Just Don’t Call Him “Late for Dinner”

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 29, 2016

Whether you call him *Eddie” or “Nunie” or “EdNu”, one thing is for certain: he’s ours. He’s AAAAAALLLLLLLLLL ours!!!!! He’s very nice insurance for Panik’s head and Duffy’s heel. GEICO couldn’t get you that type of sweet *dome to toe* coverage.

The Nun-erator has blasted 12 dongs this season. He hit 12 dongs in his previous 4 seasons combined. That spike in production reeks of something juicy going on but that’s not for me to determine. He’s also decided to steal the shit out of some bases and regarding that I say, keep on running my man. The bottom line is that this dude has more speed and power (this year) than Panik and Duffy have combined.

Will he be able to play the NL game? Is he gonna pull a “Leake” and puss out now that he’s in a competitive situation? Two very valid questions.

But this is no “Orlando Cabrera” pick up. This dude is at the peak of his career (or his cycle). We should all be excited about this first move by Evans…..

1. Flavor said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Amy G needs new product for her hair. What the fuck am I looking at right now……

• sandog said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:07 pm

She should borrow some from Crawdad. I’m sure he’s got a 5 gallon bucket at his locker–like the ones I used to grow pot in. No greenhouse for me though.

• unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:08 pm

I think Darrell Strawberry met her in the locker room.

• blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:11 pm

2. sandog said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:05 pm

I’m at Pad game, so I gotta keep it short, but I have long felt Smardz just chucks it up there with a “fuck-it” attitude. I told Loo all about it at Yankee Schtad the other night.

• unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Got to get down there one of these days to catch a game, Dog. Giants or not.

• sandog said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Make it happen, man. It would be great to have you down here.

3. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:07 pm

You are correct, sir. Smargie has no idea where he’s throwing.

4. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:07 pm

I think that;s the first time I’ve seen a fucking ball dude make a play.

5. blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Unca, I certainly can’t argue with your premise. Since San Diego, I’ve suspected that aliens have taken over our team a la Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. This team I don’t know.

6. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Ahhh, I’m buzzed and tired, Had a crazy busy week at work, and these guys are making me cranky when they play like they are a bunch of noobs.

• unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:14 pm

I just think we lost our opportchances unity against Sherzer.

• djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:17 pm

What are you typing on, a meatball hero?

• sandog said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:20 pm

I think he’s using talk-to-text while eating a meatball hero…

• Macdog said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Meatball hero sounds like a Samardzija sandwich.

• unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:26 pm

More like a shit sandwich.

AZ tied it at least.

7. sandog said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Wow….Kemp just really loafed going after a ball and lobbed it in. Brandon Phillips took an extra base and then came in on a 2 out single. Some managers would have yanked his ass then and there. Billy Martin and Bobby Cox come to mind. Maybe Gil Hodges as well. Different era, I know.

• blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Sounds like Blanco on the Ramos play at home.

8. blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Speaking of sandwiches, I wish I could order that Philly Cheese Steak sandwich I had at Yankee Stadium. Especially since I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow and I have an apple and some carrots in the refrigerator. Everything there seemed like a rip off, e.g., hot dogs masquerading as Italian sausages, etc. However, that Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich stand underneath the 409 Section we sat at – was delicious and a lot for how much I spent.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled Giants game.

• djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I went to the outdoor Ranger-Islander night game at Yankee Stadium a couple of Januarys ago.
      Temperatures in the teens.
      Small hot chocolate: $12.00

• blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Unbelievable that they can charge that much. Not certain, but I think the best deal at the Phone Park is still the Garlic fries. I could barely finish them and they were delicious. I didn’t think they were that expensive either.

• unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:51 pm

That’s what you get for drinking hot chocolate

9. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Christ, even the fans are fucking up. They should do it when the Giants are up to bat . . .

10. bassbaldy said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Fuck !Yeah! A desperate fan runs onto the field to beg & plead with the Giants to “wake the fuck up! .. unfortunately all they heard was “..fuck up” and they will continue to comply.

11. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Wow. This fucking clown scored on Blanco.

12. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:34 pm

AZ takes the lead! This all I got . . .

13. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Speaking of prices, I took my son to the USA/China bball game. He really wanted to see KD. Seats were relatively cheap for nice ones on the free throw line about 20 rows back. however, the parking was $40.00 and beers were $15.00.

KD was on fire.

7-3 AZ!

14. djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:42 pm

This is nothing new but people paid $32.00 to park at Citifield the other night for a game that was rained out before it started. No refunds.

• blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Loo, do they even have parking at Yankee Stadium? I wasn’t certain. Seems like a waste of time with the subway being right there.

• djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Yes there are garages a couple of blocks away by the old stadium location. It can take well over an hour just to get out of there. Although for a $20 bribe an attendant will park you outside somewhere and get you out in 10 seconds. Some people fear the subways or think they’re too good for it but I wouldn’t go any other way.

• blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:54 pm

I felt completely safe and shit, it must have been midnight or later when Chi and I got back to the hotel. I wrote a review of that Super 8 hotel we stayed at on TripAdvisor. It should be approved by tomorrow. I’ll share it here if anyone is interested.

• blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:48 pm

This is what I regret about my Yankee Stadium experience – not walking around every inch of that park and locating the museum or whatever the hell they call it with the statues/plaques, etc. That’s been bothering me since my return. Chi and I saw pretty much all of Fenway – outside and inside, so no regrets there.

• blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Conversely, I can tell you everything about Freeman St., Bronx Subway Station and the surrounding area. lulz.

• unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Since Yankee stadium is about 6 years old I wouldn’t sweat it as much as Fenway.

• djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Monument Park in the old stadium.
        Monument Cave in the new one…

15. wilcojoe said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Didn’t I hear that A’s fans were forced to pay like $75 or something ridiculous for parking during a game that coincided with the NBA finals?

16. snarkk said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Just got back from an evening out with my female household. We ended up at Baskin Robbins. From the look of it and the above Flap comments, my combo cup of Black Walnut and Coconut Pineapple scoops was way more satisfying than this Giants crap fest…

17. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Please me, don’t tease me . . .

18. bassbaldy said, on July 29, 2016 at 9:53 pm

As to Span getting hurt .. not I sure agree with his “they cant afford to lose this guy” comment.

19. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Span can’t take a base on a ball that rolls 15 feet away?

• djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:02 pm

They don’t allow his home attendant to help him on the basepaths…

• bassbaldy said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Seems like they are playing scared after the last few base running gaffs

20. wilcojoe said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:01 pm

I have Crawford in my late night DFS. Grand slam please?

• blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Not certain this falls under “never mention a no hitter” rule in section 8 of the baseball handbook, but it comes close Joe.

21. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:04 pm

No, the wonder is how will they What??????

22. unca_chuck said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:05 pm

I was going to say how will they fuck this up but I couldn’t type it fast enough. Glory be. A triple play. Span needs to be benched for a bit. He should have scored on passed ball #3. Instead he’s the back end of a triple play?

AAAAAAAKKKK!!!!!! What in the wide wide world of sports is going on?

23. blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Pfffttt!

. . . and that’s your Giants replay. Drive home safely folks.

24. bassbaldy said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Hey Flav, can I borrow your gun, please?

25. blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:07 pm

I blame WilcoJoe. lulz

26. mrsprtdude said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Fuck. This is unreal…I can’t remember how long it’s been since I saw a live triple play?

27. djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:08 pm

28. wilcojoe said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:08 pm

See the luck I’ve had could make a good man turn bad…

Fuck it all. I am going to cry myself to sleep listening to The Smiths.

29. wilcojoe said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:09 pm

My wife says I have the worst luck in the world. I think that pretty much confirms that. Unfuckingbelievable!

30. Macdog said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Un Fucking. Real.

31. blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Just your normal 3 to 5 triple play.

32. snarkk said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Hey, they’ve hit bottom with that triple play. Seriously, you can’t get lower than that. All up from here…

33. wilcojoe said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:14 pm

I take full responsibility. I have never wished for something gambling related on this blog for that very fucking reason. I am at a loss for words.

• bassbaldy said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Thats ok man, none of us are perfect.

• blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Nah . . . Not your fault Joe. Our team sucks at the moment. Hopefully, it gets better tomorrow.

34. djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Is Pence being activated tomorrow?

• bassbaldy said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:17 pm

I heard he has asked to be traded ๐Ÿ˜‰

• djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:19 pm

lulz!

• willedav said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:20 pm

maybe he can coach bases.
      uh remember freeze on a line drive

35. willedav said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:16 pm

First in Nats history from what was tweeted on cbs game tracker.

• djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:18 pm

I remember Ron Hansen’s unassisted TP with Washington, but it was the Senators…

36. snarkk said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:19 pm

As for Span, this guy is seriously testing my patience. He seems to be often playing like he’s had a shot of demerol before the game — just loopy, dumbass plays. He shouldn’t have gotten tripled up on that. Anyway, I saw Parker went down. I didn’t seriously expect Blanco to get DFA’d, but he should be. I really really don’t want to see him on this team next season…

• bassbaldy said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Dont know if you have tv feed … conjecture there was Posey blovked his view and he thought ball bounced .. he missed umps signal.

