Home Run Derby: Just Say No

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 13, 2016

Great game last night. The theme for that series started and ended with the word “battle.” So close to sweeping those be-atches…

Ok, now to a topic that doesn’t seem to want to go away: Bumgarner in the home run derby. I haven’t worried much about this since I didn’t think there was a chance Bochy would ever let it happen. But there seems to be a swell of support for this gimmicky idea and I want to know what you guys think about it.

My take: I’m 100% against it. I don’t want any non-baseball related activity to ever possibly injure one of our star players. For instance, I want Hunter Pence to screw his fiance much more gently during his DL stint so he doesn’t injure his remaining hamstring. Make love, Reverend! No hard fuckin’ till after you get back on the field…..

I get it, that’s pretty cautious. But I care more about the Giants overall performance than some dumb ass exhibition. Ask Apollo Creed what he thinks about exhibitions. Oh, I’m sorry, you can’t. He’s fucking dead!

Having your pitcher win the home run derby is something a dopey city like Cleveland should celebrate. If your city doesn’t get to celebrate actual championships those are the things you spend your time getting jazzed about.

But not here. Not this area. We are about flags flying forever.

Not dumbass exhibitions where our star player could easily screw up a lat swinging as hard as he can for 45 minutes…..

1. Bozo said, on June 13, 2016 at 6:13 am

Historically, the AS game and pre-AS parties (shout out to #55) haven’t been kind to our staff, so I’d vote no. Hell, I don’t even want him to pitch in the game, none of our pitchers for that matter.

Congrats to Jake for his 150th win, I saw a picture of him and Jerry Jeff Walker together after the game, talk about partying…

• chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:33 am

Jerry Jeff was at the game last night? Viva Terlingua!

2. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 6:40 am

I don’t like the HR Derby idea. It needs to go away.

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 6:43 am

It’s too bad Bum doesn’t take the injury threat of it seriously.
      I couldn’t care less how many HRs he’d hit in an HR Derby. The landscape is littered with players who became worse players after participating in it.

3. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 6:47 am

Pederson had a nice HR yesterday, but his career has gone downhill since participating in last year’s HR Derby, He’ll not be sniffing an All-Star game this year.

4. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:02 am

In theory it sounds fun and cool for a pitcher to do this. But, fuck to the no. Players get fucked over doing it. No way in hell I’d let bummie do it.

5. gianthead said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:13 am

Moment I heard about the idea I thought it may be the worst idea I’ve ever heard ever proposed. Worse than the idea if Donald Trump running for president.

And I’m not being sexist but think it was that Kate Fagen in Around the Horn who, in supporting the idea of Bum participating, actually made the comment asking when has anybody ever gotten hurt in the home run derby. That may be the most asinine thing I have ever heard on tv, more asinine than hearing Donald Trump was running for president.

Ahhh Kate, how many people have not been the same in the second half of the season after participating in the Derby??? And since there has never been a pitcher involved, how does she or anyone else know if a pitcher could get hurt.

Now with all that said, if they want to trot Kershaw, Arieta, Wainwright and any other all-star pitcher with Bum out there and say hey you each get five swings and whomever has the most, wins the pitcher competition. I can live with that…I think 5 swings is something they do all the time any way and I think the possibility of injury would be minimal…

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:27 am

I could get behind that idea.

• chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:36 am

It only takes ONE swing to sustain an injury. I say no way in hell to ANY participation. I am with Clown…I don’t even want to see him (or any of our pitchers) pitch in the game.

6. willedav said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:25 am

Giants have an extended run coming up vs. mostly under .500 teams. After these 3 with Brewers and a day off, they play 20 days straight.
    Opponents are Tampa and Pirates on road, Phils and A’s at home, road vs. A’s and DBax, home vs. Rox.

Seems like a good time for bats to wake up. Lot of guys underperforming at plate and batting in .250s; only Belt and Crawford are holding up their ends among regulars.

Winning these type of games when offense isn’t going well but gets picked up by pitching and D is good sign.

