Mid Season Makeover

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 2, 2016

Wow, what would the Duffy reaction be if he’d actually been playing? Doesn’t him being on the shelf for months ease some of this devastation? I am totally fine with trading him for Moore, I actually think it was a fantastic move–one the Giants literally never make. I liked Duffy but Wilco made a great point about the Willie Mac winners. Great guys, not always the greatest ballplayers. And I am standing by my Matt Moore call—coming back from TJ can take a little time. This guy is going to be a rock solid #2. Maybe not right away but even in his current state, and the move to AT&T will obviously be a plus, he is going to literally change the entire look of our flailing, unreliable rotation. And I don’t know about the rest of you, but we can win this year. And I want to win this year. These moves allow us to hit a re-start button of sorts….

Lisle (and others) made a great point about Duffy easing the transition of The Fat Panda Exit and in the end I think that will be his greatest contribution to the Giants. But come on, he wasn’t even playing. Now we get Nunie who is better AND Matt Moore? Shit, I’m all in. I personally think DuffMan is going to go on the have a very underwhelming career but will be happy to be wrong. But the bottom line is that I really don’t care how he does going forward. Sorry, I am not a DuffHead. I kinda understand why some of you are though. Is it a cat thing? Does fat Skeeter leaving factor into any of this? lulz.

I am beyond excited about this bold makeover. This was a win-now move by the front office and it’s a move with an eye to the future too. How often do you get both?

GH, I’m playing Big Meadow today, Glaze tomorrow and then my sister’s club in Bend (I forget the name) on Thurs or Friday.

1. zumiee said, on August 2, 2016 at 6:20 pm

That Strickland slider. Never close to being a strike.

2. djloo27 said, on August 2, 2016 at 6:25 pm

• zumiee said, on August 2, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Johnny One-Pitch.

3. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2016 at 6:29 pm

To me if I’m the hitter like Franco, I’m looking outside corner on those pitches to hit cause I can hear Posey shifting his feet late..He did and he tied up the game..

• zumiee said, on August 2, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Posey is trying to create deception, because Strickland has none.

4. Carstie Clausen said, on August 2, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Done gone from another “oh shit!” to see-saw.

5. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Dodgers finally stepping up!
    What league did they say Puig would end up? “The Penal Colony baseball league?”

6. bassbaldy said, on August 2, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Was da score?

• sandog said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:01 pm

8-8 still, but. They got runners on second and third with one out

• Bozo said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:01 pm

8-8, Phils have guys on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out. Bottom of the 8th

• Bozo said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Romo in.

• Bozo said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:04 pm

10-8 Phils

7. djloo27 said, on August 2, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Pence was grimacing after hitting the wall…

8. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Not a lot of thrill with Will tonight.

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Our expensive new reliever coughs up a hairball. Betcha Bruce is not delighted about him as an 8th inning choice.

9. Macdog said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Will the Buzzkill.

• sandog said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Not a great night for the new kids on the block.

10. sandog said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:04 pm

10-8 Phils, Bass.

11. alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:05 pm

What was Romo thinking there?
    Had him totally setup with his slider down and away..

12. Lurker John said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:06 pm

These fucking guys aren’t going anywhere. Rescind the Duffy trade and bring him back, pack this Smith joker in a fucking box and ship his ass somewhere a long way from AT&T.

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Tonight Smith is a long way from PhoneBill Park. Pretty disappointed with our starter too.

13. gianthead said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:08 pm

The Giants pen is just determined to piss on my night..

• gianthead said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:10 pm

I think this is the first I have seen Romo pitch since he came back and just unacceptable…not fooling even minor league hitters…

14. zumiee said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:13 pm

The Giants did some seriously crappy pitching tonight.

15. Macdog said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:14 pm

I know there’s been a bunch of blowouts previously, but this might be their worst-pitched game this season. What a disgrace.

16. Bozo said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:26 pm

NG. Get em tomorrow.

17. unca_chuck said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Jesus. Was half paying attention while eating dinner with my daughter, Saw Romo leave one up to blow the tie, then I left.

Philly is the little shop of horrors apparently. Bummie gives up 6? The pen7?

Yikies. Bummie is n a losing streak.

• zumiee said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:32 pm

He’s only 0-1 in those 4 games, but the team is 0-4.

• Macdog said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:56 pm

He’s 0-2 (at Padres, home Reds).

18. zumiee said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:31 pm

The Rockies are ahead 1-0.
    That score should hold up at Coors Field.

• alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:47 pm

The Bochy speech coming up!
      With the drawl of course;
      Wellllll the guys really really battle hard tonight,a couple of pitches Bum would want back but he battled!
      The BP welllllll a little off tonight,my new guy Will Smith? I thought he threw well even the smoked ball off the wall was a good pitch that he atleast kept in the park!Wellll we’re get are giddy up going tomorrow and the boys will back it up with a win!

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 2, 2016 at 8:17 pm

good parody; I can hear it

19. bassbaldy said, on August 2, 2016 at 7:47 pm

I checked out the box & game summary …JeeUs’ mullet!

The only positive thing I can think of to say is that Chi’s sense that the team needs this phase of adversity — as they experienced in the three previous WS championship years — in order to ultimately succeed. I’m gonna trust & hope he’s right.

20. bassbaldy said, on August 2, 2016 at 8:02 pm

I wonder if Bum made a quick trip home to NC on the off day to “milk his cow”? … so to speak.

21. zumiee said, on August 2, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Rockies 4-0, for now.

22. pawliekokonuts said, on August 2, 2016 at 8:11 pm

The Giants should just forfeit these fuckin East Coast games. Gawd. Stay home, save on travel, rest up, play cards or dominoes. Forfeit.

23. blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Just got back from the latest and greatest (NOT) Jason Bourne flick. As one critic said, before we had Treadstone; now we have re-Treadstone. In short, save your money. Almost as bad as that new “paint by the numbers” Star Wars flick that came out last year. Yuck!

OK, so it sounds like Nunez came back to planet Earth with the bad throw and Ofer; the new reliever lost the game; and Bum was a bum tonight. Sigh. Hopefully, this shit doesn’t stand beyond this evening and they start a new winning streak tomorrow. We can hope . . . 🙂

• pawliekokonuts said, on August 2, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Why don’t you just change your ID to optimist3thailand?

• blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Well, I’m going to Vietnam this time, so there’s that.

• gianthead said, on August 3, 2016 at 6:43 am

Thanks Blade…will tell the kids…I hated Star Wars…

• blade3colorado said, on August 3, 2016 at 7:21 am

Yeah, it totally sucked Peter. Do what I usually do and pirate it off the internet in about 3-4 weeks.

24. djloo27 said, on August 2, 2016 at 8:21 pm

They never recovered from Bochy’s blunder of starting Bumgarner first game back after the break. It threw them out of whack. I don’t expect anyone else here to believe that, but you can’t disprove it either…

• alleykat69 said, on August 2, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Hey I’ll go with that theory Loo.
      Then again I still believe in Area 51 cause we have a player named Will Smith who did some major alien kick assing in “Independence Day”

• Macdog said, on August 2, 2016 at 9:01 pm

I agree MadBum should not have started the first game back and should’ve been given one more day, especially after he was going on fumes trying to get that no-hitter right before the break. I don’t agree it threw the team out of whack. This has been a team-wide collapse: Bad pitching, feeble hitting when they do get the pitching, and atrocious defense throughout it all.

25. zumiee said, on August 2, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Rocks 7-0, for now.

• blade3colorado said, on August 2, 2016 at 9:17 pm

No worries Zum. This is a quid pro quo from the Sherpas.

26. Macdog said, on August 2, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Will Smith has some company: Abad makes his Red Sox debut and serves up 3-run bomb to Cano to give M’s a 5-4 lead.

• zumiee said, on August 2, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Reddick 0-4, and Chavez gave up 2 earned runs in the Dodgers loss.

• willedav said, on August 3, 2016 at 7:57 am

Abad used to pitch for the A’s, nothing special as I remember and their pen has either been shaky or the better guys got hurt. Tho so did Casilla, who suddenly found some new pitches once he got to SF.

27. Kristopher Thuresson (@_Thuresson_) said, on August 2, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Losing Duffy is not a good feeling. However at least the move makes sense…although after todays I am not as convinced on the trade for will smith. I hope we aren’t feeling the same after Moore makes his debut.

28. willedav said, on August 3, 2016 at 7:53 am

The phightins are still 13th NL in runs scored, 13th BA 15th OB 14th slugging 14th OPS.
    But Giants pitching they seem to like, now having scored 29 runs in 4 games.
    And last time out late June they knocked around Cueto for 8 hits and 6 runs (wasn’t that the game he came unglued vs. ump?) in a Sunday game Giants won late 8-7.
    Note: at that time Giants were 49-28 Phils still way under .500. And they have still given up 100 more runs than they have scored.

• zumiee said, on August 3, 2016 at 8:05 am

Yeah, they’re treating the Giants like batting practice.