There’s winning and Then There’s WINNING!!!!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 9, 2016

When the protagonists in the story line are named Ross Stripling and Trevor Brown, you know you have the makings for a Giants/Dodgers insta-classic. The best story lines are written by The Randoms….

But it wouldn’t have been nearly as awesome had Brown hit that bomb off the Dodgers newest rookie CPA. Admit it. Stripling’s stone faced mug in the dugout was a snap shot moment in the rivalry that will live for a long, long time. And this was another managerial gaffe by a manager of a team that has had a lot of those in the last few years. “Two-Trips” got a nickname out of his screw up. What shall we call Roberts? Davey -something…

But was it really a “managerial gaffe?” Roberts was put in an unwinnable position. The kid was on a pitch count and he wasn’t close to finishing the game. He would have probably had to let him go to AT LEAST 125 to complete the no hitter and you can’t justify doing that considering the situation—-he’s a Tommy-John *survivor*. It was cold and wet. It was his first start of the year. I mean, those are the reasons he’s on a pitch count in the first place. Dave Roberts didn’t invent the concept of the pitch count and he’s certainly not allowed to go *lone wolf* on medical science as it relates to baseball. Not in that situation anyway.

But for Giants fans, the sweetest of evenings. Dave Roberts ejecting himself out of the dugout at a rate of speed not seen since the days of George Brett was probably my 3rd favorite moment of the night after Brown’s improbable blast and the Crawford walk off.

In the box score, it was simply the 4th win of a long season yet to unfold. For Ross Stripling it was a dagger to his heart. For Giants fans, a little bit more “knowing” got added to that head nod. And for Dodger fans, they weep, collectively.

1. Carstie Clausen said, on April 9, 2016 at 8:01 am

After all that drama yesterday, today looms as something akin to a “must win” for the LaBumbos. Must Win in the first week of the season, you say? Ridiculous? Here’s the deal: Their uber-ace, Opie is on the mound for the dogs vs a still getting it together Bumgarner for the Orange and Black. They have already taken a couple of come from behind hits to their ego and their psychology. An upset of Kershaw would send them into a tailspin from which that mismatched assemblage of highly talented athletes might not readily recover. Keep in mind too that they face Cueto Sunday. A loss today would ill prepare them to avoid being subject to the tender mercies of Broomhilda.

2. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 8:16 am

A certain classic. What a great game. I cannot hang this one on Roberts. I am sure his hands were tied. I actually think long-term that Roberts will be a good manager. The key will be for him to get the hard-headed knuckleheads like Puig to listen to him and buy into what he has planned. Roberts – first ejection EVER. LMAO. Fuck the Bums.

And to have today’s game T’d up after that game, with Bum vs. Opie is just awesome. I already have the DVR dialed-in and cannot wait for that first pitch.

I was really thinking the bums were going to take that game until Downtown hit that first bomb. And then Craw with the walk-off…I was dancing in my living room. My dog was looking at me like I had lost my mind (well, I had…with pure unadulterated joy)!

Bum had the flu during his first start. I expect him to come and be on a mission today. This is gonna be fun. Will be interesting to see if there is any brotherly love between Bum and This Little Puigy…

Let’s Get It On!

Four in Seven! Humm Baby – Let’s Do It Again!

• bassbaldy said, on April 9, 2016 at 8:39 am

“This Little Puigy” … Wow, pure genius Chi!

3. unca_chuck said, on April 9, 2016 at 8:55 am

I get the decision, but I still think you let the kid finish the inning. Unless he walks Brown. Then you pull him to protect him from wearing the loss. 107 isn’t gonna put him over the edge.

Raining like a bitch now in the WC. May not get this game in,

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:02 am

I agree with that, Charlie. But truly, Roberts hands may have been tied. He very well may have had orders that 100 was the magic number. If you believe his post-game, that is exactly what he said (that he and the management team had determined before the game that the kid’s limit was 100). But in those situations, I think you have to trust your manager, and if Roberts asks the kid if he can go another batter (and I am sure his response would have been “fuck yes,”) then you give him the benefit of the doubt and let him face the next batter.

4. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 8:59 am

And while I gave him props last night, I want to tip my cap to “The Horse” again. Six hits, two earned, three Ks and only one BB over six…hell yeah, I’ll take that. And only 89 pitches…57 of them for strikes.

Like I said last night, I expect good stuff from Cain this year. Looks like he may bring back the meaning of “Getting Cained,” but I hope not. That “potent offense” needs go score some runs for the man!

5. unca_chuck said, on April 9, 2016 at 8:59 am

All this talk of Belt getting a Crawfish deal isn’t making many waves.

