Game Day!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 24, 2016

I think Denver wins just because they’re at home with a better defense. Also, everyone is predicting that NE walks in this one and we know how “everyone” usually does at the betting window.

Carolina beating AZ seems pretty likely.

But really, who knows? Just needed a new thread.

1. willedav said, on January 24, 2016 at 7:30 am

Will it be colder/icier in Charlotte than Denver?

Coach LeBron now 0-1 after another disappointing loss at home. Hmmnn.

Couple nice home Ws for Cal and Stanford. Flav dunno if you caught Walton doing the Cal-AZ game but he was in rare form. Used the “conference of champions” reference 4 times in a couple minute stretch first half.
    Then showed off 45 single of Dead’s “Golden road”, which he mentioned another 3 or 4 times to the guy he was doing the game with. Guy’s a classic and beneath all the California stuff he promotes does know the game.

• blade3colorado said, on January 24, 2016 at 7:50 am

Denver is in “Indian Summer” mode Willie. No wind today as well – consequently, Gostkowski is easily in play here in Denver if someone is DFSing these 2 games.

• Flavor said, on January 24, 2016 at 10:49 am

thanks. I’m only playing a few teams at FD but this *on the ground* report is helpful.

• Flavor said, on January 24, 2016 at 10:48 am

this LaBron stuff is getting tired. What’s up with him changing the plays? Taking himself in and out? Steph would never do this.

• xoot said, on January 24, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Cal has a lot of depth. Meanwhile, how about Sac Kings now that Cauley-Stein is back? KY would’ve gone unbeaten last year if he hadn’t gone down. With Rondo and Cousins playing well, KY west looks good. Not nearly as good as the Dubs, but good. Nice to see. I saw the new arena the other day, in downtown Sac. Nearing completion. Looks fine.

2. alleykat69 said, on January 24, 2016 at 8:11 am

No way in a cold day does Pats lose this game.
    Manning can’t throw his waffle passes more then 10 yards and they flutter more then Steve Spurrier’s ever did which is sad to compare Manning to Spurrier now.So the Pats secondary is going to play up tight, knowing he can’t beat them deep.
    Brady owns Manning and with a run for his 5th ring, (which will piss me off cause he tied with Joe Cool) he easily gets the job done 27-10 with Peyton battered getting replaced and hopefully retires so he doesn’t have to embarrass himself and the fans anymore!!

• blade3colorado said, on January 24, 2016 at 8:29 am

Good post AK. Only Denver player I am targeting in DFS (with 4 teams, not like you have a gazillion choices), is CJ Anderson.

• wilcojoe said, on January 24, 2016 at 12:06 pm

I have the most games going today than I ever have before, since this will be my last DFS day until baseball starts. It can’t come soon enough!

• willedav said, on January 24, 2016 at 8:59 am

Only downside to PM retiring is having to watch his ugly dome pimping every product imaginable.
      Now if he included the beauty queen little woman for combo HGH promo…

• snarkk said, on January 24, 2016 at 10:08 am

Nice, willied.
        That HGH story sure dropped out of sight quickly. I’m waiting for the story reporting that Manning has filed a defamation lawsuit against AlJazeera, which he promised in an interview he would do. I suspect it could be a long wait…

3. willedav said, on January 24, 2016 at 9:18 am

OK, one of the ? I had for ST was how the Pagan move to LF goes, tho I don’t think at initial signing of Span it became “official.” Do the Giants go all in with Span in CF/Pagan in LF? Is our caballo loco all in on this or secretly hoping to retake CF with Span the one moving to LF? Giants strong clubhouse presence help here?

One of the things pointed out on another blog (around foghorn I think) was that Pagan will be FA and if he moves full time to LF that would diminish likelihood another team would see him as CF and negatively affect value going forward. Of course another season like last year and there might not be any of that anyway.
    Other thing would be, esp vs. RHP, does Pagan swallow more pride and be OK to hit 8th with Span in the LU? Likely everyday guys (very solid) behind Span at lead off would go something like:
    Panik
    Duffy
    Posey
    Pence
    Belt
    Craw

Thoughts? Do Giants ease into this transition? Does Pagan have to take this and like it, or would he rather opt out and go somewhere he can be everyday CF?

As to Susac, fact other teams like him makes him good trade chip (pen help maybe), IF one of the other guys who came up last year show they can be legit ml back up in ST. Plus the other side would be Susac showing he’s ready be every day guy and solid RH pop off bench should Posey to 1b be more imminent.

4. blade3colorado said, on January 24, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Hard to visualize or relate too, unless you play DFS, but so many people had NE’s defense in DFS, that after Denver scored, the minimum “winning position” in a DFS cash game I am in went down commensurate with the 6 points taken away from NE’s defense (if you had that defense – of which 36% did versus 7% for Denver). Anywho, it didn’t really affect too many people playing in this DFS cash game.

