Jake v Jake

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 20, 2016

Arrieta vs Peavy tonight. Jesus. Well, at least Peavy pitches decent at home, he was good last time out and the Cubs hitters, frankly, are in a bit of a funk lately. None of that will help us hit Arrieta who is coming into town as the most dominant pitcher in either league right now. You could certainly argue Sale or Kershaw, hell you could pick 3 guys on our staff and I wouldn’t vehemently argue with you, but Arrieta has been flat-dominant for going on 2 years now. I have no idea how we win this game tonight but won’t be surprised if we find a way……

1. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Man, the Padres are bad. Oh yeah, I already knew that.

2. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 20, 2016 at 8:54 pm

Was Duffy injured or removed for too much pole smoking?

• zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 8:56 pm

It was done as a double switch when they brought in Suarez.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Thanks, zummie.

3. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Ump took a foul to the collarbone. Ouch.

4. Lurker John said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:13 pm

I’ve about had my fill of Peavy. There has to be a better option somewhere. Why the fuck not consider Lincecum as a starter? Because you’re waiting for this bozo to start performing?

5. Lurker John said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:15 pm

I’ve never seen so many right-down-broadway hangers as Peavy has thrown this year. 86 mph down the middle is not pitching, it’s batting practice.

• James said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:17 pm

If Suarez or [….] had taken all of Peavy’s starts, would he have an 8.21 ERA? Peavy has not been a major league pitcher this year.

6. James said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:16 pm

I love that Jon Miller actually refers to the PitchFx locations, but it would be even better if he’d call out that “as long as the strike zone is consistent” rhetoric for the utter garbage it is.

7. snarkk said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Headin into the Park; grabbing a cheaper brew at the Public House angst going in that way. I demand a comeback win!…

8. alleykat69 said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Should have known better with Fucking Peavy starting that we could pulled this rabbit out of the hat like Rocky.
    Oh well the bar I’m at is hopping with fine ladies so my hangover will feel better in the mornig! Shit I got threw this dam texy pretty good I thunk

• zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:28 pm

I don’t know, man….

• blade3colorado said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Umm . . . dunno AK. Maybe autocorrect took over. lqtm

9. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:33 pm

The Giants are making Arrieta look like a Cy Young winner.

• James said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:34 pm

lqtm

10. alleykat69 said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:38 pm

You know Z,
    Yeah it hurts the Gboys are getting their assess hammered like me!
    But the real Fucking tradgie is all my fucking great songs are being jumped on the fucking juke box!!!!’By a bunch of young rejects playing shit from another planet that sounds like space garble from fucking the movie CONTACT..,?!!

• sandog said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Now I’m intrigued. What tunes did you put on there Kat?

• alleykat69 said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Still waiting Dawg but I played Montrose Rock Candy, Space age sacarafice fuck I can’t spell,Paper Money, UFo great band Rock bottom, Doctor Doctor, Van Morrison wave length, Journey 1st album Of a Lifetime Neil Schon guitar licks infucking incredible, Skyrnard, On the Hunt!, A band called Redight King Born to Rise, The Tubes, Talk to ya later, Van Halen Jump, Panama, Head East Never give any reason, Thin Lizzy Boys are back in town , Led Zeppelin, Ted Nugent, Robin Trower, Pat Travers all bad ass songs that these fucking crest ants don’t appericiate!!!!

• sandog said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:24 pm

I’m digging the UFO and the Montrose, Kat!

• bassbaldy said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:44 pm

I liked that movie … I like space garble, but not as music …

• blade3colorado said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:45 pm

• zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:53 pm

lqtm. Space garble. Nobody coins phrases like the Kat.

• blade3colorado said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Zum, all sorts of shit is happening in that paragraph that Kat wrote.

11. djloo27 said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:49 pm

We’re about 3 feet from winning this fuckin’ game…

• blade3colorado said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:50 pm

I was hoping minimally, the wall would attack Soler.

12. blade3colorado said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Speaking of HRs . . . Loo, what do baseball fans have Reuben Berman to thank for?

13. bassbaldy said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:57 pm

If Boch insists on giving Skeevy another start maybe we should mount a petition to simply forfeit the game .. It would give the guys a well deserved day off and we could be pretty sure no one could be injured, at least not by playing ball. I mean, with Skeevy on the mound we don’t stand a chance … Spotting the opposition a 4 or 5 run handicap is total bullshit.

• bassbaldy said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Yep .. Such a tough park to hit homers in …

14. blade3colorado said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Now that was a “no doubter,” even Bondesque!

15. James said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:58 pm

The Cubs just added another 200 feet to their lead.

• blade3colorado said, on May 20, 2016 at 9:58 pm

at least

16. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Pads are making a little noise.

17. snarkk said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Kontos needs more rehab…

18. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Kelby’s hitting .346 now.

19. willedav said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:09 pm

not that it will erase what peavy did, but Sonny Gray got his ass kicked again tonight.
    I watched 1 inning, and he gave up 2 wild pitches, walk triple to 9th place hitter, yada yada. A’s D did not help him, as Crisp misplayed 2 balls in CF and Norris had a catcher interference and inability to corral the balls in the dirt. But no idea what is wrong with this guy, who has been totat stud…unlike Peavy of course.

