Susac Pipped By Brown

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 13, 2016

There are tons of jokes on Twitter about Buster being “pipped” but the real life guy who lost out is Andrew Susac and all the little bumps and owies that ail him. And that will probably work out fine for us if he cobbles together a healthy enough season in Sacramento and we can include him in a trade somewhere. I hope he doesn’t suffer too many heat related maladies this Summer…..

Smarge went into last night’s game with an unsustainable Coors Field ERA of 1.88. He proceeded to predictably fall apart with an ERA of 2.25 for the game. lqtm. Seriously, did the Rockies even consider signing this guy? It’s like they prefer to just have pitchers who CAN’T pitch there……

Warriors set to break a record tonight that seemed unbreakable when it was set. I’m preparing myself now for all the haters and trolls who will choose to disparage this great achievement. I’ll never understand people who sit around the house all day waiting to tear down others who were actually outside doing something…..

1. Carstie Clausen said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:39 am

Not much to hate about last night’s game at the Box of Rox. In fact the Giants treated them pretty much like their personal Roxanne. Wonder if some Denver judge will cite them for assault from the Battery. Between Downtown Brown and SamWhatAm, the Sherpas were battered up pretty good. Add in general team effort with additional special effects from Pence and Pagan (greatly rejuvenated in his walk year) and we got us a batter mix which should do for most occasions.

2. Lurker John said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:24 am

Great job by the boys last night. Not a downer, just cautious optimism about Brown. It’s been a little over one week, so I wouldn’t write off Susac just yet. But Brown does look good, with a nice compact swing. Time will tell.

I stink at predictions, but I’m going to say the W’s get the record tonight and rather easily. The Griz are tough, but they’re coming off a serious beat down at the hands of the Clippers and are ripe for the picking. After the difficulties of the last two games, this one will be relatively easy. Oracle will being ROCKING.

3. willedav said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:30 am

I’m sure his buddies gave Posey a ration, like maybe he could use a few more days off before Brown needs some rest. But unless he turns into B Hicks Giants might have a keeper at back up C.

Hicks had some early good games, showed a great arm and turned the DP. All of sudden his bat and any contact with a baseball were worlds apart, and he’s still in the minors.

Nice take from Brown too. “I thought entering the season I might end with 3. I still might end with 3.”

• Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:32 am

I’ve heard him interviewed 4 times now and each time he presents like a thoughtful, engaging kid with a good head on his shoulders. Stoked he’s on the team.

4. willedav said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:44 am

Zum mentioned yesterday that LA has only 3 bombs as a team.
    Sunday even when they scored all those runs off Cueto they didn’t really hit him hard—bunt, hit batsman, walk and some well placed singles. As a team LA had 1 extra base hit the entire game, the double off the RF wall by Utley.
    Giants had 6, 3 HRS (in what 5 innings?) and 3 doubles with 5 different guys getting them.

Yesterday at home in 4-2 loss to DBax, LA had 9 hits 2 doubles (Seager and Puig) vs. AZ 9 hits 2 doubles a triple and 2 HRs, from Golds and light hitting Nick Ahmed. And of course another blown save and L from the pen.

5. chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:55 am

Great thread, Flav. How about that “Downtown Trevor Brown!” Sweet win last night, and an impressive outing by the Shark.

I am with LJ…cautiously optimistic about Brown, and while Susac has gotten off to a slow start in Sactown, I am not writing off his future with the Giants. Time will tell.

Loving this team, this line-up. Man…I was so excited about the prospects of this team as it was put together by the Giants brain trust (and yes, I know it is WAY early in a long campaign), and am just fucking ecstatic with the way they have charged out the gate.

I am with you on all the haters. Haters gonna hate. Fuck ’em! That includes Scotty Pippen, Charles Barkley and all the other asshats who have ragged on the Warriors this year. They can all go fuck themselves.

6. chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:57 am

Happy birthday to “The Reverend”…Hunter Pence.

