We Win, SD Bends Over

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 5, 2016

It can’t be this easy, can it?

I’m still doing a slow burn about San Diego. You’re facing Kershaw, we get it, he’s tough. But to lose 15-love is just an utter lack of effort. Especially at home on opening day. A minimum expectation should be showing up and marginally competing. They didn’t do that yesterday.

I’m not sure how Padre fans feel about their team since I don’t know any Padre fans. I’ve never even met one in all my years of walking the earth.

And a quick note on Sonny Gray: he had food poisoning last June and missed a start, now he got it again? I think I’ve had food poisoning twice in my life, how did he get it twice in less than a year? And what are the odds that he keeps getting felled by it the day before a start?

But back to our team. As I was skeptical yesterday of Bumgarner I am definitely casting a wary eye towards Cueto. I still don’t understand why he was facing minor leaguers most of spring training. But with Span on pace for 810 RBI’s this season maybe we don’t need Cueto’s most dominant effort today…..

1. zumiee said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:18 am

You might disagree with the strategy, but the Giants limited Cueto’s exposure to divisional opponents. It’s something the Giants do in ST,

What a drag for Padre fans who had tickets to opening day. All that anticipation, and then the Padres get so humiliated.

• Flavor said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:25 am

I don’t necessarily disagree with the strategy as pointless as I think it is. In certain cases, I think it would make sense. It could also be that’s a ruse and they were pitching him against minor leaguers because he came to camp out of shape. Either way, it’s in the past now.

2. zumiee said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:31 am

I loved those camera shots of the blizzard outside the windows of the Brewers’ covered ballpark. The snow flying sideways outside while the ballgame goes on comfortably.

• Bozo said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:07 am

That was pretty wild. I wonder if any of the Brewers fans tailgated before the game?

3. wilcojoe said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:32 am

Didn’t something similar happen a few years ago in an NBA game? The home team played so bad in their home opener that the owner refunded everyone’s tickets?

4. bassbaldy said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:33 am

Yawwwnn … streeeeetch!! … Hey Flap Nation! … Lisle here, de-hibernating and emerging from my “man-bear-pig” cave .. Missed y’all !! I finally procured a groovy monicker: ‘bassbaldy’ .. Whaddya think?

Wow, back to back to back yesterday and pretty much the antithesis from Bum with his 3bb. What an auspicious start … I’m feeling magic in the air!

• Flavor said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:20 am

Lisle! Welcome back. Anchoring down Flap representation in Sacto this year?

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:30 am

Welcome back, Lisle! I have wondered where the fuck you got off to! I am sure there are some stories there. 😉
      Anyway, welcome back to the Flap Universe…the grandest place on Planet Earth.

5. zumiee said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:33 am

Pollock with a broken arm, and Greinke getting lit up has to send a shiver through the D-Backs.

6. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:53 am

Opening day doubled as sink replacement day at my house. I spent a lot of time wandering the aisles of Home Depot. It was there that I spotted the elusive Padre Fan in full jersey and hat. Having rooted for such a shitty team for so long of course he was found in the plumbing section. His jersey of choice was the old yellow and brown. He even had an SD tat on his forearm. I should have asked for his thoughts on his team. Instead I asked him where I could find some plumbers putty.

• wilcojoe said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:04 am

Lulz!

• Flavor said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:21 am

double lulz

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:31 am

Triple lulz! Or is that a Triple Lindy?!

7. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:55 am

Some preseason predictions had Milwaukee as the worst team in the league. If they were to offload Braun this summer would you want him?

• Bozo said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:13 am

Braun? I’m a no. Let the Brewcrew Fedex that $20 million contract to someone else.

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:32 am

No. Fuck no!

8. wilcojoe said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:09 am

Rockies may have found their next Tulo in rookie SS Trevor Story. Hits two bombs off Greinke. Good opposite field power. He will be fun to watch in Sherpaville (or whatever Blade calls it).

• Flavor said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:24 am

love it when exciting young players burst on the scene like that.

