NL West Dominance

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 16, 2016

Day off today. How’s a 6 game lead feel to ya? If Zumiee went to every game we’d have a billion game lead.

The NL first place teams are stretching all over the place. Nats up by 5. Cubbies up by 9.5. And the Art Dealers 6 back of us.

Things could change but I don’t think it will. Our starting pitching is too good and our hitting is fine. The only thing that will take us down this year: injuries.

_______________________

I’m glad today is an off day because…..OBD.

Game 6.

Les go.

1. Paul Sorensen said, on June 16, 2016 at 5:24 am

6 game lead feels great, Craig. And I’ve said this before here, and probably will again: Fucking Cueto, man. What a joy to watch. Every pitch is different. He looks like an artist at his peak right now. Hope it lasts. A lot of great righty/lefty starter combinations in the history of baseball, but just looking at right now, no matter how long it lasts or doesn’t last, MadBum and Cueto are about as good as it gets and so fun to watch. Last time I saw a combo this good was….. um… last year, Greinke/Kershaw… Whatever. It’s fun.

2. Carstie Clausen said, on June 16, 2016 at 6:39 am

Sound call, Flav. Indeed it does look like it would take severious and sustained injury bugs to bring this team down. That brings to mind your admonition on Bumgarner not appearing in the HR Derby. Gimmicky and consider what a lasting injury to him would do to the team’s chances. Play it safe and we should be in like Flynn.

3. unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 7:09 am

Yup. Still holding my breath with Belt. Foot injuries can be hard to detect.

It’s a wonder that guys like Cueto and Pence are here. I didn’t have a true idea of their wackiness till they arrived. Cueto is like w kid out there having fun. There’s something to being a pro like Buster but watching Cueto do shot I’ve never seen (shimmy balk, unassissted caught stealing) almost every start is cool and fun. It makes a great game even better.

4. Flavor said, on June 16, 2016 at 7:20 am

June 16th is a VERY good day for Steve Kerr:

6/16/96: wins 1st title with Bulls
    6/16/15: wins 1st title with Warriors
    6/16/16: Game 6
    (likely got laid on several June 16th’s, too)………

• chipower9 said, on June 16, 2016 at 7:40 am

I like it…

• willedav said, on June 16, 2016 at 7:48 am

Somewhere I saw stat about champ team repeating vs. same opponent…
      Had to happen to J West losing to Celts; maybe Bird/Magic years…can’t recall off hand who else.
      Be great to pin in on LB again at home. GS has had good games there.

• Macdog said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:02 am

Never in the 80s. Last time it happened was Bulls-Jazz ’97-’98.

5. willedav said, on June 16, 2016 at 7:38 am

I thought Brewers pitching was more a park factor. Um, no Giants raked them here, and this the shorthanded version of Giants. Yesterday with the funky LU, no Belt no Pence Gillaspie Parker Blanco in midst of horrible slump leading off and they score early and often, aided by errors walks wild pitches.

Flav rightly mentions first place teams, but what is evident to me is how many bad teams there are out there.
    Didn’t see much of this one but I watched the A’s (only game in town on) last night. Sonny Gray just back from DL stint took a 5-0 lead on Rangers into the 6th. He proceeded to give up HR, 2 doubles, sac fly, base hit and another HR and game is tied. 2 pen guys who followed him eventually gave up solo HRs and A’s lose 7-5.
    So in 3 innings in front of a few thou at Mausoleum Texas blasted 4 HRs and 3 doubles, including one bomb each to opposite field and one hammered half way to Hayward by Rougned Odor.

• unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 7:55 am

Man, it must suck to be on that team playing in that shit-hole in front of 1,200 scattered folk with that fucked up front office.

While right next door there’s a team that completely understands how to run things.

OBD indeed. Ok, OBW for DJ . . .

6. chipower9 said, on June 16, 2016 at 7:41 am

Day off…only one thing to say…GO WARRIORS!

7. pawliekokonuts said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:04 am

IDK, 1993 still haunts me…and a few other years that we had leads of 9 or 10 games at ASG.

