Quiet Bats, Curry Rises

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 10, 2016

I didn’t watch the game (Lock in! #DubNation) but if you just look at Peavy’s line he wasn’t the problem last night. Once again, we failed to do anything with the bats. And what’s weird about this season is that I normally have no problem finding targets for my arrows. But as I look up and down the line up I really can’t find too much to rage about. I like all those guys. At least, there’s no one I think needs to be benched.

If Peavy can go 5 and give up 3 ER’s every game I will take that and shake his hand as our worst starting pitcher. But the Giants should be able to win a game if their starter goes 5 innings and gives up 3 runs. I’m not saying they should easily win or win every time but it’s not like they were getting blown out.

Score some damn runs…….

1. zumiee said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Good call by BF before the series started about the low amount of runs given up by Peavy and Cain.
    The Blue Jays have looked a little lost in this ballpark, as AL teams often do.

• djloo27 said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:23 pm

BF is psychic…

• wilcojoe said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Yep, no joke. Craig should actually charge for some of his insight. Horse racing, baseball, the dude is a savant. Some of the predictions he makes here are scary good.

• bassbaldy said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Except, of course when it comes to his opinion of “my guy” Adam Duvall … Contrary to Big Flavour’s prescient prediction, that kid is undoubtably going to be superstar and we are going to be crying in our beers that we ever traded him away! 😉

2. eddacker said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Posey slumping
    Span has a flat
    Pawlie’s pipe is where it’s at

This shit is getting old.

3. Macdog said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I predict Pence makes the last out.

• zumiee said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:33 pm

You ain’t got BF’s secret mojo. 🙂

• Macdog said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Wrong again.

4. bassbaldy said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:32 pm

In the week since Cain’s last start Giants have played 60 innings of baseball for 58 hits, 15-75 risp, 59 risp with 2 outs … not counting whatever happens in the bottom of this 9th inning.

5. alleykat69 said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:33 pm

We all need a nap after watching Happ pitch!

6. blade3colorado said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Fun factoid . . .

On June 13, 2012, Happ earned a place in history as the opposing starting pitcher for Matt Cain’s perfect game. Happ pitched 31⁄3 innings, gave up 11 hits, and 8 runs, all of which were earned runs.

7. djloo27 said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Bum will have to pitch and hit tomorrow…

8. zumiee said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Cain pitched very well, but the 40% go to a 1-9 record.

9. bassbaldy said, on May 10, 2016 at 9:52 pm

A not so fun factoid (riffing on Blade’s theme) .. giants have had, on average, at least one runner in scoring position in their last 60 innings and, with that advantage, have averaged zero runs in those SIXTY!!

10. sandog said, on May 10, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Some positives:
    -As noted several times, Cain pitched well and it looked he had good stuff
    -Tomlinson had a nice game and seems to be settling down.
    – Our fans are making some nice plays on foul balls and thank God that girl didn’t get hit in a worse spot.
    -Bum does a helluva job in that Chevy truck commercial with his facial expressions.
    -We’re back to the top of the rotation tomorrow

11. snarkk said, on May 10, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Cain just got another half dozen starts with this outing. Joy.
    I don’t find it coincidental that the team has gone into narcolepsy on offense since Pagan has been out. He’s still not on the DL, by the way, but essentially can’t play. Which is insane. It’s always beneficial to have 24 players when the other team has 25. Thank Keereist the Dubs are playing like men possessed, else I’d be really ticked off at the Giants. Are Klay and Draymond available to pinch hit?…

• zumiee said, on May 10, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Klay’s bro just hit a walk-off HR for the Dodgers. Pretty good player.

• bassbaldy said, on May 10, 2016 at 10:23 pm

It does seem crazy Snarkk .. what does it mean?

That we have not one single player in the minors that can help the team and it is actually better to technically go with one less player on the roster than giving someone else an opportunity to gain experience?

That really is nuts!!!

12. snarkk said, on May 10, 2016 at 10:28 pm

The whole team essentially isn’t hitting. But, I’ll go off on Posey. 0-4 tonight. The guy is sucking at the plate. He had his average up, but it was an empty average. His avg. with RISP is crap. He’s making $20 million / year for infinity, and is hitting like he should be making MLB minimum. I’m concerned that in the out years of his deal, it is going to look very bad. Is he hurt? WTF is the deal with this guy? They rest him constantly like he’s got terminal lumbago or something, or are his joints made of glass? We may have already seen the best of Posey, and it’s downhill from here. Fucking strap it on and start hitting and producing dude, or get healthy if you’re hurt. I don’t get it…

13. snarkk said, on May 10, 2016 at 10:38 pm

BTW, $30 million for Span? He looks serviceable, that’s it. This is what you get when you can’t develop ONE damn outfielder worth a crap from your farm system over 20+ years. Not ONE. I’d put friggin’ Stix on the job to research and come up with some top outfield prospects for the draft and give him the job to pick ’em. Would he do worse than Sabean? Hell no, it’d be impossible for him to do worse, I’d put money on you Stix to come up with an OFer…

14. snarkk said, on May 10, 2016 at 10:49 pm

blade – sent you an email reply, late. I’ve been really busy, sorry I didn’t timely reply…

15. snarkk said, on May 10, 2016 at 10:56 pm

Friggin’ Williamson had only 17 PAs in the bigs this season before he got cashiered back down. Disjointed opportunities to get in games and hit, yet he gets sent packing in favor of Parker. Mays went friggin’ 0-21 when he came up to New York from Montreal, then started hitting. I’m not expecting Mays quality hitting, but sheeeit, give the guy a chance. He AND Parker could have been on this roster if they had DLed Pagan when he hurt his hammy. Instead, the invisible man took the 25th roster spot that Pagan is still occupying, but from which he’s not contributing — because he’s hurt…