9. Flavor said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:23 am

Fuck Ryan Fraud and the fans who continue to support him. I’ve got no problem with him taking steroids, as dumb as he is to get caught. My issue is him throwing an unsuspecting FedEx guy under the bus, nearly ruining the guy’s reputation. He’s not very good w/o steroids anyway, I wouldn’t take him if the Brewers were paying…….

10. twinfan said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:44 am

I don’t remember who it was but one of the guys was *reminding* Cueto that he would get “none” runs tonight. Johnny just laughed as if to say- “don’t you know it”?
    i forgot that the Brewers had a closed stadium so I was thinking that it didn’t look too cold to me.Uh, it takes me awhile to figger that stuff out..

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:33 am

Good to see you Michael! Hope all is well for you and Merna!

11. willedav said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:46 am

Open letter to B Evans from TBN society:
    You had great offseason but now is time to do something even the great Sabean could not do–TradeBeltNow.

First, he is healthy. since he will be on DL any day now and cannot be traded then, time is of essence. this is a guy who despite having biggest glove out there uses his face to stop baseballs and puts himself in harms way running the bases not very well. It won’t last.

Second, he is batting .750. Once Bochy puts him back in LU this will drop precipitously, probably .500 points.
    Again this will not last.

Third, 2000 miles away from ATT facing crummy pitching in dome band box yard, best he can do is a double.
    Meanwhile, our leadoff hitter, 2b 3b and C all hit monster HRs. As we all know the SS hit more than he did last year so this is not just a trend and this will last.
    Belt totaled 0 HRs and 1 rbi, accounting for one twelfth of Giants runs. Over a season you know what that will work out to be, which isn’t good esp for 1b.

So pls do us all a favor and TBN ASAP.

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:34 am

LMAO…good one!

12. willedav said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:19 am

All seriousness, feel bad for my godson the Pads fan and season ticket package transplant. He’s about to become a dad soon which will hopefully take his mind off pads He realizes Giants will be really good but probably only suspects Pads could be worse than last year.

Shields goes tonite but likely will be dealt off at some point.
    They kept the bad Upton and let the good one walk.
    They start John Jay in CF and bat him leadoff.
    Ross got hammered by Dodgers of Utley Crawford and AJ Ellis and he’s best SP they have.
    Alexi Ramirez is SS…better maybe than Alexi Amarista, but still.

Nice place to visit, but…

13. chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:38 am

Nice win yesterday…the conga line was a finely oiled machine, and it was time to queue-up this gem…

But the really important question of the day is did anyone get a picture of “THE TITS” to share with the rest of us working stiffs who were not fortunate enough to see the game???

• Macdog said, on April 5, 2016 at 9:31 am

Regarding the rack behind the plate: You can catch a brief glimpse on the Belt double, without the upper left info box getting in the way;

• Macdog said, on April 5, 2016 at 9:37 am

Better yet, three straight peeks on the back-to-back-to-back HRs. The first one by Span is the best:

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Nice. Thanks for the share, Mac. Hoping Blade and I can meet up with you when we do our East coast swing in July.

• xoot said, on April 5, 2016 at 9:52 am

Those snippets really don’t do her justice. She was alive, penciling every pitch and play onto her score card, applauding the occasional Brewer highlight, really enjoying the game. And her decision on what to wear to the dome–perfect for opening day. What a woman.

• Bozo said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:50 am

That explains why Bob Uecker didn’t get the front row seat.

• wilcojoe said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:58 am

$115-$135 for that seat location is not a bad deal at all.

• unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Does that include a lap dance?

• pawliekokonuts said, on April 5, 2016 at 3:20 pm

I’m a tad disappointed. I thought I was oh-so-perceptive to notice Ms. Amy Front Row Rack. Turns out she’s a celeb.

• xoot said, on April 5, 2016 at 3:56 pm

She’s acting. I’d like to see that score card she worked on all game long. I’ll bet it had a bunch of penciled /////// marks and little else. Probably didn’t even keep up with substitutions. Damn. What a let down.