20. alleykat69 said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Hey let’s give some Love to the Specs he’s smacking the shit out the rawhide!!

21. willedav said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Maybe I should have listened to Walter “Shaky Jake” Horton, aka “Big Walter”, another fine harp player and Chicago Blues legend from heyday of Muddy Waters.

22. bassbaldy said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Ya think Specs can play 3rd?

23. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:14 pm

When I was in my 20s, I used to play some pool at a cool place that had a great jukebox selection. The first time I ever saw a jukebox that was all CDs.

• willedav said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:34 pm

mid 70s I spent a summer staying in a hippie type hotel south of Army on Mission.
      4 bars within walking distance, some crowded some not. Me and pool playing buddy had a field day and one of them had some great jazz tunes on jukebox.
      Got lost all the time too driving around, esp trying to get to Haight where we had buddies that lived on Ashbury.

24. bassbaldy said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Hey, at least we havent hit into any DPs tonight!

25. James said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:28 pm

I’m wondering which songs Alleykat would object to on a jukebox that features UFO, Montrose, Pat Travers, Head East, etc.. I also looked up “crest ant.”

26. alleykat69 said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Well like my songs I will not fucking hear till tommorow Z, the Godamm Pool table is the same freaking scenario!
    My chances of getting on to play are worse then aPeavy win right now…….

27. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:30 pm

The 40 percenters’ combined record is now 1-10.

28. Macdog said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:32 pm

There are still jukeboxes?

• zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Apparently so. ๐Ÿ™‚

29. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:35 pm

Of course, the crappy Pads can’t hold the lead.

30. alleykat69 said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Alright now I’m gettingpissed off!!!
    I’m jumping all this BS music and gonna play Captain& Tennile Muscrate Love and clear out this joint๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ

• blade3colorado said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:41 pm

• blade3colorado said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:42 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . .

• zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:47 pm

It’s horrifying, but I couldn’t look away.

31. sandog said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:51 pm

I AM going to have to give Kat some shit about “Jump,” which is quite possibly the worst Van Halen song of all time.

• alleykat69 said, on May 20, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Woooo there Doggy,Ok you might be right.it doesn’t really matter cause I ain’t gonna hear anyway! Though I always had a boner for Vallarie Bertinelli back it the day..,Ok where am I going with that ???!!

32. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 10:59 pm

I looked it up- Tennille is 76 years old now. It doesn’t seem possible. She got divorced from The Captain two years ago. Who gets divorced at 74?

• blade3colorado said, on May 20, 2016 at 11:07 pm

I must be insane or bored out of my mind. I am watching this interview with Tennile . . . I’m finding out “The Captain” was a big asshole.

• alleykat69 said, on May 20, 2016 at 11:14 pm

Never hook up a dude with a sailor hat with a some one hot broad! Maybe if your singing “Brandy” by Orleans? Your a fine girl what a good wife you would be, but my life my lover my lady is the sea..

• zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 11:44 pm

That’s an interesting interview. Thanks. Kind of blew my mind. Certainly answers the question about the divorce.

33. alleykat69 said, on May 20, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Blade you made my night!
    No I didn’t have the cojones to play it, though it’s a shitty song to start a 6am opener at a bar!!
    Though I’m stillwaiting for songs I’ll never hear tonight and I’m skunk to skink worse then a skink might smell that Muscat lovin shit video was awesome dude, Go Rockies till the fucking G boys win again!!

34. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 11:08 pm

No way!!!!!!!!!
    Upton walk-off 2-run HR!!!!!!

• zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Jansen blows the save!

35. zumiee said, on May 20, 2016 at 11:11 pm

The baseball night ends on a great note.

36. snarkk said, on May 20, 2016 at 11:33 pm

If you have a ticket for a home Peavy start, you should automatically get free beers the entire game just for showing up…

37. alleykat69 said, on May 20, 2016 at 11:47 pm

lulz,
    Problem is Snarkk the beer will be as stale as his pitching.

38. snarkk said, on May 21, 2016 at 1:24 am

Bochy on Peavy: “he was a little off tonight”, just “missing at times”.
    Look, Boch is a HOF manager now. It’s really stupid for him to insult our intelligence with this kind of nonsense. Peavy has sucked all season except for one game. He’s horrible. Were it not for his big contract, he’d be outta here in one way or another. So, DL this guy and put anybody, anybody else in that starting role and see what happens…

39. willedav said, on May 21, 2016 at 8:14 am

Still can’t get over Sonny Gray’s line. Vs. the less than stellar Yanks LU, he couldn’t finish the 4th inning and threw 98 pitches. 3 wild pitches, 6 hits 4 walks 5 runs. ERA is 6.19, for a guy who was AS and cy young candidate last year.

Cubs are on pace to match the 116 they won 100 years ago or such. That would be really annoying to watch, unless of course SF took them out of the playoffs.
    Jenkins has a cool stat—before last night Dodgers were 8-1 with Op on the mound, 13-20 when he’s not.