• snarkk said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:27 pm

I saw highlights, I don’t buy it. He was halfway to Palo Alto when the first sacker caught it. You gotta watch what the hell is going on with nobody out to make sure the inning keeps alive, especially when there is a line shot like that. Giants just playing dumb baseball all around…

• willedav said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:23 pm

I think they are way younger next year Snarkk–no Pagan no Blanco no Peavy Romo Casilla Lopez for a start.
      Play Mac and Parker and use money saved elsewhere.

• snarkk said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Hope you’re right…

37. snarkk said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Radio says the last time the Giants suffered a triple play was in Sept 2009 in Milwaukee, the “bowling pins” game of Prince Fielder’s walk off…

• wilcojoe said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Ironically, I think Crawford hit a grand slam in that series.

38. chipower9 said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Well, Nunez…here’s your chance to be the hero on the first night. The team is scuffling. No pressure…

39. snarkk said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Gnight dudes…

40. djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:28 pm

It’s Howdy Nunie time!

41. bassbaldy said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Pence looks like he has a career as a big league manager when his playing days are over.

42. blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Only one AB, but I like his patience.

• bassbaldy said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Yep. Pretty good ab .. made him pitch to him

• blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:35 pm

Yeah . . . Again, only one AB, but everything I read says Nunez is a free swinger and he showed discipline and patience in that AB. See what’s what going forward.

• Macdog said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:45 pm

I still wanna see his arm ๐Ÿ˜‰

43. mrsprtdude said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:31 pm

So much for the storybook beginning…

44. djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Side note about the Odd Couple clip I posted up above:

The producers wanted Clemente to hit into the triple play, but he refused because he felt it was embarrassing…

45. bassbaldy said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Welcome to ur new home Nunie!

46. blade3colorado said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Get ’em tomorrow.

47. chipower9 said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Another day, another loss. I remain optimistic when thinking long-term, but I would be lying if I didn’t say that this shit is getting really old. Any day now is when they are supposed to rip off a little three or four game win streak.

G’night ladies.

48. willedav said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:35 pm

Cue Albert King (or better yet the Cream version sung by J Bruce), Born Under a Bad Sign

wasn’t for bad luck
    wouldn’t have no luck at all

for the record, Blanco did have 2 hits steal and only rbi off Scherzer…but no way Ramos the C should have scored on the ball hit to him.

49. djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 10:51 pm

T-Shirt suggestion:

We Play
    We Lose

50. eddacker said, on July 29, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Another 1 run game. What’s wrong with the pitching? A few shutout games and there would be no slump. ๐Ÿ˜€
    We did provide a historic triple play, but where is the love? Your welcome, Washington.
    With one swing the newest Giant would have been on his way for a statue outside one of the AT&T gates.
    Instead of torture these games take endurance. Maybe tomorrow we can endeavor?

51. djloo27 said, on July 29, 2016 at 11:34 pm

And Dodgers come back to win.
    One game lead.
    LA supposedly on brink of blockbuster involving Bruce…

52. xoot said, on July 29, 2016 at 11:41 pm

I have PTSD

53. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on July 29, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Funny, Xoot….. ๐Ÿ™‚ Yeah, that must’ve been a tough one to sit through. I have never seen a 1-game divisional lead that felt more like 10 games back…… Who said they think body snatchers are to blame? Not really too many other plausible theories to explain the Jekyl-Hyde performance of this team pre-break and post-break……

• bassbaldy said, on July 30, 2016 at 12:04 am

True enough Paul. Yet, many of us, including myself, thought there would be a ‘correction’ of sorts. But this is not a mere correction, this is ridiculousness bordering on the sublime. This is brutal. A rally ended by a triple play for fucks sake?

Chi’s wish for a good healthy dose of adversity is coming true in spades.

54. sandog said, on July 30, 2016 at 12:16 am

Driving home from Padre game I heard static-ey highlight of triple play. Couldn’t make out who they said got tagged for 3rd out. Said to myself, “please don’t let it be my man Span!”
    Is Nunez the guy who hit into it, or was it Craw?

• bassbaldy said, on July 30, 2016 at 12:29 am

Yeah sorry, it was Span as 3rd out. Craw hit into it. Tv guys said it looked like Span’s view of the ball was blocked by Posey moving off 1st. Hard to tell from replay I think.

• bassbaldy said, on July 30, 2016 at 12:35 am

Nunez struck out with Blanco & Brown at 2nd & 3rd to end game. He had a decent at bat though .. made them pitch to him.