A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Peavy

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 18, 2016

You know what’s a perfect remedy for what ails Peavy?  Paul Goldschmidt and his biceps combined with unseasonably warm temps.

Uh, maybe not.

At least he has the pitchers-park factor working in his favor.

Huge start for Peavy. If he implodes again I’m not sure even the bromance he’s got with Bochy can save him.

At least we don’t have to watch Goldshit blast off against Timmy all night. He used to take Timmy out to the woodshed. Whatever happened to our hero Lincecum? Has he retired? I thought his surgeon pronounced him good to go and better than ever? You can’t listen to surgeons, they all lie.

______________

Also, 66 years ago today, this guy called his first Dodger game. With a 40 at the ready and smokes for days.

scully

1. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 18, 2016 at 6:50 am

Goldschmidt used to put good wood on Lincecum….errrr, ummmm. Yeah.

2. willedav said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:21 am

Loo, “I liked LaRue Martin” was a good one. Loyola of Chi was b-ball power in early 60s, not much since.
    And of course 12 years later Portland drafted Sam Bowie instead of Jordan.
    I couldn’t watch Clips roll them. I think GS has Spurs outnumbered in talent but Clips could screw things up.

Giants should roll AZ. Time to get hitters back in rhythm, tighten up the D and beat the chump teams of the division at least at home. Over/under on Socrates (Brito new CF) jokes in 4 game series from announcers?

3. Lurker John said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:31 am

The perfect name for this post. Peavy. One word says it all. God I hate the Dodgers.,

4. Carstie Clausen said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:36 am

Offense has been sputtering lately. Both Posey and Pence are dragging, Span sputters and Duffy is lost in a black hole. No real sparkle from the rest of the lineup, though Pagan and Belt are hitting for good average and Panik isn’t off by much and Crawford is close. But that big hole in the middle of the lineup has dampened the conga-line.

Arizona pitching should be more to the Giants liking than that of the LaBumbos. Could be all it will take will be for one batter to go on a tear, picking up a passel of teammates in the process. Defense remains firm and the bullpen appears to be sorting itself out. Three top starters appear to be just that. Some signs of hope with Cain. Yes, the focus is on Peavy. Can he pull out of the nosedive or will somebody get the call by the middle of May. Even limited signs of life may carry Peavy into June. Tonight’s performance should tell us quite a bit.

5. zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:42 am

Batting the pitcher 8th hurt the Giants last night.
    I can see it with Bum, but that’s all.

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:54 am

agree.

• willedav said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:57 am

Smardz takes big cuts, so does Cueto who actually got a hit the other night.
      Open ? of whether he hits anyway in that last AB, let alone bunts. Then he pops it up and stands there and gets doubled up. Guy’s an athlete he should have beaten it easily.

I don’t like pitcher 8th either seems like a gimmick. But, if position players stay the same as normal, what do you do with Pagan? I’m not sure how long he holds up but right now he’s hitting .380.

• sandog said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:22 am

I agree on not liking the pitcher batting 8th deal. Then, don’t you also handicap your 7 hole hitter because now HE’s got the pitcher behind him? And hasn’t that been Crawdad at least a few times? The same guy who led the team in dingers last year and had 85 rbi? I don’t get it. Plus LaRussa started this trend, didn’t he? That’s yet another reason not to do it IMO.

• Macdog said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:40 am

I don’t like it at all. It’s managers like LaRussa and Maddon trying to reinvent the wheel, and I’m surprised Bochy keeps doing it. There’s a reason pitchers have hit 9th for over 100 years: they’re by far the worst hitters in the lineup, and they should have the fewest ABs possible.

6. Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:06 am

Smarge should not have been doubled up on that bunt. He bunted and then kinda casually started jogging to first only to turn it up once he saw there was going to be a play at first base. Big mistake by him.

7. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 10:10 am

Yeah, someone mentioned Crawfish hitting behind Duffy. Seems very odd to have Crawfish that low in the order. Esp with Duffy struggling like a mofo. Thought they should have bunted Duffy in the 4th (?) when he was up w/runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs. Instead, DP . . .

We had Merda on the ropes every early inning and didn’t take advantage. Pagan looked horrible last night. 0-3, 3k’s. Then again, no one looked very good but for Panik’s bomb.

