Arizona and THE MVP

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 12, 2016

Giants vs Grienke today and the one thing we have going for us is the Visual Memory Index number. Giants are at +7.54, Arizona is at -11.55. It’s no lock but that suggest the Giants hitters will be tracking the ball a little better than the D-backs hitters. So I’m cautiously optimistic tonight….

The Warriors. What can you say about this team? Mid season I started following this d-bag Cleveland fan/writer who predicted the Cavs would beat the Warriors by 10. That’s the game the Warriors beat them by 40 (or whatever it was, not gonna look it up). This dope has spent the last 4 months talking shit about “wait till the Finals…”, he was especially critical of Steph winning the MVP. Well @VernThompsonNBA is getting closer to his wish….

1. willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:44 am

Cueto can match up with anyone. AZ is 5-12 at home, so everyone else likes hitting there too.
    Giants owe these guys big time and I really don’t think Snakes are a contender for anything past 3rd place.

Portland was good series for Warriors. I don’t think any other team left has as good a backcourt/more offensive weapons with range. Curry and Thompson are rolling and they play good team D with Iguodala in there.
    Just have to avoid the occasional meltdowns from Green and stay out of foul trouble.

I really hope next elevation of game from Thompson and Curry is to draw more contact and get to the line more. They have such great body control they avoid contact and get clean looks. However, guys like Lillard that are able to shoot more FTs get defenders and opposing team in foul trouble and that’s an advantage.
    Hey Curry shoots 90% from the line—if he can get there 5-6 times more a game all to the better.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:52 am

I see that point; but Curry also has an amazing ability to avoid shot-blocks in the key.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:01 am

I guess what I’m saying is- your idea makes practical sense, but from an aesthetically-pleasing aspect, it’s more fun watching him find clever ways around defenders.

• willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:08 am

Zum you’re right Curry often flips in shots before bigs get to him and finishes brilliant creativity.
      He does seem to get bumped a lot without getting calls; hopefully as 2 time MVP he gets the calls others get all the time. I do think ability to draw fouls is an art and a lot of other guys (like Durant) are good at it and it’s something that can work to team’s adavantage.

2. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:49 am

What the bleep is the Visual Memory Index?

• Flavor said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:15 am

I’ve used it as a tool the last couple of years to compliment my daily fantasy research. It can be quite accurate, especially on the first game of a series.

3. willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:03 am

I said a day ago I’d love for Warriors to sign Alan Crabbe, out of Price HS in LA and 3 yrs at Cal, as FA in offseason. He left early and was player of year in Pac 12 under Monty and is just now figuring out what he can do in the NBA. He’d bring instant O to the bench, unlike scrubs like Rush and Barbosa.
    Blazers also have Harkless and Davis as FAs, and both these guys have game. If their bigs improve, look out.

I’m gonna defend Barnes too. He’s a complimentary player who doesn’t shoot much but still plays good D (he was on guards a lot of the night) rebounds and moves the ball so the scorers get more touches. He doesn’t need 15-20 shots a game here like he would get elsewhere. He hit a big 3 the other night and has nice moves to basket. I liked when Kerr ran the play with him at high post and he went right to rim. He rarely makes mistakes or bad decisions with the ball, unlike Green, who makes the worst turnovers.

LeCoach doesn’t realize this is exactly the type of teammate he needs, an unselfish player that can blend in with others, not another all star like Kevin Love. I’ve seen this over and over on teams I’ve coached–it’s not always about having your 5 best players on the floor, but the players that play together the best and work well with each other.

4. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:12 am

Crabbe is a beast. I hadn’t seen much of him till the playoffs, and he’s special. McCollum is another guy who suddenly is real good. Portland is a lot like the Dubs in that they can rain 3s and attack the middle.

Barnes? He is maddeningly inconsistent. He’s just had too many games where he shoots 0-8 from the field and clanks half his free throws. He should forego the outside shots and just attack the rim with his length. I do like his defense and rebounding as you said, Willie.

Steph and Klay make lazy/stupid turnovers as well. This is something they need to watch out for, but it’s a product of the up-tempo game they play.

5. bassbaldy said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:13 am

I really like all the positivity about our chances with the Snakes. Supporting it with facts & figures is commendable too. Sadly, the truth is we have struggled mightily against that team for quite awhile now. They’ve swept 4 from us at home already … FOUR! .. At HOME! We’ve got our best pitchers in the first two games, our worst in the next two. After tomorrow, I’m praying for rain … I know, I know .. it’s in a dome .. in AZ .. in May .. I’m still praying for rain.

