Summer Time!!!!!!!!!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 2, 2016

If Parker could just, you know, make contact with the ball, I would love him. Anyone with the power to send a ball THAT far oppo is a beast in waiting. But there will always be that darned contact issue with him……

I wouldn’t bet on the Giants game tonight with YOUR money. Who knows what Smarge is going to do? I’d lean towards AZ and at +128 if I was forced to bet the game.

Other dawgs I like:

Reds at +196

Colorado at +160

Pitt at +148

and for the hell of it I’m taking the Mets at +148 because these are the type of games when “Two Slices” steps up and spins a gem.

And while not quite a dawg, I think the Padres handle the Yanks tonight.

So there ya go, pin those 6 teams together for $50 and watch $2000 roll back your way…..It would actually be more than that since 5 of them are dawgs but I can’t do that math in my head…..

Another sound betting strategy would just be to bet each game individually and take the opposite of who I’m taking. You’ll like win 4 or 5 and make money on the day. Hey now. 🙂

We are floating down the damn river in tubes today and playing poker all night.

Whatever you all are doing today, do it well and make it so……

1. zumiee said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Osich instead of Lopez.

• zumiee said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Same crappy result.

• zumiee said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Couldn’t throw a single strike. Wow.

• pawliekokonuts said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:43 pm

we asked you to do one thing and you did not

• pawliekokonuts said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Smarj is chewing snakes, to use an expression of my dad’s

2. blade3colorado said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Just fucking great. Thank you Osich and Strickland.

3. snarkk said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:47 pm

This Pen is seriously sucking…

4. Irish Kevin said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Anyone still on the Strickland bandwagon?

• sandog said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Yeah, I’m still on. Before tonight, he’d given up 1 run in his last 11 appearances.

5. pawliekokonuts said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:47 pm

fukinfuckfuckittyfuk

6. Lurker John said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:47 pm

The Giants won’t win shit with this bullpen. What a fucking joke, 4 pitch walk from O-shit and Gascan does what he does best.

7. snarkk said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:47 pm

If Romo comes up, I don’t know who goes down. Lots of candidates…

• Irish Kevin said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:50 pm

The guy on the mound right now comes to mind.

8. pawliekokonuts said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:47 pm

that just blows…ruined my night

9. Lurker John said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Both guys come in and immediately get behind in the count. Stop making excuses, Kruk, ballpark my ass, it was a shit pitch to a major league hitter and he crushed it.

10. snarkk said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Used to be, a two run lead for the Giants pen in the 8th meant a guaranteed win. Now, two runs isn’t enough…

11. Irish Kevin said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:49 pm

After giving up that HR, Bochy should leave him in, tell him you fuvked up now take care of this mess

• Lurker John said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:52 pm

While there’s still a chance to win the game? He’ll likely make the mess bigger.

12. pawliekokonuts said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:49 pm

I stayed up for this amateurishness?

13. Macdog said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Bull(shit)pen strikes again.

14. snarkk said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:50 pm

These Pen dudes either can’t throw a strike, or if they do, it’s a “hit me” gopher ball in the middle of the plate belt high. Seriously sucking…

15. bassbaldy said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:50 pm

The solution is obvious … our starting pitchers have to throw complete games … complete game shut outs would probably be best.

• Lurker John said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:54 pm

That’s just not going to happen. Sabean is simply going to have to make a move and bring in a reliable guy and he’ll probably have to pay up the ass for it.

• bassbaldy said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Sorry .. I thought the sarcasm was obvious … I guess I only got the ‘chasm’ part right!

16. snarkk said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Oscich may be the worst of the lot. He sucks on a fairly regular basis…

17. snarkk said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:56 pm

I could be wrong, but Strickland seems like a thick necked dumbass, throwing shit right down the middle to a guy that can yank one of those. You just can’t do that in the 8th when you’re up two….

• sandog said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Pitch Trax had it on the inside edge. It was not a blatant meatball. The guy has been pretty damn good this year. He gave up a bomb. It happens.

• snarkk said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Looked to me on multiple re-run highlights at belt high, inside half, a meatball if there ever was one on a 2-1 count. I stand pretty fed up with Strickland, but Osich is probably the guy that gets sacked when Romo comes up, if he comes up…

• bassbaldy said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Yet, it does seem to be happening more frequently with the complexion of this particular pen … Oshit, Lopez (his 2nd bout of shittiness this year) and Casillia … All have been consistently inconsistent. Gearrin is the only one that has been solid (he is have that one bad game against a the A’s last week) and Law has been decent for a rookie.