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 18, 2016 at 10:19 am

For all his overall greatness, Bochy does suffer from stuck in the mud stubborn brainfartism. So long as he’s in deep dudgeon with the stick Duffy should not be mired in the middle of the lineup and Crawdaddy should not be batting in front of the automatic out. In other words, a switcheroo is called for, IMHO. But as i noted in my earlier screed, both Buster and Blaster need to pick up their game to get this engine rolling again.

8. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 10:22 am

Getting near the end of the month and Posey has 5 RBIs. Fricking T Brown has 7. Time for these guys to wake up and start the conga line.

9. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 10:23 am

Peavy? I hope we get 5 and 3 runs. His leash is getting a little tight around the collar right about now.

10. ewisco said, on April 18, 2016 at 10:27 am

love seeing the Schaefer in the pic. a bunch of buddies are river guides throughout the west. so they’re motto: Schaefer – Beer of Guides, Guide of Beers.

it’s nasty stuff but it’s cheap.

11. Paul Sorensen said, on April 18, 2016 at 10:43 am

First beer I ever tasted was a Schaefer, my Dad was drinking a can one Saturday afternoon watching baseball on TV. I think I was around 7 years old. I thought it tasted like a heavily carbonated loaf of bread. Didn’t quite understand the appeal. Until a handful of years later, anyway… Loved their old jingle: Schaefer is the one beer to have when you’re having more than one. Meaning… yeah, we’ll get you drunk on the cheap….

12. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 11:37 am

Schaefer must be a back-east beer. I hadn’t heard of it till way past my drinking age.

13. Paul Sorensen said, on April 18, 2016 at 11:47 am

Yeah, Charlie, mostly east coast, I think. Didn’t Stroh’s buy it out at some point? Mac might know… 🙂 There used to be a Schaefer brewery on US highway 22 around Allentown, PA, but then it was a Stroh’s, and now I’m not even sure if it’s there anymore. These were the beers I grew up with in Joisey: Schaefer, Schmidts of Philadelphia (I actually liked Schmidts), Ballantine Ale (ad line, “baseball and Ballantine”) …. with a touch of Rolling Rock thrown in.

• Macdog said, on April 18, 2016 at 12:06 pm

Oh man, I remember passing that every time we went to my grandmother’s in Carlisle.

14. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 12:00 pm

When I went to NH for a couple weeks in HS we drank Genesee.

Cream ale or some shit. The funniest part was we discovered that the checkout folks never checked the bottom of the cart, so we not only didnt get carded, we drank for free. Holderness grocery store. Gotta love it.

15. zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 12:00 pm

“I thought it tasted like a heavily carbonated loaf of bread.”

Ha! Perfect description. I knew there was a reason I never became a beer-drinker. 🙂

16. zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Is there a Flapper get-together happening with Paul-in-Asia in-town?

17. Paul Sorensen said, on April 18, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Maybe, Zum… Chi and Steve and I talked about it, and you and a couple others might have chimed in, but not sure, as my time in the Bay Area is now dwindling (Friday departure back to Saigon), and Steve is now arriving a day late as well and likely not feeling overly “with it” for a day or two. Chi has a bit of a drive, of course, so the whole thing is iffy. I could still meet at a good pub Tue. or Wed. eve (preferably Tue) but suddenly, that’s tomorrow…..

• chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 3:33 pm

As much as I want to meet you Paul, and meet up with Steve again, it probably is not happening for me this week. I just took a promotion, and this week is going to be very busy. It will happen at some point. You and Steve are more than welcome to make a trip to South Lake Tahoe, and stop in at my place on the way up. I will cook you a damned good dinner! 😉

18. sandog said, on April 18, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Somehow, Schaefer had a presence in San Diego when I was going to SDSU in the mid 80’s. It was very popular as fill-the-ice chest type of beer. I was quite a big fan, actually.

19. Carstie Clausen said, on April 18, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Low-class, cheap drunk swill most common in Minnesota comes outta Cheesehead country, to the east of us. West-consin as some of my fraternity brothers in St. Louis called the place. In backwater areas like here (1 whole stoplight in the county since late 40’s/early 50’s) the lowclass pop-beers are Bud Blight, Busch Blah and Miller Swiller. Severiously whitebread/sodapop tastebuds, i guess.