6. Bozo said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:37 am

Grienke hasn’t pitched that great at Chase field this year. I know its a small sample size but his 4 games at home he’s 1-2 and sporting a 7.61 ERA and a WHIP of 1.732. He’s allowed 5 HRs at home (zero, on the road) and opposing teams have a .347 BA against him there.
    Grienke can be got.

7. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:49 am

Those numbers make it all the more likely that he throws a 3-hit shutout.

• Bozo said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:48 am

Damn Unca, I went the other way on the #s. I was thinking we’d have 5 runs by the 3rd and a little payback for the game he threw in our house.

• bassbaldy said, on May 12, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Wow, a realist! I thought I was the only one, Chuck? … but when I say stuff like that I’m called ‘negative’ .. Go figure!

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Was 3 in 5 realistic 6 years ago?

• bassbaldy said, on May 12, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Oh so TRUE LOO!

8. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:33 am

Anything is possible. We do seem to be hitting better on the road tho.

9. Irish Kevin said, on May 12, 2016 at 11:04 am

The Warriers need to address their Defense, they let Portland score over 120 points in the last 3 games, I am sure that Kerr will be talking to the players about that!

10. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Portland is the closest team to us in terms of defending the arc.

11. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 3:08 pm

I was reading an article about the 2006 draft. Within the first 11 picks, there was a lot of quality. Having a lousy 2005 season paid off for the Giants and some other teams.
    2006 MLB Draft first round
    Number Player Team
    1 Luke Hochevar Royals
    2 Greg Reynolds Rockies
    3 Evan Longoria Devil Rays
    4 Brad Lincoln Pirates
    5 Brandon Morrow Mariners
    6 Andrew Miller Tigers
    7 Clayton Kershaw Dodgers
    8 Drew Stubbs Reds
    9 Billy Rowell Orioles
    10 Tim Lincecum Giants
    11 Max Scherzer D-backs

12. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 3:44 pm

There’s actually a Wikipedia page about Giants’ first round picks. Here’s the picks since 2000. The batting average of success is high compared to other teams.
    And, yes, the Giants drafted a guy named Boof Bonser. šŸ™‚
    2011 Joe Panik Shortstop St. John’s University
    (New York City)
    2011 Kyle Crick Right-handed pitcher Sherman High School
    (Sherman, Texas)
    2012 Chris Stratton Right-handed pitcher Mississippi State University
    (Starkville, Mississippi)
    2013 Christian Arroyo Shortstop Hernando High School (Florida)
    (Brooksville, Florida)
    2014 Tyler Beede Right-handed pitcher Vanderbilt University
    (Nashville, Tennessee)
    2015 Phil Bickford Right-handed pitcher College of Southern Nevada
    (Henderson, Nevada)
    2015 Chris Shaw First baseman Boston College
    (Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts)

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 3:58 pm

And, of course, some important trades happened with some of these guys: Alderson was turned into Freddie Sanchez, and Culberson was turned into Marco Scutaro, both pivotal trades for helping to win championships in ’10 and ’12.
      Wheeler was traded for Beltran, a trade I fully supported during the ’11 season, but the Giants didn’t make the playoffs that year. You all knew all that already.

13. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Blackburn’s up, who’s being sent down?

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 5:41 pm

I don’t know. Where’d you hear it? Pagan’s still not in the lineup…

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Tolbert mentioned it on KNBR.

14. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Parker down, 13-man pitching staff again, and a gimpy Pagan.

15. Flavor said, on May 12, 2016 at 6:26 pm

waiting for Pagan to get healthy is like those Irish fuckers who waited around to videotape the pitch drop

16. Macdog said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:07 pm

A total mauling OKC. Has there ever been a more empty 67-win season?

17. alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:18 pm

I’m so sick of Pagan&Bochy’s relationship! They should atleast exchange wives once in a while..

18. bassbaldy said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Anyone else ever listen to the opposing teams radio broadcast? I often find a wealth of detailed info ā€” especially in the early innings ā€” that I never get from The KNBR crew. Sometimes it’s about a particular player’s history & background, sometimes it’s their current stats or trends, or getting a general sense of how the opposition perceive us. I real enjoy it.

They got Randy Johnson guesting right now … Pretty cool!