7. willedav said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:08 am

Anyone with knowledge of physics of why Coors is such tough place to pitch in/easier to hit in?
    As Flav said in the thread, Rox pitching woes are legendary. Even Greg Maddux used to struggle there.

so what works best? Power fastballs? Sinker/slider guys? What affect does the elevation have on movement of pitches, or lack of same?

Coors has a huge OF but what is the science behind inflated offensive numbers?

Btw don’t forget that is also the home of a 5 for 5 day from famous (or infamous I guess) Giants OF…

• zumiee said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:24 am

The air is compressed the closer you get to sea level. The less-compressed air at higher altitudes is thinner, in that sense. Easier for the ball to travel for hitters, less air for breaking pitches to bite into and slow down. Same reason helicopters have a harder time at high altitudes.

• zumiee said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:27 am

Similar to the way water pressure is higher the deeper you go in the ocean. Our atmosphere is an ocean of air.

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:57 am

Yep. Under the ocean, the pressure increases by one atmosphere for every 33 feet (salt water). Blade could elaborate…he has done a whole lot more SCUBA diving than me.

8. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:23 am

When I heard Pippen, he said record were made to be broken. I won’t be happy about it, but I respect what they are doing. Did he say something else?

• zumiee said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:29 am

He said his Bulls would have kicked these Warriors’ a##es.

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:58 am

He also said they would have swept the Warriors, and that Curry would not have scored more than 20 points. Fuck Pippen and the bull he rode in on.

• gianthead said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:34 am

I think that is what MJ said…Pippen said said they would have swept our Warriors in four games….which I think it was Tony Kornheiser who pointed out the Bulls never swept anyone in the Finals. So Kornheiser’s point is that is Pippen saying the those teams like the Jazz and S-Sonics would be better than this 73 game winning Warriors? F No…stick in Pippen. No one on those Bulls teams would be able to cover Curry. Pippen saying he could is laughable and Klay may be the most under-appreciated two-guard defensively in the history of the game. He would not stop MJ but he would make him work for it. Draymond would be in battle royale mode with Rodman but then you put the stellar minded defender Iggy on Pippen and we would be able to play with the Bulls no question in my mind…

9. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:25 am

What’s funny is for all the success that the Spurs have had, no one seems to question their greatness. It is the Warriors that must be questioned. Which makes this all the more fulfilling when they crush these other teams.

All they need to do is stay healthy for the 2nd season. . .

• willedav said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:37 am

And the Warriors beat the Spurs twice in a week, at home and on road in different circumstances.
      The Spurs this year have won 65 freaking games way ahead of anyone else besides Golden State and had massive home winning streak of their own…til Sunday when Steph put 37 on them.
      Leonard is a fine player, but MVP of the league he ain’t.

Thx Zum. Since breaking balls don’t move as much, does this also affect movement on 2 and 4 seam fastballs?
      Smrdz looked great last night with low 90s stuff, physics or not.

• unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:45 am

Steph is the only player ALL SEASON to put 35+ on the Spurs,

• gianthead said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:47 am

The Spurs seem to be playing 1980s basketball and the Warriors 22nd Century bball…and the Spurs, Cavs, Clips, Thunder and rest cant keep up or compete..F Em All:)))

• Lurker John said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:39 am

That’s a good point Chuck.

10. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:44 am

Smarge was nearly all fastballs. Cutters and 2 seamers. He was all about spotting it on the corners. Sliders are a waste of time. Curves don’t bite as hard. According to FanGraphs (and I’m fucking challenged trying to glean shit from that) Smarge threw a fastball or cutter 82% of the time. 14% were sliders, and the rest (4%) were splitters. NO curveballs or changeups.

11. gianthead said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:45 am

First off, sorry to hear about Irish Kevin’s mother. I had a business partner die on the same day of APril 1 Kev…no t such a nice April Fool’s..

Zumiee and Chuck, Better Call Saul is now my favorite show (at least until Game of Thrones starts back up next week). It is the most subtletly written show in the history of tv. One would think that subtleness would never make interesting tv and the show is extraordinary.

