Peavy!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 9, 2016

Peavy pitching and he continues to surprise us all. I’m posting today’s thread from inside a poker room. All the exit signs have been taken down.

But there is no goddamn WAY I leave the Flap hangin’ on a thread…..

1. zumiee said, on July 9, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Fox, of course, ruining their broadcast with numerous in-game interviews. It just kills the flow of the broadcast.

• zumiee said, on July 9, 2016 at 5:12 pm

ESPN will do the same thing tomorrow night, of course.

• Lurker John said, on July 9, 2016 at 5:18 pm

The game has become the secondary attraction…

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Are you seeing the Met-Nat game, Zum? I thought the color announcer just did a brilliant job of explaining the changes Reyes will have to make transitioning from SS to 3B…

• zumiee said, on July 9, 2016 at 5:17 pm

I have the Dodgers game.

• zumiee said, on July 9, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Vasgersian and Smoltz are great. I just have an ongoing dislike of in-game interviews.

2. Lurker John said, on July 9, 2016 at 5:12 pm

56-33 with one more game before the break. Out-fucking-standing as we used to say in the army. I’ guess nobody here was expecting better than that, and with all the starters they’ve had go down.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Projects to 102-60…

• bassbaldy said, on July 9, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Didn’t somebody post something the other day, a link to a piece about how the teams with the winningest records don’t do well in the playoffs? I didn’t read the article but I’m surmising that’s what it was about.

Let’s hope the Giants, if they keep this pace going, can prove that to be wrong.

• djloo27 said, on July 9, 2016 at 6:15 pm

I think so, bb – but I wouldn’t worry about it…

• Carstie Clausen said, on July 9, 2016 at 6:33 pm

They go ONE game over .500 the rest of the way and they finish 93-69. Halfway between a 102 and a 93 game winner would give them 97 wins and almost certainly, the NLW. Bumgarner pitches tomorrow as predicted and the Carolina Cattleman would be a bit hungry perhaps as he’s sitting at 9 wins. Overall, i like our chances.

3. zumiee said, on July 9, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Doesn’t look like any help from the Padres today. Just an awful team.

4. blade3colorado said, on July 9, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Delayed laugh . . . I finally saw the Beer, garlic fries, and hamburger “glove” catch the fan made. Yep, that is hilarious.

• blade3colorado said, on July 9, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Whoops . . . She actually dropped it. She needs a better glove.

• blade3colorado said, on July 9, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Maybe try to catch the next foul ball with a crab sandwich.

5. Carstie Clausen said, on July 9, 2016 at 9:37 pm

So far, so good. After noting his relative lack of success in his pipeline assignments, i was a bit apprehensive about Romo’s return. But in back to back appearances Sergio has nicely surpassed my expectations. Should this excellence continue, our bullpen slurry may well harden into a substance approaching solidity. A further effect will be a lessened impulse on the part of the Front Office to add a couple of arms to the pen, though a single competent veteran would likely reestablish the Bullies as a primary team asset.

Problem would be who goes down? My candidate would be Strickland and his need to establish another pitch or two that would possibly set him up as the closer of the future.