The Day You Woke Up and The Flap Had Taken Over The Country

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 20, 2016

I haven’t worried about the offense a single time this season but the raw erosion of our position players has finally started to set off wailing alarms at Flavor Industries. Belt has sunk back into one of his “can’t hit the fattest of pitches” modes. He’s 0-16 since the re-start. And I’m sorry, but when your line up ends “Parker…Gillaspe…Williamson…..Pena” and the mid-game replacements are Green and Blanco…..that is a spring training line up, at best. And I don’t know what Green was doing out there. It’s like he was on the field just for the jokes. They should have cued up the Benny Hill theme song every time he got some screen time…..

Speaking for everyone when I say we are LOVING all these east coast Flap updates. Keep ’em coming. I’m not going to post pics because a lot of them are coming in but I will at some point. Let me see if I have this straight: Chi and Blade are staying together (TWO (2!) separate beds!!!!) in Boston. They met up with GiantHead (and son) for a pre-game beer (epic synopsis of the trip on last thread, GH). San Dawg is in NY with his son wandering around a park and staying at the YMCA (please take a pic of that room). UncaChuck didn’t go because of a shady contractor and is posting (sloppily) from BART. Chi, Blade and San Dawg (and son) plan on meeting up with MacDog, Pawlie and Loo and some point during the NY series.

Do I have all that straight? Correct me in the comment section if I missed someone….

1. djloo27 said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:47 pm

I would almost never PH a lefty for a righty at Fenway…

2. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:48 pm

He’s safe.

3. zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Blerp.

4. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:48 pm

If Belt’s foot is down he’s safe.

5. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:49 pm

they ain’t gonna change it

6. Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:49 pm

Fuck Blanco, the worst fucking place to hit it.

7. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:49 pm

Shit. Didn’t like that move, Boch.

8. Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:50 pm

The mitt didn’t move. He was fucking safe. Cowards.

9. Bozo said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Fail. He was safe.

10. zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Blanco is Bochy’s boy.

11. alleykat69 said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:50 pm

What no faith at all in Parker hitting??

12. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Damn it. Just a single…

13. wilcojoe said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:51 pm

I can only imagine the fights that would have broken out at the Stick if this was the Dodgers and Giants. If the Giants coughed up this big of a lead to the Dodgers at the stick it would have been total chaos.

To this day the most legit fist fights I have ever witnessed in person were at Giants-Dodger games at the Stick.

14. Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:52 pm

I don’t know if you can fuck up a bases loaded nobody out situation any better than the Giants just did. Jesus H. Christ.

• bassbaldy said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Thats what I dont get .. fucking come back from 8 -0 and then faceplant.

15. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Oh well. That sucks.

16. Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:53 pm

And send Gillaspie’s ass down as soon as you can.

• Bozo said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Or back to the White Sox.

• Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Even better.

17. bassbaldy said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Gillaspie, the anti clutch

18. zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Williamson was the starter, let him hit. It was the 6th inning.

19. Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Eduardo needs to get himself a different job because he stinks as broadcaster.

• wilcojoe said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:04 pm

I can’t stand his voice. He talks like he has marbles in his mouth.

20. wilcojoe said, on July 20, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Unreal!

21. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Figures. Fuck. Ted Cruz managed to get through his whole speech without once mentioning Donald Trump.

Crazy.

22. alleykat69 said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Nice work with your pen their Bochy??
    WTF ??? You let a worn out Suarez pitch to Papi with 2 lefties ready(base hit) and then leave him in to face Hanley for the Bomb.

23. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Much as I hate Cruz, that was fucking great.

• wilcojoe said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Pissed I missed it. Heard there was a lot of drama tonight.

24. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Don’t like Bochy’s work tonight.

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Get that conga line going.

25. zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Dodgers lost.

• bassbaldy said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:11 pm

and so will we it seems .. if Boch.can manage it … so good so far … oh well, it was fun for a minute but back to reality.

26. djloo27 said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Bassbaldy is bringing back memories of the great “Soph”…

• bassbaldy said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Naw … I ain’t that good … I’m good, but not in that league!

• unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Gold, Loo . . .