Without a spoiler to others, but when Saul recedes into the darkness across the street from the Kinko’s may be one of the all-time cinematic shots in tv history…amazing!

Flav and Blade, I am sucking wind this year in Fan Duel. Did they increase the point values for all the stats this year? I did not think the scores were this high last year. My starting pitching picks have been awful. I am getting bombed with home starters it seems…ugh! I did not play yesterday and missed the Coors pinball train and instead hit the links:)

• wilcojoe said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:12 am

Yeah, Fanduel has increased the points considerably. I am sucking ass too, though Trevor Brown got me in the money last night.

I had to sign up with DraftKings as Fanduel is exiting Texas on May 1st. I can’t stand DraftKings format on smart devices. Not user friendly at all.

• Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:18 am

fanduel is taking a lot of heat for their scoring change and I expect changes soon. One of the biggest problems is no fractional scoring which is creating a shit load of ties in the money—

• wilcojoe said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:57 am

Shit, I didn’t even realize that.

• gianthead said, on April 13, 2016 at 10:24 am

it seems to be too much fantasy league scoring…definitely preferred the other scoring format

12. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:49 am

No spoilers here . . . ! The writing on that show is off the charts. The filming as well. I thoroughly enjoy that show. The relationship with Jimmy and Chuck is such a tightrope right now. Kim finally said what everyone has been thinking, even though she knows the truth . . .

13. Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:17 am

gold.

Happy Birthday to my Good Friend, @HunterPence

A post shared by Buster Posey (@busterposey) on

14. Dennis Zucchino said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:22 am

Always here in the background, reading and enjoying the blog. Boy did I pick a good time to be at Finnerty’s on Sunday and watch with a horde of fans rock that bar as the boys put the bums right where they belong… The free memorabilia shirts was the icing to a great day……

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 10:05 am

Dennis – Blade and I are making a trek back there to catch some of the Giant-RedSux and Giant-YankMee series. Would be cool to meet up for a game, or at Finnerty’s (definitely on my list).

• Dennis Zucchino said, on April 13, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Absolutely.. Finnerty’s is a wonderful environment for those of us east coast Giants fans starving for that ‘thrill’. Paulie might also be looking to do some book promotions there as well as the management there is very accommodating.

15. Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:29 am

DFSers— So do you stack the Colorado game? Or the Tigers who figure to feast on Voggy? I think it’s safe to assume a high scoring game in Colorado tonight…..

16. Lurker John said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:42 am

Another highlight film, this from 1973. You guys will recognize some of the names who went on to have success elsewhere (a Giant’s specialty in the 1970’s), as well as the beginnings of a certain announcer:

17. Lurker John said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:44 am

This one is a lot longer, but 1987 was the year the franchise finally begin to emerge from the darkness. A special season it was:

• Lurker John said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:49 am

I liked the unis from this era.

• Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 10:03 am

these old local news clips are FANTASTIC! At work, can’t watch much but will settle into this long vid later on tonight when I get home. Thanks for finding this and sharing it.

• wilcojoe said, on April 13, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Those white home uni’s from the 80’s were my favorite. I guess cause that’s what I grew up with. I wouldn’t mind seeing them bring those back on occasion.

18. sfsarge said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:50 am

I am completely out of the loop on Saul, but you guys have definitely piqued my interest. I have not watched Breaking Bad, so will I be completely lost if I try to watch it? That has been what had kept me from watching it.

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 10:07 am

Same here. I will be checking it out. And, believe it or not, I have never seen one episode of Breaking Bad. So, I need to plow thru Saul, and then get into Breaking Bad. There just are not enough hours in the day.

• gianthead said, on April 13, 2016 at 10:32 am

sarge…cool pic by the way, but I think the show is written so that you can watch Saul stand alone. But for those who came to love Breaking Bad, it is not Saul who is important but the character Mike who is in both shows and is in my opinion not only an essential character but he and the story affiliated with him are one of the reasons Breaking Bad went from intriguing to must watch tv…

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 10:59 am

So, if you have watched neither Saul or BB, which would you suggest watching first?

