Busy Non Baseball Sports Day

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 13, 2016

If you are fan-festing today, and I haven’t heard that anyone is, flip me some photos. Today is all about The El Camino Real Derby at GG, links @ Pebble and some all star stuff mixed into the evening. I’m also interested in catching a glimpse of the Buddy Hield Show but don’t know when that’s gonna happen with everything else going on. And I don’t DVR things. I could, I just don’t. Can’t watch something if I know the outcome. You guys DVR stuff?

1. wilcojoe said, on February 13, 2016 at 7:19 am

I hate watching sports taped. It’s just too difficult to go an entire day without knowing what happened. Plus I have been burned a time or two by games that went too long and the fucking DVR didn’t get the whole game.

• xoot said, on February 13, 2016 at 7:16 pm

My kids showed me that I need to record the game and the program after the game to avoid that fail. I like to record games I attend. Someday I’m gonna be there, catching a foul ball and getting a good local roar of applause.

2. willedav said, on February 13, 2016 at 7:43 am

TV $$$ holds up games too If one game is running into start time of broadcast for another, nowadays they wait to start the other one. And b-ball games can go on forever with late fouls/FTs and timeouts, worst part of modern game.

Me and my roommates/buddies from ’80s mostly watched only sports on TV (time of Braves baseball on TBS) and used to make up our “all something” teams, as in “all ugly” or “all haircut” .
    Bryce Alford of UCLA gets my vote for most annoying college player and imo he’s up there in Mat Latos territory.

3. blade3colorado said, on February 13, 2016 at 7:59 am

Speaking of Latos, in my opinion, the White Sox got an unbelievable discount on Mat Latos signing with them for $3 million. Last week I was wondering why no one had signed him yet. Dude has been injured the last couple of years, but is still only 28 and flashed some of the old Latos last season. In short, he seemed like he was getting healthy. Anywho, here’s a Fangraphs column that says it better than I about what a deal they potentially got.

4. willedav said, on February 13, 2016 at 8:36 am

Bochy apparently confirms Span will be CF and lead off, tho csn casts doubt on what LU order will look like.
    Bochy said he talked to Pagan about LF and will talk more with him in ST. Wonder what “The Book” would say about how to set Giants LU? Someone has to hit 8th…

Baggs also has column where Giants say they will be at Lincecum showcase and have stayed in contact, now I guess pushed back to later this month. Sabes sees Giants as set for SPs (6 counting Heston) which would be Lincecum’s goal if he signed on somewhere. Lot of nice things said by Rags and Cain.

Pic of what Pence looks like these days from FanFest is a classic.

KNBR Radnich/Krueger were talking it up big time yesterday AM–anyone hear any of the interviews they did?

5. unca_chuck said, on February 13, 2016 at 8:40 am

Thought I heard that Timmy was a ‘longshot’ to remain with the team according to Sabes.

Too bad. Seeing Timmy somewhere else will be weird. Just hope he gets it together for a couple more years.

6. blade3colorado said, on February 13, 2016 at 9:02 am

I guess Bryce Harper and Jonathan Papelbon are best buds now . . . http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/bryce_harper_on_jonathan_papelbon_beef_squashed_that_day/s1_8061_20327443?mb_edition=5476&linksrc=mb_favorites_head

7. zumiee said, on February 13, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I DVR sports all the time, but don’t end up going back and watching everything. I don’t mind knowing who wins ahead of time. I’d rather just skip the game my team lost.

8. zumiee said, on February 13, 2016 at 1:30 pm

At FanFest, Bochy announced that MadBum will be the opening day starter. Shocking news! šŸ™‚

9. blade3colorado said, on February 13, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Wow . . . Scalia passed away in his sleep.

• unca_chuck said, on February 13, 2016 at 3:10 pm

All that kharma had to catch up with him at some point.

• unca_chuck said, on February 13, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Now, about that Citizwn’s United. . . Strike while the time is here.

• blade3colorado said, on February 13, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Yes, they need to get that law eliminated ASAP.

• snarkk said, on February 13, 2016 at 5:10 pm

I don’t wish anybody ill health or death. Put it this way, though; I cry no tears for the passing of this elitist, intellectually dishonest, right wing nincompoop…

10. blade3colorado said, on February 13, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Outstanding story (and especially video) about Matt Duffy’s rise and how his father has been with him every step of the way.

11. gianthead said, on February 13, 2016 at 5:11 pm

I DVR everything….from SNL to Dubs games on too late. I just have to remember not to check my phone when I wake up and watch the ending of the game. Of course there have not been many games in the last two years to have worried about…DVR tons of old movies that I think the kids should see. Just showed my oldest kid the start of 2001 A Space Odyssey…..

12. gianthead said, on February 13, 2016 at 5:24 pm

I guess I may be the only one here mourning Scalia’s passing:( A legal Giant in my of course most humble opinion. One of my lifetime highlights is meeting him….President Biden I guess will be making the pick next year…

13. zumiee said, on February 13, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Quirky fact: the team with the best regular season record has won the World Series 44% of the time. With the expanded playoffs, starting in ’69, that percentage has been getting lower.

14. xoot said, on February 13, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Nino Scalia was absolutely brilliant, and imho an absolute asshole. I abhor Clarence “Uncle” Thomas, Alito and Roberts just as much, but none of them has Scalia’s full force. I was fighting today, all day, with the lawyers representing the 6 defendants in our case (we’re plaintiff). (Yeah, I know. Wonderful way to spend a great sunny Saturday.) One of the women defense lawyers got the alert on Scalia and let us know. Of course, we were a bit stunned. And we were all a bit surprised to see how consistent our views were. We still fought, though.

15. alleykat69 said, on February 13, 2016 at 7:43 pm

La Vine& Gordon and I don’t mean a law firm just put on a incredible dunk fest display of creativity!Maybe one of the best ever!!
    La Vine wins it, but they should of both claimed the title imo..

16. Flavor said, on February 13, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Gordon was better.

17. wilcojoe said, on February 13, 2016 at 8:14 pm

I only caught the final round but it was fantastic. I don’t think Jordan or Dominique could come close to what I saw tonight.