14. Carstie Clausen said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:53 am

Memorable takeoff for the NLW. LaBumbos and Giants crush two of the worst teams in the league while the Snakes get stomped by the Rox. Of course the Dogs pretty much shoot their wad every 5 games with Opie on the mound, while the Giants have a couple more aces to toss at those Brewhahas. Meanwhile Greinke gets his ass handed to him by the Sherps. Not to forget the two upcoming vs Milwaukee, but the Home opener vs the LaLaLanders should be good for some insights into how the season plays out.

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:38 am

I cannot wait for that home opener! My daughter and I will be in the Club Level. I am ready to rock and roll and see our boys kick some Dodger ass! Humm Baby!

15. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:58 am

Hey Mike! Settling in out there? Glad to hear from you at the start of another glorious season.

16. gianthead said, on April 5, 2016 at 9:34 am

I did back off my original win total for the season with the question mark about Cain’s arm. But I am going with a revised prediction of 105 wins…

17. gianthead said, on April 5, 2016 at 9:41 am

One thing I liked about yesterday were the Rangers and how they pulled that win off. I think they may be the sleeper in the AL and just got in on a Giants-Rangers World Series at 55-1 odds. I went ahead and took Giants-Royals at 35-1 and Giants-Astros at 40-1. I may go back and throw an extra $20 on Giants-Yankees at 70-1, but get them while the odds are hot…about 10-12 years ago I got food poisoning 4 times in a couple year stretch and never the same food.

Tuna fish salad in one lunch eatery, then seafood in Puerto Rico, then a traditional Caesar dressing made with raw eggs and then finally the biggest mistake of all, running to a meeting in DC and grabbed a curb side hot dog…then a few years later, the second biggest mistake…a 7-11 hot dog:(((((((((( Many unhappy faces…Go Giants…

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 5, 2016 at 9:57 am

Ah, the manifold perils of life on the run in our overworked, overstressed, overhurried contemporary reality. One thing i can recommend about retirement out in the countryside is that while the need to get things done remains (think homesteading with wood-based heating and cooking plus much gardening); there is no great rush to get things done yesterday. Today’s breakfast consisted of local butchershop smoked bacon, cut off a full slap right in the kitchen; a mess of grits; four large Amish farm eggs; a couple slices of stove-toast slathered with chunky peanutbutter and a mug of high-test coffee.

Maybe once did i endure food-poisoning. That was on a farewell to HHH as Veep junket as editor of the South St. Paul Sun back in ’68. As i recall, the item that laid me low overnight and all was a meal at then Senator Mondale’s table in a hoity-toity joint in D.C. Nowadays i’m about as far from that lifestyle as one can get.

So count those days till you can drop the hurry-up, GH. And look forward to taking naps whenever you feel like it on a barely above freezing, drizzly northwoods day like is happening out my window as i type. Or as an old buddy used to put it “don’t sweat the petty stuff. Pet the sweaty stuff.”

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:42 am

Good suggestions, Stix. I would love to see your place sometime. Talking about living off the grid, or damned near…that is cool.

18. willedav said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:01 am

Always sad to hear another jazz musician checks out of the planet, latest being tenor sax man Gato Barbieri.
    Buddy of mine had his LP from 71 Fenix, with Lonnie L Smith Ron Carter (hey Lisle) Lenny White Nana Vasconcellos. Great tune on that one we both loved called Falsa Baiana, nice melody propelled by Carter and fiery playing from Barbieri who enters forcefully and doesn’t let up. Listened to it again on youtube, very nicely done.

19. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:14 am

Too bad it wasn’t Ralph . . .

I kid, I kid . . .

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:43 am

lulz…

20. sandog said, on April 5, 2016 at 11:17 am

I came into some free tickets at work and was at the Padre debacle. I don’t think it was lack of effort, but man, what an egg to lay on opening day! Petco was all dressed up with All Star game logos and some cool improvements, the place was packed, and then THAT happened. SD fans don’t care much though. The sun was out, the beer was flowing, and the bars were packed afterward with very little bitterness in the air that I could detect.
    Cheers to Villanova. Good to see one of the non-blue bloods come home with the prize. It had to feel great for them to shove the “Nova always chokes early” line down their critic’s throats.