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Yes, Lisle – depending on the crew it can be enjoyable.
      The Arizona TV broadcast is brutal.
      Every other word is “Goldy”
      Just muted it before I had a stroke…

• Macdog said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Not with the opposing crews a bit cheerier more often than not lately.

19. djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Now or never?

20. Bozo said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Tied up.

21. djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Greinke is painfully slow to watch.
    Feels like one pitch every 10 minutes…

22. alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Great AB for Belt. Down 0-2 in the count and taking tough pitches from Grienke then delivers a solid single for the rib-eye!

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:06 pm

So far BB9 is having him a year. He may finally have fit into those size 15 cleats. Betcha his lady likes that.

23. djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:07 pm

What a fuckin’ laser that was…

24. gianthead said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:07 pm

The Giants are actually hitting the ball!!!

SHARKS need to keep hitting the Predators…

• gianthead said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:09 pm

This is the best I have ever seen the Sharks play in a Game 7….fingers crossed they can keep that up….

25. Bozo said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Goodbye.

26. Macdog said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Hey Joe!

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Great song…

27. djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:09 pm

I feel like Panik really needed one of those…

28. Flavor said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:11 pm

VMI numbers paying off tonight as I had hoped they would….

29. willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Yaha! I was just gonna post something mean about Panik, whose avg. is down in .240s.
    Boom!

30. Carstie Clausen said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Figured that light desert air with the low level of humiliated relatives would be the perfect tonic for some of those sagging bats. A nice Panik attack is proof positive.

31. djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Greinke looks like shit.

32. willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Loved the Hendrix version of Hey Joe, classic.

33. Bozo said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Looking for a shut down inning here.

34. James said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:30 pm

There’s your percentage, AK.

35. James said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Speaking of Lincecum, did he announce his retirement?

• willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Goldschmidt hopes not. He doesn’t look too happy trying to hit Cueto tonite.
      Report was it was down to SF, Angels and ChiSox.

36. Irish Kevin said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Damn I hope the Giants don’t have to use their bullpen!

37. Carstie Clausen said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Pitch count after 5: Greinke 89, Cueto 80. The Snakes starter faces the bottom of our order and Cueto ended his inning with Goldilox going down. Betcha big Paul hopes the Giants are the winner of the last 3 teams in on Timmy.

38. alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Shark Tank is “ROCKING”
    Do you believe in miracles?
    Well atleast to the next rd against StLouis.. Smoking the Predators 5-0

39. Carstie Clausen said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Greinke now at 104 pitches as Blanco, Cueto and Span took up another 15. Will he start the 7th? Depends on how Snakes do vs Cueto in the bottom of the 6th, i think.

40. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Greinke gets paid one million dollars per start. How often do you get to watch someone make a million dollars right in front of you in a few hours?

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:51 pm

The cast members of Big Bang Theory, I guess.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:55 pm

That Bruce Springsteen concert I went to.

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Some boxers have done it in seconds…

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Good point!

41. bassbaldy said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Hey Loo did you hear the Randy Johnson segment on the Snakes broadcast … Wow, I was impressed!! He sounds dumb as a post! For some reason, I would have never thought that.

• James said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:54 pm

I assume the reason was not his West Virginia hillbilly mien.

• bassbaldy said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:06 pm

That was probably a bit mean of me to say that. However, he was overly articulate .. could have been the medium as not everyone presents well on radio or TV.

He did say some interesting things about how the game has changed: young guys in the dugout during game checking out laptops with stats on percentages for umpires’ called ball/strike zone. Also how, in general, young players (especially pitchers) are not given time to develop at the big level like they were in the past. I remember him as a rookie with the Expos.They traded him to Seattle for Mark
        Langston .. He talked a bit about that too.

• bassbaldy said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:08 pm

“.. was NOT overly articulate ..”

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Never cared for RJ but what a career. Some of the numbers are insane.
        From 1995 -1997 his W-L was 43-6!

• James said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:33 pm

I thought I was being mean, Lisle!

42. alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2016 at 8:57 pm

One thing I never really never got with hockey players is you pound on each other for 7 games(fights,blood,heavy checks to the boards, basic Hanson Brothers on the ice)and its the only sport that does it is to show a little class and congratulate the winner with Handshakes.
    I for one would like to see a few haymakers thrown during that process for a guy you just can’t stand .. Just curious if it’s ever happened in all the years they have played..

• willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:08 pm

that is one of the coolest things in all major sports.
      Tho I have heard guys say, “I can’t believe I shook that guy’s hand.”

