Perspective

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 21, 2016

In a couple of months, I want Lisle to break out that shorthand/journal thing that he’s furiously scribbling in and remind us of the darkest time of the year. Because this is it. And we shouldn’t overreact to it, just as we shouldn’t have expected the Giants to average scoring 8 runs a game as they did earlier this year.

Bad stretch. Bad week. I think Buster is hurt, there’s a direct line you can draw from his foot getting hit to the slump he’s in right now.

The important thing to remember>>>>>>

this too shall pass…….

1. Macdog said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Who the hell is Ian Clark?

2. unca_chuck said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Holy shit. Clark with the biggest shot of his entire family’s history.

3. unca_chuck said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Wow. Draymond brain farts sometimes and it’s dazzling.

4. Lurker John said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Fucking Green. I do not want the ball in that guy’s hands at the end of a game. Way too prone to turning the ball over. Horrible play and horrible officiating letting Harden get away with a blatant push off. You’d better get Curry’s wheels greased, Kerr, because you ain’t shit without him.

5. unca_chuck said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:29 pm

John, Steph does it too. It’s part of the style they play. But they certainly can limit that shit. Aggressive turnovers are tolerable. Crosscourt passes or lobs with 4 guys in the lane are stupid.

• Lurker John said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Steph does do that sometimes, but I want the ball in a guard’s hands right there, not Draymond and not with the night he’s been having. It gets mentioned a lot, but the W’s do get incredibly careless with the ball at times. Even the last layup by Clark was not a pass from Livingston, it was the defender punching it out from behind and having it taking a fortuitous bounce right to Clark.

6. Lurker John said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:30 pm

I used to like and respect Harden, but that has long since been flushed down the toilet. What a prick.

7. Lurker John said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Sloppy but entertaining game. Good comeback that fizzled at the end. Get ’em Saturday.

8. djloo27 said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:35 pm

All this coverage of Prince. And none for poor Chyna.
    Reminds me of John Lennon and Elston Howard…

• zumiee said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:51 pm

And Elvis and Groucho Marx.

By the way, Houdini died on Oct. 31st, Halloween. That’s kind of wild.

9. blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Loo . . . You still here? And/or Mac?

Need info regarding tentative flight I am making to Boston and New York . . , Leave Denver July 19th at 10:40am and arrive at Boston 4:46pm; Return is July 23rd flying out of Newark 9:39pm and arriving in Denver at 11:57pm.

Flight is free via my United miles. My question – is Newark airport a good choice, if I am staying in the Bronx (to see the Yanks/Giants game)? Or, should I look at another airport? Thanks in advance!

• djloo27 said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:40 pm

LaGuardia’s the closest…

• blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Is Newark manageable? Best way to get there without getting hosed by one of your sharp NY citizens is?????

• djloo27 said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:52 pm

I have the world’s worst sense of direction, but Newark to Yankee Stadium ain’t a big deal. There are tolls when you go NJ to NY if that’s a consideration…

• djloo27 said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:56 pm

I never made this trip, Blade, but maybe this would work for you:

• djloo27 said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:59 pm

MacDog is the man to speak to. He’s real smart and is a Jersey guy, I think.
        I am a disoriented Brooklyn mental patient…

• blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Just saw this (was taking a shower). Thank you very much Loo.

• Macdog said, on April 21, 2016 at 11:41 pm

Hey Blade, probably the best way is to take the subway from the Bronx to Penn Station, and then from there you can catch the train right to Newark Airport. If I go to one of the Giants-Yanks games, it’s very likely the way I’ll go, just from a different station in Jersey.

• blade3colorado said, on April 22, 2016 at 5:19 am

Thanks Mac. I will copy your post along with that link Loo provided. Chi and I are going to the games on the 20th in Boston and the 22nd in New York. I really hope we see you, Loo, Peter (GH), Pawlie, and who knows – Bozo too . . . If not at the games, then a watering hole (Finnertys?).

10. blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:40 pm

Warriors pre-game show had a blurb on how Prince was a baller . . . Uhh, say what? Dude didn’t make his HS basketball team and he was 5’2″ . . . Hilarious.

• zumiee said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Yeah, I read a thing today that said he liked to play basketball. I’m guessing his entourage didn’t play much defense against him.

• blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2016 at 9:47 pm

hehehe . . . Now, that was funny Zum. Yeah, it wouldn’t pay to embarrass the guy who is paying the bills. 🙂

11. bassbaldy said, on April 21, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Anyone see the Dave Chappelle skit about Prince being a baller? Freakin hilarious .. Dave & pals run in to Prince and his band at late night bar scene .. Prince invites them back to his pad to hang; once there, Prince invites them to a have a little friendly game .. Chapelle & his crew are gigglin, cause Prince being so short they figure he ain’t got no game … So they start a shirts vs Blouses match! … Prince & his band wipe the court up with the Dave & his biddies. They are stunned and humiliated … To rub it in, as the dawn arrives, Princes make them pancakes and tells ’em to get the fuck out!

12. unca_chuck said, on April 22, 2016 at 7:53 am

Funny thing is, BB, the story was basically true, and it inspired a song by Prince.

“Breakfast can wait”