Maybe Belt will finally feel appreciated and get the bat off his shoulder.

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:14 am

As much as I kid with the “Trade Belt” banter, I am actually glad the Giants locked him up. And all that talk of Posey coming out from behind the dish anytime soon is exactly that…just talk, now.

Susan with a double last night…Mac Williamson went yard in the River Kittie’s loss.

6. unca_chuck said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:02 am

Yeah, Cain did well getting through 6. I still get annoyed when he gets up 0-2, 1-2 and can’t put guys away.

6 is better than Smarge and Peavey though. I hope he can build off that and stay around the 6 inning threshold.

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:04 am

For a guy who many of us questioned whether or not he would ever pitch again, let alone be effective, I will take that outing every day, and twice on Sunday! I do get the not putting away hitters. I mean you let Ellis get a hit…fucker is barely hitting .100. But looking at the big picture…I like what I saw.

7. wilcojoe said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:11 am

I had the Dodgers telecast and they showed Stripling sitting in the dugout, head down in deep thought before the start of the bottom of the 8th. There was no doubt what he was thinking about. I even predicted that the no-no and shutout would end in the 8th. I agree with Unca, if Brown gets on base THEN you pull him. What’s another 5-10 pitches anyway? Now the poor kid has to think about what could have been. Even if he gave up the bomb to Brown, you tip your cap to him on a remarkable major league debut.

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:15 am

I remember that call last night Wilco (that the no-no and shutout would get wiped clean in the 8th). Good call!

• wilcojoe said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:24 am

I think it’s the first time I have ever had a prediction come true.

8. zumiee said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:37 am

Wow, what a game! I went from feeling kind of physically ill to pure jumping-out-of-my-chair elation.
    The homeplate ump did seem very inconsistent; I can see why players (and managers) were getting frustrated. The ump had a huge strikezone earlier in the game, and then the zone got tight later in the game.
    I was having nightmares of Bumpus Jones until Brown hit that HR. Bumpus Jones, seriously?! The last time a pitcher threw a no-hitter in his debut was 1892.
    What an incredible turn-around with one swing of the bat.
    From the Brown HR onward, the game became the Dodger fans’ nightmare.
    Here’s a couple of them:

FUCKING GIANTS
    god i hate them so much

by NYAsFan on Apr 8, 2016 | 10:15 PM

I hate the Giants and am sick of these kinds of bullshit games against them.
    but it’s friday night and fuck it all I ain’t gonna let this get to me. that much.
    {{cries}}

by underdog on Apr 8, 2016 | 10:15 PM

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:07 am

Love it when you share the bambino rants, Zume. Pure gold! Thanks, brother!

9. Paul Sorensen said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:38 am

Yeah, Joe, I saw that prediction. Didn’t pay it much mind, since almost all Flappers say things like that and when it usually doesn’t come true, nobody remembers anyway…. 🙂 But I’ll pay more attention to yours from now on, haha. And Craig’s sometimes amazing ones that remarkably come true a lot. Cain’s perfecto comes to mind, I think it was. Hey, Zum, what website do you get those Dodger fans comments from? I want to see how they were likely gnashing their teeth last night…. 🙂 Finally, yeah, great to see Cain do well. I’d guess it’s Peavy that’ll be the first to land on the *DL* for some phantom thing. Heston awaits. I’m even wondering if Peavy is done and dunner…..

10. Paul Sorensen said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:39 am

Oh…. and there you are, Zum…. 🙂

• zumiee said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:47 am

I get those comments from the TrueBlueLA blog.
      Dodger fans’ emotions were raw last night. Lots of F-bombs and angst. But also occasional moments of grudging respect for the Giants, like this:

I love everything about the Giants, except that they are the Giants

by Hollywood Joe on Apr 8, 2016 | 10:41 PM

• Paul Sorensen said, on April 9, 2016 at 9:49 am

That one by Hollywood Joe is actually rather mature and open-minded…. 🙂

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:07 am

Yep…if I ever ran into him, I might be inclined to buy Hollywood a brew…

11. zumiee said, on April 9, 2016 at 10:01 am

Here are Dodger fans right at the moment of Brown’s HR:

Ultra shit.

by Catherine the Blue on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:27 PM reply

Fuck

by Zach in Pasadena on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:27 PM reply

by Grumpa81 on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:28 PM reply

Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

by zuckzor on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:28 PM reply

You couldn’t write this shit.

by Berryberrygoodtome on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:28 PM reply

shit

by Freddy V on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:28 PM reply

Unbelievable.

by puddle on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:28 PM reply

Fire the manager.

