Must See TV

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 10, 2016

I’m not sure if you could put together a bigger sports evening if you could hand picked the events. OBD take on the Cav’s in Game 4. In light of their utter dismantling in Game 3 this now becomes an extremely interesting game.

If you somehow aren’t interested in that you can glue your attention to Giants/Dodgers and Kershaw.

It doesn’t get any better.

1. Lurker John said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Casilla is fooling nobody.

2. djloo27 said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Giants have no shot at Miller.
    Look elsewhere…

• blade3colorado said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:37 pm

I know. Wishful thinking. So, my money is on Strickland. Whoopee Doo!

3. zumiee said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:37 pm

This HAS to be the end of Casilla as closer.

4. unca_chuck said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:38 pm

They activated Romo didn’t they?

• blade3colorado said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Yes, let’s bring back the frisbee. Oy!!!!!!!!

• zumiee said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:39 pm

• djloo27 said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:40 pm

Yes, he’s now an active member of the 60 day DL…

5. blade3colorado said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Dollars to donuts, Strickland gets the job long term, after the obligatory “torture by committee” is allowed to run its course.

6. zumiee said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:39 pm

I’d go with Gearrin + committee.

7. djloo27 said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Well it wasn’t really a “closer” appearance – ask DMD…

• sandog said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:43 pm

I told my son the other day that there has been a lot of Warrior talk on the blog and he replied by asking me if Del Mar Dennis is a Warrior fan.
      Made me happy and sad at the same time. I miss Denny.

8. sandog said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Am I hearing a passive endorsement from the group to promote Strick to Closer????

• zumiee said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:41 pm

You’re hearing Anyone But Casilla.

• blade3colorado said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:43 pm

No, only me. 🙂

rabble, rabble . . . rouser, rouser.

9. Bozo said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:40 pm

If I’m Boch, I have the take signal on for all these batters. Just so there isn’t any chance of Castilla getting the win.

10. Lurker John said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:41 pm

The Giants have just missed 3 times now.

11. Lurker John said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Atta kid BB.

12. Lurker John said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:42 pm

How ’bout Blanco’s first homer of the year.

13. unca_chuck said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Fuuck! Yesssss!

14. sandog said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Helluva an AB there by Gregor…..and I had no problem that he was swinging for the water

15. blade3colorado said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Blind ump

16. blade3colorado said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Pfffttt!

17. Lurker John said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Shit. Take the next 2. We need ’em.

18. unca_chuck said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Blehhhhh

19. snarkk said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:53 pm

How ’bout them Dubs?!!!!

20. Bozo said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Good, hang the loss on Casilla..

21. zumiee said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Well, I’ll stick with my first thought: just get at least one win in this series, and it’s all good.

22. willedav said, on June 10, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Good ballgame. Giants battled back and SF made Jansen strain in the 9th too.
    Opie’s the best they’ve got and Cueto battled him dead even.
    For all the numbers Op has vs. SF it’s not like rest of the league slaps him around…at least in reg season.
    Cueto was lights out after the first.

• zumiee said, on June 10, 2016 at 10:01 pm

If we had their closer we’d be leading the division by 10 games.

23. sandog said, on June 10, 2016 at 10:00 pm

LA’s got a shitload of talent on that team. I think we got our hands full with these guys every time we face them. I’d settle for splitting these next two as well.

24. Lurker John said, on June 10, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Tough loss. I thought Crawford’s ball was going and it just missed. Cueto is a joy to watch, very entertaining and he always seems to a step ahead of the hitters. He is the real deal.

25. Lurker John said, on June 10, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Harrison Barnes is quietly having a very good series. I’ve been critical of him in the past, but he’s working his ass off on the glass and hitting some big buckets. His +/- is in the plus almost every game. He’s arguably been the team’s best player in this series.

The Dubs once again responded like the champs that they are and I’m proud of ’em. I try to avoid criticizing the officiating, but I saw so many uncalled hacks tonight that it has to be said. At the end on the inbounds play, James cleary grabbed Curry twice with no call. It was blatant. Curry’s been getting the crap beat out of him in this series with very few free throws to show for it. I have no idea why that is.

Anyway, great bounce-back and it’d be great for the W’s to win it on their home floor.

• snarkk said, on June 10, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Agree about Curry LJ.
      The mossback players that argue Curry isn’t being defended are FOS in the playoffs. Curry has gotten the hell beat out of him away from the ball. LeBron was basically mugging the kid all the time. I loved it when Curry stared him down after a particularly egregious foul. And Draymond walked away from LeBron after LeBron threw him to the floor right in front of the ref — no call. LeBron was baiting him to get a technical, I’m sure of it. Drayman walked away, but I’m sure he wanted to go with him right then and there. Dubs had the last laugh. Gonna have to check on “Vern”, the guy from Cleveland that’s BF’s whipping boy. He must be on suicide watch…

26. Paul Sorensen said, on June 10, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Cannot realistically question Bochy about much, he’s been Yoda for this team. Yet, every now and then, something happens that makes you wonder. I doubt there’s a single Flapper in all of Flap Universe that would’ve brought Casilla in at that point of the game. If he had gotten the job done, Bochy would wear his Yoda hat proudly. But it has seemed pretty evident of late that Casilla is NOT the guy for those situations at this time. Not gonna say “anymore”, because maybe there’s something wrong, blister, etc., which usually comes to light weeks after the suckitude. Casilla has been a trooper for this team. Just .. not…. getting it done right now…. Take a break from him, Brucie. Strickland, Guerrin… couldn’t do any worse, and might just right the bullpen’s shaky ship.

• zumiee said, on June 10, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Well said.

• blade3colorado said, on June 11, 2016 at 8:52 am

Good post Paul 🙂

27. mrsprtdude said, on June 10, 2016 at 11:28 pm

Great win for the Warriors. Refs were awful. Announcers going on on and on re varijo (sp?) flopping when clearly pushed. Idiot Van Gundy wouldn’t let it go even after their own “expert ex ref” guy says it was a foul on Love. Lame

28. snarkk said, on June 10, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Refs were bad on both sides, but horrendous in letting Cavs get away with football like play in a basketball game…

• zumiee said, on June 10, 2016 at 11:39 pm

I just watched the second half. Seemed like the refs swallowed their whistles in the 4th quarter.

• zumiee said, on June 10, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Irving and James were trying to force things too much on offense. They became a two-man team at the end, and that was a disaster for them. Warriors really brought the intensity tonight.

29. snarkk said, on June 11, 2016 at 12:05 am

Dubs have to get up for one last game Monday night. Win it, and they win a lasting legend for themselves. A win gives them a great finish to one of the best seasons in modern US sports history, and two of the best back to back seasons in North American sports history…

30. unca_chuck said, on June 11, 2016 at 12:18 am

7 points in the 1st half for Bron? He could have taken 8 more shots and that would have given Cleve about 14 more points. He passed too much early.

Lost respect for Bron Bron and his chickenshit crap with Steph. Sure, fuck with Green, but Steph?

Van Gundy should be canned for being such a homer for the Cavs. Even Jackson was awed at how stupid Van Gundy sounded most of the night.

Didn’t see this!

31. unca_chuck said, on June 11, 2016 at 12:21 am

Check out the 3rd video. You were right, Flav. Some crazy Cleve fan ran onto the court.

• wilcojoe said, on June 11, 2016 at 7:04 am

Is that Frank the Tank? “We’re going streaking!”