• bassbaldy said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:53 pm

” … a few haymakers thrown ..” Solid Gold Kat! LMAO!

43. willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Ya know I could give a rat’s ass what the pitch count is.
    Cueto just dominated Golds again with a 1-2-3 inning. I’m glad Bochy left him in as long as he’s dealing. Now get some more insurance.

• Bozo said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Agreed. Watching the Goldy one being overmatched makes me smile.

44. alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Cueto makes Goldschmidt dream about facing Timmy again!

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:20 pm

I always wanted Timmy to hit at least one homer. Never did.
      Sandy Koufax and Willie Mays both hit their first ML homers off Warren Spahn.

45. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Osich just can’t do that.

46. Macdog said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Kershaw K’s the side in 9th to finish 5-0 win over Mets, 3 H & 13 Ks.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Yeah, I was figuring with Colon vs. Kershaw, there would be no help from the Mets tonight.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Wright’s hitting .232 now. He might be done.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:32 pm

His defense sucks, too. His body is giving out.

• Macdog said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:32 pm

But Wright’s supporters/apologists point out his near .400 OBP.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:41 pm

He seems overmatched against the better pitchers, IMO.

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:42 pm

He’s overmatched against the pitching machine…

47. djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Gearrin looks like a little girl who doesn’t like her birthday present…

48. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:28 pm

With Pagan injured but not on the DL, Bochy must figure his 24 is better than anybody’s 25. If we’re carrying 13 pitchers, then there are 3 bench players healthy and ready? 3? WTF?…

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Yeah….I wonder if he rationalizes it with Bum as a very viable PH – not that he ever uses him that way…

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Bum sounds good as a PHer, until he swings himself into an oblique pull, and a 6-week DL visit. Bochy would look pretty bad if that happened…

49. willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Unless Giants break out with a crooked number here I know it’s highly unlikely, but why not leave Gearrin in?
    He faced 3 guys and nobody got the ball out of the IF.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Bochy’s big on ‘get the guy back on the horse he fell off of.’

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:38 pm

It would make too much sense.
        Nobody does it…

50. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:39 pm

If Unca Chuck were on here, I’d ask him the odds of a 1-2-3 from Casilla…

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Slim and none…and there it goes…

51. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Let’s close this sucker out. While four runs typically isn’t that big of a deal, it is when your team has been sucking like the Giants (esp with RISP). But four is the most they have scored in a while. I still think this series in Arizona might be part of the potion to cure their hitting ills.

Sharks with the big shut out and off to the Western Conference Finals, along with the Warriors. Bay Area of Greatness!

52. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:44 pm

OK, who’s up in the bullpen? Giddy up before Casilla gives this game up…

53. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:44 pm

The horse is a bucking bronco.

54. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Need a DP here, Goldy on deck is no bueno…

55. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Another triple-bypass night of Giants baseball…

56. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Walk Goldy to load ’em, and put tying run on 2nd? I might do it, to avoid a Goldy blast…

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:48 pm

I agree.

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Looks like that was the plan. I’m OK with it. I don’t get bringing in Lopez, I don’t care if he goes against a LHB. Casilla pissed off at Bochy? Hmmm. First sign of trouble in paradise in quite a while…

• Macdog said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Except Lamb homered off Casilla with two outs in the 9th a few weeks ago.

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Good call Mac, that probably sealed it for Bochy. And, maybe Casilla wanted a shot at revenge, but got pulled, and that’s why he got PO’d…

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Mac always has the facts…

57. Bozo said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Here we go.

58. Irish Kevin said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Who would be the closer if Casilla starts too really suck!!

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:53 pm

They would go committee for a while until somebody proves themself.

59. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Law? Is there a better choice? I like a lot of Strickland’s stuff, but he just makes me nervous. Brain Wilson nervous in his heyday, but on steroids.

60. willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Wow that is surprising. Casilla looked pissed.
    what happened there as they cut to commercial?

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:53 pm

I don’t like Lopez closing, and that’s what he’s doing…

61. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Ballgame!

62. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Hey, this team (and Flap Universe) needs the Giants to win a laugher.

63. Bozo said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Ballgame.

64. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Whoa Nellie, that Pen is a work in progress.
    Casilla and Bochy look like they’re going to have a post-game session in Bochy’s office…

• djloo27 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Or a wreck in progress?

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:11 pm

And we all know who will win that train wreck…

65. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Giants beat Greinke! Raise the flag, any flag!…

66. Macdog said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Yay! Finally beat that fuckin’ team and that fuckin’ pitcher.

