Quick Thoughts

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 2, 2016

****Pence has inflammation, no structural damage, so that’s good—shouldn’t impact his ability to act in his girlfriend’s dumbass gifs/short films.

****The Rockies are raising the fences this year. That kinda came out of left field, didn’t it? What the hell is going on in Colorado?

****Turns out the Mets gave Cuddyer a 2 mil buyout. I thought you couldn’t do that in MLB? Anyone know the rules about this?

1. chipower9 said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:04 am

Hey Flav – Do you know when Pence and his banging hot fiancé will be releasing their next video? Fuck dude, I cannot wait…almost as suspenseful as waiting for baseball season to start. 😉

Rockies? Fences? Whatevah! I fucking hate Denver teams in general.

Most importantly – first ST game is on the air today! I am SO READY to hear SF Giant baseball over the airwaves! WHOOT!

• zumiee said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:11 am

Giants game is on the MLB Network at 1 and 10 Pacific Tjme.

2. chipower9 said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:12 am

Thanks, Zume, but I am at work, so radio is how I will be flying today.

3. chipower9 said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:13 am

And how about those Golden State Warriors! No Curry. No Iggy. No problem. Green oh so close to yet another triple-double (missed by one assist). This fucking team is so damned fun!

4. willedav said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:20 am

@xoot
    looked at NBA mock draft on cbs site, which has Cal’s J Brown going 4th, O’Dowd’s Ivan Rabb lower. Murray is 3rd, but they do list the big Labissiere going first round but column focuses on how he has been disappointing and stock has dropped. couple bloggers commenting can’t stand the guy and say he has zero chance.
    You watch them (I haven’t) so I’d like to know what you think. Good W vs. Gators last night for UK.
    Btw, couple Vandy guys listed as first rounders too, plus of course Simmons going to Sixers as #1. SEC sure is interesting at top.

• xoot said, on March 2, 2016 at 10:09 am

KY’s bigs have been an issue all season. The brief injury to Poythress left them scrambling to find the right balance inside. Marcus Lee’s tough but he’ll foul out if he’s the only tough one in the game. Labissiere was rightly criticized as soft in the first half of the season. He had a very good game yesterday but he only played about 15 minutes. In fact, I believe it was his first start since before xmas. Admittedly, he’s improved a lot. But it’s impossible for me to imagine him playing in the NBA now. Cousins would crush him like a Coors can under a boot heel. As to the road win in Fla. yesterday, it was just what the Wildcats needed. They need to play that way during the SEC tournament. Every KY fan watching the home game vs. LSU this weekend will have one thought in mind: the NCAA doesn’t play MM games in Rupp Arena.

• gianthead said, on March 2, 2016 at 11:21 am

As a Kentucky fan, Labissiere would be a fool not to stay another year or even two in school…

• xoot said, on March 2, 2016 at 12:28 pm

agreed. Lee, Poythress and Ulis have benefited from extra time in Lexington.

5. alleykat69 said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:28 am

Ahh Baseball starting today!
    Let’s get it on, fresh cut grass, sounds of bats cracking, hot dogs and a cold one, woman in scantily outfits, doesn’t get any better!
    Specs gets a shot at SS,and my man Gorky Hernadez? a start today as well lol..

6. chipower9 said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:37 am

1. Kelby Tomlinson (R) SS

2. Joe Panik (L) 2B

3. Brandon Belt (L) 1B

4. Buster Posey (R) C

5. Jarrett Parker (L) RF

6. Brandon Crawford (L) DH

7. Mac Williamson (R) LF

8. Conor Gillaspie (L) 3B

9. Gorkys Hernandez (R) CF

And just WHO THE FUCK is Gorkys Hernandez??? Talking about flying under the damned radar! 😉

• willedav said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:39 am

lifetime minor leaguer who has floated around (pirates, others), never hit much good defensive player.

7. willedav said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:37 am

Couple things coming together, Feb as black hist month and 2016 being 50th anniversary of Texas Western’s ground breaking team of all black starters upsetting UKs all white ones for NCAA title resulted in few flashback stories. Something I didn’t know was that Pat Riley went over to Miner’s locker room afterward and congratulated them according to D Lattin, who played briefly for Warriors.

Belt Panik and Posey (to C Samardz) regs in as Bochy says only a few will play each day.
    Does mention Gorkys will get a look as he is legit CF. If I worried about anything it would be Giants OF. Rotation and pen seem set, IF is great and prospects abound everywhere except OF. Williamson according to Bochy will be in Sac, and Parker idk if he will every make enough contact. blanco and pagan in walk years.

• chipower9 said, on March 2, 2016 at 9:21 am

Parker, in the minors, K’d once about every three ABs…slightly higher rate in the majors in only 54 ABs. But he showed some power last year, and also had power in the minors. As a 5th OFer, He also played pretty decent D. I am down with him if this is how it all shakes out.