• zumiee said, on April 13, 2016 at 11:22 am

I would recommend watching Breaking Bad first. I think Better Call Saul actually makes more sense to the viewer for having watched Breaking Bad first, even though Better Call Saul is a prequel. And I just think the Breaking Bad pilot episode is such a kick-in-the-pants way to start the whole thing.

• bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 11:23 am

One does not need to watch Breaking Bad in order to dig the Saul series. However, the insight and perspective offered by the Saul Series into historical aspects of important BB characters – Mike & Saul in particular – is a big plus. I stayed up late last night catching up on the last 3 Saul episodes. Thoroughly engaging, IMHO.

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Most folks I know who watched BB, or are watching Saul rave about both.

• sfsarge said, on April 13, 2016 at 11:40 am

Thanks GH…well it sounds like I have some catching up to do. I tried watching BB and I maybe got through an episode and a half and didn’t see what all the fuss was about. But I’ll give it another shot.

• bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 11:54 am

If I recall correctly, it unfolds rather slowly at the beginning but all hell starts to breaks loose by episode 3 … It may not be your cup of tea .. but I’d give it three episodes and if you aren’t impressed by then just let it go.

I found many fundamental aspects – writing, acting, sets, filming – superb. A milestone in TV.

• snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 10:55 pm

I’d give it easily 6 or 8 episodes to get going. It builds. Don’t give up early on. You’ll be rewarded with some of the best written TV ever. Easily my favorite TV show of all time. Exquisite, riveting, thrilling, unique, addictive, badass…

19. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 13, 2016 at 11:02 am

Between Susac and Brown, isn’t Susac’s ceiling thought to be higher? If that’s the case and he can mash in Sacramento, Brown being a competent back up is the best case scenario. Yeah, yeah still early but Bochy seems to love the guy so he probably isn’t going anywhere. See El Presidente for a comp.

20. bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 11:13 am

The ‘Beast’ DFA’d by Pirates today. Whaddya think … turn him into a Rivercat beast?

21. chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 11:22 am

Question for all you right coasters – particularly those with knowledge of the airports. For my return flight from NYC (not sure where we will be staying – but I would assume we will try to stay somewhere near YanMee Stadium), which is the best airport for the flight out? JFK or La Guardia?

• bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 11:36 am

As a former long time Greenwich Village resident (left NYC 3 yrs ago), LaGuardia was always my airport of choice when flying domestically. If you are going to be in the Bronx near Yankee Stadium, it’s a no brainer to choose LGA. Yet, certain low cost airlines only fly into JFK. But both airports accessibility from Manhattan is generally good. The train to JFK takes about an hour. The train up town to 125th St. then switching to the MTA bus to LaGuardia is pretty easy too – less convenient if you are hauling a lot of luggage.

22. eddacker said, on April 13, 2016 at 11:25 am

Sarge / Chi: Breaking Bad is a stunner. Season 1 is must see. But it is 5 seasons long (62 episodes). Still worth checking out first. Saul is a continuation of a semi-major character. Season 1 of Saul starts before the time of Saul in the Breaking Bad mix and does have a few references to things that happened in the first show. But you can watch Saul without ever seeing Bad.

Enjoy.

23. zumiee said, on April 13, 2016 at 11:35 am

“Since breaking balls don’t move as much, does this also affect movement on 2 and 4 seam fastballs?”

Willie, I’m guessing breaking balls are more affected because they rely on a different rotation of the ball; the snap of the wrist or whatever to get a more sideways spin that will bite into the air, slow the ball down, and get movement. I’m sure I’ve heard broadcasters talk about this, but I can’t remember what they said.

• unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Smarge’s cutter looked pretty much like it does at sea level. So anecdotally I’d say it isn’t as affected as much. But he didn’t even throw a curve. Or a change up.

24. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Yeah, Sarge, the first few episodes of BB are kinda slow, and frankly it took a few to get over the Malcolm in the Moddle effect. But by episodes 4 and 5 it really starts rolling. Kinda like meth.

