There is A LOT Going on Today

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 30, 2016

The Giants open up a series in Atlanta in a couple of hours and thankfully their game will long be over when the “bigger” games get started in the Bay Area later this evening. At 5pm the Sharks kick off Game 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. While I won’t be watching it, I recognize how cool that is for hockey fans around here. One hour later and 37 miles to the north, Our Beloved Dubs fire up Game 7 of the WCF. Uh, yeah I’ll be watching that one.

Honestly gonna have  some trouble gearing up for the Giants game at 10am. I can’t watch sports all day lol. I’m watching the morning local news and they just announced that the Sharks were “huge favorites” to win the Stanley Cup. I’m not going to look that up but that’s incorrect right? Would it be that hard for KTVU to look up the odds before fake-reporting it?

Anyway, whatever you do to honor and enjoy Memorial Day I hope you do it well. Two Flaps up to all those who died serving and protecting our country and our way of life……..

1. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:33 am

Great post, BF; people can also fit in the Dodgers/Cubs game at 2:00 Pacific Time, if they want to. It’s on the cable TV network WGN.

• Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:51 am

thinking that Hammel handles them today. Finished last night in extras then a quick turnaround today in Chicago. Typically I only watch Dodgers games if I have nothing else to do so I’m unlikely today.

• Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:53 am

also just read the Giants didn’t arrive till 1am so with this quick turn around plus the climate change I’m betting our bats are pretty silent today even against this below average pitcher.

2. Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:13 am

on a side note, this might be the wildest last-name battle in the history of baseball. I can’t spell either of these dudes last names without cutting and pasting.
    SamardzijaFoltynewicz
    That just looks like nonsense right?

• zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:33 am

Together, the names sound like a Russian women’s tennis player.

• zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:40 am

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 30, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Would make perfect sense in Warsaw. When i first encountered the name Zbigniew Brzezinski, though, i thought a monkey had gotten loose on a typewriter.

3. Macdog said, on May 30, 2016 at 9:00 am

Loo might be able to explain it, but apparently Rule No. 1 when watching the Penguins: You’ll quickly learn to hate Sidney Crosby.

4. Macdog said, on May 30, 2016 at 10:12 am

Giants are MLB.tv free game today.

5. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 10:29 am

Having a team fly halfway across the country, lose two hours of time, get in town in the middle of the night, and then play an early game is flat ridiculous…

• Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:02 am

yeah, this wasn’t too hard to see coming, even against a shitty team like the Braves.

6. Macdog said, on May 30, 2016 at 10:29 am

Bible Belt!

7. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:02 am

Mallex Smith, seriously?

8. Macdog said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:03 am

Bumble Belt.

9. Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:03 am

I expected the bats to be silent. A little disappointed in Smarge that he chose to stay with the team and go charter flight rather than take a commercial flight to get in earlier. To me, that’s a little irresponsible on his part.

10. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:04 am

Smarge was given the option of flying in early and he declined. Bad decision.

• zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:05 am

BF was ahead of me on that.

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:11 am

Why was he even given that option? Friggin fly ahead and be rested and ready to go. Stupid management move. Tell him to get his ass early to Atlanta, and that’s that…

• Macdog said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:21 am

Yeah, I don’t get that either.

• Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:22 am

because he can skip TSA if he flies charter. He doesn’t have to deal with his bags. All the food and booze he can drink. I agree, he shouldn’t be given the option but the Giants treat these guys like grown men and if he doesn’t want to fly with the Plebeians I suppose that’s his right…..

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:26 am

I would treat them as grown men and tell them to get their ass onto a plane in first class (of course) and get to Atlanta. He can deal with a line in the Denver airport. Or fly his ass on a Lear for $15K or whatever; why else should we pay $12 for a beer if not put him on a private plane? He’s making $500K per start, so WTF would you not spend a little more on that cost per start and send him early?…

• Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:35 am

I would do the same thing too. It’s just not how the Giants handle this shit. They don’t make their pitchers go ahead in situations like this. I actually don’t know if any team does. Did Alex Wood fly ahead for his start in Chicago today? For his sake, I hope he did….