by 68elcamino427 on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:28 PM reply

Oh man. Dave Roberts is never gonna hear he end of this

by Lex in South Central on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:28 PM reply

Two rookies

by 68elcamino427 on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:29 PM up reply

Goddammit.

by urbino on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:28 PM reply

ruined the night

by Hollywood Joe on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:31 PM up reply

Agreed

by TheAttack5 on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:37 PM up reply

This bullpen
    Are those goats I hear?

by 68elcamino427 on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:31 PM up reply

Playing it safe with a kid coming off TJ is the right call.

by Zach in Pasadena on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:36 PM up reply

Shame he takes an ER after that outing. Baseball, man.

by Berryberrygoodtome on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:29 PM reply

Geezus

by OB12 on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:29 PM reply

sooo, that pretty much makes the whole game bullshit.

by Grumpa81 on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:29 PM reply

Curtain call?
    F off.

by Berryberrygoodtome on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:29 PM reply

You can’t just win a game against these guys, it’s always gotta be like pulling teeth…

by zuckzor on Apr 8, 2016 | 9:29 PM reply

12. Macdog said, on April 9, 2016 at 10:20 am

“I mean, I hadn’t even fouled a ball off him,” said Brown, who had struck out twice against Stripling. “I know it was his debut, but honestly, I was surprised. It was a sigh of relief, honestly, to get a different pitcher out there.”

Reminds me of the NLDS game vs. Zimmermann, unless it’s Mariano Rivera coming in I’ll take my chances vs. any reliever if it means getting the locked-in starter outta there. 2 hits, 2 home runs. What a great, great win.

13. Flavor said, on April 9, 2016 at 10:33 am

Today in 1981, Fernando fired a shutout in his first game ever. Now THAT GUY was a problem….

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:09 am

Yep…Valenzuela owned our asses for a long time.

• Irish Kevin said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:12 am

Yeah he was!! Him and Oral H!!

14. Paul Sorensen said, on April 9, 2016 at 10:50 am

How good is this Stripling really supposed to be? Just from last night, looks like he really adds something to LA’s rotation. Opie will be tough again today, too. Interesting new pattern of torture from the Giants so far: zeros on the scoreboard the first couple of times through the lineup, almost like they’re toying with (or patiently studying) the opposition, and then WHAM, the hammer comes down. Love it. After a couple of these games, I’m not going to fret much about zeros early in the game….

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:11 am

Yeah, many of the Giants have talked about that…not getting down, waiting to get to that third trip to the plate, and confident that they will ultimately break through. Tomlinson was talking after the opener about studying Wood, and how he would fall to one side of the mound after his delivery, and saying if he got in to pinch hit, he was going to lay down a bunt to that side of the mound. And that is exactly what Specs did. There are NO easy outs in this line-up.

15. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:06 am

One game only with Stripling. You gotta remember the Giants almost always seem to hit for S when facing an unknown minor leaguer dude straight up from the hinterlands. Give him another half dozen starts and see where he is. Roberts shouldn’t have any problem in this modern game — he made the right call, no matter how wrong it was…

16. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:09 am

Loved that last Doghair fan quote, I could say the same for LA over the years (other than the Garvey/Cey/Lopes/Russell years when they pounded the Giants constantly): “You can’t just win a game against these guys, it’s always gotta be like pulling teeth”…

• Irish Kevin said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:14 am

You beat me to that quote!! It was a great one cause it does work both ways!! Go Giants,

• snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:22 am

I’ve called ’em a bunch of cockroaches, hard to kill. Same idea…

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Yep…Flannery was the first I remember to coin the cockroach term.

17. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:21 am

Check out on the Web, there’s a vid of Pablo this afternoon at BlueJays, literally swinging out of his belt. Very bad look. Will he survive in Boston past the trade deadline? I’ll say No…

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:02 pm

I’ll say who cares…

Fuck that fat fuck. He totally disrespected the Giants when he bailed. I originally said I would harbor no ill will on him, and would only root against him if playing the Giants….but that was then…

18. Flavor said, on April 9, 2016 at 11:26 am

• Macdog said, on April 9, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Lots of Belt news today.

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Did surprise me that he’s getting a bit more than Crawford. Only reason i can see for that is that the Trainbust must feel he has not yet achieved his potential. Never realized before today’s closeup photo of BB9 in the SFGate coverage that the dude likely has some African facial characteristics. Figured he was just your typical Southern whiteboy. Fact that the impression has never seen media airing tells me that we have come a long way since the days of Enos Slaughter ragging on Jackie Robinson.