8. Carstie Clausen said, on March 2, 2016 at 9:04 am

Breakout year? Keep your eye on Williamson. Another Big Mac may be arising. Big guy. Injuries set his progress through the pipeline back by a season. He could erupt. Unless he totally dominates in ST, Parker will get the 25 man nod, though. Filler on the bench. Williamson is the sort of talent who needs to play ever day. Should arrive in the 2nd half.

• chipower9 said, on March 2, 2016 at 9:12 am

That is my synopsis, too, Stix. Back a month or so ago when we were all kicking around names for the 5th OFer, I said then I thought Parker would be that guy. Still my pick. Agree, Williamson needs to play every day.

9. ewisco said, on March 2, 2016 at 9:23 am

nice line for Lopez in article by Baggs:

His only worry, and he is being sincere, is making sure he is still spry enough to react safely to batted balls. Maybe he should consider pitching around a hitter like Giancarlo Stanton, then?

“Oh,” Lopez said. “I already do that.”

10. zumiee said, on March 2, 2016 at 9:23 am

A Conor Gillaspie sighting. My big memory of him is not so much the inside-the-park HR, but the fact that he wouldn’t smile afterwards. He was all “Yeah, I do this all the time,” with his facial expression. Come on, dude! Smile when you go inside-the-park!! It turns out, we’ve learned, that his personality did rub the team the wrong way when he was there. But now he “gets it,” and just wants to fit in and stay in the bigs, and enjoy the experience. A big dose of reality kicked in.

11. unca_chuck said, on March 2, 2016 at 10:53 am

I thought they were changing up the music . . . 🙂

12. chipower9 said, on March 2, 2016 at 11:33 am

Here is the NY Times piece that Pawlie mentioned on the last thread re: Curry:

And here is another article I found on the site about Draymond. While a little over a month old, still a good read.

• pawliekokonuts said, on March 2, 2016 at 5:22 pm

tnx

13. xoot said, on March 2, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Connor Gillaspie commits and error and then next AB rips a HR.

14. chipower9 said, on March 2, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Ahhhh…sweet music to my ears…SF Giant baseball is on the airwaves. Life is good…

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on March 2, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Gillaspie, Orroyo and Lollis with RBI today.

Flemming is still a pencil neck.

16. Flavor said, on March 2, 2016 at 3:14 pm

you guys that listened to this game today. Gamers.

• Macdog said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:31 pm

I got a couple gripes at work when I put it on TV, haha.

17. wilcojoe said, on March 2, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Jeopardy had a category last night called “California sports teams.” When shown the Warriors logo, the contestants were asked to name the team. No one buzzed in. Unbelievable!

18. pawliekokonuts said, on March 2, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Brandon Crawford, sore shoulder; he’s on a throw count. Hmmmmmmm.

• Flavor said, on March 2, 2016 at 5:26 pm

seems to always have a sore shoulder in spring, sure he’ll be fine

19. pawliekokonuts said, on March 2, 2016 at 5:22 pm

coldasf*ck today, with snow

• Flavor said, on March 2, 2016 at 5:37 pm

definitely has felt like spring here for the last month or so but I hear some rain might move in later in the week. And that’s got me all frowny faced. 😦

• Carstie Clausen said, on March 2, 2016 at 5:44 pm

Cold last 3 days here in the Northwoods. But 50’s expected over the weekend and looks to be a couple nights of non-freezing temps. Means the remaining snow-cover will take a major hit.

20. snarkk said, on March 2, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Re the buyout question. Assumedly the buyout was a contract provision for the last year of the deal, like zito’s or any other player with a multi year deal. I think the CBA does not allow a prepay buyout of multiple years remaining in the case of a player really sucking early on a multi year deal. I could be wrong….

• Flavor said, on March 2, 2016 at 7:57 pm

that makes sense. And I wonder if retirement is contingent on it?

21. Flavor said, on March 2, 2016 at 8:49 pm

there are 4 games tomorrow but if the available ticket prices are any indication, there is only one game tomorrow.
    Thursday, March 3
    MATCHUP TIME (PT) NAT TV AWAY TV HOME TV TICKETS
    Phoenix Miami 4:30 PM FSAZ SUN 2,693 tickets available from $24
    San Antonio New Orleans 5:00 PM TNT 1,648 tickets available from $9
    Sacramento Dallas 5:30 PM CSAC FSSW 1,657 tickets available from $9
    Oklahoma City Golden State 7:30 PM TNT 618 tickets available from $176

• snarkk said, on March 2, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Validates my view that only the Dubs are worth watching in the NBA. Sac v Dallas? Yuk…

22. unca_chuck said, on March 2, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Went to 4 games last year. None this year. The prices on stub hub have gone up 4x. The price of glory…….