67. willedav said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Guess Santiago ain’t doing the post game wrap.

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:58 pm

That’s your Chilton Auto Body “fit” of the game!…

68. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Still in first place!

69. sandog said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Yeah, Casilla looked pissed, but he’ll get over it. Nice move by Bochy. Should give Javy a little confidence boost as well.

70. alleykat69 said, on May 12, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Casilla should be in the doghouse after that display on the mound! Glad to see Bochy tell him “Keep your ass on the mound till Lopez gets here!”

71. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Ha! Casilla gets credit for a “hold,” the most worthless stat ever invented.

72. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Greinke has sucked, maybe the Dbacks will do an even swap Greinke for Peavy, they pay 1/2 of Greinke’s contract. What a deal !…

73. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Cueto is looking like an all-star; he’s pumping up the number to take him out of his short-term deal opt-out and into a long one…

• Paul Sorensen said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Agree, Cueto is a monster, lovin’ him as a Giant. Of course, I always think of Quatto or whatever that “thing”‘s name was in the first Total Recall….

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:16 pm

74. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:15 pm

LA Sports arena being demolished soon…

75. zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:15 pm

I can see how Casilla might have felt deceived. He got the message to pitch around Goldschmidt and then he gets taken out.

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:17 pm

I think it was more a match-up decision than anything else, Zume.

• zumiee said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Yeah, I just meant how Casilla saw it. I totally agreed with Bochy’s move.

76. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:17 pm

OKC is flyin’ high and playin’ well; they are a tough nut for the somewhat hurt and tired Dubs.

77. chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:21 pm

This related to snarkk’s 10:09:

Based on what you have seen to date, would you ink Cueto now (or at the end of the year) to a long-term deal? If so, how many years and how much coin? Cueto is set to make 21 next year, and he can opt out after next year, too. Not sure there is a long-term deal that makes more sense than the current deal, especially for the Giants. I think you would have to be looking in the 25 mil per range. Would he take 4 at 100 with an club option for a fifth (for four years of certainty at 25 mil a year)?

• snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:31 pm

the guy allegedly just turned 30 in Feb, he’s got 1471 innings on that arm coming into tonight. A 5 year deal tacked onto next season would put his last season under contract at 2022, which he would start at age 37. Too old. To his current deal, I’d tack on two years at $23MM per, with a 3rd year club option at $24MM, or buy out at $7M. If he keeps going like now this season, that’s likely not nearly long enough in this market. I hate these long term starter deals…

• chipower9 said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:37 pm

Yeah, I would be more inclined with your second option (tacking-on two with an option), and at a minor bump in $$ per year. No bueno on a five-year deal.

78. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:50 pm

Watching highlights. Greinke looks like his stuff is “up” in the zone a lot, compared to the past…

79. Paul Sorensen said, on May 12, 2016 at 10:56 pm

I’m guessing that Greinke contract is going to haunt the D-Backs. So glad G’s didn’t go all that in for him.

80. unca_chuck said, on May 12, 2016 at 11:11 pm

Switching back and forth and missed the 9th. Sounds like some fireworks between Casilla and Bochy?

Got to look at the tape, as Mike Nolan used to say . . .

Haven’t heard a peep about Bogut. Hopefully his adductor has adducted itself. The other guys are good, but none are nearly the presence down low that Bogut is . . .

81. snarkk said, on May 12, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Casilla giving it to Bochy, post-game to the press.
    We haven’t had a clubhouse problem in a while (that we know of), so this is interesting.
    Hey Casilla, suggestion: Get people out in the 9th, and Bochy won’t come get you…

• Paul Sorensen said, on May 13, 2016 at 12:07 am

Some things just make sense, don’t they… šŸ™‚

• zumiee said, on May 13, 2016 at 12:12 am

There was some kind of altercation between Romo and Dunsten in ’14 that seemed to get resolved.
      (I wonder why those two would have gotten into an altercation. Seems really odd.)
      Bochy has a firm grasp on things. He’s not going to tolerate lengthy pouting from Casiila. Casilla needs to get the butt-hurt out of his system tonight.

82. zumiee said, on May 13, 2016 at 12:17 am

Great clubhouse chemistry doesn’t mean everything is sunshine and roses all the time. It means problems get addressed, and things get worked out, ideally with mutual respect. Bochy won’t tolerate disrespect.