• Flavor said, on April 5, 2016 at 12:15 pm

were the fans bummed or was it just pretty casual throughout the game

• sandog said, on April 5, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I think we left at 8-0 and I hadn’t noticed anything from the SD fans really. There were a lot of Dodger fans there yukking it up, which sucked. I had a pretty happy buzz going for the afternoon and enjoyed seeing we had one handily, so all was well as far as I was concerned.

21. chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 11:36 am

Good “player tribune” compilation on Bumgarner, compliments of my brother from another mother, Mike.

If you have not seen Crawford and Duffy pieces before, they are available at the bottom of the page.

22. chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 11:37 am

San just mentioned the NCAA final. Wow! I picked-up the game near the end of the 1st half. What a fucking great game! One of the best hoops games I have seen in a very long time. Nova with the buzzer beater…loved it!

23. willedav said, on April 5, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Tolbert was talking to Dan Belluomini I think Friday about the Tourney. He asked him if there were sentimental fav among coaches he knew and B said it was Wright and Nova. He said general feeling is, Carolina and Duke and such regularly get as many McDonald’s All Americans as they want every year regardless of who they lose.

Pawlie good luck to Cuse Gals. I watched them thrash U of Washington Sunday with pressure defense and inside and outside scoring. They harassed leading scorer from Pac 12 into turnovers and poor shooting and led start to finish.
    Stewart of powerhouse UConn is hella versatile player and she has plenty of help.

24. wilcojoe said, on April 5, 2016 at 12:52 pm

I really hate this rule where if the runner overslides or foot incidentally comes off the bag they can be taged out. What is to stop the fielder from using his glove to push the runners sliding foot off the bag? Should the sliding runner just make the “time out” wave with his arms as he is sliding into the bag? Terrible rule.

• unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Got to be in control on the basepaths . . . To extend that reasoning, why slide at all? If you can overslide the bag, there’s no reason to try and stop yourself.

• wilcojoe said, on April 5, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I have no problem with the runner being called on the blatant overslide but the ticky tack foot falling off the bag for half a second and being called out on a replay, I just don’t like. I think the new neighborhood rule where a second baseman or shortstop misses the bag on a DP is going to become annoying as well. Not to mention your going to see middle infielders with career ending injuries as a result of having to control the bag.

• unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 4:01 pm

I don’t think so. The whole idea of the new rule was to stop take-out slides. Minimizing that minimizes the overslide as well. Having to actually make the play correctly isn’t a problem for me. 99.9% of those neighborhood plays are where the 2nd baseman or SS is running across the bag trying to catch the ball while touching the bag, not in harm’s way taking a throw.

This is the 2nd attempt to rectify this situation regarding the Holiday/Scutaro type play. It used to be all you needed to do was contact the bag in some way to make the slide legal. The new rule states you have to slide before the bag. By doing it this way the fielder can (sort of) use the bag as a shield.

• wilcojoe said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:07 pm

I did not realize that. I guess I will rectify my statement to say, I hate these new rules when they go against the Giants. Otherwise their great 😉

• unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Yeah, it kind of evens things out. No take out slide for the baserunners, no neighborhood play for the fielders.

25. Bozo said, on April 5, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Y’all might want to check this out, I thought it was a pretty entertaining read (sorry if someone has already posted this here).

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 5, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Thanx, Clown. Fun to see a panel of experts genuflecting in the direction of the Giants. They had one helluva time trying to find any discernible holes.

26. chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 2:17 pm

1. Denard Span (L) CF
    2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    3. Buster Posey (R) C
    4. Hunter Pence (R) RF
    5. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    6. Matt Duffy (R) 3B
    7. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    8. Johnny Cueto (R) P
    9. Angel Pagan (S) LF

Boch going with the LaRussa method again…

27. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Hmmm. Cueto isn’t quite as adept as Bummie with the bat . . . (.107 .134 .109)

Kinda curious but if it works once . . .

28. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 5, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Crawford probably takes a quick glance at these lineup and thinks “hey, out of the 8 hole. Sweet.” Then after BP he takes a closer look and is like “wtf, Boch. W. T. F.”

29. Bozo said, on April 5, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Not many fans at the Yard tonight. I guess Tuesday night ice fishing is a bigger draw.

30. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Jesus. Nice to see 37 people show up for the game tonight.

31. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Big fly!

32. Bozo said, on April 5, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Oh yeah, tied up.

33. Macdog said, on April 5, 2016 at 5:45 pm

The Craw!

34. Bozo said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:00 pm

I gotta think that Cueto is loving the D behind him.

35. wilcojoe said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Your right Chuck. The new rule in action on that Pence slide into second.

36. djloo27 said, on April 5, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Anyone think Panik and Duffy could combine for 30 homers this year?

• snarkk said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:19 pm

37. Flavor said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:24 pm

I totally support Belt bunting against the shift. I hope he does it nearly every time he goes up there, every time when no one is on base

• unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:30 pm

In this park I’d rather have him swinging.

38. pawliekokonuts said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I love Santiago Casilla (hope I don’t jinx him). I still say he is one of the Giants’ most underrated guys. Without him, no three rings.

39. gianthead said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Message to Carstie….not only can I hear you, I am following your lead. We moved out to the country two ye as ago in Virginia, getting out of the DC burbs.

Amazing to hear your Mondale ’68 story…I can’t count how many bad meals I have had in DC. The most hyped up steakhouse because of location is the most mediocre place you can imagine and too many of these hotel meals for big events..I am done with all that. One lunch with my old firm I was pretty convinced the steak they served had to be circa 1956….

So now working from home, 5 kids driving me crazy but have the year old 165 pound Mastiff and year old yappy rat/fox dog that drives me crazy. The 5 hour lawn mowing can get old but that is wh at the 5 kids are for…so no more hot dogs on the run! Ever…

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Glad you made that move, GH. Five kids, eh. Piker. Buncha Amish in my neighborhood and the guy who sharpens my chainsaw already has him a full football team (if you count the rope-skipping girls) and he’s not quite 35 yet. Drew a little picture of the Amish Home Entertainment Center (a 4-poster bed). That one got passed around their community toute de suite. Those Amish mamas are not much to look at for the most part, but they can cook, clean, garden and keep that assembly line going. You got the right idea on what kids are for. Amish folks have their own schools. 8 grades only. But the kids do know how to work…other things too once they’re old enough to sprout a beard.

40. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Ballgame!!! Cueto looked very good. 7 strong.

41. gianthead said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:41 pm

2 down..103 to go….Cruz and Sanders win in Wisconsin, Armageddon can’t be far behind…

• gianthead said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Cueto the steal of the off-season…Casilla looked awesome. Belt is going to have a big year…

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Feel the Bern, baby!

• unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Good to see Bogut out there. Heard Iggy is uni as well.

And Festivus. Nice that the Dubs are healing up for the 2nd season.

42. djloo27 said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Tidy!

• chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Good to see ya back, Loo!

• djloo27 said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Thanks, Chi.

43. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Going for 70!

44. chipower9 said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Nice ballgame! Cueto looked great, and the boys scratched out just enough offense. Bust out the brooms tomorrow!

45. alleykat69 said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Ballgame!!
    Great stuff Casilla to close it out.
    Cuervo Cueto very effective in his debut. Romo as well. Throw in s Crawdad Bomb& a Belt bunt what’s not to like!

46. Bozo said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:44 pm

That works for me. 2-0

47. pawliekokonuts said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Hiya to Twinfan and Merna, Lisle, James, and a few others who’ve not been here in a while. Can tedSpe, Ferret, and mrMrMr be far behind?

48. Macdog said, on April 5, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Johnny C good!

49. Carstie Clausen said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Milwaukee’s hitters are not exactly heavy timber or lumber yard compared with a few years back, but they are a ML team and one of the most endearing things about baseball is that just about any team can beat a generally much better squad more often than in any other major sport. So Cueto’s performance tonight went a long ways to show that the braintrust knew what they were doing when they took on that contract.

