TD’s from him?

• Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:41 pm

yes. the problem is you get no guarantee of goal line plays. But goddamn the Cardinal seem to get at least 3 every damn game. He fucking ALWAYS gets in tho

48. zumiee said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Dodger fans stuck behind some “ring heads.” ๐Ÿ™‚

49. Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:49 pm

honestly, the main reason I can’t pull the trigger on a KingoftheCampus team is because it’s at FD and line ups lock today. I don’t want that much cheddar out there and not be able to change my LU if one of my guys gets hurt, or suspended or something. That’s something FD needs to change, the LU lock thing. They need to change over to how DK handles it.

50. Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:52 pm

To all you non-fantasy playing flappers: sorry in advance for all the fantasy talk but we don’t get cell coverage up here (and no land line) in SV at the house so I can’t call or text anyone. So if Joe wants to chat it up about his big entry I am down with that whenever he wants.

51. Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 12:57 pm

So I just entered their $25 Hail Mary #3. I’ll treat it like an entry in the KOC and post my LU here shortly. Hour and a half to go before lock!

52. wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 1:13 pm

I keep tinkering with my lineup without Fournette and I just don’t feel confident with the other players that can make up the points. I really think it’s going to come down to who picks the right WR’s as there is so much more parity at that position.

• Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 1:18 pm

totally agree. There are 5 or so QB’s and 5 or so #1 RBs that I can make a case for playing or fading, almost equally. I agree, it’s going to come down to hitting on those WR’s, probably in that 5-6K range. I’ve almost finished my $25 team, I’ll post it in the next half hour or so

• Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 1:20 pm

the only 3 QB’s I’m considering tho are Mayfield, Prescott and WIlliams

53. Macdog said, on December 29, 2015 at 1:58 pm

I do this ESPN “Streak for the Cash” contest, and one of the choices today was Cal-Air Force 67 points or fewer/68 points or more. Needless to say, this was one of the easier picks.

54. Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:07 pm

OK, fuck it, I’m not going to keep second guessing this team. Obviously, I am going heavy on my QB and RB’s…..
    QB: Marquise Williams
    RB: Cook and Fournette
    WR: Ross, Hollins, Rector
    TE: Brandon Fritts (I’m down to 2100, I just took the NC TE. If he gives me a zero, I can handle it if the other guys go off)…..

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:16 pm

QB: Boykin
      RB: Fournette, Cook
      WR: D. Stanford, A. Scott, K. Turpin
      TE: E. Engram

• Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:25 pm

wow, we took a similar approach. Howsabout we get 80 out of our RB’s????? Please!!!! Good luck!

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Good choice on Engram . . . On both FD and DK, he’s cheap, so he opens up the salary cap to fit a high end RB and/or QB. Great punt option on a weak position overall.

55. Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:31 pm

guessing Fournette will be owned 50+% which makes him a great fade play I just couldn’t pull the trigger (at least on my $25 team. I faded him completely in about 30% of the rest of my lower cost entries)

56. wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Fournette with 72% ownership!

• Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:33 pm

that’s absurd. Now I’m mad I didn’t fade him completely.

• Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:34 pm

in my $25 he’s at 61% and Cook is at 16%.

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Cook is 15% in the KOC.

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Maxdalury with 25 entires. He has Fournette in every one.

57. Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:55 pm

my 2100 TE scores the first TD of the game. Only 1.5% owned. Sweet. And that puts me in the early lead of the 137 player Hail Mary #3. 500 bones. lulz. Long way to go, right? haha.

• wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Lucky bastard! So typical of you ๐Ÿ˜‰

58. Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 5:19 pm

so I lost my TE to a concussion and one of my receivers to targeting. In the series before, the dude who got busted for targeting had caught a 75 yard td pass…..only to find out he had his foot barely on the out of bounds line, it all came back. lol, I’m glad he’s gone, tired of him fucking up.

59. wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 5:35 pm

If Fournette can’t match Baylors Jefferson’s numbers were all fucked.

• Flavor said, on December 29, 2015 at 5:59 pm

I’ve actually got a team with Jefferson AND Fournette over at DK. It’s currently in 120th out of 8000 so we’ll see what happens there.

60. ewisco said, on December 29, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Fournet looks good on warm ups.

61. djloo27 said, on December 29, 2015 at 5:50 pm

I think what this guy says about the Giants (#6) is very logical:

• Bozo said, on December 29, 2015 at 6:56 pm

I still think the Giants want to check in on Span’s hip. I guess Span will showcase being able to do the twist in early January. They also need to clear room on the 40 man before they can add, so maybe they’re waiting to make a trade for the OF?

• Bozo said, on December 29, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Oops, my bad. I didn’t realize that Span was a Boras guy. Fuck that, I’m looking for a trade now.

62. djloo27 said, on December 29, 2015 at 6:07 pm

If the Nats sign Cespedes, I wouldn’t mind taking Jayson Werth off their hands as long as they pick up a least 75% of his remaining salary (2 years/$42 million). I have a hunch he might have one last gasp in him…

• blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Cespedes is still talking about 10 years. Good luck with that. Me? I will be happy if they can sign Fowler or Parra. Both are serviceable LFs that can also play C. The price for all of these guys will go down with time or especially, if a team signs the 1st major one (Upton or Cespedes) for a bargain price.