All the gushing over the kid and his .6-something ERA bothered me a lot more than the promo stuff over SF and the yard. It’s like Peavy wasn’t even there mowing down Dodgers LU. Besides, politically seems most of country views SF like it’s a combo of Moscow and Gomorrah.

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:35 am

Yeah, after the big emotional series vs. the Dodgers, it’s important that the Giants don’t look past the Brewers, and lay an egg this series. At least take 2 of 3. Cain returning tonight should help rev up the team tonight.

• pawliekokonuts said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:05 am

Brewers playing better…or maybe it was the Mets playing lousy.

7. sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:53 am

I find the Home Run Derby to be a colossal bore and I never watch it. If Bum were in it, I would watch it. Hell, I might even try to attend, since it is here in SD. I like the idea, but it isn’t something I care about deeply.

8. pawliekokonuts said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:03 am

Great post. Not sure what I think. I’m on the fence. Can you pull a hamstring during amorous activity? Most assuredly yes. Carry on. (Timmy looks smaller in a Salt Lake City uniform.)

9. pawliekokonuts said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:06 am

Atlee Hammaker was never the same after his ASG debacle. I resented Whitey Herzog for leaving out there so long.

10. willedav said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:13 am

Giants D is becoming very stellar and important part of make up of the team. Craw is a monster at SS along with Belt at 1b, and Panik and Duffy very capable fielders. Duffy has made great snags on foul pops including yesterday.
    Posey remains at top of game as a C, Span snags most everything and even Mac (whose days are likely numbered with Wed return of Pagan) got into the act in LF. No small part of why Giants are on top and a big part of winning the torture games.

Speaking of AS, Giants should have at least 4 (Crawford Posey Bum Cueto) with maybe Belt sneaking in there too. I don’t usually watch it anymore but nice to see recognition coming due.
    And yeah, very cool of ESPN to note all those flags out there as opposed to what Dodgers have done lately.

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:19 am

Good points, but I’m not sure Mac goes down. I’m thinking Parker is more on the bubble. Giants have a shortage of RHs already.

• chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:51 am

I will be surprised if Parker goes down before Mac. They both have pop (LH or RH, notwithstanding), and I think Parker is a much better in the field.

11. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:22 am

Rick Rueshel got hammered in his AS game appearance, Hammaker, I think Schmidt got tagged. Timmy got fucked up out of his mind. Point being, Giants pitchers don’t fare that well in All Star games. Don’t tempt fate by letting Bummie take 80 swings in 4 rounds of the dumb-ass derby.

• sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:14 am

Stu Miller got blown off the mound….
      Fun Fact: I was at the game where Reuschel got taken deep by Bo Jackson leading off.

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:16 am

really? That was quite a moment.

12. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:23 am

I would have watched Bonds had he participated here.

• bassbaldy said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:58 am

I love the fact that Bonds hated the HR derby and was shitty at it. Proves to me what an authentic genius hitter he was; an artist in the truest sense.

Ive known genius musicians that couldnt play anything ‘straight’, genius painters that wouldnt be able to paint your bathroom if their life depended on it.

13. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:32 am

Looks like we missed a good Brewers starting pitcher who pitched yesterday.

14. snarkk said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:32 am

This HR Derby is meaningless, I don’t give a rat’s ass about it.
    The fact that Bum does to some extent, apparently seriously, seems more than a bit weird.
    No way your Ace participates in this…

15. James said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:45 am

I’d rather Bum participate in the HR Derby than have him handle frozen hamburger patties.

• Bozo said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:16 am

Especially if Affeldt is in the room.

16. Flavor said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:15 am

saw this on twitter: today in 1973 the quartet of Garvey, Cey, Lopes and Russell made their first start together of what would turn out to be an 8 and 1/2 year run together. I hated each and every one of those fucks, equally.

• sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:20 am

I would say my hierarchy of hatred went Garvey, Lopes, Cey, Russell, but yes, I detested all of them.

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:23 am

yeah, Russell was just kinda *there*. If I had to hate one the most though it would be Cey.

