Moving On

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 16, 2016

Last night? Just wash it off, it was too much of a 1-off to fret over. And don’t have any day dreams about Tomlinson getting sent down. With Adrianza on the shelf we don’t have another utility guy on the 40 man. And sending him down would be a brutal message to send. Have a bad game, you’re gone? Bad idea. And one we aren’t really in the position to execute anyway….

I though Panik’s flub was worse. Of course, Specs did have the recent botched dp from last week and he had some shaky throws last night. He’s obviously fucked up in the head right now. That will pass as soon as he gets out there again and has some success…..

Warrior Game today. I sure hope the players aren’t so tired from playing basketball that they sleep through their alarms and miss the start of the game…….

1. Flavor said, on April 17, 2016 at 11:11 am

I’ll get a game time thread going later today…..

2. zumiee said, on April 17, 2016 at 11:34 am

The Giants haven’t faced Maeda yet, so we know how that usually goes. He tends to go only 6 innings, though.
    Smarge’s biggest game with the Giants so far. Playoff atmosphere, for sure. ESPN, national audience.

3. bassbaldy said, on April 17, 2016 at 11:44 am

Willedav – here are some recommendations for further Odean Pope listenings … Btw, ‘Odean’ is the correct spelling of his name. Anyway, two recordings from the Odean Pope Trio, 1980 & 82: Out for a Walk; Almost Like Me. I had the drummers name wrong .. It is Cornell Rorchester not Kenny Washington. I could never remember the bassist’s name so I had to look it up … Gerald Veasly. YouTube would be good place to start. The music is 30+ years old but still holds it power after all this time.

• willedav said, on April 17, 2016 at 1:24 pm

thx. To listen to the live program I heard try npr.com and scroll over to link for jazz night in America, hosted by Christian McBride. Forerunners group led by Michael Merritt on electric bass, 2 saxes/keyboards, drums/percussion. Recorded in Philly recently I believe.

Btw, that Jazz Icons Trane DVD has him playing a set with miles rhythm section Wynton Kelly Paul Chambers Jimmy Cobb (but no miles). First cut out the gate is Green Dolphin Street. I love that tune…nothing tops Miles with Bill Evans and Cannon/Trane but this is real nice.

• bassbaldy said, on April 17, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Green Dolphin St. Is one of my all time favs to play .. It’s a classic that is extremely malleable, lending itself to so many possibilities for interpretation. I was at The 55 Bar in Greenwich Village – a tiny dive bar & infamous musician hangout – a few years ago and heard former Miles guitarist, Mike Stern, doing a version of GDSt … Freakin Amazing!!! The bassist was a young Cameroonian cat named Richard Bona (played with Herbie Hancock among others) .. a bonafide breath-taker-awayer! Wanted to have my hands amputated after hearing him. At one point in the evening the drummer plays this great solo, then Richard, the bassist, starts to solo and at a certain moment flips his bass guitar over and starts drumming with his hands on the back the instrument … he outplayed the drummer (and that dude was excellent) hands down .. so to speak!

4. snarkk said, on April 17, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Hey, SF is at 7-5 to start the season, after playing at a historically bad venue for them (Coors) and two series with their nemesis. At worst, they’re 7-6 after today’s final Doghair game at the Latrine. They’re finding their way with new players, and a starting rotation trying to figure it out. I’d say that’s not bad. IMO though, they can’t continue starting Cain and Peavy consecutively, much longer. Too much toll on the Pen with those guys going five innings back to back…

• Irish Kevin said, on April 17, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I would say Cain did a better job than Peavy. Cain had a really good game just the typical Cain game of no run support. We will see how he does with his next start

• bassbaldy said, on April 17, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Exactly my sentiments IK.

• Flavor said, on April 17, 2016 at 3:05 pm

It wouldn’t be too hard to produce a performance that was better than Peavy

• chipower9 said, on April 17, 2016 at 4:04 pm

It was not just a lack of run support for Cain. He was gold for a few innings, and then he had a meltdown inning, and that has been his model of late. That shit has to change. He has to be able to close out those tough innings without letting the other team put up a big crooked number.

I agree with Craig, one of these guys has to right the ship, or you have to juggle the rotation, exactly because of the points made by Flav.

5. wilcojoe said, on April 17, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Hey Flav, I am in pretty good position so far in an afternoon tournament on DK (thanks to Tomas and Drury) and I have a few positions to fill for tonight’s Giants-Dodgers game. Who do you take at the following postions: C, 2b, SS, and one OF. I never like the Giants chances against a guy they haven’t faced. But on paper the Giants have an obvious advantage at the infield positons, so they should be the higher owned. I really don’t like any of my OF options. I am in 14th place (as of now)out of 9000, so I don’t want to fuck this up, even though I always do.

• Flavor said, on April 17, 2016 at 4:11 pm

who do you have in those spots now? 14th with 4 players still to go? You could start some Flappers and probably still win. There’s only one game left.

6. Flavor said, on April 17, 2016 at 4:11 pm

New thread.

7. unca_chuck said, on April 17, 2016 at 7:10 pm

This woman is an idiot. Puig was our by5′ with a decent throw.

8. unca_chuck said, on April 17, 2016 at 7:10 pm