Dominating

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 26, 2016

It’s getting to the point where I’m only watching the first half of Warrior games. If this team stays healthy, the NBA finals will receive an all time low ratings.

1. willedav said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:21 am

I can usually watch garbage time since that’s when I used to get into a game, but when it’s 15 minutes of it that’s different.
    Even at end of game last night tho, Spurs continued to pass cut and move the ball, mirror image of GS.
    Chuck’s right, their huge C did look good.

Lincecum I thought years ago (like after that game vs. Reds 2012) could be good out of the pen, throwing less innings a year and not seeing guys more than 1 AB per game. How much velocity and command he has, esp with fastball, idk.
    And of course holding runners on was never his strength.
    I hope Evans is just paying respectful lip service re: blade’s link from last thread. Best wishes but let him rebuild his career elsewhere.

• willedav said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:23 am

I also don’t think Bochy wants to see him get thrashed and embarrassed anymore either.

2. Carstie Clausen said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:21 am

USA Today Sports has another of those ridiculous rating games going on. This time it’s MLB rotations. In the NLW entries the Snakes are rated 10th in baseball, the Giants 9th and the LaBumbos 7th, with the CUBS rated #1. The Cardinals make the upper 5 and so do the Mets and the Nats. Cleveland not too surprisingly, rates high and so do, gasp, the White Sux. As for the Giants, their rater/s do not think much of Cain and Peavy, though giving high marks to the first 3.

• chipower9 said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:39 am

It is a beautiful thing…back to “flying under the radar”…right where we want to be!

3. chipower9 said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:38 am

Yeah, I was not watching the game last night in the 2nd half nearly as closely as I did the 1st. But it was still fun to watch, as the Warriors are just so damned entertaining with the ball movement, bombs away on the threes, tough D, etc.

As I mentioned at the end of the last thread, I felt so bad for the Kings. I thought they were going to pull that game out in the 2nd OT, but Daniels had the dagger to the heart (typical Kings game). And again, I am not sure how the hell you let Daniels (who I believe they said he had eight 3s in the game) get that damned open for a game winner.

22 days until pitchers and catchers report.

4. chipower9 said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:46 am

In reference to Blade’s comment on Timmy, end of last thread. I like it (that the Giants are “staying in touch and doing their due diligence.” Hey, if he has captured magic in a bottle again because of the hip surgery, it would be so VERY DAMNED SAD to see him in any uniform other than the Orange and Black.

If he truly has something left, I hope like hell they bring him back, but as Steve said, my preference is in a relief role. Hell, if this surgery has fixed what ailed him, I could see him doing late relief and potentially even closing.

If Timmy has what it takes to be competitive, then 55 should retire a Giant.

Regardless of how it all shakes out, he will always be one of my all-time favorite Giants. He, as much if not more than any other one player, was huge in our proud franchise returning to respectability and winning 3 in 5.

I am so excited about the coming year. Yeah, some ? marks with Cain and Jake, but overall, I really like the way this year’s squad is put together.

Giddy Up! Go Giants!

5. xoot said, on January 26, 2016 at 10:04 am

The Giants won’t make a deal with Lincecum unless he’s strong and ready to deliver. Accordingly, nothing would please me more than seeing Lincecum sign on for another year.

• xoot said, on January 26, 2016 at 10:46 am

I do not think it’s likely to happen, however.

• chipower9 said, on January 26, 2016 at 11:02 am

I am with you…do not have high hopes that he will be back, but if he has what it takes, and will gladly accept whatever role the Giants throw at him (bullpen, etc.), then yeah, bring him back.

6. Flavor said, on January 26, 2016 at 10:08 am

Personally, I’m done with Timmy. I love him for what he did but it’s time to move on. Change of scenery time. He’s had 4 straight years of near shit years. Even if his hip is fixed it’s not like he going to be the Timmy of old. And it’s not like we need him as a SP and he will get a deal to pitch as a SP somewhere which is what he wants to do. There are enough desperate pitching staved teams out there who will give him that shot.
    I won’t have a problem seeing him in another uniform. I’ll root for him though, something I rarely do for ex-Giants.

7. chipower9 said, on January 26, 2016 at 11:03 am

Has anyone heard from Twin lately? (I may have missed a comment if he posted over the weekend, as I infrequently get on here on the weekends.)

• willedav said, on January 26, 2016 at 11:33 am

He used to be a regular on Baggs blog.
      My pc does not like Mercury News site so I rarely read that one.

• Bozo said, on January 26, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Oh, it’s cryin’ time again…

• chipower9 said, on January 26, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Montana is the best in my book.

8. snarkk said, on January 26, 2016 at 12:50 pm

If Timmy is gone, he should go to Seattle. I don’t want to see him in another uni in ATT every year. Maybe the Angrls will take a flyer on him. His poor ability to hold runners hampers him for Pen duty, IMO. It will be interesting to see if this hip rehab improves him…

9. blade3colorado said, on January 26, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Abe Vigoda passed away. RIP Fish . . .

• djloo27 said, on January 26, 2016 at 3:26 pm

He had to be at least 137…

10. unca_chuck said, on January 26, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Damn. But he did live a full life of 168 years . . .

• djloo27 said, on January 26, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Didn’t see your post, Chuck, but I’ll leave mine there so everyone here now knows that you’re meaner than me…

• willedav said, on January 26, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Tho Tessio didn’t make it to M. Corleone’s big finish in Godfather 1.

• djloo27 said, on January 26, 2016 at 8:15 pm

One of Barzini’s guys should’ve texted him…

11. unca_chuck said, on January 26, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Looks like. Blake Griffin might get suspended/cut from the Clips. He broke his hand punching an equipment guy. He’s out another 6 weeks anyway.

While the clips go 12-3 without him.

• djloo27 said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Things happen, Chuck. He may have been provoked. A few years ago, I got into a fistfight with the substitute bugler at Aqueduct…

• xoot said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:43 pm

That’s terrific. Nobody will top that.
        Closest I’ve been to a fistfight in recent years occurred at a deposition when I refused to let the other lawyer intimidate my witness. I really thought the guy was gonna swing at me over the conference room table, then he finally backed off. A week later he called and apologized, said he was taking steroids for a bone disease.

• snarkk said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Did he have them sent to his wife?…

• xoot said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:53 pm

I think the poor lawyer had a doctor’s script.

• snarkk said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:36 pm

A guy making millions punches out his equipment manager? Definition of stoopid. Torts time…

• xoot said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Apparently Griffin and the staff guy are good friends. Settlements will be confidential.

12. unca_chuck said, on January 26, 2016 at 9:08 pm