Boston

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 19, 2016

Having some trouble with my internet today, so I am just popping up a quickie. So far today, Chi has sent me a pic of him and MadBum (he ran into him somewhere) and Blade sent me a pic of him, Chi and GiantHead.

Very cool to see the Flapalooza migrate east……

1. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:11 am

I’ll say it again, typing on Bart sucks.

2. djloo27 said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:17 am

Chi sounds very confident in Cain tonight…

• willedav said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:12 am

nobody has seen him pitch in forever. Like to see bats wake up, maybe win a slugfest.
      Couple old buddies on the Sawx–Hembree, who pitched Sunday night game and is apparently having a decent season.
      Also old nemesis Hanley, now at 1b. Still think someone should drill this guy whether he hits well or not.

Great posts from flap visitors to East, and everyone else too. Enjoy!…and yeah win a game or three.

3. willedav said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:15 am

Hey if pen help isn’t available at right price, what about Longoria for 3b? Tampa is going nowhere fast, esp in that division. A guy like him would make a lot of people currently on roster suddenly irrelevant.

4. chipower9 said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:19 am

OK Flap Universe – Blade and I are getting ready to go terrorize Boston. Not really…women and children are safe…for now. Game time tonight that may be a different story! Tonight – Take No Prisoners! We want A WIN!

Blade and I will be in section 27, lower IF, row 18. I plan to rock my “We Score, We Win” Flap Daddy shirt!

We are off to check out the Freedom Trail and see the birthplace of our great nation. And to check out the beautiful (female) Boston scenery.

Make it a awesome day, Flappers!

• unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:35 am

Went to a game at Fenway (Yanks vs Baahston) in 2001 and my wife and I were rocking Giants gear. Sat in the RF box seats right near the foul pole (scalped for $40.00 each 20 mins before the game). Got a lot of curious looks from the fans around us, but had a blast. the fans around us were very baseball-savvy and reveled in the history of the rivalry. Paul O’Neill caught tons of shit, but the ushers were very strict regarding language. Maybe because we were near the bleachers, but foul language was dealt with in a hurry. I have some really funny pics I have to find to post.

The game was a near no-hitter by Mike Mussina as he battled David Cone in his one year off the Yanks to a 1-0 Boston loss. Went by really fast. For an AL game . . .

5. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:28 am

He’s the face of their team so it would take some doing, but they need young pitchers and we have some of those . . . He’s in the middle of a super-ultra-mega deal that runs through 2023 though. He’s due around $110 mill. Yes, $110 mill . . .

$12.1 million for 2016, $13 million for 2017, $13.5 million for 2018, $14.5 million for 2019, $15 million for 2020, $18.5 million for 2021 and $19.5 million for 2022, and a $13 mill option for 2023.

That’s some serious eating . . .

• willedav said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:42 am

serious indeed, no idea he had a deal like that why would a team like Rays put out that much coin?
      Not so much the yearly, just for so freaking long?

6. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:54 am

Longoria said he wanted to be a Ray for life. What’s funny is they never do deals like this. They usually dump guys bofore they have to pay him