Regarding Cueto, he is fun indeed, tho’ I’m a hypocrite. I’m all over my Mets’ fan friend for Hansel Robles and his ‘quick pitches.’

Happy Bloomsday, y’all.

8. pawliekokonuts said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:04 am

Giterdone, Dubs.

9. willedav said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:12 am

Just read about Rox DFAing Jose Reyes, to whom they still owe $38 mil as price for unloading Tulo to the Jays.
    Wow, what happened to this guy? Injuries/loss of speed and athleticism I can understand but gotta be more than that.

• Flavor said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:34 am

he got popped without pay for the first 2 months of the season for domestic violence case and the Rockies released him. I’d like to say “good for them” but you know if Story wasn’t raking they’d probably be playing him now……

10. unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 9:47 am

Here’s a onk to repeat teams reaching the finals. SOmeone was asking about this . . .

• willedav said, on June 16, 2016 at 10:21 am

thx chuck. Mac is right tho, all the other teams didn’t repeat except for Bulls vs. Jazz.
      Remember all the jokes re: Mailman doesn’t deliver on Sundays.

11. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 16, 2016 at 9:56 am

A l-l-l-laugher by the bay yesterday. That’s the second time I’ve been at a game that Cueto started. The last time was when he was with the Red in 2014. I don’t remember paying much attention to him then but he really is fun to watch. He works at a crisp pace and really likes to rip off his hat and sort of stalk off the mound when the inning ends. He thoroughly dominated the Brewers yesterday. I was surprised to see him at 90+ pitches in the 7th.

Posey came through in the 3rd and I wondered how bassbaldy was dealing with it. At one point there were 3 straight inning that had the giants sending the top of the order to the plate. That’s always a good sign. Good to see Blanco, Panik and Duffy get it going. Parker looks totally over matched to me but he’s only got 65 plate appearances and he did a good job getting hit by a pitch and taking a walk in a later AB. Despite the injuries piling up I think Bochy made a good point last week about the offense as constructed can get a lot better.

Looking at the NL overall there are some seriously bad teams and the Brewers are a club the Giants should be wiping the floor with. Good to see the club take care of business.

• bassbaldy said, on June 16, 2016 at 11:17 am

Well, I’m not even going to bother to quote any BA, risp, ops, etc stats on Posey … If you have been paying attention, it goes without saying that you know they are terrible.

I’m happy he seems to be figuring it out as many predicted he would. A few also sited the fact he is a slow starter. Fine by me. But at $20 mil a year how slow is acceptable? I don’t think my concern, or that same concern echoed by others here, was out of line by any means.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 16, 2016 at 11:40 am

Just giving you a hard time, bass. I’d rather pay Posey $20M+ than Cain.

• chipower9 said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Well, acceptable or not, he is not going anywhere anytime soon. No way the Giants could trade him to anyone with the coin he is owed, IMO. And I don’t want to trade him anyway. At the end of the year he will be hitting near .300 with close to 20 bombs 100 RBIs. All good in my book.

12. bassbaldy said, on June 16, 2016 at 9:58 am

Just watched Duval hit his 19th homer in Atlanta off of Wisler. He hit on the second pitch of the at bat. His first swing looked terrible … I thought, “ugh, this guy looks terrible.” Next pitch, wow, not a cheapie by any means.

Not bad for a kid who “isn’t a major leaguer”.

• Flavor said, on June 16, 2016 at 10:03 am

yup. I give up. He’s a player. Still wouldn’t want him though. It wouldn’t transfer to AT&T

• bassbaldy said, on June 16, 2016 at 10:12 am

Well, to be completely transparent Flav, and I think I did say this early on in the discussion, I wasn’t much more convinced than you about his abilities. I did get to see him a number of times in Fresno and he was impressive … at times.

You may be wrong again about his “power” not translating to AT&T but you could be right too … It will be difficult to say with any certainty.

Whose power would translate? Bonds was pretty good, eh? How often does one like him come along? … not very, I’d think.