My default suds are variations on a theme: Grain Belt Premium and Grain Belt Nordeast. Premo is an easygoing light-colored ale, while its womb-mate is a moderately darker suds. Both are flavorful and go
    down pretty smoothly. Last week i checked out the liquorstore in another one-stoplight town on US#2 where i frequently go for groceries. They had a Move-em-out display close to the front and one of the features was a more than half-decent at $12 for the case. Should have bought more than one as pale ales take waaay over 6 months to go skunky.

down pretty easy

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 18, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Left out the name of that Cheesehead swill: It’s known locally as “Old Mill” ~ short for Old Milwaukee. Must have ingested too much dust and cat-dander housecleaning on a drizzly day. The case emanated from Cold Spring Brewery in central Minnesota. Their uninspiring name is “3-Way”. Good pale ale and absolutely excellent at the price. Lots of folks up this way are scared shitless of new food or drink. Reason for this is because most of the HS grads from the neighborhood with get up and go got up and gone. So the younger generations still hanging in the area tend to be not very adventurous. I call them the Leftovers.

20. Carstie Clausen said, on April 18, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Any brandy sippers on the Flap? Though i generally detest cheap beer, wine and booze, i’m totally a sucker for good stuff at a bargain price. Who isn’t? Found an Armenian brandy called Arajan at a local outlet some months back. Last week i cleaned out the last of their stock on hand. At 750 ml for a price of $17.49 on a tasty, very smooth 5-star brandy, likened by a friend as in the same league as Courvoisier, i would rate this stuff as a genuine bargain. You might need to get your preferred outlet to special order it as obviously the Armenians, who have probably been distilling brandy for well upwards of 2,000 years, do not have much of an advertising and promotion budget.

21. Macdog said, on April 18, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Just noticed what a big night it’ll be for Bay Area with Giants, Warriors and Sharks all at home.

• zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 3:30 pm

For DirecTV customers, the Warriors are on 696 and it bumps the Giants to 696-1. The first time that happened a few years ago, I was perplexed for a moment. I didn’t even KNOW there were channels with dashes in them, and I hadn’t really noticed the dash key on the remote control.

• zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Of course, the Warriors game is also on the TNT Network tonight, with national broadcasters. (Channel 245 on DirecTV.)

22. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Carstie, Old Swill came to town out west somewhere around my 21st b-day. Before that we had Brown Derby and Bergermeister. And Oly. My dad, who vowed (who came from a long line of alkies), “I don’t drink anymore. I just drink beer” would go through Bud cans by the case. There was always at least 4 12 packs at Dad’s at any given time.

Crazy, Mac. Didn’t realize the Sharkies were playing tonight as well. .

Brandy? Too sweet for me.

23. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Although the preferred way to Nirvana was two 6 packs of Schlitz Malt Talls.

24. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 3:27 pm

LS/MFT. . . . Always wondered what that meant when I was a kid.

• djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Do you know, now?
      The big joke in 5th grade was “Loose Strapped Mean Flabby Tits”

• unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Lucky strike. Mostly fucking tobacco or some shit.

• djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Exactly right.

25. chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 3:54 pm

1. Denard Span (L) CF
    2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    3. Buster Posey (R) C
    4. Hunter Pence (R) RF
    5. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Kelby Tomlinson (R) 3B
    8. Jake Peavy (R) P
    9. Angel Pagan (S) LF

P in the 8 hole, again. I know a number of you guys don’t like it. I am not a big fan, either.

DuffMan getting a day off…

GO GIANTS!

26. Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 5:30 pm

still can’t get over that pic of Scully. I mean, he kinda looks old even in the pic. And that was 66 freaking years ago? Crazy.

• chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:17 pm

That is an awesome picture…love the smokes and 40…

27. Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Curry is vertical. Warming up on court now. YAAAASSSSSSS……

28. Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 6:33 pm

fuckin’ Steph’s out. Just cut short workout and headed back to locker room. Fuck.

29. zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Rob Lowe doesn’t like the new D-Back road unis. He tweeted:
    “The Diamondback’s uniforms make them look like futuristic maintenance men working on a trash truck in space.”

30. zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Well, this isn’t taking long.

31. zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Peavy made like Houdini to get out of that inning.

32. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Come on. Can we get one hit? Span gets pegged on a pitch in the dirt, 2 hits and 2 walks and 0 runs.