• djloo27 said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:26 pm

I got a kick out of Soph.
        BB seems aware of the reference.
        Is that possible?

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:31 pm

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Or I should say- I’d love to hear how.

• bassbaldy said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Im the ‘Great Soph’ returned to haunt & torment!

27. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:18 pm

One time, Belt…

28. unca_chuck said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Fuck. LOB>>>

29. djloo27 said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Bochy may not know how to manage in Fenway…

30. Bozo said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:28 pm

I’m not a fan of a slug fest, but at this point, I’m thinking a 15 inning game would be great.

31. zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:31 pm

It’s the Law.

32. bassbaldy said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:31 pm

WTF! 4 of those 5 pitches were strikes .. motherfuckers! I want the robots!

33. Bozo said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Would you hit him?

• Bozo said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:46 pm

WTF, I think I would.

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Again? 🙂

• Bozo said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:47 pm

OK, probably better getting the out.

34. Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Fuck, I haven’t thought about that bitch in about 4 years. What a royal pain in the ass she was!

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Probably a he.

• Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:48 pm

LOL. That’s what everyone said!

• djloo27 said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:48 pm

sniff…

• Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:49 pm

ROFL!

• Bozo said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Hanley Ramírez? I agree.

35. Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Sophrosyne, wasn’t it? Ally from some king shit college in Pennsylvania.

• djloo27 said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Bryn Mawr!

• Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:50 pm

• chipower9 said, on July 20, 2016 at 10:23 pm

You guys have great memory of Soph from Bryn Mar…from the days when the Flappers ruled The Splash. And then Flavor stood up this site. The Best Motherfucking Blog, EVER! Blade and I would have never made this trip without Flavor’s Flap. Thank you again, Flav!

36. chipower9 said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Well, even if we do not pull this out, it has been EPIC!

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:51 pm

I agree. They made a game of it. That’s very cool.

37. zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:50 pm

The Law!

38. Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Loo, you’re dealing tonight. Too bad Cainer wasn’t.

39. muchosereno said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:52 pm

her daddy bequeathed her everything. In retrospect, that guy’s mockery of bloggers subsidized by inheritances or trust funds makes a lot of sense. I had no idea there were so many.

40. snarkk said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:53 pm

I’m late to this party, but looks like Chia n blade are seeing a ton of action! Can u Guys make sure they leave Cain in Boston? Thanks…

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Yeah, Cain was Green Day “Dookie.”

41. snarkk said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:55 pm

I thought everybody figured soph was Nippy…

• Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:58 pm

lulz.

• wilcojoe said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:00 pm

That’s what I always thought. Whatever happened to Nipper?

• bassbaldy said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:09 pm

You guys are referring to the Giants site, right? I used post there years ago … Nipper certainly rings a bell, and now that I think of it so does Soph something or other … I think my pseudonym was Expos94 or something like that.

42. Bozo said, on July 20, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Since 1915? One thing I know, SF should never wear those 70’s unis again.

43. snarkk said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:02 pm

We figured Cain was ripe for a beating, he didn’t disappoint. He’s back on my shit list until proven otherwise…

44. bassbaldy said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:03 pm

I guess all we can hope for is Bum trip home to milk his cow has straightened him out and Cueto is back to full strength .. The way we hit tonight, keep that up and we should be able to take 2 of 3 in the Bronx.

45. Macdog said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Our second-half slogan: “At least the Dodgers lost.”

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Yeah, both teams are just trying to grind through at the moment.

• wilcojoe said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Lulz

46. zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Good thing the bottom three of the division are pretty buried.

47. gianthead said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Wilco, one of my other Boston stories from yesterday, again as we were headed over to meet Chia Blade, a gentlemen is standing by a car, a Black Lincoln. He goes up to son and I and says I have to tell you a story…he is a former Boston cop and his one experience in Candlestick was taking the blankets from his hotel, freezing his ass off at the Stick and then happen to be at the Stick during a Fodger game. He said he had never seen so many fights in all his time as a Boston cop. And he pointed out these were full thrown down affairs. I gave him the knowing dude head nod.