• Lurker John said, on June 16, 2016 at 11:31 am

He has a terrible OBP, hardly any walks and a lot of strikeouts. But 19 homers is 19 homers. Near 50 RBI works too. Let’s see if he can sustain it. I’m inclined to agree with Craig about his numbers transferring to AT&T. He’s playing in a band box right now.

Given the Giant’s conga line style of offense, I’m not so sure he slots into the Giant’s lineup very well.

• unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 11:57 am

Criminy. I think Duval would be doing more than the Parker/Mac Experience. The bar is pretty low there. And power is power. He’d be hitting doubles at least one would think.

• chipower9 said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Agree (Flav – about Duvall not transferring at AT&T). We have already been there, done that.

13. zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 11:31 am

The weather was beautiful at the ballgame yesterday.
    Lots of great moments in the game. But, man, Lucroy looked lost playing firstbase.
    One little moment I’ll mention, just because of how cool it was: after Panik made a great play late in the game, Cueto was going to point to him in thanks, but Panik had turned to indicate the number of outs to the outfield, just like in little league, and Cueto stood off the mound and waited until Panik had turned around again to point at him. It’s a little thing, but kinda cool. I like seeing little moments like that at the game, that might be missed by the TV coverage.

• Lurker John said, on June 16, 2016 at 11:32 am

Tells you a little about Panik too. All business.

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 11:56 am

Yeah, he’s just a flat-out solid ballplayer. Kudos to whoever scouted him for the draft.

14. zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 11:53 am

Speaking of Panik: that moment when he slid into third, and the throw went into leftfield, but he didn’t know. The crowd was screaming at him to get up and run, and it felt like forever for him to realize it and get up and run home. Posey was already heading to third, and there would have been two runners on third. Not sure why Kelly couldn’t communicate that to him quicker.

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Kelly’s been better lately, but that wasn’t a great moment for him.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:07 pm

That was a crazy play all around. Kelly ran to the base to instruct Panik who then has to go through or around Kelly to head home. They got it right but Kelly still puts himself in odd positions as 3b coach.

• chipower9 said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Where is Flan when you need him. Speaking of, I am seeing him and Lunatic Fringe Saturday night in Rocklin. Have wanted to see him and his band for some time.

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Cool!

15. willedav said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Props to Dirt for 11:40 “I’d rather pay Posey than Cain” $20 mil which is up there for post of the year
    He is unquestioned leader of the team, talking to pitchers, calling clubhouse meetings. The team that is in first place and 15 games over .500 despite early suckitude of pen, back end of rotation and numerous stints on DL, including heart and soul of team Pence and hit and miss offense.

MLB network guys rated him top for defensive prowess in all baseball with Perez of KC.
    I’m sure no Cs would ever claim injury bothers them but I do believe the issue with his thumb affects his hitting, tho he is 8 for his last 12.

Posey is perennial AS C and will go into HOF as one for the Giants, something unprecedented in their SF history. There are other guys not having stellar seasons, such as Andrew McCutchen hitting .234, but I can live with Posey having a slow month or three in view of the larger body of work—3 rings, MVP, batting title yada yada that all these other AS players cannot match.

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Excellent post.

• chipower9 said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:23 pm

Great post. I agree on all points, WillieD.

16. zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Well, one thing that was accomplished by trading Duvall was the Giants learned what they needed to know about Leake, and didn’t sign him as a free agent. Cueto is far better, and I’ll take Smardj instead of Leake.

17. dirtnrocksnomo said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:10 pm

zum, regarding that pic of yours on FB that I commented on. My seats are right next to that rail. I wish I had been paying attention as I was probably sitting right next to you. Hey, did you notice more security than usual yesterday? I’ve never had so much delay getting into the park

• Flavor said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:21 pm

no way really? That woulda been awesome if you looked over and saw each other. Ever met each other?

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Yeah, we met at a Flapalooza and sat together for a while. Dirt is a cool dude, like all the Flappers I’ve met. Hope to meet more of them.

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:24 pm

I was standing just inside the doorway and I wasn’t there all that long. Sorry I missed you.

Yeah, the security checks seemed to take longer. Maybe in response to Orlando?

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Dirt’s seat was behind homeplate, and mine was down the thirdbase line. Both in the Club Level.

18. chipower9 said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Regarding all the chatter about who has or has not repeated against the same team, not sure about all of that, but two things I do know definitively:

1) No team in NBA history has dropped both games 3 and 5 (as the Warriors did), and subsequently lost a game 6.

2). No team in NBA history has ever came back to win a title after being down 3-1.

Not saying there is NO chance for the Cavs. Sure, until the Warriors win it, anything could happen.

But I do feel top-to-bottom that the Warriors are a better team (definitely a better and deeper bench).

Go Dubs – Let’s Burn this Bitch Down tonight!

• Lurker John said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Good, because I’m starting to have my doubts after Monday night’s lackadaisical performance. Losing Bogut is a much bigger deal than the chumps over at SFGate are making it out to be. He’s a huge presence in the paint and they run a lot of plays through him on the high post. He also rebounds like a maniac. Big drop off from him to Ezili, who’s missed about 25 dunks this year. Dude needs to work on his low-post game big time this summer.

But I choose to ride chi’s wave of positive energy and see a win tonight. I do not want this to go to a game 7.

19. zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:20 pm

I was wrong about who would be sent down between Parker and Williamson.
    To his credit, Parker is showing somewhat better pitch selection. The walks have upped his onbase to .323, which is progress.

• chipower9 said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Not crowing about it, but I have always said I think Mac would go down before Parker. Parker, for all his struggles at the plate, is a far better OFer, IMO.

• willedav said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Zum, I think ultimately Giants figured if Parker went down he would still dominate and hit HRs but not learn as much or make progress the way you mentioned. The potential is there for him to learn from being around ml players and hopefully figure out how to help team and be productive at this level. Ain’t gonna be near as easy as blasting AAA pitchers in friendlier yards.

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:42 pm

You guys make good points about Parker.

20. Flavor said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:23 pm

The thing about Duvall, Chuck is right, he would be far more productive than the “Mac-Park” thing we have going now. It’s too bad he never got more than a few at bats with us at a time before getting traded. But whatever, he’s gone. Would be funny if Cinn traded him back to us.

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Yeah, I don’t second-guess that trade at all. Nor Wheeler for Beltran. I like it when Sabean/Evans fully go for it. The window of opportunity is now! And the Giants have done amazingly well during this window.

21. Lurker John said, on June 16, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Buster Posey is an all-time favorite for any Giants fan, period. But he’s also paid top dollar to do what he does and he’s hitting has been sub-par for a good part of this season, whichever way you choose to spin it. With Pence down, his offensive production is even more important. He’s showing signs of snapping out of

Baseball fans are critical of their teams and the components that make up their teams. We analyze everything to death and can seem to be hard on certain players at certain times. To quote Kevin Costner, “We count everything in baseball.” Just the way it is and it’s even more so with Sabermetrics and all the new stats that have been created. No other sport does it to this extent.

So, criticizing Posey for his below average performance is not personal, it means we take this shit very seriously, hence the term fan-atic. We are all wrapped up in this baseball team because what they do means something to us. Since we were little kids. McCutchen is hitting .234? So what, he’s not on our team. Our guy needs to step it up and I’m confident he’ll do just that. If he doesn’t, well, someone’s going to say something about it. That’s just the way it is. No player is beyond the scrutiny of a true fan.

At the end of the day, we’re all die-hard Giants fans and have been for a long time and we want nothing more than for our boys to succeed. Right now they’re doing just that. For the long haul, Buster needs to hit.

• bassbaldy said, on June 16, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Thank You LJ for a most EXCELLENT POST! You said enverything I was thinking cap and more!

Post of the Decade IMHO.

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 2:59 pm

It’s a great one. 🙂

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 3:05 pm

I don’t think Posey was all that bad, though, earlier in the year. Offensive numbers were down, probably as a result of the sore thumb; but he was still playing Gold Glove defense. Plus all the leadership things Willie mentioned.

