The Day You Woke Up and The Flap Had Taken Over The Country

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 20, 2016

I haven’t worried about the offense a single time this season but the raw erosion of our position players has finally started to set off wailing alarms at Flavor Industries. Belt has sunk back into one of his “can’t hit the fattest of pitches” modes. He’s 0-16 since the re-start. And I’m sorry, but when your line up ends “Parker…Gillaspe…Williamson…..Pena” and the mid-game replacements are Green and Blanco…..that is a spring training line up, at best. And I don’t know what Green was doing out there. It’s like he was on the field just for the jokes. They should have cued up the Benny Hill theme song every time he got some screen time…..

Speaking for everyone when I say we are LOVING all these east coast Flap updates. Keep ’em coming. I’m not going to post pics because a lot of them are coming in but I will at some point. Let me see if I have this straight: Chi and Blade are staying together (TWO (2!) separate beds!!!!) in Boston. They met up with GiantHead (and son) for a pre-game beer (epic synopsis of the trip on last thread, GH). San Dawg is in NY with his son wandering around a park and staying at the YMCA (please take a pic of that room). UncaChuck didn’t go because of a shady contractor and is posting (sloppily) from BART. Chi, Blade and San Dawg (and son) plan on meeting up with MacDog, Pawlie and Loo and some point during the NY series.

Do I have all that straight? Correct me in the comment section if I missed someone….

1. gianthead said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Two out of three in NY will cure the blues….if we had split in Boston and lost two of three in NY, we would have been 2-3 on the east coast swing and we probably all would be ok with it. So we just need to get two…of course none of us expected the sweep in SD…time to pull the trigger on a couple of deals.

By the way, the Cubs look like they gave up a very bright prospect in dealing for a middling Montgomery. If I were the Yankees I would have been probably pretty happy to have landed such a hitting prospect who looks like will be a first baseman or DH for either Miller or Chapman with a couple additional lower level prospects. Or they may have been able to pry Baez away. I don’t think the Cubs are parting with Schwarzenegger, I wouldn’t if I were them. If they don’t pull off a world series trip this year, they can go after free agent Chapman full bore and not lose any top prospect.

• gianthead said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:21 pm

There is a great auto type…Schwarber of course…

2. willedav said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Weirdness in box score tonite (missed game except for little bit toward end on radio): Span was on base 3 times (and twice yesterday) Pagan twice (and also twice yesterday) but neither scored a run in either game. 3-4-5 zero rbis out of 7 tonite and of course none yesterday either.

Yes, hope Yankee Stadium gets LH bats rolling, Posey too.

Cain getting raked again makes me leery to sell off young pitching. Giants gotta hope couple the kids can get into rotation next year at latest.

3. Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 9:05 pm

BTW, Nipper can be found frequenting Chuck’s 49ers Forever blog. And I don’t think he was Soph. That would just be too weird.

4. mrsprtdude said, on July 20, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Was at Tuesdays game. It was awesome until the game started. Sat in front row of the Monster during Giants BP. One of my friends i went with caught a homer. Hit right to him! Awesome!

• chipower9 said, on July 20, 2016 at 10:07 pm

SportDude – Blade and I tried to reach out to you here on the Flap multiple times about meeting up in Boston. All we heard were crickets chirping. Did you share any photos with anyone? You going to NY? If so, a bunch of us Flappers are meeting up there. Join the party if you are for real.u

5. chipower9 said, on July 20, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Well boys. Blade and I tried like hell to bring home the bacon with a win tonight! There were a TON of Giant fans there tonight. The Boston fans said they have never seen anything like it ever.

Even though our boys lost, it was a very entertaining game. When we rallied to 8-7, I really thought we were going to win. Damn!

Blade and I agree that for any future road trips, Zumiee MUST be a part of the traveling party!

Well, Blade and I catch the big dog (Greyhound) tomorrow for NYC. Train takes just as long and was over $100 per ticket. Bus was only $25. No brainer.

Boston was a super cool town. People here are awesome! Blade and I walked the entire Freedom Trail today. If you like Revolutionary War history, it gets no better!

Let’s take no prisoners in NY. At least two of three!

G’Night, girls!

• snarkk said, on July 21, 2016 at 12:21 am

Bring some wins to NYC, Chi!…

6. snarkk said, on July 21, 2016 at 12:17 am

I just figured out in highlights that Bochy apparently pinch hit Blanco for Williamson with the bags loaded and no out, and Blanco hit into a DP. This is after Williamson crushed his dinger in the prior AB. Ya know, there’s probably an argument for that move, the lefty/righty thing, but I ain’t buying it. To hell with Bochy on that move. You don’t take the bat out of a young player’s hands there, mid-game, after he just parked one, you give him confidence and let him swing. Especially a kid with his power. Even if he screws up, and strikes out like he apparently did earlier, the confidence of the manager is worth a lot. IMO Bochy totally botched that move, and not just because Blanco crapped all over it…

• chipower9 said, on July 21, 2016 at 4:08 am

I don”t have a problem with the move as much as the way it was played. If you PH Blanco there, put on the safety or suicide squeeze. Otherwise, yes, I would have left the at in Mac’s hands.

One of the few things I dislike about Bochy is his apparent aversion to the squeeze.

• chipower9 said, on July 21, 2016 at 6:42 am

Flip side, and I get this, is zero outs, and if Mac even gets a single, Giants take the lead by a run. Sac fly ties it. But I still would have put on the squeeze. I will have to have a talk with Boxhy over a couple of cold ones when I get back. 😉

7. blade3colorado said, on July 21, 2016 at 7:01 am

What Chi said (phone has been dead. Long story).

8. wilcojoe said, on July 21, 2016 at 7:56 am

Hey Chi, give us the lowdown on the Bum encounter? Were you guys on the same flight? What did you say? Did anyone else recognize him? Does he wear boxers or briefs?

• chipower9 said, on July 21, 2016 at 8:09 am

Bum and his wife were on the same flight. No one else was around or approached him. I just was walking by, glanced over, our eyes met, and I said ” what the fuck!” I they asked if I could have a photo with him. His wife snapped the shot. We chatted for a few, and he explained that he and his bride had gone home for a day during the Giants off day. I told him we were off to Boston to see them, and that we also had tix to Friday’s game, and wished him luck in that outing. He just said a humble, “oh thanks man, I appreciate that.” He wished me luck in my travels and I was off. He was sitting in first class, and when I went up there to use the head, and he was crashed out hard, camp ball cap pulled down over his eyes. I have no idea, but would guess he is a boxer guy (like me). No whitey tighties for this kid!

It was a very cool experience. Fate.

9. unca_chuck said, on July 21, 2016 at 8:15 am

Yeah, I didn’t like the Blanco move before it played out. I liked it less after . . .

I mean Mac can at least give you the sac. If Blanco is up, he should just push a bunt past the pitcher.

Didn’t really like leaving Suarez it to give up bomb #3 to HandRam. Fuck.

Belt needs to wake up. As to the rest of the meat of the line up.