25. Irish Kevin said, on April 13, 2016 at 12:37 pm

There are so many good shows, I cannot keep up, people rave about Sons of Anarchy, walking dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad. There is just no way to see them all, except Netflix streams these older seasons, right now I am checking out Walking Dead.

26. sfsarge said, on April 13, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Thanks for all the input fellas. My TV time is limited, so when I do watch it’s usually a game. Maybe next off season I’ll have time to get into all of these shows.

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 1:35 pm

I am with ya, Sarge. Not enough hours in the day, and my kids are grown and have been out of the house for years.

• bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Chi, for what it’s worth, and ICYMI, I responded at 11:36 to your 11:22 query about NYC airports.

27. Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Sandoval to DL with shoulder strain. I know he’s been benched already but still. Imagine where we would be if course of events had been different. sliding doors.

• unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 1:42 pm

No kidding. The Duffster would be getting his shot right now I guess. We wouldn’t have had the McGeehee month of nothing, but the mind boggles at the divergences.

28. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Saul, and Homeland have been the shows we been watching. It all started with binge-watching 5 seasons of Sopranos to catch up to the last season. House of Cards as well. Kevin Spacey is fricking awesome in that.

29. chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 2:31 pm

No Buster again tonight. And the way Downtown Brown has been swinging the bat, maybe not an issue for another day…

1. Denard Span (L) CF
    2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    3. Hunter Pence (R) RF
    4. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    5. Matt Duffy (R) 3B
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Angel Pagan (S) LF
    8. Trevor Brown (R) C
    9. Jake Peavy (R) P

30. alleykat69 said, on April 13, 2016 at 2:51 pm

You know till this day I would argue the Giants OF of 73&74 with Bobby Bonds, Garry Maddox, and Gary Matthews was the fastest best OF ever!!
    I watched those 3 cats run down every ball they were awesome with surperb speed, great arms, Gold Glovers!!

31. sandog said, on April 13, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I’m the same as Sarge when it comes to Breaking Bad. I gave it a few episodes and it seemed a little over the top and unrealistic to me at times and didn’t do it for me. Which is fine, I’m not really looking to get hooked on TV shows.
    Game of Thrones is one where I AM in the midst off going back and watching all the seasons. I’m up to early season 4. I like it, but mainly I’m doing it to give me something else to talk to my older kids about. For me, it also is a bit overdone and it wouldn’t be hard for me to stop watching it altogether today.
    Tonight will be the first time all year I actually root for the Warriors to win. I’m cool with them breaking this record, but I still would love to see them lay an egg in the playoffs.

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Haters gonna Hate. 😉

GO WARRIORS!

• sandog said, on April 13, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Tonight I’m with you though Chi!

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 3:58 pm

It’s all good, San…just had to give you some grief.

32. sandog said, on April 13, 2016 at 3:17 pm

and you gotta love the Lowenbrau commercial early on in that 1987 video! I remember people making a big deal out of Lowenbrau back in the day. “Tonight, Let it be Lowenbrau”
    Gary Park AND Ron Fairly. OUCH!

33. zumiee said, on April 13, 2016 at 3:28 pm

There have been some pundits that have suggested that Kobe’s last game tonight is somehow more compelling than the Warriors’ game. Huh?? I can’t imagine another game more un-compelling than Kobe’s last game tonight. This whole season has been a joyless money-march for him. He slogged through it, and got his $25 million, and goodbye.

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 3:57 pm

And that is why the Fakers game got pushed from ESPN to ESPN2? LMAO…Don’t let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out, Kobe…

• Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 4:18 pm

100% agree.

34. zumiee said, on April 13, 2016 at 3:45 pm

The A’s had about 11,000 paid attendance for their day-game vs. the Angels today. Ouch.

35. sfsarge said, on April 13, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Hey San, can you give me an idea of where to sit when I visit Petco? We’re heading down there for the series in July after the AS break.

• Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 4:18 pm

I can tell you right now, head for the highest seat they offer. San Diggity only sits where the noses bleed and the eagles fly to their highest heights!

36. zumiee said, on April 13, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Another bench-day for Posey makes me a little nervous, but I think after Brown’s performance last night, Bochy feels like he’s playing with “house money” tonight, and can give Buster’s bruised foot another day of getting better.

• Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 4:17 pm

it worries me a lot. They are in Coors Field, what hitter wouldn’t bend over backwards to be out there? This is “pad stats” time. Posey is like any other hitter, he cares about his stats. If he can’t go, again, I think there is more to this than just “it’s cool, let’s play with house money.”

37. zumiee said, on April 13, 2016 at 4:08 pm

The Dodgers are starting Kendrick in leftfield tonight, which is kind of interesting. He’s had some sore leg issues, so it’s a bit of a gamble. They’re trying to get more hitting into their line-up by keeping Utley in the starting line-up at secondbase. The Dodgers’ lineup is kind of half young guys and half geezers.

38. Carstie Clausen said, on April 13, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Peeved already. When the Giants went down quietly in the opening inning, i got that feeling about the bottom of the frame. Sure nuff. Will Jake get his act together? Will the offense pick him up?

39. Carstie Clausen said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:29 pm

When you got a city mostly surrounded by water, a good span can be quite useful.

40. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Peavey seems to be settling down. Pence in that last AB was goof city.

41. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Or, he’s keeping them in the yard. Barely. Fuck. Can’t fall behind like that.

42. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Fuck me. Fight back. Cough it up.

43. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:41 pm

I’ll shut up now.

44. Irish Kevin said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:41 pm

I gotta believe that all coaches get pissed at their starting pitcher, when your offence ties the game and then your pitcher gives up the runs right back! Cause right now I am so pissed at Peavy, I am cussing at my TV!!

45. Irish Kevin said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:43 pm

This is the 3rd inning a starting pitcher should have his shit together by then!! Not giving up bombs left and right!!

46. snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Bochy waiting to be down by 6 before giving Peavy the hook?

47. zumiee said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:46 pm

With an ERA of 10 at the moment, Peavy has matched his Spring Training ERA.

• Irish Kevin said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Nice call!!

48. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Colorado sucks. Where ERAs go to die.

I guess we should be thankful Salt Lake City doesn’t have a baseball team.

• Irish Kevin said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Wouldn’t that be fun

49. Irish Kevin said, on April 13, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Well unlike the CO pitcher, Peavy is NOT going to have a shut down inning!!

50. snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Why not Heston in before this? What are the situational requirements for him to come in? Peavy just getting shelled, isn’t this why Heston is in the Pen?…

• Irish Kevin said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:03 pm

They just explained why, didn’t want to do a double switch

• snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:05 pm

I’m of the view you use your long man when the starter is obviously not getting it done. Screw thinking about a double switch…

• bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Well there is Rox 6th run … Is Peaved done finally Boch?

• bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:30 pm

just a little ‘fun fact’ .. Giants have had to come from behind in every game except game 3 in Mil where we scored one run in top of 1st & Mil tied it in the bottom. Against LA Giants scored in bottom of 1st but LA tied it top of 2nd. Both of those games we lost.

51. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Peavy bats 3rd in the 5th. Got no bench tonight. Or less than usual.

• snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Why, who’s out?

52. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Downtown Trevor Brown is on fire.

53. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Posey

• snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Oh, Ok, his foot. He could probably PH– he can’t run much even when he’s OK so let him swing for an xtra base hit if they need a jolt in late innings …

54. snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:11 pm

This has the look of a 12-10 like BS Coors game. Giants need a touchdown to stay in this one…

55. willedav said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Posey took pretty good shot off the foot late Sunday iirc. He spent some time walking that one off til he got back behind the plate. Plus I thought Brown was gonna be Peavy’s C anyway.
    After Cain goes tmw, 3 vs. LA on the weekend. I’d rather have Posey ready for those than the Rox..

