Dumbness. Greatness.

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 29, 2016

So let’s review how dumb the Mets are:

1. they decided to have their BEST pitcher be the one to retaliate against Utley.
  2. The retaliation doesn’t even hit him calling into question the validity of said retaliation.
  3. Thor AND the manager get thrown out of the game essentially giving the game to the Dodgers. How many mlb teams in contention give games away for free? Ever?
  4. Utley proceeds to dagger-stab them twice including a grand slam to seal the deal…..

And can we talk about what a pussy Thor is. “Gorgeous Thorgeous” (yes, I just called him that) didn’t even have the sack to hit him! He throws behind him like that was some great *message.* Ohhhhh, what could Thor have meant??!!?!?!?! Utley heard a whizzing air noise behind him. Big deal. A strong fart would have sent a similar message.

He shouldn’t have even been kicked out of the game in my opinion. Even if the umpires warned them before the game, he clearly wasn’t throwing at him. He was throwing a lame-ass “message pitch”. If he wanted to hit him I would like to think that THE WORST he woulda done is graze him if Utley managed to lurch out of the way. But he missed him by a mile and Utley barely flinched. Look, mlb pitching studs don’t miss the mark by that much, ESPECIALLY if they have the target of a free-standing human.

Enough about the lame Mets. I’m still basking in the most golden of basks. There are people chirping on twitter about the Thunder choking. Please. Such an idiotic take. They might not have the will of a champion but that wasn’t choking. That was having the unfortunate luck of being on the same court when true champions decide to go to work and enact their will upon you. Klay. Bogut. Draymond. Steph. This team has humbled me. I can’t believe I’m part of their species……

1. Lurker John said, on May 29, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Kershaw’s WHIP: .65. That’s just sick.

2. zumiee said, on May 29, 2016 at 8:21 pm

In a tribute to the Rockies ballpark, the lovely Jesse Sykes sings “The Air Is Thin.”

• Flavor said, on May 29, 2016 at 8:36 pm

never heard of her. that wasn’t half bad.

• zumiee said, on May 29, 2016 at 8:43 pm

I saw her and her band perform at The Independent, in SF. Great show.

• Flavor said, on May 29, 2016 at 8:49 pm

i saw Sophie B Hawkins perform at Slims in ’89. Surprisingly very good.

• zumiee said, on May 29, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I haven’t been to Slim’s in a while. There was a time when I saw several shows there. Even had dinner there, and it was very good. Grilled salmon, with rice, and a vegetable. One of my favorite meals.

• snarkk said, on May 29, 2016 at 9:33 pm

I saw Van Morrison at the Great Am Music Hall and then again at the Berkeley Comm Theater in the ’80s, both great shows. Saw Buddy Guy in a club in Houston in the mid ’90s — greatest club show I’ve ever seen. Epic. Saw Dizzy Gillespie and his cheeks at Kimball’s East sometime in the early 90’s, too, great show — I think he passed about a year later…

3. Flavor said, on May 29, 2016 at 8:51 pm

and this is just the team, lulz
    Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff 20m20 minutes ago
    @timkawakami Warriors jacked up Finals tickets for everyone. My regular season ticket face value $105, WCF $350, NBA Finals are $900.

4. djloo27 said, on May 29, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Flavor: If you catch the replay of Puig’s missed catch on Granderson before, you’ll be happy to see that he literally lands on a lonely hot dog wrapper…

• Flavor said, on May 29, 2016 at 8:58 pm

good. Now let’s see some of them scattered and flying around home plate. That’s the shit I like.

5. Flavor said, on May 29, 2016 at 8:57 pm

if any of you want to hear the best nba play by play guy do his thing, here’s the last 5 min of last night’s game

• zumiee said, on May 29, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Better than Grant Napear? Kidding.
      Roye is awesome.

• snarkk said, on May 29, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Great calls.
      That shot by Klay from the right wing from about 27′ after Iggy stripped Westbrook was unreal. He barely gathered in the pass, and then went up for the jumper tied 101-101, and his make pushed it to 104-101. That was a shot for the ages…

6. Macdog said, on May 29, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Cueto and Smardj both 1-0 at Coors this season. That alone might be worth those big contracts.

7. snarkk said, on May 29, 2016 at 10:56 pm

Unreal how many of these national talking heads on radio are against the Dubs, ragging on Curry for unknown or idiotic reasons — like he brings his kid to pressers. I hope the Dubs blast the OKC tomorrow night. If they do, they will issue a beat down to Cleveland, which is not as good as OKC…

• unca_chuck said, on May 29, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Like the Giants/Rangers World Series and all the shit Timmy got.

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:18 am

Well, that guy I detest, Stephen A. (he drops the Smith as if everyone should know who he is) said that both Westbrook and Durant “FLAT OUT CHOKED” . . . Said it not once but twice in an on-air interview, also saying, “they came up small on the biggest stage.” I was laughing at that one, i.e., I don’t think the Thunder have as many options as the Warriors do. Who’s their 3rd option? Serge Ibaka? Give me a break . . . Maybe a couple of years ago.

In any event, I just think that the Thunder has Westbrook and Durant, then the options are thin and none. Choke is a very strong word and in my mind, I didn’t see that. What I did see was complete exhaustion by both of them, as they have been averaging 42 minutes or more per game in these playoffs. Consequently, they made many mistakes in the last few minutes.

8. Paul Sorensen said, on May 29, 2016 at 11:21 pm