Saturday!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 28, 2016

Irritating game yesterday. I’ll give Suarez some props for getting through 5 but don’t hold out any hope for this guy. He was facing a team that didn’t know him, a team that was probably a little tired from playing on the east coast the day before and can someone tell me the last time the Giants played a game at Coors Field where either team homered? I know it’s happened I just can’t remember it…..

Hopefully we get Pence and Belt back today and a pitcher who doesn’t get hurt…..

Transaction note: Chris Stratton just got the call. He sucks, it’ll be interesting to see how he does at this level.

1. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2016 at 5:02 pm

A very interesting article about the St Louis baseball culture related to what Harper said about baseball being “tired” and needing be “fun again.”

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Fun read. Button-down baseball may have seen its better days. No sense in players going all showboat, but loosening up a tad should make the game more fun for players and fans alike.

2. Flavor said, on May 28, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Noah can go fuck himself. Why the fuck do they let their BEST PITCHER retaliate on Utley? How ’bout you use a scrub? It’s like the Mets said “fuck it you can have this game.”

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Exactly. Pffft! So much for DFS this evening too. Collins an imbecile too.

3. sandog said, on May 28, 2016 at 5:39 pm

I’ve been getting my skink on today in the big city, so I missed the game. Glad to see Buster go off. Also loved seeing a Floyd Youmans reference and props to G-Head for giving Mark Jackson some love. I think most of you are way too hard on the guy. I liked him as a point guard in his St. John’s days and told anyone who would listen back then that he would have a solid NBA career. I would have been fine with the Kings bringing him on as coach, but the Joerger hire seems real solid. I loved me some Lou Carneseca too.
    Just the other day, several on here were ready to hand Osich the closer job on a silver platter. Having second thoughts??? And I still love me some Strickland.
    Let’s go SuperSonics!! Close this thing out and make Slick Watts and Freddie Brown proud!
    And what the hell did Chris Heston do to get screwed over like this???? Pisses me off big time.

• Flavor said, on May 28, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Heston just pitched, they could still call him up to take the turn.

4. Flavor said, on May 28, 2016 at 5:41 pm

this argument I’m hearing of “he threw at him, he has to get tossed” is total fucking bullshit. Noah could easily hit a dude in the batters box if he wanted to. There was obviously intent there but he was not trying to hit him.

5. zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Utley’s a weird dude. Never smiles. Has the blank stare of a sociopath. I’ve never seen him talk to a Dodger teammate on TV. They high-five him, and then quickly walk away.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:06 pm

I’ve never bought into his Mr. Intensity act. Lots of players are intense without having an act. It’s like fake hustle. Fake intensity.

• Lurker John said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Old school.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Fake old school, IMO.

6. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Actually, Seattle and the Supersonics (and their long-time fans) got royally screwed by the NBA and OKC ownership when they just packed up and left after holding the city hostage in an attempt to leverage ridiculous arena demands. So please don’t reference the Seattle Supersonics when discussing OKC, they have nothing to do with each other.. The Sonics name and its history are still intact. Hopefully Seattle will land an expansion franchise at some point so the Sonics can make their return.

• sandog said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:15 pm

I hear you LJ. I actually feel badly for Seattle and usually root against the Thunder for that reason. But my dislike for the Warriors trumps my dislike for the Thunder. Kind of like a flush trumps a straight.

• Macdog said, on May 28, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I bet Philly wouldn’t mind having the Warriors back right now.

7. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Watching the Warriors game tonight. Already worth it . . . love this intermission shit with the cheerleaders. lulz.

8. zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:18 pm

45,000 Mets fans paid money, took the trouble to get there, and then watched Syndergaard get thrown out in the third inning. Wow.

9. zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:20 pm

And Kershaw vs. Colon is no game tomorrow.

10. Flavor said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Mets give away a game today for who for what? And Utley just hit his second bomb of the game, this one a grand slam. Who’s having the last laugh in NY tonight?

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:46 pm

If Utley could actually laugh and experience normal human emotion.

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Mets did not earn the sobriquet of Mutts for nothin. Of course these days their ownership clan, the Wilpons were deep in bed with the 21st Century’s premiere rip-off con artist, Bernard Madoff. An old Russian proverb holds that the fish rots from the head back. Maybe that explains something of the messes they can make.

11. pawliekokonuts said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:30 pm

I had to go out. Caught a score of 5-4 Colorado. Relieved to see we won. I was hoping the Mets would help us out. Not tonight.