Very cool guy. I could have probably listened to him for hours and probably would have heard some great Boston cop stories. But then a lady walks up to the car from doing a little shopping and gets in back. So he was either working security for a rich byatch or just retired to drive around rich old chicks.

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:15 pm

One of those reminders how every life is its own story.

• chipower9 said, on July 20, 2016 at 9:52 pm

You know what Roy Rogers said…”My coldest winter was a summer in San Francisco.”

I can relate. Went to a Cubbie-Gaint double-header at the Stick in July. We had seats under the overhang. It was so damned cold, we all ran down into the sunshine between innings.

48. alleykat69 said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Kruk with the usual bs about Cain. Well he’s not ready to throw at ML competition but they need him.
    Need him for what? Batting practice pitcher that makes 20mil? Guess why not ,you need to get something out of him at that coin.
    But let’s face it, he’s done and I like the guy but he has lost velocity & location and is getting raked, how much longer can they keep him in the rotation?

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:14 pm

If he keeps getting raked, they’ll put him on the DL with an injury or phantom injury.

49. snarkk said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Just saw highlights- Cain gave up two bombs to Ramirez ? That is friggin worse than brutal…

50. zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Cruz gave his speech without endorsing Trump. Cruz must have made that his precondition to show up.

• wilcojoe said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Well many are wondering why Trump would allow him to speak, knowing full well what he was going to say. But getting Cruz booed off the stage makes you think that is exactly what they hoped would happen. Say what you will about Trump but it was a brilliant strategic move.

• wilcojoe said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Not to mention the timing was brilliant. Wag the Dog type move. There goes all the Melania talk.

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:39 pm

But only plays to his base, IMO. Doesn’t expand his base.

• wilcojoe said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:48 pm

I don’t know Zum. Social media is exploding with all of the Republican stalwarts saying how disappointed they are with Cruz. That is the same thing as endorsing Trump for guys that otherwise wouldn’t have spoken out in favor of Trump. Even many Cruz supporters are turning their back on him and that is huge! Cruz tea sippers who may have sat this one out may not after all.

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Well, we’ll see. Seems like a lot of negative stuff coming out of this convention. Reagan and the Bushes managed to have positive-sounding conventions. The GOP angry white guy message has limited appeal. But who knows.

• zumiee said, on July 20, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Melania’s presentation to the American public was ruined by the scandal and how the campaign botched the aftermath. It’s hilarious how inept they looked trying to manage that little crisis. Scary to think how inept he would be with big crises.

51. gianthead said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Two out of three in NY will cure the blues….if we had split in Boston and lost two of three in NY, we would have been 2-3 on the east coast swing and we probably all would be ok with it. So we just need to get two…of course none of us expected the sweep in SD…time to pull the trigger on a couple of deals.

By the way, the Cubs look like they gave up a very bright prospect in dealing for a middling Montgomery. If I were the Yankees I would have been probably pretty happy to have landed such a hitting prospect who looks like will be a first baseman or DH for either Miller or Chapman with a couple additional lower level prospects. Or they may have been able to pry Baez away. I don’t think the Cubs are parting with Schwarzenegger, I wouldn’t if I were them. If they don’t pull off a world series trip this year, they can go after free agent Chapman full bore and not lose any top prospect.

• gianthead said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:21 pm

There is a great auto type…Schwarber of course…

52. willedav said, on July 20, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Weirdness in box score tonite (missed game except for little bit toward end on radio): Span was on base 3 times (and twice yesterday) Pagan twice (and also twice yesterday) but neither scored a run in either game. 3-4-5 zero rbis out of 7 tonite and of course none yesterday either.

Yes, hope Yankee Stadium gets LH bats rolling, Posey too.

Cain getting raked again makes me leery to sell off young pitching. Giants gotta hope couple the kids can get into rotation next year at latest.

53. Lurker John said, on July 20, 2016 at 9:05 pm

BTW, Nipper can be found frequenting Chuck’s 49ers Forever blog. And I don’t think he was Soph. That would just be too weird.

54. mrsprtdude said, on July 20, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Was at Tuesdays game. It was awesome until the game started. Sat in front row of the Monster during Giants BP. One of my friends i went with caught a homer. Hit right to him! Awesome!