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Wondering how suspenders would look on a Redsox uniform. Or he could take on one of those kidney-belts that bikers used to affect. A whalebone corset from some museum maybe?

• wilcojoe said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:03 pm

I can’t stop watching that clip and laughing but I feel really bad about it.

19. Macdog said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:01 pm

A single!

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:06 pm

No no-no for Opie today. He must envy the mere Stripling already.

20. Macdog said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:18 pm

MadBOMB!

21. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Bum with the Bomb!…

22. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Bombs away Bum!

23. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Agent 0 almost goes yard! T off on Opie!

24. wilcojoe said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Bum with two career bombs against Opie? That is some serious ownage!

25. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Early-season Bum is not very sharp…

26. djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Track announcer just totally blew the Wood…

• Macdog said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Was it Jon Miller?

27. pawliekokonuts said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Magnus, one of your best posts in a while.

28. pawliekokonuts said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Bum is the only pitcher to hr off BeachBoy and 1 of 15 with multiple hrs off him.

29. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:52 pm

So far, if it were Aoki coming back vs. Span, I’d take Aoki…

30. pawliekokonuts said, on April 9, 2016 at 2:53 pm

This guy Trevor Story is gonna have 179 homers. By the All-Star break.

31. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Belt reportedly gets 6 year deal, this year through 2021, for $79M. At 6.8, 8.2, then 16 each of the next 4 years…

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Way too early to make that call for me. I think Span is going to be fine. I like seeing him in a Giants uni.

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:09 pm

A few weeks back I was saying that around 13 per was the max I would pay Belt. This deal works out to just a skosh over 13. I’m good with this deal.

32. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Bum not having the most efficient start, but if he can weather through six and get the game to the pen and score still tied, it’s all good. And maybe our vaunted offense gets to Opie in the next inning or two to set Madison up for the W.

33. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Shit, Bum gets this final out on a couple of pitches, and then has a quick 6th, he could definitely take the game into the 7th…

34. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:13 pm

000!

35. djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:14 pm

000MG!

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Platinum…

36. Macdog said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:14 pm

E-HiRe!

37. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Take that Opie…fuck you, you fucking fuck!

38. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:19 pm

000 with the dinger off Opie? After the game, BF himself may give 000 the urine test …

39. Lurker John said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:21 pm

The thing about Bum’s two shots off of Opie is that neither was a cheapie. Both were moonshots to straightaway LF, as if to lob an emphatic “Fuck you!” at the Opster. I love it.

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:27 pm

I was out and about when Bum hit his today. Via KNBR, they said it measured out at 400+. Boom!

• snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Miller pegged it at 414′. It was about a dozen or so rows up the dead LF bleachers…

40. Lurker John said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:23 pm

I lip read Opie saying, “You have to be fucking kidding me,” from the replay after Bum’s dinger.

41. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:29 pm

While not the cleanest game for Bum today, I think he gets his first no-no this year.

42. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Come on Romo…

• snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Nice job, partiuclarly on Puig. You gotta cringe when Romo faces LHBs, though — that’s getting more than dicey…

43. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Romo’s beard has a life of its own! No telling what the hell is living in that thing…

44. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Belt’s now had 2 HRs taken away by Death Valley so far this year. Smoked that one nearly 420 for an out…

45. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Come on Strickland! This cat brings back the memory of “torture.”

46. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Whoo! Huge outs!

47. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:07 pm

El Caballo Loco robbed!

48. djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Dodgers give Garvey’s #6 to Charlie Culberson. Almost as bad as the Giants handing out #22 to guys like Yabu and the Prez…

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Agree. They should just retire 22 already.

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:09 pm

I was kind of feeling they should retire 12 during the pre-game on Thursday. But since they were handing it out, I like Panik wearing that number. I think when it is all said and done, he will do that number proud.

• snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:20 pm

I think Panik will be an All Star with regularity. The kid has a great approach at the plate, and has decent pop down the line that may get him 12-15 HRs a year…

• djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:48 pm

I think he’s bigger and more solid looking than Kent…

• wilcojoe said, on April 9, 2016 at 5:17 pm

I think when it’s all said and done Panik will have better career numbers than Posey. Now that’s a bold prediction!

49. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Well, this one’s been a good, solid game with good defense, and dingers. Opie pitches as expected, the guy is great. Bum kinda still off his feed, but looks like he’s getting there. Come on Casilla, close this puppy out…

50. djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Casilla fucked by the HP ump…

51. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:15 pm

These friggin’ cockroaches are starting to scurry again. Come on, nail this down!…

52. djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:18 pm

So much shit you don’t see in a box score…

53. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Damn!

54. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Sheezus Tomlinson…

55. djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Maybe he’s wearing his reading glasses…

• xoot said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Buddy Holly had raindrops on his specs

56. snarkk said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Is Strickland the closer by mid-season?…

• chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Hmmm…I don’t know about that. Castilla has been pretty damned good so far. Without the Specs bobble he is outta that jam and Giants win the fucking game.

57. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:27 pm

Come on, let’s win this mother right here, right now!

58. Flavor said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:29 pm

got home just in time to catch the bottom of the 9th. Les go.

59. Flavor said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Hunter Pence’s good friend Buster Posey starts the inning off right.

60. Flavor said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:31 pm

How about one good friend drives in another?

61. djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Hatcher’s ball is completely straight. They should whack him right out of there…

• djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Except for his breaking pitches…

62. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Fuck…was looking forward to some early pay-off on BB9’s contract…

63. djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Looks like everyone but Crawford got a haircut…

64. chipower9 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Of course we are going to extras…should we have expected anything else?

65. djloo27 said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Krukow raving about Culberson hitting a great pitch.
    Looked like a belt high hanger to me…

• Flavor said, on April 9, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Kruk thinks every baseball player in the league is the best player ever to play the game

66. mrsprtdude said, on April 9, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Shit!!!!

67. Macdog said, on April 9, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Fuckin’ Casilla.

68. mrsprtdude said, on April 9, 2016 at 5:20 pm

That game sucked. Only bright spot is Roberts looks over his head. LA may be wishing for 2 trips soon..

69. wilcojoe said, on April 9, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Watching the Astros game in Milwaukee. The chick with the big tits is there, again. She may have to start throwing in “special perks”to get people to buy her seat.

70. Paul Sorensen said, on April 9, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Lost one today probably shoulda won. Won one yesterday probably shoulda lost. It’s a longggggggg season….

71. wilcojoe said, on April 9, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Greinke off to another rough start. Coughs up three in the first.

• Flavor said, on April 9, 2016 at 5:30 pm

that’s rad. I’m looking forward to him going full-Zito on them now that’s he’s got his dough. Money is pretty much all that guy cares about according to him

72. bassbaldy said, on April 9, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Another game we should have won … That’s 2 out of 6 played. Not a good percentage for so early in the season. Where is this juggernaut offense we’ve been hearing so much about? I know Kershaw is a tough nut to crack but jeeezzuss … 7 hits in 2 games, all runs in both games from dingers .. bum and 000 leading the offense today … That just ain’t right.

• Lurker John said, on April 9, 2016 at 8:38 pm

It’s the Dodgers. Anything can and will happen. Chill about the offense, they’ll be fine. 4-2 after 6 games, I’ll take it. It’s a long grind.

• bassbaldy said, on April 9, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Yeah … and no .. if we miss the post season by two or three games, is it not these instances we look back on and say, hmm, if only we had ..?

73. zumiee said, on April 9, 2016 at 6:17 pm

An exciting, but torturous game. MadBum seemed to struggle every inning; but to his credit, he kept escaping danger. But it ran up his pitch count and he could only go 6 innings. Casilla has a few games every year where he looks amazingly crappy. And then he’s lights-out in the playoffs.
    Overall, you know intellectually that there are going to be some disgusting losses during the season, no matter how many games the team wins, and today was one of those.
    Span is hard to watch right now. His ABs lately are a string of soft flies to the outfield, and on minimal pitches. In Spring Training, he was grinding lengthy quality ABs. We’re not seeing those right now.

74. Carstie Clausen said, on April 9, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Could it be that after the heat and aridity in the desert Giants hitters have become off their game when playing in cool and humid conditions? The effect on pitchers is harder to gauge, though its possible that those from tropical climes are bothered more than say, guys from Puget Sound or coastal Maine.

75. Macdog said, on April 9, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Mets fans already booing Cespedes (2 for 16 — .125).

76. unca_chuck said, on April 9, 2016 at 10:17 pm

The fucking Pads score 0 runs in 3 games at home, and score 29 runs in 2 games in Colo. WTF?

Jeeebus. . . .

77. unca_chuck said, on April 9, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Hey, it was a shitty day for baseball as a steady rain fell all day. Panic turns that DP about 95% of the time. Just couldn’t do it today.

• chipower9 said, on April 10, 2016 at 7:38 am

It was Specs who booted the ball. Panik turns that 99.99999% of the time. To me, that error, was the difference today. And then he is on-deck with a chance to rectify the situation, and Panik pinch-hits for him. I kinda feel sorry for the kid.