NFL

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 16, 2016

Four very interesting games this weekend. I posted my predictions on Chuck’s blog, encourage you to do the same.

I want to see the Chiefs win, just don’t know if they can pull it off without Maclin and with Kelce likely to be shut down by Chung. But you never know, maybe Smith takes the team on his shoulders and runs them to victory! Hey, he’s done it before….

Who you guys like this weekend?

1. willedav said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:58 am

Anybody but Seahawks, pls.
    For all newton and Panthers have done in reg season, losing tmw at home would be epic fail.
    Interesting that both NFC and AFC West still have 2 teams going and account for half the remaining field.
    For Niners and Raiders to get past these teams and into playoffs will be uphill climb.

• Macdog said, on January 16, 2016 at 9:18 am

I saw your post on last thread. Sounds like the Iona guy will likely get suspended a game for slapping the MU player in the face, but not sure if there’ll be any other fallout. It should be noted: Iona knocked out Monmouth in the MAAC semis last year, with both coaches sniping at each other in the second half, and then Iona coach Cluess made some interesting comments about those zany Monmouth bench players a couple days ago — “I didn’t know if they were on the team or wearing uniforms as cheerleaders. I’ve never seen them on the court doing anything, so to me, they’re not.” — so it looks like something was building between the teams. As for the game, yeah, what a wild score, most NBA games don’t have that many points. Big game for English, 45 points, but Gaels still couldn’t keep up.

2. wilcojoe said, on January 16, 2016 at 9:30 am

I have to thank you and Blade for turning me onto DFS. I haven’t followed the NFL this much since the Niners hey day of the eighties and nineties. It really has given me something to look forward to during an otherwise terrible time of the year for sports.

I actually have no clue how this weekend turns out. I think Arizona covers against Green Bay, but barely. Other than that, who the hell knows? I have been expecting Cam Newton to have a pedestrian game all year and it still hasn’t happened. Is this the week? I have no idea how the Chiefs-Pats game goes, but I just cant trust Andy Reid to out coach Belicheat. Everyone seems to think the Steelers have no chance but I just don’t like Denver’s defense as much as most. I think Big Ben’s injury is not as bad as it sounds and he finds a way to upset Denver.

• Flavor said, on January 16, 2016 at 9:51 am

it’s tough cause you don’t want to play the chalk but in a 4 game set you can’t miss on a guy who scores big, even if he’s heavily owned. I am leaving a shitload of salary on the table today (that’s the only way to differentiate your LU’s on slates like this)— got a lot of cheap receivers and almost every RB combo imaginable (Beast Mode playing is making it so I had to enter more teams than I wanted to but I’ve got him too). Of course, if Fitzgerald and Floyd and Bryant have big days I’ll probably be in trouble. Have them, just not as much as some of the lower end WR’s. And I faded Gronk and Kelce nearly completely

• wilcojoe said, on January 16, 2016 at 10:17 am

Ballsy but probably smart moves. Agree on the TE’s. Kelce is the cheifs only weapon, so I don’t see how they don’t shut him down completely. As always, it’s trying to figure out the right RB combo which is anybody’s guess. That and the damn kicker on FD.

• Flavor said, on January 16, 2016 at 10:46 am

Playing almost exclusively at DK this week. Got 8 teams in that $5 thing they have. I just think there is a lot more low level value at DK this week, plus no K plus Flex

• Flavor said, on January 16, 2016 at 10:47 am

8 teams at FD, 35 at dK

3. Bozo said, on January 16, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Years ago I heard a story about Jose Uribe tip toeing through the clubhouse with his hands up by his chest like paws. He kept saying something that I guess sounded like pink pine tar to some of the guys. Apparently the guys were baffled but cracking up as Uribe kept prancing around while saying he was the pink pine tar. They finally caught on when Jose finally sang the theme song to the Pink Panther.
    So in honor of Uribe, and because I’m in North Carolina these days, I’m rooting for the Carolina Pink Pine Tars.

• djloo27 said, on January 16, 2016 at 1:14 pm

In honor of me, can you root for the Chiefs?

• Bozo said, on January 16, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Yup,(I’m not a Pats fan, so this is pretty easy). Go KC, do it for Loo!

4. willedav said, on January 16, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Interesting notes in arb deals: LA signs Jansen but only for 1 year, and Pirates do same with Melancon.
    Romo and Casilla only have 1 more year I do believe; not sure about J Lopez but I think he is in last year of deal too.
    If SF wanted to make move for dynamic closer outside of in house, options would be available.

Great road W for Seton Hall over 12th ranked Providence Friars in tough Big East conference–they might have best top group of any league in NCAA. Pirates heavyweight b-ball champs of Jersey?

5. Flavor said, on January 16, 2016 at 5:12 pm

I now know tedspe is alive/not in jail. He accepted my friend request on Facebook

• willedav said, on January 16, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Cool. Great guy, nice to meet him at last flap get together I was at few years ago.

6. zumiee said, on January 16, 2016 at 7:23 pm

The Patriots….yuck.

7. zumiee said, on January 16, 2016 at 7:26 pm

For pity’s sake, Collinsworth….just call him “Rodgers.” You don’t have to call him AARON Rodgers every time. We know who you’re talking about.
    I know it’s my pet peeve of Collinsworth, but it’s insufferable, to me.

8. wilcojoe said, on January 16, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Carson Palmer flat out choking.

9. unca_chuck said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Palmer with the luck pass of the day.

10. unca_chuck said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Arians is a moron. Why are you throwing? That would have gotten it to the 2 minute warning and left GB with 1:00 and no timeouts. Now they have 2 minutes.

• wilcojoe said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Didn’t see your post. Yep! Shaking head.

11. wilcojoe said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Now Palmer tries to go for the kill on 2nd and 8 with over two minutes left? wtf!

12. wilcojoe said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Total pass interference!

13. unca_chuck said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Holy shit.

14. wilcojoe said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Ru kidding me!

15. unca_chuck said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Jesus. That’s terrible defense. 2 45 yard passes in the last 45 seconds?

Unfuckingreal.

16. wilcojoe said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:31 pm

To quote Jack Buck, ” I don’t believe what I just saw”

17. unca_chuck said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:33 pm

And the ref muffs the coin flip.

18. wilcojoe said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Maybe the most exciting final 20 minutes in football history.

19. unca_chuck said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Holy shit! That was crazy stuff. Great game. Palmer had a weird game but came through in the end.

His first playoff win.

20. djloo27 said, on January 16, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Fuck football. How many days till pitchers and catchers, Chi?

21. zumiee said, on January 16, 2016 at 11:00 pm

And everyday getting closer to this: