SF South

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 16, 2016

Blah game. But you know what is astounding? I guess I already knew this, but the number of Giants fans down here is just a non stop parade. They’re everywhere. I didn’t go to the game but I’ve got to think we took over that stadium again.

Ok, one more day in this paradise and then it’s back to Land of Ugly Women. I know I shouldn’t say that about NorCal but I have never, in my life, seen a hotter collection of women in one place. And they are EVERYWHERE. Wandering around in the street at night dressed like they’re going to the party of the year. And no, these aren’t hookers. This is just how it is down here……

1. zumiee said, on July 16, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Casilla continues to be awful. Surely even stubborn Bochy is tired of it now.
    We’re not going jack-anywhere unless a trade or two is made to improve this situation.

2. wilcojoe said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:00 pm

I know it won’t be a popular idea around here (especially for Blade) but if the Yankees wanted Duffy along with a prospect and say Strickland, I would make that move for Miller and Chase Headley.

• blade3colorado said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Actually, I would have a problem with Strickland going to. He has been very good this season overall. I think he is beginning to figure it out. Duffy? No way. I abhor Headley.

• wilcojoe said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:06 pm

I knew you would be the one to hate this move the most. I just don’t think Duffy ever replicates what he did last year. I certianly hope I am wrong but if he goes on to have a nice career with someone else and we win our fourth and likely last World Series (for some time to come) I am totally fine with that.

• blade3colorado said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Yeah Joe, I’m down with WS wins, but Duffy is such a high character guy and did so well last year. I think he deserves our (Giants) loyalty. I also remember what an abyss 3rd base was before he came on the scene. I would much rather deal minor league chips who haven’t done jack shit in the show versus players (Duffy) who have.

• wilcojoe said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:22 pm

I don’t know about using the world “loyalty” right now. I think most here would feel that managment is using that very term to justify Casilla as still being our closer. I am all for high character guys, but I don’t think losing Matt Duffy is going to cause anyone in the clubhouse to raise a stink if it means helping us get another ring. The sad fact is our minor league system may not allow us to land an Andew Miller type arm alone. We may be forced to part from within the big club.

• wilcojoe said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:03 pm

I am not saying Headley is our answer at 3b but he is better than what he have now. This move is strictly about winning it all this year while we still can.

• blade3colorado said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:03 pm

However, I do want Miller. Especially over Chapman – who is a free agent after this season.

• Macdog said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:04 pm

At this point, Yanks could throw in A-Rod if it meant getting a new closer and kicking Casilla to the curb.

3. zumiee said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:09 pm

And again I’m grateful Bum was able to go 5 innings in Game 7 in 2014. No way Casilla would have gotten a save that night.
    I’m real tired of the “he’s our closer because he’s all we got.” That’s just so over. How about Evans do some GM work and get it done? Earn whatever salary he gets.

• blade3colorado said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:15 pm

My preference going forward is Bochy has a team meeting and announces the “closer by committee” competition and may the best man win. Try that for a couple of weeks and if no one shakes out as the closer, then Plan B kicks in with SabeEvans doing their magic before the trade deadline.

• zumiee said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:19 pm

As long as Casilla is not part of the committee.

• snarkk said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Well, in the meanwhile, Casilla can be tossed down the ladder. Romo can take the closer role. You can’t continue to have Casilla blow a gasket when things start to unravel a bit. The guy is mentally F’d up now. He almost threw a wild pitch to Posey, who had a great save. Then, the balk. Yeah, he tripped or caught a cleat, but that’s due to lack of focus. The guy has lost “it” for the 9th…

• blade3colorado said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Agree . . . Bochy needs to say something to the team (and I guess Casilla too privately). Bottom line is that there can’t be any intrigue. Get this shit out in the open and lay it out for them. As Zum said, the team battled tonight and was rewarded with a Casilla shit sandwich. That can’t stand going forward.

4. zumiee said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:15 pm

The team scraped and fought to come back tonight, to overcome Smardj’s lousiness. Too bad their tenacity wasn’t rewarded tonight.