• willedav said, on June 16, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Cutch is one of the best CF in all of baseball, whether he is hitting .234 or not is my point.
      And i’ll say the same about Posey–he has been slow to come around offensively but he is still one of the best in baseball and has proven that since he got here, in so many different ways.
      As witness those 3 rings up there to the right of this page.

Just hard to believe how unappreciated that seems. The Giants are winning and playing well, but that doesn’t seem enough.

22. zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Texas pitcher is perfect through six innings, and as far as I can tell, the A’s Comcast TV isn’t covering this game. Sad, in this day and age.

23. unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Bogut is Bogut. There are times he really dominates in the paint, like his 5-blocks-in-7-minutes stretch a few games ago, and there are times where all he seems to do is make stupid fouls and sit. But I will say, not having Green AND Bogut as game 5 wound down was the reason the team sputtered in the end.

With all the shitty defense and easy baskets by Cleve, The Dubs were still only 6 down midway through the 4th quarter. And they actually did get some stops. Unfortunately they stopped scoring, And this is usually when Green shines. Not Bogut. Green is such a force as a defender and opportunity-maker that missing him down the stretch is what sealed their fade. Bogut is rarely in there at the end of games. Green is.

I’d love to have Bogut, but Green is much more important. that bering said, he’s one more technical foul from being suspended for game 7. Fuck these stupid rules. Especially when they can go back and look at this shit after the fact.

• Lurker John said, on June 16, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Agree Chuck. But for all of his foibles, it’s nice for Kerr to have Bogut as an option because he can, as you say, dominate in the paint. The way James and Irving were getting to the rim Monday was not good. If Ezili and Varejao have good games, the W’s should be OK.

• unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Frankly, I’d like to see Varejo get more time. He’s about even defensively, but has more size. He’s also better offensively.

I’d imagine we are going with the super small lineup, but I’d love to see us start Varejo.

• unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Than Ezili of course.

24. zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 2:58 pm

MLB Network has cut over to the A’s game no-hitter going on.

25. zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 3:11 pm

No-hitter gone in the 9th inning. (sad trombone)

26. unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 3:23 pm

• bassbaldy said, on June 16, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Odd how the hit (double to the wall) that ended the no hitter and the subsequent single that followed were both in the glove of the defenders and got squeezed out by the defender’s impact with the wall & ground respectively … (very sad trombones, for sure) … Tough break for Lewis.

27. unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 3:51 pm

No reason. Just the fact there’s nothing more fun than catching a beer buzz at work preceding a championship game . . .

Turn it UP!

28. Carstie Clausen said, on June 16, 2016 at 5:43 pm

Can statistics be misleading? Consider runs scored. Giants are tied with the Snakes for 6th most in the NL with 298. Among the teams ahead of SF are the Rox with 344. How many would the Giants have totaled to date if they played half their games at the Box of Rox?

How bout the NL Central? Giants scored 24 in a 3 game set with the Brewhahas. That’s a rate of 8 per. Could there be something about NLC pitching when the Cards lead the league with 353, Cubs next with 344
    and the Pirates 8 ahead of the Giants with 306. How many tallies would this team have racked up vs NLC
    pitching with only the Cubbies sporting a solid pitching staff while our guys frequently face the likes of Kershaw, Greinke and Pomeranz?

If the injury bug were not biting us so consistently and were the Giants to present a full conga-line for say, 6 weeks running my suspicion is we would rank high ~ very high.

29. eddacker said, on June 16, 2016 at 6:11 pm

I think ABC sports needs a new chart. I cannot count the number of times I have heard, “It’s off the chart.” from there announcers.

30. Lurker John said, on June 16, 2016 at 6:31 pm

Wow. Cleveland looking like they want to make history. Warriors come out flat again.

31. Lurker John said, on June 16, 2016 at 6:32 pm

This is embarrassing.

32. Lurker John said, on June 16, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Anyone still think Bogut doesn’t matter? Ezili looks completely lost on both ends.

