Baltimore Timmy?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 5, 2016

Orioles are interested in Timmy. That uniform would be a good look for him. I’ve liked the Orioles since I was a kid. The name, the uni, Jim Palmer, Doug DefuckingCinces….all of it.

NBA three point contest contenders are lined up and it’s going to be FANTASTIC. Defending champ Steph is back plus Klay. James Harden and Chris Bosh will both be worth watching for the possible implosion factor alone, and the rookie Devin Booker will catch my interest. Middletown, Lowry and Reddick round out that ultra-competitive event.

Of course, we know who is going to win. Here’s a stat for you: this season, Steph is shooting 60.4% from shots 28+ feet out. The NBA average from 3 feet or closer is 59.5%. How rad is that?

1. sfsarge said, on February 5, 2016 at 6:49 am

I don’t know if it would be a good fit or not, but I always just assumed that once Timmy left SF he would become a Mariner.

NBA all star game is the most entertaining of the major sports and the skills contests just add to it. But, I haven’t watched one probably since Shaq was still playing.

2. willedav said, on February 5, 2016 at 7:19 am

AS stuff hard to watch. As long as the Duke guy (JJ) doesn’t win 3 pt…I know a few Laker fans and obviously they don’t like much of what they see, but once Kobe (and probably Scott) is gone there is potential. As long we’re talking AS, remember Larry Nance Jr. dad won first slam dunk contest.

Lot of important b-ball this weekend–Warriors vs. OKC here, Cal-Stanford (men and women), AZ at Washington, Michigan-Sparty, Florida-Kentucky, Purdue-Maryland.

Cal women team sure odd group. Lot of local recruits and usually very competitive. This year 2-9 in conference. Started season with 9 players total (huh?), now down to 7 for last 5 games with one injured frosh and one they aren’t saying anything about. Dunno how you even practice like that and obviously some gals have to play almost entire game. Last game vs. Stanford 2 starting guards went combined 3-18 from floor in game they led early but wound up losing by 10. Bad look for very highly respected D-1 program.

3. Lurker John said, on February 5, 2016 at 7:25 am

Wherever Tim goes, I hope he has success. Even if he stays, with his hip healed and the miraculous off-season rediscovery of his 95 mph heater, I hope he does well.

4. Bozo said, on February 5, 2016 at 7:28 am

With the hip issue taken care of and working with his Pops this Winter, Timmy should come back strong where ever he lands.
    New contact equals new digs for Craw, I believe I could hang there.

• Lurker John said, on February 5, 2016 at 7:44 am

Yeah, I could probably scrape by there.

• blade3colorado said, on February 5, 2016 at 9:08 am

Craw’s wife or an actual home decorator must have selected the furniture, throw rugs, paintings, etc. Place just doesn’t say “Craw,” unless of course, we’re talking Joan Crawford . . . Sheesh, nothing out of place and everything spic and span. Almost expect to see a stack of hangers to beat his kids with.

• giants54 said, on February 5, 2016 at 6:21 pm

That’s probably realtor staging.

• Bozo said, on February 5, 2016 at 9:46 am

Yeah, it doesn’t look like anyone lives there. I guess having me slouched on the couch with a bucket of beers would look a little out of place.

5. Carstie Clausen said, on February 5, 2016 at 7:36 am

Timmy to the AL is fine by me ~ just in case. Would hate to see him elsewhere in the NLW and succeeding against SF. The Orioles uniform should not look strange on him as they too are into Halloween colors.

6. unca_chuck said, on February 5, 2016 at 8:01 am

Prop bets, anyone?

56/1 there will be an earthquake during the game.
    Only 20/1 the power will go out.

7. alleykat69 said, on February 5, 2016 at 8:27 am

I’m betting on another ridiculous coin toss that just floats …

8. chipower9 said, on February 5, 2016 at 11:19 am

37 prop bets. I am going with the over on number 9.