5. Irish Kevin said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:18 pm

No way you trade Duffy for the very reaso Blade pointed out, do we really want to see a McGee or Uggla come through again?? Oh hell no!! Yeah I know Uggly was a 2nd baseman but you get my point.

• wilcojoe said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Chase Headley is a means to the end, essentially just a throw in for us. He still is better than the status quo, though not by much. What isthe status on the Duffster anyway?

• Irish Kevin said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Last I heard his foot was still giving him problems

6. zumiee said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:22 pm

The Giants are surely frustrated that Strickland never seized the opportunity. Ol’ thick-neck. 🙂

7. blade3colorado said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Yeah, if I was unclear – sorry . . . Casilla is officially in the dog house. Mop up duty or whatever “no harm” situations come available.

8. blade3colorado said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:25 pm

I was on the PC watching the game and consequently, they shut down after the broadcast, i.e., what the hell is Bochy saying about this situation? Or, is he being circumspect at the moment?

9. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:34 pm

I seem to remember Dusty Baker being frustrating now and then because he just wouldn’t change things up when clearly something needed to change. Boch is sort of doing the same thing now, what, hoping that doing the same thing (Casilla) will eventually net a different result? I guess it’s a helluva lot easier for us fans to sit here and watch and think we would know what is best than it is to actually manage a team, huh…. 🙂 Boch is the man. But it’s not *early in the season* anymore, and at some point soon, there won’t be more time to see who can win the auditioning that it sometimes feels is going on for those crucial late innings. Bold. I want to see bold by July 31st…..

10. Irish Kevin said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:43 pm

Title of the next thread should be “Fuck Casilla and the horse he rode in on”

• blade3colorado said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:46 pm

lulz

11. blade3colorado said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:49 pm

As heartbreaking as tonight’s loss was for us, it was probably worse for the Dodgers, who gave up the tying run in the 9th (their closer Jansen blowing it) and then lost it in the 12 inning. Worse – the Dodgers had the bases loaded with two outs in the top of the 12th, but Randall Delgado (2-1) retired Yasiel Puig on a groundout to end the threat. The Dodgers stranded 15 runners on base. Talk about a bitter loss . . .

12. Flavor said, on July 16, 2016 at 10:51 pm

I land in SF and turn my ph on. We are winning in 10th. Good. Say goodbye to my friend, take piss, wander off to bus to long term parking. Check ph on bus. We lose. WTF?!?!!? Gonna re-read Flap and then catch mlb highlights of 10th if they’re up yet…..

13. djloo27 said, on July 16, 2016 at 11:10 pm

14. unca_chuck said, on July 16, 2016 at 11:32 pm

Pence got pulled in the 1st his first rehab start? Fuck.

This team needs to get to some form of health. Thankfully I missed the game tonight.

• Lurker John said, on July 16, 2016 at 11:35 pm

It was in the 3rd and evidently after he was hit by a pitch in the leg. The Giants don’t seem to think it’s too serious.

15. unca_chuck said, on July 16, 2016 at 11:36 pm

And the Dodgers appear to be getting healthier faster than us.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Romo back in the closer role cuz Casilla HAS to be shelved from than for the time being. He’s fucking treading in the tire fire territory of ineptitude.

16. snarkk said, on July 16, 2016 at 11:40 pm

I heard on Lurie post game that Pence was going to first and grabbed the back of his bad leg. They say it’s ok, maybe it’s scar tissue. Uh, yeah, I’m re-assured…

17. djloo27 said, on July 16, 2016 at 11:52 pm

I like WJ’s thinking, but they won’t trade Duffy – they want to keep the home-grown IF together forever.
    It’s gonna be Huston Street who won’t cost anything but a few bucks and maybe some veteran OF in case Pence ain’t right…

• zumiee said, on July 17, 2016 at 3:40 am

18. eddacker said, on July 17, 2016 at 5:28 am

When Casilla was announced my first thought was “He could be hot or he could be cold. No in-between for his brand of closer torture.” And my always half full thinking thought hot – for the win. This is why I don’t gamble.

Magic number is 65.