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:43 am

I’ve heard in past situations where Giants pitchers fly ahead, so I dunno why this would be any different. Especially given the short time turnaround, which is insane scheduling by MLB. The Giants management should take some shit for this, but I’d be surprised if the beat writers give them any…

11. Macdog said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:06 am

If Samardj flew out there ahead as is usual, he’s got no excuse for getting raked over by the fucking awful Braves.

• Macdog said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:07 am

Ha, just saw Flav/Zum posts about Smardj. That’s not too smart.

12. Lurker John said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:15 am

These dudes are 4-21 at home.

13. James said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:23 am

The strike zone has not been “tight.” Both pitchers have gotten a few bogus outside strikes, on left handed batters as usual. Most of those outside pitches Smarge wants are not even close.

The hits that started the 3 run inning were both off of well located inside pitches, FWIW. The Beckham single was on a pitch at the knees. The Braves have been so shitty for so long this season, it’s inevitable that they will start winning a few at home.

14. Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:39 am

and the bottom line is, if you could avoid having to come in late for a game basically the next morning you do it. Every time. Especially if you’re the starting fucking pitcher. Quite irritated at Smarge right now. That’s putting comfort and shit-talking with you teammates over the priority of being ready for your start. He only gets 30 or so, he can party the other 335 days a year….

15. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 12:27 pm

A Stratton sighting.

16. Macdog said, on May 30, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Giants might’ve had a better chance if they had brought in the Augusta GreenJackets,

17. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 12:29 pm

93 on a fastball.

• zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 12:32 pm

2 Ks, nice debut.

18. ewisco said, on May 30, 2016 at 12:41 pm

Wouldn’t this be sweet.

19. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Understandable the Giants are having activity at the plate. They’re just waking up…

20. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Why not PRun for Posey? A double gets the guy on first home. Screw the lack of a third catcher…

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Never mind. These kind of losses under the circumstances seem almost pre-ordained for the Giants…

21. Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Kruk on the post game giving all the credit to Folty. No surprise there.

22. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 1:05 pm

At least I can enjoy Memorial day lip-smacking on the Wrap from Kuip…

23. ewisco said, on May 30, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Ah well

24. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 1:06 pm

OK, Giants gave a gift win, so time to take 3 in a row from this BS team. Stratton looked like he actually had a shot at going through their LU a couple of times. Anybody betting that Peavy will shut these dudes down tomorrow?…

• zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 1:33 pm

I agree about Stratton. His stuff looked good today.

• zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 1:35 pm

Sorry, but I have no faith in Peavy. I hope does well, but he’s such a crapshoot.

25. unca_chuck said, on May 30, 2016 at 1:42 pm

So 2 out of 4? .500 on the road works for me

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 30, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Unfortunately, that may be the best we can hope for. Pretty likely to win game 4 and it’s a crapshoot on either #2 or 3.

26. sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Hey Zum, I have another name to add to your “Joyless Player” list that includes Utley and Gillaspie……Joey Votto would fit in very nicely. I watch the Reds a fair amount (I like their announcers)and his act bugs me. Great player, intense dude, but c’mon, have some fun out there from time to time.

• zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Yeah, it bugs me when players can’t share a smile with teammates. It seems dooosh-baggy to me.
      Utley hit a grand slam, no smile for his teammates, and 15 seconds after arriving in the dugout he’s sitting by himself, with a blank stare on his face. Weird.

27. sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Duvall just hit his 10th bomb this month, which is the most in the majors.
    Just sayin’…

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 3:15 pm

I wish Duffy had 10 bombs…

28. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Fleming is doing the A’s game on ESPN. An odd situation.

• Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 2:35 pm

they can keep him.

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 2:39 pm

How much coin does Fleming make doing these ESPN gigs? $10k a game; $20K? I have no friggin clue. So, now he flies X-country to do the last 3 games in Atlanta? It must be worth it…

29. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Stratton would have one of the lowest pressure first start situations you can imagine. A dogmeat oppo with not many of the oppo’s fans in the stands. Yet, they’ll let Suarez take it, when he’s supposed to the long guy…

30. Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 4:05 pm

listening to KNBR today, a caller reminded me of Ashkon and I watched all 3 of his videos when I got home. All 3, so epic.