Sometimes the hitters are just a bit outta synch, like that situation in the top of the 9th when somehow they managed to not add on an insurance run. Made Casilla hafta strut his stuff in fine form ~ partly laying to rest another of those pre-season trepidations. Sometimes, when the pitching is excellent and the defense sparkles, you just need to score one more tally than the other guys. That’s all it took tonight.

50. xoot said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Good game all around, although letting Belt run in the 9th is second-guessable. The Brewers pitched around Buster, walking him on 4 semi-intentionally and then once fully intentionally. No respect for the clean up man, yet. May Cueto stay healthy.

• xoot said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Actually Belt was probably sent running, busted hit n run.

51. sandog said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:27 pm

So far, so good. Cueto looked fine and I didn’t realize he was such a fast worker—another big plus in my book. Span looks great so far and I dig our line-up. To me, Crazy Horse seems to be in good shape and not pouting at all about LF or the 9 hol–which was a concern I had coming in to this year.
    I’m enjoying the free preview on DirectTV, but I’m already hooked and ready to shell out the $174 to finally have a season where I watch all the games.

52. snarkk said, on April 5, 2016 at 8:53 pm

So, 2-1 with good pitching and good D. A sweep is usually hard to do, but hey, why not?…

53. zumiee said, on April 5, 2016 at 9:32 pm

It’s been 20 years since the Cubs won their first 2 games of the season. Hardly seems believable.

• unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 9:49 pm

That’s hard to believe, Zumie.

• zumiee said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:06 pm

That was according to someone on the MLB Network.

54. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Pads about to get shut out. Again. Any team started the season scoring 0 runs in their first 3 games?

55. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Dubs in another dog fight.

• Lurker John said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:00 pm

The Dubs are playing like shit and have been for a while now.

56. Lurker John said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Getting dominated by the 25-52 Timberwolves. A miserable performance tonight. Fuck the record, they keep this up and they won’t make the conference finals. Kerr looks like he hasn’t got a clue in the world how to fix this. Shit defense, erratic offense and a ton of turnovers. Floundering.

57. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Why Klay didn’t take the shot from 3′ I don’t know.

58. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Minnesota’s a very young team that is better than their record. Beyond that, they need to get Festus and Iggy back into game shape.

Frankly I’d be resting Steph, Klay, Bogut, and Draymond more. These games don’t mean much other than to keep the 1 seed.

59. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:09 pm

These are really stupid turnovers.

60. Lurker John said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Maybe so, but they are going to win this game, and so goes the record. No way they beat the Spurs twice. Any thoughts of a championship are starting to circle the drain. Curry looks exhausted. They can’t even get a good look let alone make a basket. 23 turnovers. Wow. They don’t win it this year and all the naysayers from last year will be laughing their asses off.

61. Lurker John said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Kerr needs to jerk his head out of his ass and bag the record. Sit the starters for at least a full game. But if you look at Kerr dude, he doesn’t know what to do. This is bad.

62. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Yeah, the record is bullshit. Killing the team to get a meaningless record does nothing for the playoff run.

63. Lurker John said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Minnesota has been strolling into the paint the entire second half. Non-existent defense.

64. Lurker John said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Wow, what a pathetic performance. And what’s Kerr doing? Sitting on the bench with a stupid grin on his face.

65. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Yeah, the interior defense was gone. Bogut and Draymond were in foul trouble most of the 2nd half.

Dubs need to sit everyone vs SA.

66. Macdog said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Woof.

67. unca_chuck said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:25 pm

36-8 in free throws? Shit. Kerr needs to get these guys driving to the basket. That’s ludicrous. They blew a 17 point lead. They really need to stop worrying about the record.

68. Lurker John said, on April 5, 2016 at 10:28 pm

I agree. They’ve all but blown it now, so fuck it. Get rested up for the playoffs. Getting 70 wins would be an incredible achievement in and of itself. Let the Bulls live in the past and whine about how they’d whip this team.