Bad And Badder

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 6, 2016

You’ll recall that I warned you guys about Vin Mazzaro. No one can blow up an inning like V-Mazzy. He’s the human July 4th fireworks show. Now I’m starting to think Cain planted Mazzaro on the team to make him look better.

A Cain quote probably heard after the game: “I mean, yeah I’ve been bad, but Mazzaro’s ERA is NINE TIMES my ERA. Jeez, wouldn’t wanna be THAT GUY.”

There are predictable calls for the Giants to sign Timmy and I’m one of those proponents. But not at any price. If there’s a lot of competition for him, let him go somewhere else. If this showcase thingy works, he will have pulled off quite a re-birth. He’s been one of the worst pitchers in either league for years. What to do? Have surgery and completely shut down on your own time table to return. Wait until the season gets going, teams get desperate, and BANG(!) you suddenly schedule a showcase. Twenty teams show up with radar guns in both fists. GM’s shower you with offers.

Now THAT is how to re-invent yourself without doing anything. Lulz.

1. chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:36 pm

This game has become a bit tortuous all of a sudden…I hate it when that shit happens…

2. Paul Sorensen said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Yeah, Chi, we have to feel pretty good about our top 3 starters. Definitely built for the playoffs with Bum, Cueto, and Large Smarge. People always talk about just needing “serviceable” 4th and 5th starters to get to the post-season, which clearly this team lacks. Bochy still is saying Cain is close. We’ll have to just trust in Bruce on this, I guess, he’s obviously a lot more patient than most of Flap Universe is….

• chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:43 pm

You are so right on, Paul. I was having similar thoughts while out driving around today…saying, wow, if the Giants only had a couple of guys at 4/5 who when it was all said and done, ended the year at 6-9 or something like that, I would be fucking ecstatic. You know you will never see anything remotely like that from either Peavy or Cain. The Giants have to do something. Whatever it is will take some time, and they may have to fabricate an injury or two. Given that, expect both Peavy and Cain to make their next couple of starts.

3. djloo27 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Where’s Brian Wilson these days?

4. chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Gearrin kid looked pretty damned good there…

• bassbaldy said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Apologies, I’d dint see your 9:42 before responding to your initial post .. In any case, yeah, that’s all I’m talking about!

5. snarkk said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Radio commentary earlier said Buster was 5 for 28 with men in scoring position. That ain’t good…

• chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:43 pm

.222 this year per BB ref.com

• bassbaldy said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Not good for anyone but especially not good for a so called Elite player but he is looking good lately .. Tonight not so much …yet, as I said, nobody can do it ALL the time .. Not expecting that whatsoever.

• chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:51 pm

But everybody needs a whipping boy… 😉

• bassbaldy said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Especially when that he is making umpteen millions-o-$ … get my juices going!

• blade3colorado said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:59 pm

My #1 whipping boy is Belt. #1a is Posey.

• bassbaldy said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:02 pm

My Spidy sense tells me Belt is gonna break out this year .. if he can stay healthy .. He is well on his way.

6. Lurker John said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:46 pm

“They sure like to have parties on boats out there.
    I’d say the best thing about them is that you’re never too far from a good place to vomit

LOL

• djloo27 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Laugh it up, LJ!

• Lurker John said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:08 pm

If that’s not a good reason to party on a boat, I don’t know what is.

7. snarkk said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Watched the mlb.com highlights on Timmeh showcase.
    I gotta admit, I miss that little dude. He looked like he had really good balance, wasn’t falling off to the first base side all the time. Pitching free and easy…

• djloo27 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:53 pm

I think Timmy’s also got a great speaking voice. Deeper than you would think for a little skinny guy.

• blade3colorado said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:54 pm

See?

“little skinny guy”

If he wasn’t pitching, he’d be a flapper.

• blade3colorado said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:53 pm

You know why you miss him? Because he looks like one of us. Not “Thor” or Smargalphabet or some other stud 6 foot 6 inch giant.

8. chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:56 pm

I miss him because he was OUR GUY! And those first couple of years were electric! When he was on the hill, you just anticipate the key strikeout and win. And yes, he wasn’t the Adonis…he was just our Timmy. 55!

9. chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Ballgame!

10. chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Nice little comeback to set Bum up for the W.

11. zumiee said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Casilla has been excellent lately. Lights out.

12. blade3colorado said, on May 6, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Good, I can almost return to Colorado with my head held high. Better if we get another win tomorrow though. Grin.

• chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:15 pm

When do you head back, Blade?

• blade3colorado said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Next week on the 12th.

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2016 at 6:30 am

Ah…heading home on my daughter’s 30th DB. Damn…hard to believe my baby is turning 30!

13. zumiee said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Sole possession of first place! 🙂

• djloo27 said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:02 pm

If the starting rotation keeps winning 3 out of 5 they’ll cruise….

• bassbaldy said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:07 pm

We’ll, that ain’t gonna happen Loo .. and those shitsuckin 4 & 5’s are putting inordinate pressure on the 1, 2 & 3s to do exactly that.

Btw, anyone into breaking out the pitch forks, lighting torches, and storming the gates looking for Kelly’s blood? Myself, I’m almost there. Endangering the health of our players is the line he crossed by sending Posey last night.

• chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:15 pm

I’ll take .600 all day long, and twice on Sunday!

• blade3colorado said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Yeah, today in the Denver Post, commenters were not qualifying their 1st place with the fact that the Bums and our team were also in 1st. They were so giddy about kicking our ass and being in 1st this late in the season, I didn’t have the heart to correct them. 🙂

14. willedav said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Uncanny but I had sound off last few innings listening to Muddy Waters best on youtube and bum holds them off, Belt! drives in a run Casilla shuts them down and there we are. Nice comeback W from 4-0 hole. K and K, away.
    and no I’m not listening to greg fing papa and aurillia.

• djloo27 said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Muddy Waters for BBOTD!

• bassbaldy said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:08 pm

NICE!!!

• chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Love me some Muddy Waters!

15. willedav said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Re: Loo’s 9:22 lefties pulling the ball, couldn’t agree more. Craw did stick one in the water early last night but just foul.
    Belt does that all too rarely. If he could take one deep down the RF line and in the air that is shortest distance for a HR in the whole yard I think.
    Panik and Blanco are more spray hitters that rarely take that kind of advantage either.

• bassbaldy said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Please, let’s not get Blanco trying to hit HRs … A Proven recipe for disaster.

• djloo27 said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:15 pm

307 down the RF line, I think. That’s a pop-up!!!

• bassbaldy said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:19 pm

nooooo .. Please! .. Not Blanco, anyone but him … He’s doing so well with the warm he is hitting now .. it ain’t broke, let’s not try to fix it.

• chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Yes. Definitely the shortest distance, but you have to clear the 24′ wall.

• djloo27 said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Don’t have to clear it Chi – just reach it and let it carom wherever…

• James said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:38 pm

60% of the pitches Belt sees are away. 2/3 of those are off the plate. Half of the other pitches he sees are out of the strike zone inside. It would be foolish for him to try to pull the ball more.

16. snarkk said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Willie’s looking a little old at 85. Hell, I hope I even get there. What are they going to do when he’s gone? Not to be maudlin, but he’s got to lie in state in center field. That’s what has to be done, IMO. What better tribute?…

• chipower9 said, on May 6, 2016 at 11:05 pm

Agree…

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2016 at 8:14 am

When Willie passes, my childhood officially ends…

17. zumiee said, on May 6, 2016 at 10:45 pm

MLB Network night crew had a lot of positive things to say about MadBum, and his will to win.

18. sandog said, on May 6, 2016 at 11:09 pm

I totally missed the game, so I’m just now getting caught up on the box and posts. Nice win. The Murphy post about Lincecum is outstanding and has me starting to waffle a bit about whether to bring him back or not.
    Loo gave me a couple of good laughs with The Master of Puppets and easy-access-for-vomiting lines.
    Reminded me of a houseboat bachelor party I was on many years ago on the Sacramento Delta. After a day and evening of debauchery, I awoke in the middle of the night and knew I needed to puke. I headed straight for the nearest railing as I was in a sleeping bag on the top deck. At that point,everyone was asleep, several boats were in the area and you could hear a pin drop. I’m a pretty good sized dude with a mouth like Stephen Tyler, and when I puke I raise the roof with a cacaphony of sound. (I’m not sure if I used that word right, but I am going with it). I absolutely let loose over the railing for a good 2-3 minutes and proceeded to wake up everyone within 100 yards of me–some of whom began heckling me. Good times.
    I remember my mom made a big container of deviled eggs for me to bring on the houseboat with me. She was always real big on the concept of never showing up to an event empty handed—even if the event is a bunch of savages on a houseboat with kegs, weed, and strippers on board.

• snarkk said, on May 6, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Strippers on a houseboat in the Delta? The mind boggles…

• Flavor said, on May 7, 2016 at 5:20 am

lol, there is a lot going on inside of this post. Love it!

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2016 at 7:41 am

Why are you up at 5:20 on Saturday?

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2016 at 6:34 am

Awesome post! Love the “I’m a pretty good sized dude with a mouth like Stephen Tyler, and when I puke I raise the roof with a cacaphony of sound,” and yes, houseboat – check. Kegs – check. Weed – check. Strippers – check. Add the deviled eggs (thanks, Mom!) and it sounds like you had all the bases covered. lulz

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2016 at 7:59 am

Check out Mays’ reaction, SanDog:

19. snarkk said, on May 6, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Timmeh, full showcase.
    I’m wondering who the catcher was…

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2016 at 6:41 am

It is official (well, I was pretty much there already – this was the icing on the proverbial cake)…I want 55 back in the orange and black! Fuck I love that kid!

Every time I see him, I have visions of the on-field celebration when our boys won the world series in 2010, with Timmy on the shoulders of his teammates with his finger thrust into the air.

I have not been able to find a video clip of the conversation between Timmy and Shawn Estes. That was pretty cool.

Bochy liked what he saw, and perhaps I recall hearing something about this, but Timmy also threw a private session for the Giants 10 days ago for Evans and Dick Tidrow.

20. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 7, 2016 at 6:49 am

It’d be interesting to hear what Tidrow thinks. He’s the orgs arm whisperer right?

• djloo27 said, on May 7, 2016 at 7:40 am

Obviously you’re biased towards people named Dirt…

• chipower9 said, on May 7, 2016 at 8:05 am