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:01 pm

The 2010 is my favorite. And my favorite WS win season.
      The other two were fantastic, but the “misfits” that season, something really special with that crew that won for the first time in SF history. Ashkon’s replica of Will the Thrill’s swing is right on the money…

31. sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 4:10 pm

Duvall now with # 11 this month. Amazing!

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Yeah, watching the same game SD . . . Sherpas are deflated after giving up the 5-1 lead; and especially, having a chance to come back – with no outs, runners at 2nd and 3rd, then face planting for 3 consecutive outs. This game is very similar to the “Posey” game on Saturday for the Rocks. Pfffttt.

By the by, you’re right about Votto . . . he struck out in the 1st and he had been slumping, so I thought he had good reason to have the sad sack face. However, since that inning, a bomb and a double, but still the hang dog look.

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Post Script . . .

Sherps mounted another comeback in the 9th, but to no avail. Final score? Typical Coors Field special, 11-8 loss.

• sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Did u see when he homered and was barking at Cargo while rounding the bases for acting like he had a play on the ball? Such a tool, though he did yuck it up A LIITLE in the post game handshake line. (It’s like the camera guy KNEW I had been ripping him as they stayed focused on him the whole time)
        Rocks are fun to watch. I like Story and DJ up the middle.

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 4:59 pm

No, I didn’t catch that exchange . . . But yeah, he seemed to be happier when doing the handshake line.

Yeah, Story has the inside track on ROY and in my opinion, DJ is the best defensive 2nd baseman in MLB. Also, he is one of the only Colorado players that does not have obscene home/away offensive splits (he’s fairly consistent offensively on the road too).

• sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:03 pm

I mean, it’s not like he put in the 3rd deck ( like Barry did the one game I attended at Coors). It was about 5 rows up and he was all butthurt that Cargo was ready to play a carom off the wall.

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Wow! Rockies announcers didn’t mention that (or at least I don’t recall them doing that). Like I said, I missed it, but I see a lot of players doing what Cargo did (and sometimes it works). Not once do I recall a player getting bent out of shape about it. The Denver Post is fairly observant about minutia like this (they made a big thing of the Parra and Cueto thing yesterday), so I want to see what they say about it. lulz

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:15 pm

I thought Chi, Eric or Chuck had been to Coors. I didn’t know you had been there? What did you think? Beautiful park IMO, but falling short of the phone park. I posted about it yesterday. Question – did you find the experience similar to the San Diego games, where there are quite a large contingent of Giants fans? I’ve lived here since 1997 and it’s always been that way. I think mostly because Denver is a melting pot of people from Texas, California, Chicago, and East Coast (Yankee and Boston). Just a guess, but it seems like Chicago Cubs fans lord over the place the most when the Cubs are in town, then West Coast next (Giants and Dodgers).

• Macdog said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:40 pm

I was there in ’98 vs. Giants, first game after Rockies had hosted the All-Star Game. Rockies won something like 7-0, I think Estes started.

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 9:05 pm

What did you think of the stadium Mac? Area?

32. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Cubs one-hit the Dodgers, win 2-0.

• zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 4:50 pm

The Dodgers get to face Arrieta tomorrow.

• djloo27 said, on May 30, 2016 at 4:54 pm

And the Cubs dodge Ker-fax…

• sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:00 pm

I still laugh when I think about the exchange a couple of flappers had on here one time about Koufax and Kershaw. One guy was saying that you can’t compare Kershaw to Koufax, and the other guy said yes you are right, Kershaw’s numbers are much better.

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I remember, as a kid watching Koufax pitch on the Game of the Week from the Latrine. That curve ball, well, Kershaw’s is damn good. And. I could be blithely pumping up the old days. But, if there’s been a better curve ball than Koufax’ drop, then I must have missed seeing it…

33. djloo27 said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:01 pm

So they can spend millions on their awful camo-crap hats and unis pretending that they care about vets but they can’t spend $100 bucks on a lousy patch for the great Jim Ray Hart. They should be ashamed…

• Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:03 pm

if you find me Larry Baer’s email addy I will send him this comment.

• sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Oh boy…here we go again!
      Did we ever figure out if JRH has a plaque? He should, and I bet he does, seeing as the qualifications to get a plaque seem to be that you had a pulse and wore a Giants uni for about 3 years or so.

• sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:13 pm

He does have a plaque, FYI. I just looked it up.

• djloo27 said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Yes, he has a plaque and now that he’s dead he should get the patch that he deserves at least as much as Davenport who never had a year remotely close to Hart when he was healthy. And Monte Irvin was never even a San Francisco Giant…

• djloo27 said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:21 pm

34. Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:03 pm

So, we have some dumbass block party starting tonight at 5:30. Guess who’s NOT gonna be at that? Block parties are the worst anyway. To kill some time before 6pm I’m going to try to watch hockey for an hour. My goal is to make it through 10 minutes and then see where it goes from there.

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:07 pm

We’ve got a block party going’ right now outside on the street. I’ve been shuttling in and out of the house. Pot luck with tri tip, burgers/dogs, sausages, chicken, ribs, tons of salads, margaritas, nachos, sno cones, a super wet slide jumpy house for the kids. Neighbor down the block brought a keg of Racer 5. He upgraded from Kona Longboard last year. The neighborhood’s been doing this for about a decade. It’s not bad…

• Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:09 pm

that sounds like fun. I just don’t interact with my neighbors enough to make it fun. It would be totally forced small talk and I’d rather blow my brains out than do that with the Warrior game starting at 6.

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Well, I’m grabbing at least one more Racer 5 cup, then it’s Dubs time. I may hit the brew pub for that…

• sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:15 pm

I bet that party is crawling with hot LA Hills LaCrosse Mom’s. Is it not???

35. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:21 pm

East Bay soccer moms pretty much; there may be a few LA visitors…

• sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:26 pm

LA = Los Altos. WORK with me, Snarkk.
      Fun Fact: I have a helluva time spelling Snarkk. I always want go with 2 r’s.

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:31 pm

My neighbor’s wife has a soccer mom type GF that comes up from the LA area all the time. As in SoCal. I doubt if Los Altos hottie moms would be caught dead here in the Tri Valley, unless Blackhawk or Ruby Hill…

• Flavor said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:52 pm

i have that same problem with Zummie. I mean Zumiee.

36. sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:24 pm

I’m gonna go take the dog for a run, which means I’ll hop on my dirt bike and and ride through the countryside next to my place while he chases me. No block parties where I live out in the sticks, but some nice open spaces, which ain’t bad.

37. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:38 pm

I really want the Dubs to win this damn game. Whoever wins this one will go on to beat the Cavs in 6. It would be so cool to have the Dubs beat the Cavs again, this time with “all” the Cavs healthy, including their appointed goon Delavadova from Saint Mary’s…

38. pawliekokonuts said, on May 30, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Back home: Syr-NY-NJ-Phil-Syr.
    Why does it feel manly driving a 10-foot U-Haul although it involves no muscle or masculine traits whatsoever? Thank God! I did not crash with that car in the blind spot in Binghamton.

G’night, girls.

39. James said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:00 pm

May OKC play like that national anthem performance.

40. pawliekokonuts said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:05 pm

My encounters with HS soccer or lax moms were fairly dismal; did better flirting with the coaches.

• sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:29 pm

I like it Pawlie. At least you went down swinging.

41. pawliekokonuts said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Jake Peavy just tweeted up the Dubs.

42. sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Blade: my game at Coors was around 15 years ago, but I remember it well. Loved the park. I remember it was hot as hell that day. Very few Giants fans in attendance. When Barry put that one in the third deck, I thought there would be a fair amount of applause just because he was a superstar and it was an awesome homerun but it was amazingly quiet. I remember at the time being impressed by the home fan loyalty and thinking it was so different than going to a game in San Diego. Maybe things have changed since, but that is how it was back then. Giants got theirs asses kicked that day. Mike Myers came in and they played the Halloween theme. Good stuff. My son Trevor’s first big league game, and now he’s 18.

• sandog said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:34 pm

…of course this was before the Giants won three ring and became Red Sox west when it comes to bandwagon fans.