18. sandog said, on July 2, 2016 at 9:58 pm

How old is Ziegler? He looks like the guy from the Farmer’s Insurance commercials.

19. blade3colorado said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Well, I knew our karma would change . . . Who knows? Maybe it will change again this inning?

20. Macdog said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Giants relievers have two WHIPS: walks+hits, and whip their heads watching home runs.

21. zumiee said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Green reverting to what he is.

22. Lurker John said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:07 pm

“Thick-necked dumbass…” LOL

23. gianthead said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Strickland threw the one pitch where he should never have been near with two guys on base….everything should have been down low…

• gianthead said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Turn out the lights…the east coasters are going to bed…see ya chaps…

24. Macdog said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Dammit, that’s a bad L.

25. blade3colorado said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:08 pm

K&K diverting blame – pointing to Goldy’s glove heroics. Hilarious. Pan the camera over to our bullpen dimwits.

• bassbaldy said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Really a shit loss .. depressing … I don’t see any solution, at least no ‘easy’ fix. I sarcastically suggested we just ask our starters to throw CG shut outs … That’s probably about as attainable as a fix by trade or anything else at this point. I fear Romo is not the answer either. Yeah … Definitely a case of the “chickens coming home to roost”!

• bassbaldy said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:17 pm

The ‘shut out’ caveat was only as insurance against out offense constipation .. Maybe we could unretire someone? … I know, how about Gregg Mallox?

26. zumiee said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Blanco’s hitting .249 now. Can Parker play cf?

27. snarkk said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:12 pm

If the Giants went into the top of the 9th at ATT leading by one in the last reg season game, and a win means they win the division, I don’t have confidence in any current Pen guy to get that close done. None of ’em. Sabean has to pick somebody up after the AS break to solidify this Pen…

28. blade3colorado said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Snarkk, although Strickland has a reputation of giving up the bomb, he’s actually pitching well this season, with a low WHIP and ERA – not as good as last season, but still good. Osich on the other hand, has been terrible. Sheesh, I actually thought this guy was a potential closer. I was unequivocally wrong on that score.

• snarkk said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Osich is likely the dude going down if Romo comes up, I agree. Strickland’s stats look better than he’s pitched, IMO. I don’t know how many runs he’s given up that were the previous pitcher’s responsibility. i’ve soured big time on the guy. Two seasons here and he’s got a fastball, and still essentially nothing else, most games. Kruk just finished ripping him a new one on the post-game…

• blade3colorado said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Yeah, I see Osich going down to. ironically, I had forgotten how well he had pitched for the Giants last season – 28.2 innings pitched, with a 2.20 ERA and 1.12 WHIP . . . This season he has an ERA (4.44) double that, and a WHIP of 1.40

• bassbaldy said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Agree with all that Blade

On another note Blade … I’m a bit shocked by you stating you don’t take your SS! Wow, I’m thinking that is so very commendable … But maybe I don’t know enough about it … I’m just beginning to deal with all this now … I’m some quarters short to get mine .. Gotta wait another 3 yrs and I’ll be 65 in Nov. … It’s all very puzzling.

• blade3colorado said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Thanks BB . . . My life has been blessed. Like I said, my problems in my 20s were of my own making. Grateful to the catalysts in my life (including the police on multiple occasions) which allowed me to see the error of my ways. 🙂

• bassbaldy said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Yeah Blade, you are so right on! It’s so easy to blame others for our mistakes … I did a lot of that too, and probably still do … Slow learner that I am.

• djloo27 said, on July 2, 2016 at 11:27 pm

I’ll be at the Social Security office in a sleeping bag the night before my 62nd birthday.
        From there, straight to Aqueduct.
        I think if you wait till 66 to collect, you have to live till like 78 to get even for the 4 years you sat out.
        Fuck them.
        I have no plans on being around that long, and if I am does it really matter?

• Macdog said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:28 pm

I definitely put this more on Osich. Walking a guy who hits .196 vs. lefties on four pitches is inexcusable.

29. bassbaldy said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:35 pm

I’m reposting this just in case LJ is still around …

‘shutouts’ suggested only as insurance against our offensive constipation.

Maybe we can unretire and old starter like Greg Mallox and put him in the pen .. Get things moving, so to speak!

30. djloo27 said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Strickland just called me at home.
    I had to be honest with him…

31. mrsprtdude said, on July 2, 2016 at 10:52 pm