33. sandog said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:45 pm

I would have bet $100 they were gonna ring Belt up on that one.

• James said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:46 pm

It wasn’t a strike and he would have missed it if he’d swung.

• sandog said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:53 pm

He seems to get unfairly rung up a ton though.

• James said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Agreed, but high and outside he needs to let go no matter the odds because he simply can’t hit it. I wouldn’t bet on it, but if his K rate stays where it’s at right now, he might actually have a season good enough to win BF over.

34. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:45 pm

No shit. Those last 2 were clooose.

35. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:46 pm

I’m not sweating Curry. I’d rather have him a full strength in a couple days.

God DAMN IT!!!

36. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:53 pm

The Dubs should still handle Houston. The Giants are making me ill.

37. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 7:55 pm

??????

• zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:01 pm

The Pagan catch? He doesn’t seem to call for the ball very well. Seems to happen fairly often.

38. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Yeah. Span doesn’t seem to say much out there either. There’ve been a few near misses out there.

Span needs to be the man here.

39. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Or that . . .

40. djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:09 pm

This Arizona uniform is the worst I have ever seen in any level of baseball.
    It looks like they’re wearing soot…

• unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:18 pm

They look like the old Giants road unis. Except for the coal dust on the bottoms.

• sandog said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:22 pm

I like the jerseys and helmets. The pants? Not so much.

• Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:18 pm

it’s really amazing that someone signed off on this. It’s amazing that someone designed this. That they’re wearing this. I mean, HOW does this go all the way through the red flags and get to this point?

41. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:09 pm

This guy is all over the place. There you go. Nice……….

42. djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Why doesn’t Panik fuckin’ speak up?

• James said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:15 pm

The exaggerated swing probably made him feel culpable.

• Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:20 pm

James, I’m sure your wife is quite happy with the unplastiked furniture, yes? I made that word up. But it’s gotta be comfortable as hell at your place these days…..

• djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:20 pm

That word always makes me think of Ray Culp…

• James said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:24 pm

The 6 year contract liberated the living room. Hell, he hasn’t been “rested” yet, although I just know Boch has a Posey/Brown special waiting for me tomorrow night since it’ll be my first game at ATT.

• Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:26 pm

have fun at the game, I’m not going to one till July.

• James said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Thx, hope it’s early July . . . .

43. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:16 pm

No shit. He has to know he hit it.

44. chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Have to agree, those D-Back uniforms are the worst ever, in any sport…

45. chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Anyone think Peavy can toss a quick 1-2-3?

• sandog said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:23 pm

No, but he did it!

• willedav said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:29 pm

and struck out freaking Golds to do it.
      “Lincecum doesn’t pitch here anymore but I still do.”

46. snarkk said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Hey Chuck– what about Hamms, from the land of sky blue waters — that read crap. They still make it?…

• snarkk said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Was crap…

47. sandog said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:28 pm

If you hate these uni’s, wait til you see the ones they have that are similar, but with teal highlights.

48. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Their ads were funny back in the day. Up there with Raaaaa-Neeeeeeer-beeeeeer.

49. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:31 pm

The fouls that Harden draws are a fucking joke. I swear I’d elbow him in the forehead before I’d let him get away with those fucking lame-ass calls.

50. snarkk said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:31 pm

I don’t get it. Harden gets phantom fouls, Curry gets mugged and no call…

51. willedav said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Lucky Lager was 1.25 a six and they had the riddles on the cap in ’72 when I could buy them legally here.

• Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:33 pm

that’s such an awesome post. I just popped Loo into the POTD but I am fast tracking this one to the POTD-best of. Too much gold in this to miss.The POTD-best of needed an update anyway. Nothing since The Skink gold.

52. chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Even if he doesn’t have anything left in the tank, and blows rest of they year, I appreciate Peavy. Dude is a competitor…and I like his fire (although he sometimes lets that get the best of him). Will always love this bit with him and Flannery in a hotel stairwell in Colorado…

• zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Cool song and video.

• zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Both Emmylou Harris, and Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings do that song in just about every one of their concerts.

• chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Townes Van Zandt song…one of my all time favorites…

53. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Harden is such a joke of a player. No D and he’s a volume shooter of the worst type. Comes up small in big situations. Thinks he should be MVP?

• Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:39 pm

100% true. And if the refs aren’t free-rollin’ him to the line he’s got literally nothing……

54. snarkk said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:39 pm

I think they still make Oly. “It’s the water” out of tumwater, Wa. Yeah, the water must have been great since the brewery was right off of the I-5. My father was not into alcohol much, but on a rare occasion he’d drink an Oly with a can of sardines chaser. And Oly used to make tiny little cans- cute six ouncers…

• Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:40 pm

My cheapo beer as a kid, at least in college, was Henry Weinhards. We sent many of them down in Portland back in the day.

• snarkk said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:43 pm

That was pretty good S in its day, good value brew…

55. Flavor said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:41 pm

I just skimmed the POTD-best of. There is so much gold there. I should turn it into a book.

56. snarkk said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:42 pm

In a brewpub drinking a Lagunitas Pilsener — ok, but kinda unsatisfying like the Dubs without Currry…

57. wilcojoe said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:42 pm

My grandfather used to drink generic beer. Seriously, it was generic. He would buy it by the case at Lucky’s (are those even still around?). It literally came in a plain white can and just said BEER. I don’t think it even listed the ingredients or where it was made, nothing. It looked like something you would see in a cartoon.

• djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Back in the 70’s (hard times in NY) a store called Pathmark here had an aisle of generic everything with plain white labels just like you described. I especially remember “GREEN BEANS”…

• djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:51 pm

• wilcojoe said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:59 pm

That’s it Loo! Except, I don’t think it even said “no frills”. He would drink those and smoke non-filtered Camels. Not surprisingly, he died at age 60.

• djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Not to make light of it, but I think it would be cool if he had a plain white tombstone that just said “Dead
        Person”…

• wilcojoe said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:20 pm

The funny thing is, your not far off. He was buried at a cemetery in Walnut Creek. My grandmother was going to have the tombstone inscribed soon thereafter but never did and she died a couple years after. I don’t know what those places do in such circumstances. You might be right.

58. djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:43 pm

It really wasn’t that close to hitting him…

59. zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:43 pm

From National Geographic: why the T-Rex was such an angry dinosaur.

60. snarkk said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Pull Harden’s beard and a couple of mice are going to fall out…

61. snarkk said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:49 pm

HackaBogut…

62. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Harden has had 5 bullshit fouls called his way.

63. snarkk said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:51 pm

If the refs don’t give Harden these phantom fouls, Houston is absolute dog meat…

64. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:54 pm

Yet again. Harden should play in a fucking bubble. 2-7 from the field. 12-13 from the line.

65. chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:58 pm

No Panik here! Boom!

66. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Need a blowout here. We should have 7 on this guy.

• chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Typical Giant bullshit against a rook, though…

67. unca_chuck said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Wow. Just saw the Panik bomb.

68. zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Bondsian blast.

69. chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Giants need to put a little sway in their hips and get the damned conga line going!

70. djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:03 pm

It might take an injury, but I can see Panik spending some time in the 3 hole this season, with Angel moving up to the 2 hole. Shit, Fontenot batted 3rd for awhile back in 2011…

• zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Joe Morgan did it for the Big Red Machine. Pedroia did it for the Red Sox in ’13, a championship season.

• wilcojoe said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:11 pm

It may take an injury to Posey but I will still stand by my wild and crazy prediction that Panik will end up with better career numbers than Posey.

• sandog said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:19 pm

I thought that was a crazy ass statement, but that homer had me thinking of what you said. That was a big boy blast.

• chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:23 pm

I think he will hit for a higher average, and I have said often, I think Panik will win a batting title (or two).

• alleykat69 said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Those D-backs uni’s are putrid.
      What they ran out of stitching on their pant legs not to go up to the belt?

71. willedav said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:11 pm

Drawing fouls and getting to the FT line is an art tho. Steph shoots 90% from the line, but usually he is trying to avoid contact and concentrating on getting his shot in when he drives. He is shifty enough and has the range to get to the line more often, Thompson too.

72. chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Holy shit…really…he walks fricking Peavy!

73. alleykat69 said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Peavy bails out Specs with a great AB!

• zumiee said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Mixed blessing. Bochy might bat the pitchers 8th for a long time now.

74. chipower9 said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Sharks and Kings knotted at 1 going into the third…

75. djloo27 said, on April 18, 2016 at 9:23 pm