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Yeah, much different now. I think fan fatigue has set in. What I mean is that Colorado doesn’t like losers. Broncos, Avalanche and (to a lesser extent) Nuggets have all experienced sustained winning seasons. Moreover, the fans aren’t stupid – they know ownership is cheap and won’t spend money the way the Broncos, Avalanche and Nuggets do to win. Go to the Denver Post any day of the week and at most, you will see 20-25 comments about the Rockies. SF Gate and SJ Mercury usually have a couple of hundred (if I recall correctly).

Oh, one other thing – I learned quick that once you move here (late 1997 for me), you change your license plates quick. Long time residents hate transplants, especially from Texas, then comes California (God forbid you have a Raiders emblem on your vehicle. Ha).

Why? A lot of reasons, but mostly because the cost of living has gone up. They call us “Equity Refugees,” i.e., bringing in all the money we made off of selling our houses/property in California and buying here. lulz.

• djloo27 said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Come to Brooklyn. Every piece of shit that walks the Earth is welcome.

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:55 pm

In July, I am. We’ll see how welcoming the Bronx is.

• djloo27 said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:59 pm

You know I didn’t mean you, Blade…

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Loo, I took it the way it was meant (humorous) . . . Your stuff always has me rolling on the floor. 🙂

43. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Westbrook and Durant seem to never go out of the game. Maybe 4th quarter fatigue again.

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Yeah, I mentioned this at the end of the last thread. I don’t think they choked as much in the last game, as much as they were just exhausted. They’ve both averaged over 42 minutes (maybe more) a game.

44. Paul Sorensen said, on May 30, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Steve, I also was at Coors back in ’95 (my last year in Boston, I was sort of “dating” a girl who worked in my company’s Denver office). Liked the park a lot, and of course was somewhat amazed at how the city had transformed that Lower Downtown part, as the only development around there when I had lived in Denver in the late ’70s/early ’80s was Larimer Square…

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Good point. Yeah, that was the bad part of town back then. Now, it has been gentrified and even if you don’t like baseball, LODO is the place to be for having a good time. Similar to SD’s Gas Lamp district.

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:13 pm

A friend of mine bought a 1 bedroom penthouse condo, with an elevator that opened up to his unit (not the hallway) for $100k in 2000. It had views of Coors, including right field, mountains, and city skyline (three balconies). Place sold for over $1.3 million 4 years ago. Not much compared to the bay area, but for here, that’s a lot.

45. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Klay keepin’ the Dubs in this one…

46. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Dubs down by 6 at half; they should feel lucky. Played like crap…

47. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Strong finish to the half.

48. djloo27 said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:11 pm

What a stupid, convoluted analysis from the guy next to Barkley…

49. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Nobody gives better incredulous looks on their face than Iguodala.

• snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Well, he got hammered and no call; these refs are terrible…

50. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Dubs basically have to get mugged to get a foul call…

51. blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Put a fork in the Thunder. I’ll be shocked if the Warriors lose this game.

• James said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Westbrook blows that lay up and Speights manages something even more preposterous.

• James said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:13 pm

That wasn’t in response to your comment, Blade 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on May 30, 2016 at 9:06 pm

lol. I know. 🙂

52. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Mo is either hot or cold as crap and a turnover machine…

53. James said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:00 pm

jesus f**** christ, Green!!!!

54. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Curry!!!

55. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Oracle must be going nutZ…

56. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Draymond Fing up…

57. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Curry!!!! Insane!!!

58. Lurker John said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Green will age you before your time. Hands of stone.

59. Lurker John said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:26 pm

I have no idea how the Warriors won this series. Unbelievable. Bring on the Cavs.

60. Lurker John said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:29 pm

This will kill fucking Barkley. Just kill him, after his big proclamation the other day that the Thunder would not only win the series but were better than the W’s

• James said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:31 pm

I’m waiting for the defiant Cavs over W’s prediction.

61. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Dubs back to the finals! Gotta love this squad. What guts, what balls. Awesome…

62. Lurker John said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:32 pm

They should make Barkley present the trophy.

• James said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:34 pm

LOL!