• bassbaldy said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:31 am

I think I may have mentioned this before .. my first wife’s parents were friends with Ron Cey’s parents .. my then mother in law was from Tacoma, WA, lived in Vancouver, BC. I never met Ron but was around a lot of talk about him.

• chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:53 am

I am with SanDiggity – I hated all of those fuckers, but especially Garvey.

17. sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:19 am

I’m enjoying watching Parker and Mac both try to become legit players. I think they both have a higher ceiling than Crazy Horse at this point. They have also both tasted a bit of success and I would like to see them have a chance to build on that. It wouldn’t bother me at all if Pagan needed a couple of more weeks to heal.

18. Flavor said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:20 am

All star games, MVPs, gold gloves, first teams, second teams…all that shit used to mean something to me. before 2010. Since then, not so much……

19. Macdog said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:39 am

Does Petco have one of those miniature whiffle ball fields like at AT&T? Maybe MadBum can do something there. Otherwise: No Effin’ Way.

• sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:59 am

It does!

20. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:57 am

The mind boggles at the thought of Affeldt and Cain hosting a BBQ together. Murphy’s Law unleashed in full force!

21. Macdog said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:27 am

I see that the A’s are at home tonight and that Green will be there in a suite watching the Warriors game. If the A’s were smart, they’d put the Warriors game on the giant video screen and keep it on during their own game, and maybe they’d finally pack the place.

22. chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:31 am

Good thread, Flavor. I hope Pence heeds your suggestion re: making love vs. a hard fuck. lulz

I am absolutely with you 100%. No way in hell I want Bum out there swinging for the fences. How fucking stupid would not only Bochy, but the entire organization look if they were to let Bum participate, and he ends up out for xx weeks due to an oblique strain, etc. Fuck that.

I was busy as hell this weekend, so Friday night was my last comments. What a great series. Giants should have won Friday night, but WTF, I will take two of three from la bambinos every day, and twice on Sunday.

Brew Crew in town for three.

I was looking at the major offensive team stats. Giants and Brew are fairly close. Giants only slightly better on BA, but Brewers are slightly better with OBP, SLG, and OPS.

Pitching is the difference. Brewer’s team ERA is almost a full run worse than Giants, and WHIP is higher, too.

Let’s put a beat-down on these fuckers.

23. chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:20 am

Is it just a coincidence that Cain gets the start tonight on the two year anniversary of him tossing the first perfect game in club history???

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:43 am

That’s a pretty wild coincidence.

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:44 am

But, yes, a coincidence. 🙂

• djloo27 said, on June 13, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Wasn’t it 2012?

• chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 3:15 pm

DOH! Yep…not sure how the hell I got TWO! But it was on June 13th…that is for damned sure.

24. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:29 am

A letdown may be inevitable. Cainer getting Cained . . .

25. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:42 am

The Giants are reportedly kicking the Ryan Braun tires just a little bit. I have mixed feelings about that.

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:46 am

Don’t have mixed feelings. It’s a terrible idea on many levels.

• James said, on June 13, 2016 at 12:04 pm

I had no idea Braun’s nickname is the “Hebrew Hammer.” Something tells me it is not widely referred to.

• Carstie Clausen said, on June 13, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Kinda cheap nickname as Hank Greenberg was “Hammering Hank” long before Henry Aaron reached puberty. So what kinda name is Greenberg? Should you hafta ask?

• chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 1:02 pm

It needs to end right there with ONLY kicking the tires, IMO. I want nothing to do with Braun…

26. chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Not sure if anything like this was shared over the weekend. If this is a duplicate, my apologies.

Here are some details on the Giants recent draft:

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Thanks; an interesting reminder of how many guys get drafted. A lot! All of them hoping to be in The Show someday. Hey, even if they don’t make it, it was a cool way to spend their early 20s in life.

• unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 2:12 pm

the Law and the Krook out of the pen?

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Great marketing possibilities! 🙂

27. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 2:10 pm

How about the Jewish Jerk-off? Works for me. . .

28. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 2:47 pm

The Giants bullpen got it done again last night; feeling like super heroes….

• Irish Kevin said, on June 13, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Nice!! 😂😂😂😂

29. Bozo said, on June 13, 2016 at 2:54 pm

MLB Trade Rumors just acquired Roster Resources which I thought had some cool info on it. Sorry if this has already been posted here.

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Chris Shaw has been doing well at Single A; a firstbaseman hitting for average and power. Could end up being an important trade chip. Although, if I were the Giants, I would be giving all kinds of guys in the minors some outfield experience. Try to turn some of these good-hitting infielders into outfielders. Arroyo should be taking some reps in the outfield, IMO.

• Carstie Clausen said, on June 13, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Conversion to an outfielder were exactly my thoughts on Shaw this morning when i was scouring through the pipeliner stats. BA, OBP and SP all high with the OPS cumulatively well over .900. Almost exactly half his hits have been of the XBH variety and his walk to strikeout splits are not bad for a guy with pretty good power. As a RHB, he wouldn’t make the ideal first baseman, even though baseball has a fair number of those. In any event the Giants have a fair to pretty not too bad 1B-man and Shaw is currently dominating in High A. I would expect him to hit The Show no later than September of next season unless he’s derailed by injuries or something such.

30. chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 3:32 pm

1. Denard Span (L) CF
    2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    3. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    4. Buster Posey (R) C
    5. Matt Duffy (R) 3B
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Jarrett Parker (L) LF
    8. Gregor Blanco (L) RF
    9. Matt Cain (R) P

• djloo27 said, on June 13, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Is Parker really in LF and Blanco in RF like it says?

• bassbaldy said, on June 13, 2016 at 4:51 pm

As always, Thx Chi!

Who else would prefer to see Craw in the 5 spot & Duff hit 6th? It would give a L/R alternation for those inclined toward such things.

31. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Carl Crawford’s release from the Dodgers became official today. They will be paying him the $34 million that remains on his contract which goes until the end of next season, depending on if someone signs him or not.
    Spoiler alert: it’s doubtful anyone will sign him.

• Flavor said, on June 13, 2016 at 5:25 pm

at this point, the Dodgers are on the hook for all of it except the yearly min if someone signs him now

32. Macdog said, on June 13, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Holy washed up! Shields 6 runs in 2 innings vs. Tigers.

33. gianthead said, on June 13, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Hopefully someone throws something at the Marlins Doof at the Dubs game…

34. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Juan Uribe took a 106 MPH bad-hop grounder to the groin yesterday. Yikes!

35. chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Spanning the atmosphere! Splash! Goodbye 69!

36. sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Span-Splash!

37. chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:25 pm

No reason to Panik!

38. snarkk said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:27 pm

They miss Draymond inside. They need to keep ball away from LeWuss, deny him the ball, overplay him

• Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:38 pm

They’ve tried that and he’s killing them going to the rim. When he’s hitting jumpers too he’s pretty hard to stop. Not having Green is really hurting them on the defensive end.

39. chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:30 pm

So, if Posey hit a double there, the first four hitters of the game would have completed “the cycle.” How often has that happened?

• chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:31 pm

And in regards to that if word, if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. But I do wonder if that has happened, and if so, how many times…

40. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Goldy and Lamb go yard against the Dodgers. Solo shots.

41. Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Cleveland 54% from the floor in the first half. Can they keep it up? So far, yes. James hitting 3’s, Irving near unstoppable.

42. pawliekokonuts said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Speaking of HR Derby, last week I watched Bob Allison vs. Willie Mays. They are awesome. Wrigley Field in LA. They gotta be on YouTube somewhere. (Dan Valenti gave me a videocassette.)

• sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Those are great. Some station, ESPN?, ran those reruns several years back.