33. eddacker said, on June 16, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Hard to make a run hitting under .300 on your shots. Tough, physical game

34. bassbaldy said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Brew Crew taking it to Kazmir … 2-0 in the 4th

35. wilcojoe said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Classy move by ESPN inviting Craig Sager to work tonight’s game. He is truely an inspiration for anyone battling terminal cancer or those caring for someone who is.

36. bassbaldy said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:30 pm

LA just tied it up on 3 run shot by Trayce Thompson .. It’s only 3rd inning, not 4th as I mistyped earlier.

• zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:38 pm

It seems like their offense is HRs or nothing. Not much conga line.

37. zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:36 pm

The Dodgers get to play four at home vs. the Brewers. It would have been nice to have four of those.

38. blade3colorado said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Q: What do you call a Cleveland Cavaliers player with a championship ring?

A: A thief.

• Lurker John said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:49 pm

You may want to rethink that one in a few days. They have all the momentum in the series now. It won’t be theft, it’ll be a coronation. Dubs are in the middle of the biggest choke job in NBA history and they don’t look up to the task. They aren’t even competing right now.

• blade3colorado said, on June 16, 2016 at 9:05 pm

See Eddacker’s 8:59PM post . . . Ring was stolen when NBA decreed Green out.

39. unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Jesus. Steph was all over the place. Too many sloppy turnovers. Again. Bogut would have helped. A little. Iggy looks shot as well. They need to come out and attack the Rim instead of shooting contested 3s.

• Lurker John said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:52 pm

The way the Cavs were strolling to the rim all night, Bogut would’ve helped more than a little. They have no interior presence right now.

40. unca_chuck said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:48 pm

They’d get close driving and then flail around and throw the ball away.

41. snarkk said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Problem is Iggy’s back. That needs to be resolved before game 7.
    Dubs are beat up, but they are going to pull it out at home…

42. eddacker said, on June 16, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Curry’s wife on twitter saying championship is rigged by NBA to go seven games. Interesting.

43. snarkk said, on June 16, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Harrison Barnes 0-8 shooting, 2 boards in 16 minutes. 2 for his last 22. He needs to at least get in the game this Sunday. Kerr is probably going to lay into these guys. They need to start fast, and not come out playing like they’re draggin their asses around. Still, they got home court winning 73, and now they have that home court when it’s needed most…

44. zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Villar 2-run HR! The guy’s good.

45. zumiee said, on June 16, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Dodgers lost! Brewers almost blew the save. Seager struck out with the bases loaded.

46. mrsprtdude said, on June 16, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Is Kerr deserving of some grief? Coaches are often a reason when teams come out flat and don’t seem prepared to play..Just me, but when ever Clev ( or Portland or OKC ) was in a big run Kerr looked like a frustrated fan, who doesn’t know what to do. We are down at the beginning too often…I hope we get a longer look at the league MVP actually looking like the best player on the court. Go Dubs!

• Lurker John said, on June 17, 2016 at 1:02 am

Careful, I said similar things about Kerr before the playoffs started and was chided for it, You can’t touch the man in the golden suit. Absolutely the coach is deserving of some grief. It’s his job to have the team prepared and ready to come out on fire, and Kerr just hasn’t done that. Quite the opposite. The team is flat and slow. Gassed? Probably, but who isn’t 110 games into the season. I honestly think Kerr has no idea what to do. We’ll see Sunday, but I ain’t holding my breath. The Cavaliers are suddenly red-hot and look unstoppable.

47. snarkk said, on June 16, 2016 at 10:49 pm

I’m glad Steph lost his cool and got tossed. He gets mugged all game long, then gets called for a 6th fould on a LeBron flop. Kerr even called out the name of the idiot ref that called it. Big fine coming. Maybe it will help somehow…

48. snarkk said, on June 16, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Giants somewhat surging offense the last several games seems to have started at the same time Pagan got back in the lineup. Coincidence? I think not; the guy’s energy has always been a catalyst to this squad…