5. unca_chuck said, on January 24, 2016 at 2:32 pm

if 36% took NE’s defense how do only 7 take Denver’s? Is the other game in play?

• wilcojoe said, on January 24, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Yeah it includes both championship games. The Panthers ownership is around 30% in most tournaments.

• blade3colorado said, on January 24, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Yes. The other factor in not taking Denver – which is obviously the #1 or #2 defense after Carolina (your point I think) – is the fact that you don’t want to go with the “crowd.” However, there are some players and in this case, defenses, you don’t want to fade. For example, if your 4 QB choices were Cam Newton and the Three Stooges, you obviously don’t fade Newton. Last, but not least, in a cash game versus a tourney, you don’t want to take many risks. Consequently, you’re looking for “high floors” more times than not, versus “high ceilings” which is desired in tourney play. Ideally, you get players that have both attributes.

Still confused? Me too. Lulz. 😉

6. zumiee said, on January 24, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Denver’s D is playing its heart out, but Manning seems pretty ordinary. The D will have to win the game.

7. wilcojoe said, on January 24, 2016 at 3:00 pm

White should have 3 TD’s today but Brady has overthrown him each time. I have White in several tournaments. Your killing me dude!

8. unca_chuck said, on January 24, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Yeah, neither QB is doing much. NE isn’t getting much oressure, but Manning isn;t doing much with all that good field position.

9. pawliekokonuts said, on January 24, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I have nothing to say except hello. As one who just went to ICELAND, I really can’t complain about cold or snow can I, tho’ we did not get one flake of that Snowzilla storm.

• blade3colorado said, on January 24, 2016 at 3:16 pm

10. wilcojoe said, on January 24, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Well, Vegas will be happy. I read where there was an insane amount of action on the Pats.

• Flavor said, on January 24, 2016 at 3:25 pm

I’m the only person I know who thought Den would win. If NE pulls this out I’ll be in awe of Brady.

11. unca_chuck said, on January 24, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Denver keeps giving the ball back to Brady. Those 2 FGs would look pretty good right about now.

12. wilcojoe said, on January 24, 2016 at 3:25 pm

I don’t know if I have ever seen a defense disrupt Brady this much.

13. xoot said, on January 24, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Ted Ginn Jr., where have I heard that name before?

14. unca_chuck said, on January 24, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Palmer is coming up small again. Missed an easy dump and then fumbles.

• unca_chuck said, on January 24, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Course I say that and he leads them on a TD drive.

15. xoot said, on January 24, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Cam Newton’s a helluva QB.

• xoot said, on January 24, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Yikes, except when he’s not. What a Turribull interception

• unca_chuck said, on January 24, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Palmer returns the favor with a worser pass.

• djloo27 said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:06 pm

My favorite banner ever at Yankee Stadium late 60’s:
        “For better or worser, we love Bobby Murcer”

16. wilcojoe said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Cam is a total stud. So fun to watch.

• blade3colorado said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Agree. Got him in all my LUs today.

• xoot said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Cam Newton reminds me in a nostalgic way of Steve Young at his best. The guy does everything, including lead his team. The smile on his face when they score says it all. Smart, imaginative, unflinchingly tough, physical and precise — it’s all there. I’d day the Panthers are favorites heading into SB 50.

• zumiee said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:45 pm

A bit of a hot dog on the sideline, though, perhaps?

• xoot said, on January 24, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Never noticed. But if the tv people broadcast that stuff, it’s hard to assign the percentages of blame, such as it may be.

17. zumiee said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:05 pm

The Patriot’s loss was very much pleasing to me.

• unca_chuck said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:35 pm

I dont really like either of those teams. I think Carolina takes Denver.

18. djloo27 said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:10 pm

I’m worried about Arizona – the Diamondbacks that is…

• zumiee said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:33 pm

I have the theory that an improved D-Backs team actually helps the Giants. The Giants were struggling against the D-Backs anyway, but the Dodgers were using the D-Backs as a doormat. If the D-Backs can split their games with the Dodgers, that would be a good thing for the Giants in the long run.

• pawliekokonuts said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:39 pm

That’s what I thought, too, but did not know how to say it.

19. blade3colorado said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Zum, the Patriots losing was pleasing to me too. In fact, I think that might have been the first time (maybe second . . . dunno) that I rooted for any Denver team, regardless of sport, where it didn’t benefit a bay area team.

• zumiee said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:58 pm

It was one of the few NFL highlights for me this season. Maybe the only one.

• zumiee said, on January 24, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Oh, I forgot the Seahawks getting eliminated. 🙂

20. xoot said, on January 24, 2016 at 7:41 pm

The Cavaliers’ exploits this weekend deserve some accolades, too.

21. willedav said, on January 25, 2016 at 7:36 am

Zum has a point. Seems like LA has been able to clean up on NL West teams not named Giants last few years.
    Last year SF was 8-11 vs. .both AZ and Sherps.