12. Carstie Clausen said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Buster just today passed up Belt for #2 in team RBI totals. Six Ribeyes will take you from a miserable 18 to a modestly respectable 24 in two swings of the lumber. Still would like to see Duffy and Belt switch slots in the order as the Duffster seems to be the better RBI man while Belt’s .414 OBP belongs in one of the first three slots.

13. zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Gillaspie does the Utley schtick, and I don’t like it. It’s probably annoying to his teammates. Ease up the game-face, Gillaspie. You’re not Ty Cobb.

14. James said, on May 28, 2016 at 6:58 pm

I don’t know shit about basketball, but it really seems pretty simple to me when it comes to the Warriors right now: you shoot poorly, you lose. The defense and all that other crap wouldn’t mean a thing if they were hitting their shots. I don’t see anything special that OKC is doing on defense.

Or maybe it’s the clubhouse chemistry this year (do they have clubhouses in basketball?) Maybe David Lee was more important than we thought. 🙂

15. wilcojoe said, on May 28, 2016 at 7:33 pm

I just got home and read Flav and Blade’s post above about Thor. I was killing it in two tourney’s where I had Noah. Are you fucking kidding me? I am so fucking pissed right now. I was hoping he had gotten hurt, at least I could have live with that.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Yeah, irritated now (I wasn’t earlier, as my LUs were going nowhere . . . Now, I’m making some noise and points lost by Thor will probably be the difference between in and out of the money).

16. Macdog said, on May 28, 2016 at 8:39 pm

What a gag job by the Thunder, they must have four straight turnovers here in the last minute.

17. Macdog said, on May 28, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Make it five.

18. gianthead said, on May 28, 2016 at 8:45 pm

All I can say is WOW! WE BELIEVE IN DUB POWER!!!!

19. Flavor said, on May 28, 2016 at 8:45 pm

that was….incredible.

20. James said, on May 28, 2016 at 8:48 pm

I haven’t frightened the cat like that in a long while.

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Good one James. Still laughing.

21. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Klay was on fire and they went away from him late in the 3rd. Luckily they came back to him. I was screaming to get the ball to aKlay all4th. Iggy’s defense was stellar.

22. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2016 at 9:06 pm

WTF happened n the NY/LA game?

• blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Chuck, it seems that Collins instructed Thor to throw at Utley as revenge for Utley putting Tejada on the DL during the playoffs last season. Imbecile move in the opinion of most Flappers, especially DFS players. lulz.

23. blade3colorado said, on May 28, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Mercury describes Posey this way . . .

“Posey opted out of batting practice prior to the Giants’ 10-5 victory Saturday afternoon.

He waddled more than he walked around the clubhouse. He had so many heat pads strapped to his lower back that it looked like he was wearing a child car seat.

Posey does not have a rookie’s elasticity any longer. He’ll turn 30 next spring. It takes more behind-the-scenes maintenance to get him on the field, and keep him there.”

If this is the case, we definitely need to seriously consider his move to 1st base. We need his offense and him being exhausted or on the DL won’t help are WS aspirations.

24. snarkk said, on May 28, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbssssss!!…

25. zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 9:40 pm

Congrats to the Warriors; gutsy performance.

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Get it done in Game 7.

26. djloo27 said, on May 28, 2016 at 10:19 pm

OBD FOREVER!!!

• zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 10:36 pm

One Big Donkey?

27. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Yeah, great job by the Warriors in a ridiculous environment. They kept it close enough then slammed OKC in the 4th quarter. I saw in the box that OKC shot 13% from downtown (3 of 23), which is a horrible number. The W’s shot 47% from downtown. Warriors got killed in the paint, but killed OKC from the 3-point line. There’s your game.

28. Lurker John said, on May 28, 2016 at 10:25 pm

I was watching the Blue Jays and Red Sox this morning (good game!) and thought I heard that if necessary a ML game can be played with only 1 umpire. I think the home plate umpire had gotten clocked by a pitch and left, which is why the topic came up.

I don’t know if it’s true, but it sounds dubious.

29. zumiee said, on May 28, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Collins gets to wear that 9-1 loss to the Dodgers. A manager’s #1 job is to focus on winning the game, and he was an epic fail on that. Plus he messed up his bullpen for a few days.

30. snarkk said, on May 28, 2016 at 10:41 pm

I just saw the highlights of the Dubs/OKC.
    Klay was just insane — he swished a straight on 3 from Tulsa …