56. Carstie Clausen said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Betcha Peavy hates games in the Box of Rox just as much as Flavor. What amazes me is that Colorado has scored only 6 on a total of TEN XBH’s: 1 dinger, THREE triples and 6 doubles. Whew! Giants offense has been far more efficient per number of hits and extra bases and a one-run bulge means nothing in the Box of Rox ~ that is if Heston can continue to hold the line.

57. snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Go Dubs — get that 73 !…

• Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:46 pm

yes! This matters to me, I don’t care what the haters and the trolls say. This win is huge. Like some team will ever win 74! That is almost an impossible win total to reach as this team is proving trying to get to 73 on the final game of the season after an unreal year

• snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:54 pm

This Dubs team reminds me of the ’84-85 and ’88-89 Niners. When you are watching, you realize you are seeing something special that you will likely not see again. Gotta enjoy this club, and the ball they’re playing. Special, very special…

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Agree with both of you. Fuck the haters. And yes Tom, we are witnessing both history, and something we will probably not see again in this life. Need to close these fuckers out…run that lead up to 30. 😉

58. Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:45 pm

maybe it’s just my bias against the elderly, but Peavy doesn’t look physically imposing. At all. He’s got no back whatsoever to speak of. His shoulders are non existent. He has nice tattoos on his forearms, I guess……

• snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I’m thinking he’s not in the rotation come August, maybe earlier…

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:15 pm

I am not sure how much of it is physical, and how much is between his ears, but he sucks-ass right now. I am with Charlie – this keeps up, he won’t be around long…they’ll bring someone up from Sacto.

59. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 7:47 pm

The new wall is only hurting Colo.

Story would have 2 more but for the wall.

60. unca_chuck said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Steph is on fire.

• Flavor said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:23 pm

getting to 400 3 pointers is going to almost be more insurmountable than getting to 74 wins.

61. Macdog said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:25 pm

So is Arenado.

• bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Saw that coming a mile high a way .. Wonder how many rox will hit for the cycle tonite?

62. bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:34 pm

OhShit living up to his name … Bleh ..

63. Bozo said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Lets get five.

• Bozo said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Or not. Get em tomorrow.

64. Irish Kevin said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Who is the weakest link??

65. snarkk said, on April 13, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Klay had it going in the first half, too. Wow…

66. chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Warriors are killing it! Giants battled, but just not enough. Peavy flat-out sucked, again. Dude got lit-up on opening day, too. That shit is old already. Get ’em tomorrow and get the series win!

• bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Yeah, Peavy was beyond shit .. Belt got us back in it only to have Heston give it right back to them, but he was ‘Ok’ .. at best. Osich was terrible .. more shit than not .. Duffy’s gotta get it going a bit more than he is. Offense didn’t stand a chance between Peavy’s shit storm and major mediocrity from the pen.

• chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:45 pm

I am not worried about Heston or Osich unless they pull these type of shenanigans a couple of times. The got rocked at the Box o Rox.

• bassbaldy said, on April 13, 2016 at 10:22 pm

The Rox 2-3-4 (Story, Cargo, Arenado) is enough to give any one fits especially the way that rook is swinging it. I’m not so worried about most of our pen … the exception being the rapidly aging Casillia; obvious decrepitude overtaking Romo; ancient tolling bells Lopez.

67. chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Hell yes, Draymond! Time to bury these guys and make history!

68. chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 9:53 pm

And to think Kerr was a part of the Bulls team the Warriors will pass, and him in his 2nd year coaching. Unreal. Hollywood could not write that story on their best day!

69. chipower9 said, on April 13, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Love that Draymond is the one addressing the team. Love this guy’s heart! On to back-to-back!

70. Macdog said, on April 13, 2016 at 10:37 pm

So Kobe scored 60 — what a shock, I’m sure the Jazz were going all-out on D. Took 50 shots to do it. Curry, meanwhile, scored 46 on 24 shots — if he took 50 shots he might match Wilt’s 100.