• djloo27 said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:48 pm

I loved Allison. He died young…

• Carstie Clausen said, on June 14, 2016 at 12:18 am

Allison was the pride of Raytown, Missouri. As an usher for the Twins in a couple of their early years i had the privilege of watching him in many a game. He was the strongest RH pure pull hitter i ever witnessed. Even his fouls were memorable, with screamer after screamer slamming into the LF bleachers. Small miracle nobody got seriously hurt by one of his scorching drives.

43. bassbaldy said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Pretty nice showing by the top 3rd of the order …

44. Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Bogut looks to be done for the series.

45. sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 7:49 pm

I’m not wild about Ryan Braun either, and I know he doesn’t play half his games at ATT, but he’d be leading us in avg, hrs, and RBI with his current numbers. I’d like to see Sabean take the call if the Brewers rang us up.

• djloo27 said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:36 pm

With you all the way Sandog. Nobody likes this guy for what he did, but championships are more important.
      I’ll take him…

46. Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Cavs starting to stretch the W’s out now. Curry once again a no-sho

47. Irish Kevin said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Let’s see, suspend one big man and then the other big man gets hurt, just how the commissioner wanted it.

48. sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:07 pm

I hate to trash a fellow SDSU Aztec, but Kerwin Danley is a lousy ump.

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:11 pm

He really does suck. But a lot of them do, with their own personal strikezones.

49. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:09 pm

The ump squeezed Cain badly on the Carter AB.

50. Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Cavs, 58% from the floor, Golden State 41%.

51. sfsarge said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Howsit flap family. Reporting live and direct from section 103 and Cain is pitching his tail off and I’m missing an epic Warriors game

• Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:30 pm

It ain’t all that epic. Cavs all the way so far.

• sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:31 pm

You ain’t missing a thing, Sarge. Glad to hear we got representation at the game.
      How many people look to be there? It was looking pretty sparse in some sections at game time.

• sfsarge said, on June 14, 2016 at 8:34 am

It was pretty sparse. I’d say that 22,000 estimate was probably pretty accurate

52. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Goldy goes yard again.

53. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Sarge is at the yard! Cool!

54. djloo27 said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:38 pm

It looks like an SRO crowd of 22,000…

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Loo, you’d be amazed at how many people hang out in the concession areas.

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Or decided to stay home and watch the Warriors. 🙂

• djloo27 said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:44 pm

I think that’s true at Yankee Stadium, too…

55. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:39 pm

The 2nd Goldy HR was ruled foul on replay.

56. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Big moment for Kontos there. Well done.

57. djloo27 said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Do the Cavs always wear that monstrosity of a uniform on the road?
    I’ve never seen it before. One of the all-time worst.

• Macdog said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:57 pm

My co-worker said even the D-Backs uniform is insulted by that Cavs jersey.

58. Carstie Clausen said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Cain needs a good lube-job. Flakes of rust falling off everywhere.

59. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Nice AB, Parker.

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:52 pm

And then blows it.

60. bassbaldy said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Back to the square one drawing board for Cain .. 83 pitches in not even a full 4 innings, 5BB .. at least he didnt give up any HRs .. it could have been worse, I suppose … and for a change, he cannot complain about lack of run support.

61. Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Well, for Draymond Green I hope it was it was all worth it. I hope the energy, the wild emotion, bringing it every night, the screaming and yelling and lashing out at perceived slights have him feeling pretty good about things. Because if this dominating win springboards the Cavs to the title, he’ll never live it down. And I don’t care how fucked up of a decision this was, and it was a bullshit action by the NBA, he opens himself up to these kinds of things every time he steps on the floor. And somebody please implore him to keep his goddamn hands out of other men’s groins. It ain’t cool, bro.

As for Steph, someone tell him that he’s supposed to show up for big games like this, not shit a turd at center court. Once again with the sloppy passing and turnovers, poor shooting and s disconnected energy, like he’s not quite sure what to do.

He’s the MVP all the way, but if he wonders where criticisms of his play might come from, it’s performances like this in big games that open the door for the NBA sycophants to lay into him. Yeah, he had 25 points but it was too little too late in this one. Klay was the only one to show offensively.