9. chipower9 said, on February 5, 2016 at 11:20 am

Only 12 days until pitchers and catchers report…

10. xoot said, on February 5, 2016 at 11:23 am

Super Bowl I. I remember it vaguely. (In a comment, I once misidentified the big defensive lineman Jim Taylor leveled on a run up the middle. Loo corrected me.) Al Hirt played trumpet at half time. Sucked. Some voice-over guy intoned a sort of prayer and they released a huge flock of “doves of peace”–Viet Nam war was raging at the time. The doves/pigeons got confused by the height of the Coliseum walls and circled a long time before finally climbing altitude to freedom. Many souvenir programs got ruined, being used as hat-shields. There were plenty of empty seats, too. And this happened:

• blade3colorado said, on February 5, 2016 at 3:45 pm

One of the saddest articles I’ve read recently. Len Dawson has lived a golden life (deservedly so); and Willie Wood wasn’t allowed to pursue his love of football via coaching and has incurred all sorts of physical and mental maladies, where he can’t even recall playing the game of football. 😦

Thanks for sharing Xoot.

• xoot said, on February 5, 2016 at 5:04 pm

it’s an excellent, heart-breaking piece of journalism, isn’t it?

11. unca_chuck said, on February 5, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Buck Buchanan?

• xoot said, on February 5, 2016 at 2:23 pm

yeah, that’s the right one. I happened to be looking through our group’s binoculars (we were way the hell up in the stands but not too far from mid field) when Buck Buchanan grabbed Jim Taylor after a run and shook him like a kid. Next play, Taylor ran right over Buchanan. At least that’s how I remember seeing it. I’d love to watch film/tape of that game. (I was so far off on Buchanan — I believe I thought it had been Bubba Smith, who of course never played for KC, but who was famous for his college play at the time of SB I. Old Timers’ Disease.)

12. unca_chuck said, on February 5, 2016 at 2:04 pm

The Chiefs were my favorite non-49er team back in the day.

13. sandog said, on February 5, 2016 at 2:45 pm

I hope Timmy retires. I wanted to see him retire before last year. Obviously, that was a bit of a reach given the money that he would have left on the table, but now the time is right IMO. I’d like to see him hang ’em up and the Giants get to working on a statue of him before long.
    I have 2 positive memories from attending Game 7 in 2002. One was standing near the railing during batting practice and watching Barry have an extended and animated back and forth conversation with Melissa Etheridge, who sang the anthem that night. The other was walking into the Big A in the same general group of people as Doug DeCinces. I didn’t talk to him, but several people approached him. He was cool with everyone and I liked the fact that he was coming out to support his old team as a fan.
    If TImmy must hang on, Baltimore sounds like a good fit to me. But I’d really rather not see it. Lincecum in the American League East could be absolutely brutal.

14. Bozo said, on February 5, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Gaylord Perry statue dedication August 13th against the Orioles (Timmy?), road trip? Hmm…

15. unca_chuck said, on February 5, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Hey Dog! Yeah, don’t want to see Timmy out there too long. He doesn’t have room here but if he does go to Balt, I hope he does well. Hate to see him flail. He was SO good when he was on.

Scary how quick it turned out to be.

16. blade3colorado said, on February 5, 2016 at 6:10 pm

I will try to hold my tongue next season regarding Brandon Belt. Also, and I hope this doesn’t happen, but per Baseball Prospectus, ONLY Angel and Hunter will progress in the LU . . . Everyone else will regress. Oh Oh!

• willedav said, on February 5, 2016 at 7:17 pm

I’d say Belt has this year to show Giants he can play a full season. Otherwise Posey to 1b (or a cheaper replacement) becomes something they look at more closely.
      Projections, btw, had Panik hitting .265 last year with OPS barely above .700.
      Instead he hit .312 with 8 HRs and OPS was .830.
      Duffy is the one I’m interested to see—soph slump or continue to improve and cut down on the Ks and GIDPs?

17. snarkk said, on February 5, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Timmy in another uni is going to bother me. No question.
    Especially if he somehow gets his act together again.
    How about the Nats, led by Dusty in the NLCS v. Giants this year? Could happen…

18. zumiee said, on February 5, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Is this a thing, ballplayers now buy colossal “Spring Training homes”?
    I bought some Fig Newtons in Walgreens the other day. I thought that was kind of a cool purchase.