• chipower9 said, on July 20, 2016 at 10:07 pm

SportDude – Blade and I tried to reach out to you here on the Flap multiple times about meeting up in Boston. All we heard were crickets chirping. Did you share any photos with anyone? You going to NY? If so, a bunch of us Flappers are meeting up there. Join the party if you are for real.u

55. chipower9 said, on July 20, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Well boys. Blade and I tried like hell to bring home the bacon with a win tonight! There were a TON of Giant fans there tonight. The Boston fans said they have never seen anything like it ever.

Even though our boys lost, it was a very entertaining game. When we rallied to 8-7, I really thought we were going to win. Damn!

Blade and I agree that for any future road trips, Zumiee MUST be a part of the traveling party!

Well, Blade and I catch the big dog (Greyhound) tomorrow for NYC. Train takes just as long and was over $100 per ticket. Bus was only $25. No brainer.

Boston was a super cool town. People here are awesome! Blade and I walked the entire Freedom Trail today. If you like Revolutionary War history, it gets no better!

Let’s take no prisoners in NY. At least two of three!

G’Night, girls!

• snarkk said, on July 21, 2016 at 12:21 am

Bring some wins to NYC, Chi!…

56. snarkk said, on July 21, 2016 at 12:17 am

I just figured out in highlights that Bochy apparently pinch hit Blanco for Williamson with the bags loaded and no out, and Blanco hit into a DP. This is after Williamson crushed his dinger in the prior AB. Ya know, there’s probably an argument for that move, the lefty/righty thing, but I ain’t buying it. To hell with Bochy on that move. You don’t take the bat out of a young player’s hands there, mid-game, after he just parked one, you give him confidence and let him swing. Especially a kid with his power. Even if he screws up, and strikes out like he apparently did earlier, the confidence of the manager is worth a lot. IMO Bochy totally botched that move, and not just because Blanco crapped all over it…

• chipower9 said, on July 21, 2016 at 4:08 am

I don”t have a problem with the move as much as the way it was played. If you PH Blanco there, put on the safety or suicide squeeze. Otherwise, yes, I would have left the at in Mac’s hands.

One of the few things I dislike about Bochy is his apparent aversion to the squeeze.

• chipower9 said, on July 21, 2016 at 6:42 am

Flip side, and I get this, is zero outs, and if Mac even gets a single, Giants take the lead by a run. Sac fly ties it. But I still would have put on the squeeze. I will have to have a talk with Boxhy over a couple of cold ones when I get back. 😉

57. blade3colorado said, on July 21, 2016 at 7:01 am

What Chi said (phone has been dead. Long story).

58. wilcojoe said, on July 21, 2016 at 7:56 am

Hey Chi, give us the lowdown on the Bum encounter? Were you guys on the same flight? What did you say? Did anyone else recognize him? Does he wear boxers or briefs?

• chipower9 said, on July 21, 2016 at 8:09 am

Bum and his wife were on the same flight. No one else was around or approached him. I just was walking by, glanced over, our eyes met, and I said ” what the fuck!” I they asked if I could have a photo with him. His wife snapped the shot. We chatted for a few, and he explained that he and his bride had gone home for a day during the Giants off day. I told him we were off to Boston to see them, and that we also had tix to Friday’s game, and wished him luck in that outing. He just said a humble, “oh thanks man, I appreciate that.” He wished me luck in my travels and I was off. He was sitting in first class, and when I went up there to use the head, and he was crashed out hard, camp ball cap pulled down over his eyes. I have no idea, but would guess he is a boxer guy (like me). No whitey tighties for this kid!

It was a very cool experience. Fate.

59. unca_chuck said, on July 21, 2016 at 8:15 am

Yeah, I didn’t like the Blanco move before it played out. I liked it less after . . .

I mean Mac can at least give you the sac. If Blanco is up, he should just push a bunt past the pitcher.

Didn’t really like leaving Suarez it to give up bomb #3 to HandRam. Fuck.

Belt needs to wake up. As to the rest of the meat of the line up.