63. ewisco said, on December 29, 2015 at 6:31 pm

NRG sold out. Tremendous atmosphere for a college game!

64. blade3colorado said, on December 29, 2015 at 7:19 pm

SPOILER ALERT! I just saw the new Star Wars. Meh. Sheesh, talk about a rip off . . . Movie is a scene by scene rip off of the original 1977 movie. Want a death star? In this movie, it’s bigger and wipes out 3-4 planets with one shot. A droid loosed on a desert planet, carrying information vital to the Rebel… er, Resistance? You got it . . . and the fucker can even descend steps (let R2-D2 try that). Rey cruising through the desert on her speeder bike, a wide-angle shot that mirrored an early shot of Luke in his land speeder.

However, this is where I was really gnawing my teeth . . . The entire gang has made it to the reb… er, Resistance base. There, a very familiar group of pilots, droids, and generals gathers around a very familiar circular 3D hologram of a very familiar Big Weapon (Daddy?), which is posing a very familiar threat to their no-longer-secret base. Han says, “oh, you can always blow those up,” and I almost laughed out loud in the theater.

Nope. Han was serious. In a nano second of screen time, they determine that the Big Weapon has . . . wait for it . . . one small vulnerability, if only they can find the right pilot and someone to disable the shields.

Seriously? Three times now the bad guys build a big weapon and the good guys find one small flaw in it and send one party to creep around inside it and another desperate sortie of ships to attack it?

Saving grace? Me and my buddy only paid $5.00 for the matinee. Thank God (or the Force).

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on December 30, 2015 at 7:37 am

Spoiler alert?

After the last 3 movies I thought the reboot was about as good as it can be and they can take it anywhere from here. More importantly my 9 year old daughter (target demographic) loved it. I also thought they could have called it Girl Power Awakens.

• blade3colorado said, on December 30, 2015 at 8:03 am

Good point . . . apologize (see above).

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on December 30, 2015 at 8:11 am

Lulz. I saw it for free so I’m with ya on the price thing. Disney is going to milk this franchise for all its worth. Can’t say that I’m looking forward to episode XVII. I wonder if Lucas kept a big slice of the merchandise.

• blade3colorado said, on December 30, 2015 at 8:18 am

No, he didn’t. I think this video interview (below) he did recently, essentially has him “washing his hands” of the entire franchise. By the by, I follow Disney and I wouldn’t touch that stock with a 10 foot pole. They better have a few more hit movies in the pipeline besides Star Wars, because ESPN is going to put them in the poorhouse.

65. wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 7:47 pm

LSU’s atrocious QB play is not helping Fournette.

66. wilcojoe said, on December 29, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Cam Cameron should be fired post haste. You have one of the worst QB’s in the FBS and you continue to throw downfield. Pathetic!

67. snarkk said, on December 29, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Sheezus, Goff threw 6 TDs today, 467 yards. Highlights show quite a few were really long passes with decent coverage and he dropped the rock right in there. The guy makes Gabbert look like a putz right now.
    He’s pretty much guranteed himself a top 10, maybe top 5 pick. Niners are idiots if they don’t pick him. Put him with a clipboard on sidelines for at least a season. Meanwhile, get a real offensive coaching staff in Ninerland, else he’ll be wasted. Will they pick him — not if Baalke is in the chair…

• willedav said, on December 30, 2015 at 7:30 am

Gabbert in first half last Sunday put up 2 nice TDs and 17 points and had his team ahead, before the sack/fumble at his own 2 yd line and second half meltdown with Lions in his face every 2 seconds. Guys named Brady Newton Rodgers and Wilson didn’t fare so well last week either under heavy defensive pressure and their teams (lot better than Niners) all lost too.

Goff is gonna be real good, but unless you have a package around him—wide outs, TE, running game and most important O line that can block, he’s doomed. Can that be done in one off season by Baalke, plus staff?
      Exhibit A for me would be Andrew Luck and he’s had way more to work with but taken severe beating, even as better runner and more athletic than Goff (at least coming in).

68. chipower9 said, on December 30, 2015 at 7:22 am

I would love to see Goff with the Niners, but ONLY if they make the required changes to make him successful (as you said Tom they need to get a real offensive coaching staff). Problem is, I donโ€™t think any of this will happen unless they clean house (Baalke and Tomsula need to go). I think they have some serviceable parts in their coaching ranks, but a new regime (GM and head coach) will want to bring in their own staff. I have very little confidence that the Niners will make the moves to get the franchise moving in the right direction. What a cluster-fuck in Santa Clara. Sad.

69. twinfan said, on December 30, 2015 at 8:02 am

Mom always had pork and sauerkraut on New Years Day- we’ve always kept up her tradition. I make my own sauerkraut and this year I’m smoking a pork butt to go with the Kraut and tiny new potatoes.
    Mom is now 92 and in assisted living, she’s always been a baseball fan and she was my backyard catcher and little league game day driver and spectator. Never liked it much when I’d get thrown out of the game.
    BTW, I’m trying to convince her that Blanco will be going to the HOF..
    My resolution? i’m not going to watch Clyde’s Auto Shop Lug Wrench Bowl..

70. Flavor said, on December 30, 2015 at 8:13 am

new thread. Sorry Twin, feel free to re-post this on the new one. It’s a good one, I’ll do it if you don’t