63. Lurker John said, on May 30, 2016 at 8:42 pm

It’s cool how Barry is in the background listening intently while Steph is being interviewed. He follows the team closely and will always be the star of that great ’75 team that pulled a rabbit out of its hat and stunned the NBA by winning the title over the heavily favored Bullets.

For a basketball-crazy kid, it was the ultimate high watching my favorite team have that magical season. The first title any of my favorite teams ever won.

64. James said, on May 30, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Maybe it’s being talked about elsewhere and it’s already a commonplace, but the obvious never seems to be acknowledged by the talking heads: OKC is not a “more talented” team, simply because they can’t shoot as well as the W’s. It is totally fucking awesome to see the W’s excellent long range gunning continue to redefine winning basketball.

• willedav said, on May 30, 2016 at 10:06 pm

100% true. Look at shooting pcts of their Big 2, at home in games 5 and 6.
      Durant in game 1 was 10-30 too.
      3 pt difference just laughable.

65. snarkk said, on May 30, 2016 at 9:19 pm

I did not understand the OKC lack of continued fouling when they got back close after Ibaka fouled Steph on that 3. It looked like they just gave up, or waited for the ball to go to somebody other than Steph. Weird. BTW, that was a monumentally stoopid foul by Ibaka, and it WAS a foul…

• James said, on May 30, 2016 at 9:22 pm

I almost felt sorry for Ibaka on that.

66. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Congrats to the Warriors; awesome comeback in the series.

67. zumiee said, on May 30, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Romo could be back later in the week. He was missed.

• James said, on May 30, 2016 at 9:50 pm

A player whose accomplishments may be appreciated more once he retires. A good chance he hangs them up after a very nice 10-year career solely with SF.

• djloo27 said, on May 30, 2016 at 10:03 pm

I think you said he is the greatest reliever in Giant history and you were right…

• James said, on May 30, 2016 at 10:14 pm

I somehow forgot about the As stint, but I was happy to see that in the B-Ref “similarity scores,” Romo compares most closely to Bob Locker, another uncommonly consistent reliever.

• djloo27 said, on May 30, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Locker relieved Tommy John in the first game I ever attended.
        We were both rookies…

68. willedav said, on May 30, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Not sure why Donovan took Adams out and tried to match small LUs with Golden State. Roberson and Waiters?

In the famous words of Rocket J Squirrel, “But that trick never works.”

It won’t work for LeCoach either if his team tries to match 3s with Warriors.’

Yeah Green in one stretch dropped a sure layup off nice pass from Curry, blew uncontested layup off behind back pass from Livingston, then dropped ball and fell on the floor and almost lost another one.
    Then he nails a 3 and grabs tough boards. Drives you crazy but seems to come out on top, which I’m sure only adds heat to the haters.

Warriors right now are just a better/deeper team, with different guys that step up at different times. Even Varejao had great couple minute stretch, takes a charge great pass for corner 3 from Barnes and then finishes a drive himself. Kerr trusts him, gives him a shot and he comes through.

That dribble around the court and dagger 3 play from Curry tho was flat awesome.

OK Braves got one, now back to reality. I don’t buy the fatigue factor either; Giants were coming off team high after rolling the Rocks a couple times and blasting 33 hits in 2 games and had one of the aces going. Should have beaten Braves on adrenaline (or drug of choice) alone.

• Lurker John said, on May 30, 2016 at 10:58 pm

I was thinking after Curry did the fun around/dagger play that he must’ve driven the other kids nuts at every level he played with moves like that. The energizer bunny who can shoot 37 foot jimmy’s. Amazing.

69. Lurker John said, on May 30, 2016 at 10:55 pm

Zum, I’m stoked Romo is coming back too. That 7th & 8th inning reliever slot is in desperate need of an upgrade and I think Romo will provide that. He’s a crafty vet who knows how to get guys out under pressure. Looking forward to his return.

70. Lurker John said, on May 30, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Charles Barkley looked flat out disappointed during the post game show. I just know it’s eating him up inside. Kenny Smith had to jab him in the fucking ribs to get him to admit HE’S PICKING THE CAVS TO WIN IT ALL. What a goddamn shocker!

Fuck you Barkley. GO WARRIORS!