Now with Bogut out, the task is that much harder. Better leave it all on the floor Thursday, guys.

• chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:55 pm

I will take Green just the way he is, and all his passion, every day, and twice on Sunday. That fire is one of the key things that feeds the engine called the Golden State Warriors.

And IMO, that was a bullshit call. The NBA was not even going to consider the situation until James whined like a little bitch. Bullshit. But regardless of that, I say again, I will take Draymond running a little hot every time. His talent is undeniable, and I am unsure he can play to the top of his game without exuding that passion.

• Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Passion is one thing, temper tantrums are another. He has to know when to let it loose and when not to. Screaming at the officials and lashing out and taking the bait from other players is not the way to do it. His talent is undeniable. Tonight it was not available to the team and they lost. That’s on Dray.

62. djloo27 said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Why did Parker and Blanco switch positions tonight? Was it ever explained?

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Good question. Parker’s an adventure in left tonight.

63. djloo27 said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Looks like the Brewers didn’t scout Duffy very well…

64. bassbaldy said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Now this is the kind of offense Ive been hoping to see from our guys! If only the pen can hang in.

65. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:30 pm

ParKer.

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:31 pm

With a backwards K.

66. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Enjoy Sac-town again, Parker. Pagan is coming back Wednesday.

67. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Arizona reliever just walked the bases loaded. That’s some serious sucking.

68. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Parker has racked up so many bonehead plays tonight, I’ve lost track.

• sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:51 pm

There was the ball he misplayed that he caught, the ball he misplayed that went over his head, taking strike 3 with a man in scoring position and one out, forgetting how many outs there were OR forgetting there was a guy on base after catching the ball he nearly misplayed, and getting doubled off first base.
      Am I forgetting anything?

• chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Ane here I was crowing about how I felt he is a better all around player than Mac. Open mouth; insert crow. (At least for tonight.) Parker is definitely having a forgetful game.

• sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:00 pm

He also damn-near cut loose a throw to an empty second base after that ball sailed over his head….
        Yet somehow he is growing on me and I’d like to see him continuing to start. Weird.
        I think he’s gonna hit one in the water tonight.

69. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Ziegler comes in and goes full Houdini! Very cool!

70. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:49 pm

LJ if you agree with the league In what happened to Draymond, you are nuts. LeBron made this an issue and cried to the league.

The ex players bemoan how soft have league is and Geeen gets suspended for that? Bron tackles Green and steps over him and the ref is right there. The ref let Lebron pull his fucking antics with no repercussions? Fuck that. The league should have called a double T and let Draymond play. Blaming this on Draymond is ridiculous.

• Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Did you read my comment Chuck? Right in the middle I called the decision bullshit and that’s what it is. But Green puts himself in the position of being subject to this kind of stuff all the time. You watch the games, doesn’t it ever seem to you that he’s out of control? Screaming and getting in everyone’s faces? He let his team down tonight and I’d bet he’d be the first to admit it. He needs to learn how to rein it in.

71. chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Granted the sample size is small, but I am sure liking what I am seeing from Suarez. Hope he can keep it going. And I like him wearing 56 (Torres was the last meaningful Giant I recall to wear that number).

• unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:15 pm

(Just saw your earlier Draymond post. Went straight to the bottom w/o reading further.)

Ditto.

72. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 9:55 pm

No kidding. He misses down. Love that.

73. sandog said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Crawford’s bat always looks short to me

74. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:02 pm

I just hope we get Bogut back for game 7. We are not getting any calls on Thursday.

75. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:03 pm

The Craw!!!

76. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Dodgers lost!

77. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Dogs lose! Grienke gets his 9th…

78. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Parker is playing pepper out there.

79. chipower9 said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Damn. How long has it been since we had a laugher with the Giants?! Nice change of scenery.

What a quagmire with the Warriors. Actually not. They were without Green, and the Cavs just played the kind of game you must play if you are facing elimination. Hoping the Warriors regroup and close this fucker out in Cleveland. Wash it off and get ’em next game…

80. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Yeah I don’t think LeWhine gets 41 with Green in there.

81. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:17 pm

There was talk that Bigut was coming back tonight but I just hope he’s ready for 7 should it come to that.

82. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Jesus. Parker is quite the adventure out there in LF.

83. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Great job, Suarez, all things considered.

84. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Oh-shat.

85. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:38 pm

The Law ends the 8th inning threat.

86. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:46 pm

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:49 pm

It would take me a long time to describe how much I love that album.

• unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:51 pm

🙂yup. Saw them a couple times. Their shows were killer

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Never got to see them in concert. I regret that.

• unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:55 pm

Funny thing is that song ain’t on that album.

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Yeah, I think that song was only a single.

87. bassbaldy said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:49 pm

This might be it Flappers! THIS might be THE game, the moment in this season weve all been waiting for! When this fucking offense finally pulls its collective head out of its ass and begins to finally play like its capable of playing … no more … no less!!!

• giants54 said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:15 pm

It’s the Brewers

• bassbaldy said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:21 pm

Check your facts, the Crew has been playing quite well lately l

88. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:53 pm

For one night anyway.

• bassbaldy said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:15 pm

Im the perpetually negative guy Chuck … and I gotta say Im feeling like something happened in those last two games vs LA … something powerful occured and the team has turned the proverbial corner .. damn, I cannot believe im talking like this … truly, im feelin’ IT .. the GIANT has awoken! Even if we lose the next two games, im still vibeing this team is destined to do something remarkable this year …I have not felt that since the first wek of April.

89. unca_chuck said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:56 pm

As Ted Sed, ballgame!!!

90. zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 10:59 pm

6 game lead over the Dodgers. Very cool.

91. snarkk said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:09 pm

What the hell has happened to Ezeli? The guy looks a step an a half slow, and lost out there. Verizausow or however you spell it is a body out there, that’s all I can say…

• Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:17 pm

The whole team looked a step slow in the 2nd half.

92. snarkk said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Belt 2-4 w/ 2 RBI, now hitting .300…

93. snarkk said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:14 pm

Didn’t see game, sounds like Cain not sharp. He gets a pass, I guess, from being just off the DL. Next time he’s got to get some control, can’t keep going less than 4 innings and that’s it…

• zumiee said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:22 pm

He could have been sharper, but also the ump had a small strikezone. It was a good night for the hitters, overall, with that strikezone.

• bassbaldy said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:28 pm

Yep, Cain looked like he did in April. I still think he can pull it together but he will need another month or so.

Ohshit has got to go though .. there must be somebody in the minors that can do at least as poorly as him?

94. Lurker John said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:16 pm

I don’t think Bogut is coming back. The injury looked bad. And Green’s talent isn’t going to disappear if he learns to channel his emotions. That’s ridiculous. Be passionate and be you, just keep it in check when the situation warrants it. Getting in the face of officials is going to get you technicals, period.

The Giants are in a nice position right now. I hope they don’t end up coughing up some top prospects for Braun unless the wheels come off. If I were them I’d wait and see how Pence’s rehab is coming along by the middle of July or so. Great game tonight for multiple guys.

95. snarkk said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Bogut looks like he might have an ACL, at minimum a hyper-extended knee. Surprised if he’s back for the series. The guy seems to have a penchant for getting hurt….

• Lurker John said, on June 14, 2016 at 7:30 am

The way his leg bent back it looks like a hyper-extension, but with his luck it’s a torn ACL as well. That’s a lot of weight coming down. He’s done.

96. snarkk said, on June 13, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Since they wouldn’t take Melky back, why would the Giants take Braun? IMO he’s arguably as bad, or worse than Melky — at least Melky didn’t throw a FedEx guy under the bus — that was inexcusable, and showed a horrendous character flaw as wide as the Grand Canyon. I don’t want a guy around that is capable of that…

97. Lurker John said, on June 14, 2016 at 7:33 am

I can’t find any 2016 stats on Garza, is this his first start? Gotta keep fattening up on these cupcake teams. Go Madbum go Giants.